Butane torches made of glass

I just posted about this in the UD thread but thought it might be cool enough to warrant its own little thread. This whole concept is just awesome to me, although it does amount to a glass hand grenade if something goes wrong.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I saw that post in the underdog thread...
While I agree it wouldn't be fun if something happened, they're just so pretty... :mmmm:

Frederick McGuire,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Wow, looks clever.....

But after I had my 4mm? thick borosilicate extraction tube explode mid extraction I could never see myself having enough faith in glass to pressurise it like that! Well, glass made in this industry anyway. I'm just paranoid now :tinfoil:

WatTyler,

dorkus_molorkus

:tup: I saw a youtube vid of a colloration between a couple of well known glass guys (I think) & had a glass torch built into a custom vapor swing bubbler type deal.

One seriously fucking knarly piece. Too damn fogged to remember the details right now, will try to find it & post it here.

EDIT:this isnt the vid I was thinking of (still looking for it tho) but you get the idea.

imagine if you dropped it while it was on!!
OMG- like an indoor Hindenberg. well not really but you know what I mean.

and another couple

SD_haze

Here's an awesome showcase of all-glass torch tubes. Bunch of different models.

The technology has really progressed, and much like cellphones, the newer ones keep getting smaller and sweeter.

Great videos guys. Here's an entry from the scientific glassblowing world using quartz glass.
17jet3row.gif

Most of the site is bad links sadly.

This site has lots of great info on scientific glassblowing and is where I found it mentioned.

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom