Brilliant Cut Grinder

LesPlenty

Company Rep
No sir @LesPlenty I believe the SS version has no diamond bulge
I believe none of the GFL grinders have the 'junk in the trunk' anymore and I also believe the whole S/S grinder is polished, in, out, top, and bottom as they are likely polished in a case tumbler.
Just a cost-cutting exercise to have a flat bottom and a big step backward IMO.

condition

Ordered a large, fine grind, factory second with 3 different colors, gold-silver-amber, looking better in my hands than online. I would never order these colors' combo, but I didn't care so much. Cost was $80 and another 60 for Xpresspost International to EU (GR). I was skeptical between BCG and the new popular from Australia, but I got this as I always wanted magnets 😁. I wanted the large size and from the very limited staff I read about the Aussie grinder initial orders had some problems with the 🧲 and I didn't feel waiting for the large SS version of BCG . I own and use a large aluminum space case grinder, more than 10 years (not exclusively) and all the wear is at the threads, where the coating disappeared years ago.

Delivery took only 10 days, it was strange that everything went so fast and paid less than $20 for customs, despite seller has attached the $140 receipt to the one side of the small box.

I prefer fine grind and all I can say is the so far it is worth of the hype, despite end up paying double the price with the shipping and import charges. Good choice.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Sorry if this has been covered--I generally try to keep up with this thread, but maybe I missed it. Did anyone end up getting the matte finish? There were questions around whether it would stay clean as well as the polished version when it was first announced or be as simple to clean. With my al I just brush it out and that has been more than enough. Just wondering if anyone is able to speak to those comparing the matte to the polished or even just to the Al models.

GratefulDread

I've been trying to decide between the BCG and the OMD Aroma-3 for months now and I just came to a decision... I'm buying both. :razz:
Anyways... I'm going for the medium plate, but am wondering if I should throw a coarse plate in the basket too.
For those that have a coarse plate, what vapes do you end up using it for?

gordontreeman

I've been trying to decide between the BCG and the OMD Aroma-3 for months now and I just came to a decision... I'm buying both. :razz:
Anyways... I'm going for the medium plate, but am wondering if I should throw a coarse plate in the basket too.
For those that have a coarse plate, what vapes do you end up using it for?
I have all three. Honestly I use the fine 90+% of the time even with full convection vapes, but I think it’s all personal preference.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I have all three. Honestly I use the fine 90+% of the time even with full convection vapes, but I think it’s all personal preference.

Definitely some personal preference. As, though I've had all three since I received mine a couple years ago, I pretty much only use the medium for everything. I rarely use the fine, and I've never found a use for the course. The course is more the grind I'd want if I was smoking it.

I figured I would just do the upside down trick if I wanted a finer grind but now you have me considering buying the full set.

As far as I'm concerned, if I have to grind upside down, then I either have the wrong grind-plate, or the wrong grinder.
I hate grinding upside down because it dirties the grinder up like 10x faster.

gordontreeman

I figured I would just do the upside down trick if I wanted a finer grind but now you have me considering buying the full set.
Couldn’t tell you if it’s accurate or not, but I think of it like coffee/espresso: a finer grind will in theory let you extract more of the good stuff assuming you don’t tamp do much that air can’t flow around all of the particles. I usually straw suck with my convection vapes and do the lightest of tamps just to keep everything in place, and still end up with a very even looking avb. I’m sure grinding upside down would also work, I just wanted a consistent particle size.

GratefulDread

Good points. Knowing me.. I would probably settle on the plate I like the most and use it for everything, so ideally I just pick the right one and I think it's probably medium.

GratefulDread,
Reactions: LesPlenty

gordontreeman

Good points. Knowing me.. I would probably settle on the plate I like the most and use it for everything, so ideally I just pick the right one and I think it's probably medium.
Yeah, I am the same way re: mostly using the one I like. I just figured the only way I’d really know which I most prefer would be to try all 3, but I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them, although I’d also probably not recommend coarse for vaping. Some people dig it though, so ymmv.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
I primarily use the coarse plate with my TM2. Every once in a while I'll pull the medium back out, but mostly it stays in storage.

If unsure which single plate to get with your BCG, I think most would suggest the medium as the safest bet.

onesixty2

Considering there are still fully paid preorders not yet shipped.. feels pretty shitty to see a 15% off deal. I already have been emailing them about the delay in shipping, so now I’m just asking for a refund or the discount amount refunded because this just does not sit right with me.

E: upfront is one thing, but having your public store page claiming shipped in 5-6 weeks while several of us sit on 10+ is, not upfront. Since I emailed them, they updated the eta to 6-8 weeks shipped. Which is still inaccurate, so yeah it’s kinda not appreciated. also lead time != 'shipped from date of purchase'

Last edited:
onesixty2,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
GFL is as up front as they come; they are made to order with a 5 week lead time. No one is jumping you in line, if you put in an order 4 weeks ago you are 4 weeks ahead of someone ordering today. I hope that you have offered to go to the end of the line with your discount demand?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
With my al I just brush it out and that has been more than enough.
My large BCG gets a sticky coating in the catch area after a short amount of time even though I brush it out when emptied...exactly the same with my 316S/S grinder.:2c:
I still prefer the open fill with no post in the grinding area as you do not have to break up buds to fit in it like some, I just wish the Large BCG was actually a bit larger...88mm (3.5") was perfect for me but the large is not far behind,
1634908314793-jpg.44137

RitualBasedExtraction

Happiness is of mind, not circumstance.
As far as I'm concerned, if I have to grind upside down, then I either have the wrong grind-plate, or the wrong grinder.
I hate grinding upside down because it dirties the grinder up like 10x faster.
Considering how resilient the BCG is against gunking up I dont think it matters that much, unless of course you're doing it for every grind in which case you should just get the fine plate. i.e. imo if you have a bunch of conduction vapes in your daily lineup, maybe consider getting a fine plate, otherwise save yourself some money, turn the thing upside down, and put it through the heavy use it's built to take.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Considering how resilient the BCG is against gunking up I dont think it matters that much, unless of course you're doing it for every grind in which case you should just get the fine plate. i.e. imo if you have a bunch of conduction vapes in your daily lineup, maybe consider getting a fine plate, otherwise save yourself some money, turn the thing upside down, and put it through the heavy use it's built to take.

Oh, I'll be the fist person to brag about how well this grinder holds up against being dirty, as I was one of the beta testers here. I had the beta version, and have had the retail version since they started shipping. I have a dozen other grinders, and have had many more over the years, and this is still my favorite daily use grinder.

It resists getting dirty enough to require cleaning longer than any other grinder I've had.

But my opinion on grinding upside down was my opinion before I acquired this grinder, and hasn't changed since. Also, the faster my grinder dirties, the more of the trichomes are getting lost on the surfaces of my grinder rather than making it into their happy warm home in my lungs and eventualy to the happy river of my bloodstream...and we can't have that. We have to think of the poor lost little homeless trichomes!?!!!

RitualBasedExtraction

Happiness is of mind, not circumstance.
Also, the faster my grinder dirties, the more of the trichomes are getting lost on the surfaces of my grinder rather than making it into their happy warm home in my lungs and eventualy to the happy river of my bloodstream...and we can't have that. We have to think of the poor lost little homeless trichomes!?!!!
You raise a good point, if the friction hash isn't harvested all those trichs will be wasted away.

RitualBasedExtraction,
Top Bottom