• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Brilliant Cut Grinder

fak

The Dude
I got my shipping notice today, too. Tracking says delivery next Thursday.
I got a surprise early delivery today :D So far I have only used the fine grinder but it's night and day compared to my santa cruz, it's rediculously easy to just throw a big nug in, after a few easy twists you are left with a clean and even fine grind.

The decapper/debowler for the Dynavap is a game changer for me, I can do everything one handed now which is super awesome workflow wise.

Everything looks amazing of course as expected and I'm super stoked to have all three! Arrived in 2 days which is amazing service <3

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I got my shipping notice today, too. Tracking says delivery next Thursday.

Thanks for making my day..... NOT... I wrote them at the 7 week mark, got a quick response saying one of the plates had to be re-anodized. Funny, wish I could find the now old email from my original small BCG grinder, as I recall the same issue holding up the shipping. Oh well, actually GLAD to hear yours is on the way, we ordered about the same time, so that’s a good sign. ENJOY, wish I could have beat you .... :)

jimdee

Tomorrow makes 7-weeks of waiting for me. When I purchased, wait-time was "approximately 5 weeks". It bugs me that they charged my credit card immediately but have yet to send any progress updates. At least, they do respond to email questions reasonably fast. But, I want my shiny new toy already!!! 😫

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Tomorrow makes 7-weeks of waiting for me. When I purchased, wait-time was "approximately 5 weeks". It bugs me that they charged my credit card immediately but have yet to send any progress updates. At least, they do respond to email questions reasonably fast. But, I want my shiny new toy already!!! 😫

It'll be worth the wait!

SquirrelMaster

Thanks for making my day..... NOT... I wrote them at the 7 week mark, got a quick response saying one of the plates had to be re-anodized. Funny, wish I could find the now old email from my original small BCG grinder, as I recall the same issue holding up the shipping. Oh well, actually GLAD to hear yours is on the way, we ordered about the same time, so that’s a good sign. ENJOY, wish I could have beat you .... :)

I'm in the same boat basically, today marked the 8 week mark and they're hoping to have my large amber medium plate setup shipped this week. Could be worse, my United Machining grinder pre-order was from mid-November and it should be arriving next week as well.

And somehow I already want to buy another grinder :rofl:.

The Flower Mill is kinda of my list but I still don't quite know if I'd like the operation. There's also the Iaso stainless steel grinder that I've always liked, except for the inner lip that makes the internal grinding area smaller. Maybe a HerbRipper V.2 to complement my OG XL?

I honestly keep circling back to another colored BCG because I love the operation of that grinder so much. I'm still waiting for their stainless version and I just hope it's not the same price as the Lift Stainless ($400 CDN) which does look fantastic but wow that's a lot of dough! Friggin GAS!

We're so close to 420 sales starting I'm sure there's going to be something that suck me in :lol:.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I honestly keep circling back to another colored BCG because I love the operation of that grinder so much. I'm still waiting for their stainless version and I just hope it's not the same price as the Lift Stainless ($400 CDN) which does look fantastic but wow that's a lot of dough! Friggin GAS!

We're so close to 420 sales starting I'm sure there's going to be something that suck me in :lol:.

Have GFL mentioned anything about manufacturing a SS version??
I would absolutely love one in the small size

TheBlackLodge

I'm not sure I understand the obsession with SS for grinders. Sure it's harder than aluminum, but it will still abrade over time. Plus some of the negative effects of aluminum, such as its link to Alzheimer's, are debated; while the negative affects of chromium and nickel are not as far as I'm aware. This doesn't account for the anodization dyes or anything else that could find its way into your product like pesticides (which are probably a bigger health risk than this minute amount of metal anyway), but it does give something to think about. I'm starting to realize there's only so much harm reduction you can do before becoming too obsessive :lol:

SquirrelMaster

Have GFL mentioned anything about manufacturing a SS version??
I would absolutely love one in the small size
They had mentioned that they were looking at making a version with stainless steel in the high use areas but that was over a year ago and I haven't been able to get any more info since. They're working on some other projects so my guess is that it's a plan for the future. I'd like an entirely stainless version, that would be the ultimate grinder.

I'm not sure I understand the obsession with SS for grinders. Sure it's harder than aluminum, but it will still abrade over time. Plus some of the negative effects of aluminum, such as its link to Alzheimer's, are debated; while the negative affects of chromium and nickel are not as far as I'm aware. This doesn't account for the anodization dyes or anything else that could find its way into your product like pesticides (which are probably a bigger health risk than this minute amount of metal anyway), but it does give something to think about. I'm starting to realize there's only so much harm reduction you can do before becoming too obsessive :lol:

Aesthetics and durability for me. My BCG is missing anodizing in high friction spots. I would think many others are in the same boat whether they realize it or not. It's minimal but it annoys me on an expensive grinder. I've dropped it once and took some anodizing off, where as I could murder (hypothetically speaking obviously) someone with my HerbRipper and it would still look great (after a wash :lol:).

I use to be "concerned" with aluminum but now I get a little annoyed when I see it as a marketing tactic. It's everywhere around me in my day to day life and the amouny from a grinder is so minimal that I domt see

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hmmm yeah I don't know, would have to think about it and see the price... I mean I fucking love the BCG already and I love the colors, but if steel is better I would be willing to at least try it, at this point it's a collection sooo

Anyway someone else here told me BCG told them they are looking at fall for a steel version in fact... So we may just know more about it sooner than later!

SquirrelMaster

Well crap. Yeah, my grind plates were the gold color. Do you know about how long it's delayed or should I email them?
Mine were Amber (orange) so might could be ok. I would shoot them an email anyways if you're past 7 weeks for the piece of mind. It calmed me down to know mine would be shipping soon. I've been in love with the orange since they posted it way back on their IG and I've wanted a large for a long time. I can tell I'm excited for it as I'm noticing all the GFL garbage trucks driving around the city like I did when I was waiting on my original order some time ago. I always wanted an Emerald grinder and if I like this size as much as I think I will I might order a full Emerald XL. Then that'll be my last grinder purchase, I promise :lol:.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Ordered the LARGE BCG - ALL PLATES on February 6th.

Wrote them a week ago, here was the response:

“My apologies for the delay.
The parts have been remade and we're just waiting on the gold coarse plates to come back from the anodizing process. Your order should be shipping out early next week.”

Still waiting.....

BestBuds

The Dude
Oh gotcha! I forgot about the orange color, I thought you were talking about the gold..
I was very tempted to go for the green red gold combo. I guess if I was a single dude. The thing is, I keep forgetting my grinder out and the better it blends the better for me. My wife doesn't like vape looking stuff at all and hates when I leave it out. Save for my VB everything is hidden away. But if I leave my grinder out Its usually left on my bar. I have some chrome and gold stuff around, like an ice bucket.

So when I ordered the BCG large I did the silver top and bottom and gold center. It should blend nicely.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
It's new grinder day!

7 1/2 weeks plus one week in transit. Packaged well, nothing fancy, just bubble wrap and crumpled paper padding. The silver color looks great, not too shiny, almost like polished aluminum. I like it. Quick wash with dish soap and water and lots of patience waiting for it to dry.

First grind, I overloaded it with large, sticky, moist chunks, bigger than I'd normally use but I wanted to see what it could handle. It took a bit of effort but once I got it started it was a breeze. Nice and even, the medium grind looks great, I'm glad I went with it.

Overall a great first impression, I'm glad I went with this grinder. Thanks to everyone before me who recommended it. :tup:

bcg.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
It's new grinder day!

7 1/2 weeks plus one week in transit. Packaged well, nothing fancy, just bubble wrap and crumpled paper padding. The silver color looks great, not too shiny, almost like polished aluminum. I like it. Quick wash with dish soap and water and lots of patience waiting for it to dry.

First grind, I overloaded it with large, sticky, moist chunks, bigger than I'd normally use but I wanted to see what it could handle. It took a bit of effort but once I got it started it was a breeze. Nice and even, the medium grind looks great, I'm glad I went with it.

Overall a great first impression, I'm glad I went with this grinder. Thanks to everyone before me who recommended it. :tup:

bcg.jpg

Nice. Is that a large?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It's new grinder day!

bcg.jpg

Awesome, congrats!

By the way they run them through an ultrasonic cleaner before shipping :tup:

Nice. Is that a large?

Yep

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Yep, large, all silver, medium grind. (thanks @Shit Snacks)

I didn't know they US cleaned them, thanks, good to know. I always clean stuff before I use it, though.

Sorry, @BestBuds, I didn't think all silver was too exciting but I hadn't seen the BCG engraving on the grind plate so I went with that instead. I'll see if I can get a some good ones up soon.

Top Bottom