Brilliant Cut Grinder

fangorn

I received mine too!

I had gotten several months, maybe a year ago, a BCG OG. I had used the wrong terms when saying here that my first impression is that it was cheap compared to my stainless steel herb ripper. The review didn't go down very well!!

The SS version isn't cheap anymore... it's not a tool like my other SS grinder... it's a gem!!

So I have the polished version with a medium plate.
I don't find that fingerprints remain particularly... however I already have a nice scratch on the most exposed side of the upper plate... I dared put it upside down in my sink!
The upside is that now that it's scratched, I'm going to be less careful. on the other hand I wonder if I will be able to erase the scratches if I wait several months...?

I wish the company had provided a polishing kit...included or optional.

I'm going to look for the right products... any advice?

Beyond the aesthetic aspect, I love the grind... I don't have a top quality weed right now but it's already extremely satisfying.

And my hands thank me... Excellent grip, easy to grind, easy to open... in short, a BCG!

ah and with regard to the question of the substance which has changed form... my preference is clearly for this version.

It was expensive but... I now have my Grinder until the end of my days!

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Mine showed up today, GOod Lord it’s immaculate, shining in the sunlight!
it’s a lot more polished than the OldMate stainless I have.

but unfortunately no maintenance kit included, that I remember was offered for us regular finish folks who had a delay?
I guess it was only the January batch that got them?

Anyways I don’t even want to use this baby, it’s too pretty when new lol.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I also did not get a maintenance kit, was I supposed to? What was included with it?

It is a sweet grinder, but going to give it a few weeks and a lot of material... first impression is nice, but at this point not sure I appreciate it anymore than the OG BCG. Will see how it wears over time.

I only got one plate with the SS variant, but pleased to see all the old plates are interchangeable.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
From the Original email about the Delay
“If you pre-ordered the polished version and are willing to wait a little longer, we'll include a small polishing kit with your order. The polishing kit will consist of small microfiber cloths with a small portion of a non toxic, non abrasive polishing compound. With the kit, you'll be able to restore the mirror finish from light scratches or scuffs.”

Ah it looks like it for orders before Nov.12/22 and mine was on 15th. But I still got sent the email. Kinda wack since it still took over 3 months and the preorder only launched less than a month before. So the cutoff seems quick.
whatever don’t really care enough at this point

I received mine too!

I had gotten several months, maybe a year ago, a BCG OG. I had used the wrong terms when saying here that my first impression is that it was cheap compared to my stainless steel herb ripper. The review didn't go down very well!!

The SS version isn't cheap anymore... it's not a tool like my other SS grinder... it's a gem!!

So I have the polished version with a medium plate.
I don't find that fingerprints remain particularly... however I already have a nice scratch on the most exposed side of the upper plate... I dared put it upside down in my sink!
The upside is that now that it's scratched, I'm going to be less careful. on the other hand I wonder if I will be able to erase the scratches if I wait several months...?

I wish the company had provided a polishing kit...included or optional.

I'm going to look for the right products... any advice?

Beyond the aesthetic aspect, I love the grind... I don't have a top quality weed right now but it's already extremely satisfying.

And my hands thank me... Excellent grip, easy to grind, easy to open... in short, a BCG!

ah and with regard to the question of the substance which has changed form... my preference is clearly for this version.

It was expensive but... I now have my Grinder until the end of my days!
I made an account here specifically to answer your question as I'm sure it'll also help others on this forum.

I don't have a BCG (I'm ordering mine once my lockout from my account expires). I do, however, have a lot of experience polishing things and metals in general. Any polish this company would send you (if they offered it) probably wouldn't hold a candle to Flitz polish. I've used just about every polish in existence and it works the best from what I've seen. You can get it from Amazon. Get the 3 pack it will last you literally forever. It's 100x better than Mother's mag and aluminum polish you'd find at Walmart. I don't know what your blemish looks like or how deep your scratches are, but I would be willing to bet that they aren't deep. If they aren't deep you can use a terry cloth towel or rag and Flitz to buff the scratches off by hand then do a final wiping with a microfiber. It will take some elbow grease, but it works. If the scratches are a little deeper you can use a dremel with a white circular disk buffing wheel, buff it out with Flitz, then wipe with a microfiber cloth to finish. Don't push too hard or you'll create burn marks from the dremel or small scratches from applying pressure. These burn marks WILL go away with more polishing, but you can avoid it by taking your time and not over applying pressure.

If your scratches are even deeper than that.. it's still no problem. You can do a wet sanding with 1000 grit sandpaper w/ water or some type of gun oil. Then finish with Flitz + a microfiber. Either way, this stainless steel product will outlast you if you take care of it. Just make sure to wash the HELL out of the grinder before you start shredding herbs again. Polishing compounds are toxic, remember that. I would recommend rinsing the grinder off with soap and water once you're done (I would also probably remove that plastic disk that goes between the grind plate as water will trap there and could cause rusting or wet herb. Once you've washed it off rinse with 91% isopropyl so everything evaporates off and is clean.

Then put the plastic ring back on and you're set. Either way, polish is going to be your best friend to keep your polished BCG looking nice. You'd also be very surprised as to how many uses you'll find for Flitz. I've cleaned everything from doorknobs to headlights with mine.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Dude, thank you @iranoutofideassadly for the thorough and thoughtful explanation and caring enough to make a freaking account to share your knowledge! I’m certain that this information will save many of us who opted for the polished BCG from being overly cautious to the point of paranoia and freaking out over hairline scratches. You’re a fucking rockstar and perhaps the first member to drop such a kickass knowledge bomb on their very first post; I think you might actually be. Seriously, I’m coming up on six years around here next month and can honestly say that I have never EVER posted anything this helpful and informative. Not even close.

So thank you very much for that depressing realisation as I try to go to sleep.

Also, this Flitz stuff you’re hawking seems like a problem solver for a lot of surfaces and materials- like how did I reach this advanced age without having heard about this miraculous Flitz Polish?! So many lost opportunities and applications, a lifetime of scuffs and scratches that have gone unpolished and un-buffed, it’s a bloody Shakespearean tragedy! Oh well, it’s in my cart now and my sons will think I’m so clever when I casually tell them about it someday.

SquirrelMaster

I made an account here specifically to answer your question as I'm sure it'll also help others on this forum.

I don't have a BCG (I'm ordering mine once my lockout from my account expires). I do, however, have a lot of experience polishing things and metals in general. Any polish this company would send you (if they offered it) probably wouldn't hold a candle to Flitz polish. I've used just about every polish in existence and it works the best from what I've seen. You can get it from Amazon. Get the 3 pack it will last you literally forever. It's 100x better than Mother's mag and aluminum polish you'd find at Walmart. I don't know what your blemish looks like or how deep your scratches are, but I would be willing to bet that they aren't deep. If they aren't deep you can use a terry cloth towel or rag and Flitz to buff the scratches off by hand then do a final wiping with a microfiber. It will take some elbow grease, but it works. If the scratches are a little deeper you can use a dremel with a white circular disk buffing wheel, buff it out with Flitz, then wipe with a microfiber cloth to finish. Don't push too hard or you'll create burn marks from the dremel or small scratches from applying pressure. These burn marks WILL go away with more polishing, but you can avoid it by taking your time and not over applying pressure.

If your scratches are even deeper than that.. it's still no problem. You can do a wet sanding with 1000 grit sandpaper w/ water or some type of gun oil. Then finish with Flitz + a microfiber. Either way, this stainless steel product will outlast you if you take care of it. Just make sure to wash the HELL out of the grinder before you start shredding herbs again. Polishing compounds are toxic, remember that. I would recommend rinsing the grinder off with soap and water once you're done (I would also probably remove that plastic disk that goes between the grind plate as water will trap there and could cause rusting or wet herb. Once you've washed it off rinse with 91% isopropyl so everything evaporates off and is clean.

Then put the plastic ring back on and you're set. Either way, polish is going to be your best friend to keep your polished BCG looking nice. You'd also be very surprised as to how many uses you'll find for Flitz. I've cleaned everything from doorknobs to headlights with mine.

Is this the one you use? The description says it's non-toxic, although I'd still be washing and blow drying if I used it. This looks like a must have product for my OCD brain lol.

The mirror finish on the ss GFL is insane. What a beautiful grinder.

fangorn

Well I don't know what to say except THANK YOU!!
thank you very much for taking the time to create an account and write this message!!!

I had put that aside, but I will be placing my order soon!

for me it's a very shallow scratch, but it's good to have several techniques!

Dude, thank you @iranoutofideassadly for the thorough and thoughtful explanation and caring enough to make a freaking account to share your knowledge! I’m certain that this information will save many of us who opted for the polished BCG from being overly cautious to the point of paranoia and freaking out over hairline scratches. You’re a fucking rockstar and perhaps the first member to drop such a kickass knowledge bomb on their very first post; I think you might actually be. Seriously, I’m coming up on six years around here next month and can honestly say that I have never EVER posted anything this helpful and informative. Not even close.

So thank you very much for that depressing realisation as I try to go to sleep.

Also, this Flitz stuff you’re hawking seems like a problem solver for a lot of surfaces and materials- like how did I reach this advanced age without having heard about this miraculous Flitz Polish?! So many lost opportunities and applications, a lifetime of scuffs and scratches that have gone unpolished and un-buffed, it’s a bloody Shakespearean tragedy! Oh well, it’s in my cart now and my sons will think I’m so clever when I casually tell them about it someday.
Thank you for your thoughtful message! The internet can be a very toxic place as far as I'm concerned. I try to help out when I can so I'm not a part of that problem. I know what it's like wanting to keep things looking nice. I have a good case of OCD myself. :lol: And yeah you'll be using Flitz on everything trust me.

Is this the one you use? The description says it's non-toxic, although I'd still be washing and blow drying if I used it. This looks like a must have product for my OCD brain lol.

The mirror finish on the ss GFL is insane. What a beautiful grinder.
It looks like the same labeling as the stuff I use - however, I have only had the one in the TUBE not the plastic bottle. I'm not sure if they're the same consistency or not. The stuff in the tube is really thick, blue in color, and has little bits of abrasives in it to polish your piece with. It looks like this https://www.amazon.ca/Flitz-BP-03511-Fiberglass-1-76-Ounce/dp/B00MUG95UI/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2AHVC63Z5PLXQ&keywords=flitz&qid=1679168933&sprefix=flitz,aps,110&sr=8-7 --- The stuff you linked shows that technically you're getting more for less but I do feel like that container (which looks like the same sort of tube you'd get Meguiar's car wax in) COULD be a more liquid-esque consistency and might not be as easy to use as the stuff in the tube. No need to blow dry. Trust me when I tell you follow this process:

A. Remove plastic ring between grinder top plate and bottom plate.
B. Clean the grinder out with soap and water with a toothbrush to get all the herb and trichs out.
C. Apply a small dab of flitz to the scratched area. You don't need much trust me. Maybe half the size of a dime or less.
D. Either with a dremel and white cotton buffing wheel or a terry cloth towel (something with a lot of cotton) buff away the scratch. When the scratch is gone use a microfiber to finish to help remove fingerprints and such. Using an LED light (not sunlight as you don't want to go blind lol) and holding the piece at different angles will make it easy to see where your scratches are.
E. Once that's all done wash the entire thing with blue Dawn dish soap. You want something that's essentially going to de-grease the piece. Wipe out all the water with a clean towel.
F. Spray 91% isopropyl alcohol all over the piece and wipe it down with a paper towel. Let all the iso evaporate off. This is why you want to use 91%. It cuts through grime and evaporates fast. Just make sure it's all evaporated off before you use it.
Too much work, get a case tumbler and walnut shells, buy once cry once but auto shine...the way the US$400 Lift is polished,
Case tumblers w/ walnut chips are good, but they're much better for things like cleaning many parts at once such as gun shell casings for doing your own reloads. I own one. It will never replace a good metal polish/dremel/bench buffing wheel/microfibers in my opinion. Opinions vary.
Well I don't know what to say except THANK YOU!!
thank you very much for taking the time to create an account and write this message!!!

I had put that aside, but I will be placing my order soon!

for me it's a very shallow scratch, but it's good to have several techniques!
You're welcome. Report back and let me know how it goes for you.
I haven’t picked up my other new stainless grinder since the BCG came
no Issues with my polished so far, loving the shiiiine still
I'm sure the shine is great and will remain so for a while. It will, however, get scratches over time. That's the nature of the beast when you're dealing with high polished pieces. How much these things bother you personally is, well, personal. Keep this post in mind for the future.

Last edited:
By the way I just double checked and I was correct. The stuff in the bottle is a much more liquidy consistency than the stuff in the tube. Get the tube. Much less diluted. My suspicion is that the stuff in the jug is for people who want to use it for car paint and don't want a product that cuts as aggressively as the tube does.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
So did you stainless guys get notification when it was shipped or did it just show up delivered? I ordered the 28th of November so I expect I’m getting close but thought I’d ask you guys about your experience. Thanks!

pxl_jockey,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

jbm

So did you stainless guys get notification when it was shipped or did it just show up delivered? I ordered the 28th of November so I expect I’m getting close but thought I’d ask you guys about your experience. Thanks!
I ordered 11/23, just got shipping notification last week. Edit: out for delivery.

Edit: it arrived. I’d be lying if I didn’t say that my first thought wasn’t “why doesn’t this spin?”

Last edited:

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Side by side and I find myself grabbing my OG.
Huh. Is it the weight? The fingerprints? Is the grind different in some way?

I feel like there’s an OMD in my future but every time I use my alu BCG, it just grinds so nice. Think the weight is great— substantial but not heavy.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
No sir @LesPlenty I believe the SS version has no diamond bulge, just a flat ass. And whilst I too enjoy feeling the bulge in my palm, I get why GFL made that decision. Stainless has got to be more difficult to machine than aluminium and it obviously takes time to polish just the top surface. Can you imagine the timeframe if they had decided to polish both sides?! Lol, I’m not sure I have that much time left!

EDIT: so after wondering and finally asking here, tonight I just got an email from GFL saying my order is complete. Weird paranormal FC activity going on for sure! After seeing so many lovely photos here and ig, I’m pretty stoked to behold one irl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom