Brilliant Cut Grinder

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How long do the factory second orders typically take to process and ship out?? Has anyone in the US who placed an order for a factory second set around Xmas gotten their BCG set yet?

A few people have said they've gotten their factory second BCG within 2 weeks after ordering. My order was placed a week and a half ago and it still hasn't been processed yet. I figured Xmas and New Years would set my order back a few days to be processed but it's looking like it might take over 2 weeks for it to even be processed.

If you were talking with them about getting anything customized, like specific color requests, they may have placed your order on a hold, but also it could just be holidays, hopefully should ship this week?

Sean-C

If you were talking with them about getting anything customized, like specific color requests, they may have placed your order on a hold, but also it could just be holidays, hopefully should ship this week?
I just ordered a factory second BCG set and the kind lady from GFL put in a note in my order, asking to swap the Sapphire Fine plate to an Onyx Fine plate if they had any left in the factory seconds. She said they'd try to ship out my order in the next few days but that was a week ago lol.

I hope it doesn't hold up the order the same amount of time a regular custom order would... If that's the case then I'll end up feeling like I should have just bit the bullet and went with a custom color Large BCG and dealt with the little bit longer of a wait time lol 😅

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I just ordered a factory second BCG set and the kind lady from GFL put in a note in my order, asking to swap the Sapphire Fine plate to an Onyx Fine plate if they had any left in the factory seconds. She said they'd try to ship out my order in the next few days but that was a week ago lol.

I hope it doesn't hold up the order the same amount of time a regular custom order would... If that's the case then I'll end up feeling like I should have just bit the bullet and went with a custom color Large BCG and dealt with the little bit longer of a wait time lol 😅

Yeah if you're really anxious about it I would follow up this week then, its possible your order got put on hold so they could fulfill your request! Precisely why I mentioned it ;)

webtroter

How long do the factory second orders typically take to process and ship out?? Has anyone in the US who placed an order for a factory second set around Xmas gotten their BCG set yet?

A few people have said they've gotten their factory second BCG within 2 weeks after ordering. My order was placed a week and a half ago and it still hasn't been processed yet. I figured Xmas and New Years would set my order back a few days to be processed but it's looking like it might take over 2 weeks for it to even be processed.
I placed my order on the 17th, and they shipped it out the 31st. It was shipped thru Canada Post since I'm also in Canada. I expect to receive it before next monday

webtroter,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Factory Second - Large Brilliant Cut Grinder with Medium Plate - Hematite/Onyx/Off-Silver

Received! Ordered Dec 18th.

It's got a great weight, color, and feel, and made easy work of the flower you see there (Grapes n' Cream 50/50 hybrid).

Though I am 25% French, I did not intend to have a French > Canadian > USA set up for my vapes. But here you have it. My Solo stem is a French model, and so is my FTV induction heater. My BCG grinder and the Solo itself are Canadian. My DDave waterwand, DDave Da Rippah bong, DynaCoil, and DynaVap VapCap, are US designs. Et voila

greenmachinexlt

NoFuxLeft
So it took me 4 days to get it done, but I finally was able to pay for my factory second grinder today. I started trying to buy a grinder last Friday. I kept getting an error popup stating that something went wrong and the transaction was declined by the risk management department. Would never tell me just what went "wrong" tho. I tried different credit cards, created 3 separate accounts and tried all of this over 4 days. Today, after getting the error yet again, I created my 3rd newly created account and new email and tried to buy a grinder and I was finally able to pay for the damn thing. Of course the color set I wanted was purchased yesterday and I missed out on the holiday 10% off coupon thanks to the angry hateful payment processor Grinders for Life uses, but I finally won, I guess. lol

Anyone else run into this issue and know what causes it? I am in the US if that matters.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Anyone else run into this issue and know what causes it? I am in the US if that matters.
They are pretty responsive via email. If it happens again I would reach out. Also you could ask about the discount. Doesn't hurt anyway.

I used to work adjacent to fraud prevention. All kind of things make orders high risk. Florida shipping address is an elevated risk due to the number of CC fraud remailing in the state.

Sean-C

So it took me 4 days to get it done, but I finally was able to pay for my factory second grinder today. I started trying to buy a grinder last Friday. I kept getting an error popup stating that something went wrong and the transaction was declined by the risk management department. Would never tell me just what went "wrong" tho. I tried different credit cards, created 3 separate accounts and tried all of this over 4 days. Today, after getting the error yet again, I created my 3rd newly created account and new email and tried to buy a grinder and I was finally able to pay for the damn thing. Of course the color set I wanted was purchased yesterday and I missed out on the holiday 10% off coupon thanks to the angry hateful payment processor Grinders for Life uses, but I finally won, I guess. lol

I also dealt with the "Risk Management System Block" lol. It's a total pain in the ass, so I feel your pain!

The kind lady from GFL said that it was caused by me trying to place orders multiple times in a short time period. My block on my account lasted a few days. I didn't think to make another account but that's a great idea and I'm glad that worked for you!!

greenmachinexlt

NoFuxLeft
Thanks for the replies. Yeah they are very responsive to emails. I did reach out after it happened twice in a row, but that was after hours Friday night, so I did not expect any help till today at best. I did get a reply this morning to my Friday email from someone named Kathleen. Super nice. She said she would look into the issue with their payment processing company to see if they could figure it out. She did give me a 10% off code to make up for missing the sale over the weekend which was super cool of them, but it was coded for my original account and that failed to process again tonight so I made the 3rd account while troubleshooting tonight which worked, but the code did not. C'est la vie.

greenmachinexlt

NoFuxLeft
I've seen others asking about the time it takes for a factory second to ship out. I spoke with Kathleen @ GFL today . This is what she told me about that: "The factory second grinders are on hand and will ship out fairly quickly. The 5 week lead time applies to our regular products."

Also, I had missed out on the 10% coupon over the weekend due to the block on my account. Kathleen created a code just for me, but my account still would not work and payment would not process still. I created a new account and finally was able to buy a grinder, but the code would not work for my new account. I mentioned it to her and she is going to refund me the 10%! Now that is good service. And she is right on the ball with returning emails.

Still trying to get someone from EpicVape for 3 weeks to even return an email from me about an item they left out of my last shipment, so I was super glad to know that GFL has such amazing support after having been frustrated trying to deal with Epic.

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
I think the large is superior to the standard size. The overall capacity, the loading zones, how it fits in my hand, and the size of the bottom tray, are all more along the lines of what I was looking for.

They're both great but if I had known, I would have bought 2 large probably.

Really enjoying the new grinder though. Works a treat, makes grinding a pleasure. 😋

I think the large is superior to the standard size. The overall capacity, the loading zones, how it fits in my hand, and the size of the bottom tray, are all more along the lines of what I was looking for.

They're both great but if I had known, I would have bought 2 large probably.

Really enjoying the new grinder though. Works a treat, makes grinding a pleasure. 😋
thinking the same thing, my factory seconds large in Rose Gold (medium plate, extra plate is Ruby fine) and I think I like it more than my Onyx regular, but that's okay I can use it for on the go! these brilliant cut grinders are the epitome of build quality, really excited to watch this company grow

edit; was trying to say i just recieved the large today as well, but left it out lol

Last edited:

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
purple.jpg

don't know if you like purple

Top Bottom