Brilliant Cut Grinder

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
While I can certainly see the temptation to squash a fat bud in and go for it and hope it doesn't seize up, but I understand it doing so. I imagine it is probably all round better to load it in bits. Personally, I would prefer that bits of stalk are not forming part of my grind so I'd usually never normally grind whole buds.

@NJlegal I am sure you'll be glad of it's functioning very soon. Mine's on order, but still some waiting time to go!

Yeah a big stem could certainly get it stuck, but again once you can get that first turn, it should go on turning smoothly from there!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Personally, I would prefer that bits of stalk are not forming part of my grind so I'd usually never normally grind whole buds

To be honest, unlike smoking, the stems vape just as good as the flower.

I have no interest in smoking stems. However, when vaping dry herb, stems and all go into the mix and I see no downside to that.

Don't get me wrong, the flower I get these days has very little stem in it.
It's not like the stemmy/seedy pressed Mexican brickweed that I used to get for $50/oz 20 years ago. lol

These days, even the tiny bit of stem that may exist in the bud has plenty of trichomes on it, making it perfectly good to leave in the grind.

Slartibarfast

Yeah a big stem could certainly get it stuck, but again once you can get that first turn, it should go on turning smoothly from there!
I can see that on clips on the BCG, once the turn is underway it goes thru the bud like butter.
There will no doubt be cannabinoid benefits from the stems too, so great if grinding all for infusions or whatever. But like @Ramahs I'd definitely prefer the stalks out of it when smoking, and I've been happy to forgo them in vaping too, altho that has been also best for getting a grind out of my shitty grinder, so when the BCG arrives quite possibly 'quality stems' could be included! :whip:

Ramahs

I can honestly say that I've tried it just for the hell of it. For science, ya know? :razz:

And I have gotten plenty high off of a bowl of high quality stems in some of my convection vapes.

So, I just leave the small stems in the mix these days.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@NJlegal

I use a lot of moist buds in my BCG, regular size and it is tough to turn sometimes and it does get jammed a bit but with a bit of force it frees up and grinds. Do not expect to get great results though as these types of buds tend to stick and gum up the grinder really quickly. Consistency is also thrown out the window as I find balls of hard bud in the mix as well.
You will also have to clean your grinder more often and the glands stick to the surface of the grinder.

I would recommend that you leave some of the herb you want to use out for a few hours on a router or some slightly warm spot to dry them out a bit. You will lose less good stuff to your grinder this way!

I have the BCG, The Herb Mill and thr latest United Machining stainless stell grinder that I use all the time.

The BCG is my GO TO grinder for moist herb 💯 percent of the time as the other 2 will not work at all with moist bud.

My technique is to break the bud into small bits that fit between the teeth, do not overload, and then start to grind. With a bit of practise you should be ripping through your herb in no time!

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I've found it much easier if I start turning while I'm bringing the pieces together rather than jamming them together and then trying to start.

I remove the larger stems but I've had bits of reedy, shredded stems get left in the top plate after grinding.

And dry flower definitely grinds easier than moist but the BCG can handle either with no problem.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I've found it much easier if I start turning while I'm bringing the pieces together rather than jamming them together and then trying to start.

I remove the larger stems but I've had bits of reedy, shredded stems get left in the top plate after grinding.

And dry flower definitely grinds easier than moist but the BCG can handle either with no problem.

I agree, it seems to bust down those dense herbs just enough before the plates are fully in contact it makes it much easier to get started

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
OH the old days when you had no grinder was needed because you had to break up the "buds" to get all the seeds out.
How many of you used a record album cover to scoop the weed up on and let the seeds roll down.:wave:

Yeah, sold all my RECORDS, so no more album covers...

I tend to go a bit OCD on preparing my flower for grinder. As I’m most likely allergic to the plant and cough with any strain, on any device, etc. I don’t like any stems in my vape, and I get a little crazy getting rid of most anything that’s not green. When I’m done prepping before grinding, some of you would probably call the pieces a ‘large grind”.

Sure, I’m handling the flower more, maybe I lose some trichomes, but that’s how I roll.... I mean grind!

Ramahs

Unfortunately, I've never owned a record player, or a record.

I used anything light and paper/cardboard like. I remember the technique where we would break up the buds, mostly, removing the stems along the way. Then you would lift one side of it just a little, and tap on it near the side closer to the table...and the seeds would roll out and off to the side as you were tapping.

Back in the days.

I don't miss it at all though. Everything in the world of cannabis is better now than it was then.

Last edited:

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
funny thing I remember talking about “stems”
when I was a young teen smoking the reefer madness everybody use to say that smoking the stems will make you go blind, lol.
not sure which one of my group made that one up but we use to believe that for years.

I like to grind up about a gram at a time, then just keep it in the BCG in my drawer.
I always just do that, store in the grinder, never really gets too dry but I vape throughout the day.

Vapouristo

Vapouristo Extraordinaire IG: @Vapouristo
Company Rep
I had been thinking that too, but I don't like any color as much as Hematite and Sky Blue, and hard to say which would look best with those two too... SB top with H bottom then for the middle I'm not sure if Silver or Onyx or Sapphire would work best, but they just don't get me as excited as the other two colors... Since that's what grinders are for, right? lol
Seems like every batch could be different? More reason to just grab one in another color later on I suppose
I agree, bright colours look cheaper and tackier. Keep in mind this is MY PERSONAL TASTE lol; certain combinations are pretty, I just prefer neutral colours cause they look more sleek/professional and appear more robust (probably psychological :wave:). That's why I ordered a hematite top, onyx fine-plate, hematite base. I intend to get a stainless-colour medium grind plate eventually (I might just try to add it to my order right now because I placed it 10 days ago) since I intend to join the dynafam this summer.

personally don’t like the look of the sandwich versions
Well when you put it like that (i.e. Sandwhich) it sounds a little unappealing:|:rofl:

I use a lot of moist buds in my BCG, regular size and it is tough to turn sometimes and it does get jammed a bit but with a bit of force it frees up and grinds. Do not expect to get great results though as these types of buds tend to stick and gum up the grinder really quickly.

The BCG is my GO TO grinder for moist herb 💯 percent of the time as the other 2 will not work at all with moist bud.
What is your go to plate? I ordered the fine, but I'm trying to figure out if I should waIt for the medium plate since I already have half-decent medium and medium-fine grinders. Not as luxurious as BCG, nor as advanced, but they've gotten the job done and continue to do so in the meanwhile.

webtroter

I agree, bright colours look cheaper and tackier. Keep in mind this is MY PERSONAL TASTE lol; certain combinations are pretty, I just prefer neutral colours cause they look more sleek/professional and appear more robust (probably psychological :wave:). That's why I ordered a hematite top, onyx fine-plate, hematite base.
I thought the same. I like neutral colors.

BUT.

Like I wrote before, I definitely should have bought a more colorful middle plate. I have Onyx full kit + hematite coarse plate + amber medium plate.

Maybe I would have prefered the hematite top and bottom.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I thought the same. I like neutral colors.

BUT.

Like I wrote before, I definitely should have bought a more colorful middle plate. I have Onyx full kit + hematite coarse plate + amber medium plate.

Maybe I would have prefered the hematite top and bottom.

My brother in law is Palestinian so i bought him one in their flag colors!
It looks amazing and he loves it!
Bought another one for anither friend in his favourite football teams colours and he loves it as well!

Everyone deserves some colour in their lives and the BCG has some amazing colours and thatbthey show you what it will look like assembled is great!!

lazylathe

Almost there...
I simply chose a different color for each of the 3 grind plates for quick visual reference.
Since COLOR is a PREFERENCE, who really cares, besides the user? Device performance is on the top of my list, looks are a bit lower on my list. Nice to have the choice though!

Each to his own!
I would hate to have a bland looking vape station with no pops of color.
But everyone is entitled to choose whatever their hearts desire...

Vapouristo

Company Rep
I only use the fine plate for all my grinding with the BCG.
Depending on the moisture content it will give a different result.

Most of my grinders provide a fine grind that seems to work really well for my convection vapes.
I see! That makes sense that the medium plate would be on the coarse side for any convection vape. The main reason I'm interested in the other plates is that I intend to purchase a dynavap like I said, or some other portable this summer; I'm still on the fence but that's a discussion for another thread. However, I still see myself using all 3 plates since I also combust (roll big hogs) occasionally with friends so it would be pretty nifty to show off my BCG.

I simply chose a different color for each of the 3 grind plates for quick visual reference.
Since COLOR is a PREFERENCE, who really cares, besides the user? Device performance is on the top of my list, looks are a bit lower on my list. Nice to have the choice though!
Precisedomundo, certain combos are spectacular. I really dig your set.

webtroter

Are you a cig smoker?
After only vaping for a few months my rig was out of commission so I sparked up a bowl...
Horrible nasty taste. Didn't finish that bowl and pretty sure I'll never smoke anything again.
ahahaha, same here.

I bought a dynavap in feb 2020, was used to smoke bowls on bongs and some joints from time to time.

Tried a bong bowl a few weeks later, I almost threw up.

many months late, I was craving some cannabis but didn't have my dynavap or something to heat it. So I smoke a joint and I wanted to throw up again.

I don't think I'll ever smoke again.

Vapouristo

Company Rep
Are you a cig smoker?
After only vaping for a few months my rig was out of commission so I sparked up a bowl...
Horrible nasty taste. Didn't finish that bowl and pretty sure I'll never smoke anything again.
ahahaha, same here.

I bought a dynavap in feb 2020, was used to smoke bowls on bongs and some joints from time to time.

Tried a bong bowl a few weeks later, I almost threw up.

many months late, I was craving some cannabis but didn't have my dynavap or something to heat it. So I smoke a joint and I wanted to throw up again.

I don't think I'll ever smoke again.
Nah never lol, although I started vaping nicotine this year. But ever since I started vaporizing cannabis in 2016, ive always smoked if vaping was out of the question, and I still enjpy joints when they get passed my way

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes GFL help to respond? Just hoping to get an idea.

Top Bottom