Brilliant Cut Grinder

dzoinp

Accessory Maker

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Nice! That is a stunning combo. And not what we are typically seeing…

That was based on an absurd around of googling and not sleeping on my part.

Can’t wait to see your pics. :).

Yeah it is also a great example of how much the lighting affects the colors, although those could also be earlier versions of these colors from the testing days... We know the mock-up tool is not fully accurate, but yeah when you share your pics @dzoinp then maybe we will have the most up-to-date real world images of this color combo! ;) :freak:

Cannabiker

My 4/20 celebration is just about complete. I pre-ordered a Dynavap VonG and a BCG the same day, at the end of March, in anticipation of the holiday. The VonG arrived first, and the BCG just arrived. For good measure I picked up a new bubbler--a Goo Roo Small Inline--when the BCG was on its way. I still have a debowler on the way to complete the package.

My last grinder was a Rasta SCS. I've always been amused by Rasta colors on weed implements, but I also understand that being amused by someone else's culture and heritage isn't the best look. I don't believe in Jah, and I really don't think Haile Selassie was a messiah, so I'm just flying their colors because, hey, those guys smoke loads of weed. It pretty much defines cultural appropriation.

So, I thought I'd honor my own heritage. I was born in the U.S., but I'm not much of a flag waver, so I looked a generation back to my father's Danish upbringing--and where I've enjoyed cannabis tourist visits to Christiana. Ruby/silver/ruby is a reasonable approximation of the red and white Danish flag, and it mimics the color scheme of one my favorite tools, a Swiss Army knife.
51199128509_eb98f40de5.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've always been amused by Rasta colors on weed implements, but I also understand that being amused by someone else's culture and heritage isn't the best look. I don't believe in Jah, and I really don't think Haile Selassie was a messiah, so I'm just flying their colors because, hey, those guys smoke loads of weed. It pretty much defines cultural appropriation.

That's exactly how I've always looked at it.

Ramahs,

Shit Snacks

Well it will be two years together with my first BCG this summer, but I think I am going to clean before the anniversary:

PXL-20210522-215641706.jpg

Still works fine, but you can see how kief from the blueberry faygo I just grinded is sticking to the built-up residue in the grinder teeth and on the walls... This is the BCG I use to grind upside down the most, to get a more consistent fine grind, so that is also why it has gotten dirtier too... Look forward to it feeling like new again!

Alright so the cleaning was pretty quick and quite simple, just a little soak, a little scrub, and plenty of rinsing... Now here is my fine aquamarine back to like new condition:

PXL-20210524-192820139.jpg

PXL-20210524-192755033.jpg

You can see the highest points of wear are where the tray magnet meets the midsection magnet above, those three teeth keep it locked in the hexagon so it does not turn when you are grinding, but I think when you remove and attach it, those parts can scrape against each other if not perfectly aligned...

Slartibarfast

Alright so the cleaning was pretty quick and quite simple, just a little soak, a little scrub, and plenty of rinsing... Now here is my fine aquamarine back to like new condition:

You can see the highest points of wear are where the tray magnet meets the midsection magnet above, those three teeth keep it locked in the hexagon so it does not turn when you are grinding, but I think when you remove and attach it, those parts can scrape against each other if not perfectly aligned...
That's cleaned up beautifully! I have no problem with the little bit of wear when the parts come together, it still seem very minor for all the use. I've seen posts where folk perhaps think it should be indestructible but to me that doesn't seem realistic. Fantastic job cleaning it and testament to the quality of the grinder too!

Shit Snacks

Yup lol that was absolutely it.

:lol: thought so because I actually specifically requested a light amethyst from them that is a more fuchsia color (after seeing their original beta runs before the color option was listed on the site) So any new orders of amethyst should be as purple as possible, but the lighting really affects the color so much! Not to mention personal perception, because see that photo without the flash @BallzMcVinegar looks more purple to me than the first one did actually :rofl:

Like what we have been talking about with the Amber, in person it really feels so copper though in all the photos it is coming out super orange to me... In some lighting I can get that orange color in person, so I am not mad at it, though I still wish I had gone with Sapphire (or rather, a full kit with sapphire coarse and Ruby fine plates! ...Well again this is my motivation for wanting to get a second large that also has the standard amethyst to complete me haha)

Yeah I will say, some of the photos I've seen showing the wear of the anodizing color, has been worse with the teeth etc, but as you see how I load here I am pretty careful with mine in general... I also remember reading about these spots in particular wearing down so I do try to be careful aligning them, but for the most part its unpredictable and you have to be zen about it lol Ofcourse this will be a selling point of the all steel version and why I don't think we will see color steel...

You are so right, cleaning it really helped me feel the quality, a stark contrast from cleaning other grinders in my experience, this aluminum is just so slick and smooth, organic cotton bamboo qtip scrub with 91% iso can do a lot on its own, even without soaking I think, and I used filtered water to dip rinse the pieces before air drying.

Shit Snacks

I put a very thin smear of wood wax/butter on that plastic ring to keep that smooth feeling longer. Not sure if its actually working or if its in my head.

I'm not sure on the material used, but I think these type of plastic o-rings should be self-lubricating? I think it was Dan Morrison who said something about peek plastic in that way but I could be a mistaken... Could be a Teflon thing? I'm not sure... I will say I think the one used in the BCG is the nicest I've seen, nicer than the SLX and SCS, those did not hold up so well for cleaning or staying in place or turning smoothly over time in my experience... The one used in the ZAM is actually super nice and robust though.

I will say I tried to remove the ring to soak the lid with peace of mind, but I didn't want to force it and it is actually on there pretty good, I could raise the outer edges but the inside edge was really like stuck in there? Which I liked, I like how secure it is! So instead I poured a little iso into the lid itself, and let it soak that way, using the qtip to scrub in and around (other end of it to swab up any excess that found its way onto the ring) Then I was doing rinses in clean iso, swirling it in a glass, where I did let it sit for no more than 5 minutes if even? Before then moving it to the filtered water bath... Seems to be turning fine and smooth now!

johnnyCanuck

Not too active anymore as I have found my tolerance towards people to be at an all time low but I keep up with what is happening from afar!

Just wanted to say I introduced this grinder to the forum aover 3 years ago.
From my 1st initial prototypes I was sent to evaluate to the final design today was an epic journey to be a part of. I feel very honoured to have been a part of that!

At present I have 5 grinders on my desk, BCG, Herb Mill, United Machining V2, Kannastor V2 and the trusty old SCS.

The grinder I always go to for sticky, moist herb is always my BCG as it rips and shreds anything you throw at it. No jokes!
Every other grinder gets gummed up after one round while the BCG is truly jam free.

I have bought grinders for friends and family as I think it is a truly revolutionary grinder.
Many have copied their thread less design but for me, this is the ultimate grinder!

Every person who grinds herb needs to have one of these on their desks.
Buy it and never look for another grinder again.
Quality is expensive but it is worth the investment!

Looking at buying the larger version to be easier on my hands now!
:tup:
Dude. As far as I’m concerned, you put GFL on the road to success right from the get go. As far as I’m concerned, if I were GFL, I’d make damn sure every BCG you’d like going forward should be given to you free of cost.

Ramahs

That's cleaned up beautifully! I have no problem with the little bit of wear when the parts come together, it still seem very minor for all the use. I've seen posts where folk perhaps think it should be indestructible but to me that doesn't seem realistic. Fantastic job cleaning it and testament to the quality of the grinder too!

Exactly. Any product made out of almost any substance is eventually going to show some wear. It's just physics.

Slartibarfast

I have to make do with my existing shitty grinder until my BCG gets here. I don't have any grinder grease but does anyone have any idea if beeswax would be useful to try, or what is the main thing in grinder grease? Any suggestions? Cheers.

Slartibarfast,

Ramahs

I have to make do with my existing shitty grinder until my BCG gets here. I don't have any grinder grease but does anyone have any idea if beeswax would be useful to try, or what is the main thing in grinder grease? Any suggestions? Cheers.

There's a ring around the edge that already does that.
Don't rub sticky shit onto your grinder. The cannabis does enough of that already!

NJlegal

Mine has finally arrived. I couldn't wait to pop a few buds in and let the magic happen. I couldn't turn the grinder. After a minor struggle it freed up and the grind was great. I tried again and the same thing happened. I noticed my finger would slide around the grinder as I struggled to initially grind the buds. I am going to clean it now and hope that the unit was slick from production grime and will grind a bit better. I couldn't have gotten a defective one? :doh::)

NJlegal,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Mine has finally arrived. I couldn't wait to pop a few buds in and let the magic happen. I couldn't turn the grinder. After a minor struggle it freed up and the grind was great. I tried again and the same thing happened. I noticed my finger would slide around the grinder as I struggled to initially grind the buds. I am going to clean it now and hope that the unit was slick from production grime and will grind a bit better. I couldn't have gotten a defective one? :doh::)

Are you loading “big nugs? Even with my smaller pieces, laid evenly across the plate, I push down the top, slowly so as to avoid any metal on metal. Usually I just push straight down with my palm, and then start a slow back and forth spin.
If your BCG spins freely when clean and empty, it should work properly. Now, I usually dry out my 62% flower a bit before grinding, but perhaps your flower is dense and moist? That would make it a bit tougher. I’ve never heard of a defective BCG, you may need to supply more info. I’m sure you will get some more feedback, that’s all I can think of.

NJlegal

Are you loading “big nugs? Even with my smaller pieces, laid evenly across the plate, I push down the top, slowly so as to avoid any metal on metal. Usually I just push straight down with my palm, and then start a slow back and forth spin.
If your BCG spins freely when clean and empty, it should work properly. Now, I usually dry out my 62% flower a bit before grinding, but perhaps your flower is dense and moist? That would make it a bit tougher. I’ve never heard of a defective BCG, you may need to supply more info. I’m sure you will get some more feedback, that’s all I can think of.
Nug is slightly moist (62%) and NOT dried out at all. Medium denseness. I tried a few small nugs, then less, then just 1 and it's a LARGE BCG. I didn't consider the moisture level so you may be right. I just tried again ( following your example, but still moist, and I notice my fingers just sliding across as I turn and the nug seems to be stuck. I know I need to start working out, but I shouldn't be having this much trouble turning it. :)

I'm going to try to wash with warm water and soap. Possibly some manufacturer substance is making it too slippery to turn.

The Debowler I got from them is great. Makes the Dyna so much easier to use and enjoy.

FOLLOW UP: slightly better grip after washing, and dryer nugs got torn right up. I'm going to start an exercise program to assist me for the moist and dense stuff. Now I got to start "cleaning up" all the ground material I have been experimenting with.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Nug is slightly moist (62%) and NOT dried out at all. Medium denseness. I tried a few small nugs, then less, then just 1 and it's a LARGE BCG. I didn't consider the moisture level so you may be right. I just tried again ( following your example, but still moist, and I notice my fingers just sliding across as I turn and the nug seems to be stuck. I know I need to start working out, but I shouldn't be having this much trouble turning it. :)

I'm going to try to wash with warm water and soap. Possibly some manufacturer substance is making it too slippery to turn.

The Debowler I got from them is great. Makes the Dyna so much easier to use and enjoy.

FOLLOW UP: slightly better grip after washing, and dryer nugs got torn right up. I'm going to start an exercise program to assist me for the moist and dense stuff. Now I got to start "cleaning up" all the ground material I have been experimenting with.

Yeah there is no manufacturing grease or whatever, they arrive fully cleaned from an ultrasonic... What you are describing is just difficulty getting it going with super moist bud, the denser it is the harder it will be, another reason I like to load small nugs in between the teeth, occasionally there is a bit of resistance for the first turn to get going, but it is never a struggle like it can be with some other grinders, and I don't have the trouble of fully slipping like you seem to and I know someone else did, so they ended up with a Phoenician I think for grippiness?

Slartibarfast

While I can certainly see the temptation to squash a fat bud in and go for it and hope it doesn't seize up, but I understand it doing so. I imagine it is probably all round better to load it in bits. Personally, I would prefer that bits of stalk are not forming part of my grind so I'd usually never normally grind whole buds.

@NJlegal I am sure you'll be glad of it's functioning very soon. Mine's on order, but still some waiting time to go!

Top Bottom