• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Brilliant Cut Grinder

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My resolve is weakening, but I cant decide between two colors.. Does anyone have pics of all Hematite or all Aquamarine? I'm not sure I care for the mix-n-match look for myself.

Thanks

Hey dude, glad to see you here, search at the top for "Aquamarine" but also try searching for "Sky Blue" which is what it used to be called... Similarly search for hematite as well, then you can click on posts for people who have them, hopefully many of them posted photos... Otherwise the best way to see real life photos of all the colors is actually the grinders for life Instagram page, they post a lot of great photos, better than most I've seen in this thread, and that is what I use to help me decide... Because I had the exact same problem, deciding between these two colors for my first one, and I ultimately went with the aquamarine and was very satisfied (I also prefer the solid one color look, I got a second one with a different plate in a light amethyst color, but then I got my large BCG in hematite finally, and I actually went for the Amber middle plate, the contrasting colors do look good) but yeah I definitely still like the aquamarine better and now I want sapphire and the regular amethyst so I'll probably be getting another, coarse plated one, before long lol

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@Hemper if you hold out to black Friday there should be at least a 10% discount. consider getting a fine and course plate, the medium can be forgotten
So you have the medium plate and don't use it? That's strange: my small BCG is the only grinder I've used in over two years and I only have the medium plate. It works great for the Splinter Zs, Tinymight, Firewood7, og Brick and Vapbong. That said I've never tried the coarse or fine plates. Which do you use for which vapes?

If we get a discount code this month I'm planning to buy the large BCG but was likely just gonna go medium again. Historically I won't use more than one plate so I'd only be comfortable paying for two if the plan was to sell the one I liked less (which might be dicey since I was thinking rose gold).

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
So you have the medium plate and don't use it?
yes that's right, I'm not particularly fond of it. seems more like a mix if grinds, then a true medium grind?
Which do you use for which vapes?
If I start my day with nothing ready to vape I’ll grind course and load my bowle, which is my usual morning vape, it usually gets course grind and I pack the loading pot full. As the day wears on I switch to my tinymight, if I’m useing the stock stem with a large bowl size I keep the course, however most of my tm use is with the wpa and only filling the basket so I throw the course grind in the fine plate and regrind and I never grind upside down with the fine plate. My bedtime flowerpot use is pretty much exclusively fine grind for quick heavy extraction. It also depends on my mood if I want better flavour and slower extraction I go course, if I want a quicker session with the fullest bowl I go fine which packs a little more. seldom do I keep course grind all day, most of the time I regrind after the morning.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Hemper if you hold out to black Friday there should be at least a 10% discount. consider getting a fine and course plate, the medium can be forgotten

I disagree, I mean I have yet to try the coarse plate, but the medium plate is pretty fucking versatile and covers you well as just one plate... If I grind as I normally would, it comes out pretty coarse to me, and to get it finer, just need to grind upside down (which I also need to do with my fine plate if I want a truly fine grind) as much as I want for how fine and consistent I want the grind to be!

So you have the medium plate and don't use it? That's strange: my small BCG is the only grinder I've used in over two years and I only have the medium plate. It works great for the Splinter Zs, Tinymight, Firewood7, og Brick and Vapbong. That said I've never tried the coarse or fine plates. Which do you use for which vapes?

If we get a discount code this month I'm planning to buy the large BCG but was likely just gonna go medium again. Historically I won't use more than one plate so I'd only be comfortable paying for two if the plan was to sell the one I liked less (which might be dicey since I was thinking rose gold).

So I got started with regular size BCG with fine plate, then I got regular size with medium plate, followed by the large with medium plate as well... When it arrived I was actually wishing I had gotten the full set, or at least just coarse plate maybe, but that was also bc I really wanted her to sapphire color more than amber once I had it in my hands lol Anyway so now I am actually gearing up to get another regular with the coarse plate soon enough... I actually do prefer the regular size to the large when all is said and done, so ultimately satisfied with my choices! I really like having entire grinders instead of swapping plates...

I got the fucking monkey off my back and ordered a medium Hematite :clap:

Yeah man!! Now put it out of your mind so you can just be surprised in like two months with the best of the best grinder (imo)

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
don't get me wrong I'm not saying the medium is bad, still vapes fine but I much prefer the fine and course, everyone has their favourites and those two are mine. to be fair I haven't used the medium much and haven't experimented grinding upside down, or loading anywhere but the central ring, there is still more I can try but the fine and course give me all I want and vape differently enough from each other that I enjoy the variety. the medium plate isn't much different then my old 15 year old grinder, little faster grinding and bit fluffier. I'll get back to the medium eventually ............ or maybe buy a new top and bottom and gift it to my cousin

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Team medium plate here too – when I received my BCG, I planned to eventually at least buy the fine plate, until then I preferred a pretty fine grind (via a two piece Gleichdick grinder). I might still do that some day, but honestly: the medium does a very good job and having a fine plate became less and less urgent for me. Grind consistency is actually pretty even for me too, however, there are several parameters next to the quality of a grinder that dictate the results like humidity%, strain, how the buds were cut etc., so I sometimes might see various levels of evenness or the grind just being different overall. In the long run (and with the way I store my flower) the medium plate works just perfect for my needs; fluffy, even, no dust, no chunks. And I love how it makes the herb appear to be kinda electrostatic right after the grind. :-)

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I’ve been using a medium plate since I got my BCG a couple of years ago. And it’s worked well for everything.

But I’m vaporizing almost exclusively with convection these days; TM, Elev8r, and various stems with my Woodscents. So I ordered a coarse plate and get it next week. I’m stoked to get it. I think it’s will improve the experience. I’ll report back next week.

Top Bottom