Brilliant Cut Grinder

lazylathe

Almost there...
Quite some time ago, I ordered the new polished SS grinder with a medium grind plate.
It's been a dream to use but I want to also have a fine plate for it.
Checked the BCG website and they do not sell individual SS plates yet, only the whole kit.

Sent a quick email and BCG will make SS plates and charge accordingly.
They did not think there would be any call for different grade plates but will discuss offering this in their store!

The do not recommend using a fine plate from my aluminum grinder due to the different properties of the materials.

Will update once I know how much the single plates cost!

Pinte

Not anticipating plates is a weird call. Different vapes work better with fine or rough grinds.

Pinte,
Reactions: cosimo

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Not anticipating plates is a weird call. Different vapes work better with fine or rough grinds.

They probably wanted to wait to see if there was a demand, as SS may be more expensive and different tooling to make. I’ve always bought ALL 3 plates with my two sizes of aluminum OG’s. I doubt I’ve ever used the LARGE size, but still glad I have the complete set.

TheK

Anyone who has ordered for the sale? Did you guys get your tracking for factory seconds? Still no movement for mine.

TheK,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
man some of the colours have changed quite a bit since I ordered a few years back. orange and hematite are really different now anyway 🤨

Where do you see that? There are always some variations of each color depending on the batch and such offered a seconds, but they also very depending on the lighting and the photographs... Did you just get another in the same color that looks different now?

Shit Snacks,

fucreg123

Is it normal for the inside of the lower part to be sticky feeling? Even after ISO wash it just doesn't feel smooth to the touch.

fucreg123,
  • Wow

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Did you just get another in the same color that looks different now?
:nod:, some of the same colours anyway. the orange is much more bright orange and less copper now, while the hematite way more blue than grey and even the onyx isn't quite the same :o. that said all my BCG are factory seconds so that could be playing a part???? but dang! I still love them though :love:.

good seeing you again @Shit Snacks :wave:, its been sometime:myday:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Is it normal for the inside of the lower part to be sticky feeling? Even after ISO wash it just doesn't feel smooth to the touch.
I usually drop it right from iso into some soapy water and rinse, or at minimum, rinse with a lot of cold water.

vapviking,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
:nod:, some of the same colours anyway. the orange is much more bright orange and less copper now, while the hematite way more blue than grey and even the onyx isn't quite the same :o. that said all my BCG are factory seconds so that could be playing a part???? but dang! I still love them though :love:.

good seeing you again @Shit Snacks :wave:, its been sometime:myday:

A yes, likewise was thinking same thing did a bit of a double take seeing your name! :D

So that would explain it, part of the qualification for factory seconds, is off coloring...

I was disappointed by my original amber plate because it was not as orange as it appears in photos, and I love the hematite with it (I got a large hematite with medium amber plate) but I did always want that more blue hematite seen earlier in this thread from their initial prototypes lol

Lucky I have earlier light amethyst (separately also got the darker amethyst fortunately too) and special blood red ruby as well though I actually may sell that one with the silver extra chunky coarse plate since I have too many and use that plate size the least...

Still waiting for an ssteel eventually too! :haw:

Top Bottom