Brilliant Cut Grinder

Chandler

Cleaned out the bottom of my BCG for the first time since owning (7+ months). A fair bit of keef build up down there. Brushed out easily. No iso soak, just a brushing. I haven't soaked/cleaned since receiving it. Alot of sticky herbs lately. Still impressed by its smooth grind. I packed it the other day n jammed down the sticky icky. Almost broke my wrist to turn initially. I did the same thing soon after with more herb, but simply started grinding as I closed the lid. Brilliant cut... But that's the same thing with all grinders. Don't overpack n if you do grind as you close the lid. Completely Jam down the stickiness n get stuck!

Side note. Last I was in this thread @GFL had mentioned a larger grinder was on the horizon. Just checked out the website, wasn't surprised the larger version isn't mentioned, but disappointed they're still advertising the dynavap debowler as new... I probably do suffer from time dilation but I feel like that's old news. Has there been an update on that front (larger version)?

I can't wait to try another color combo on a large BCG with coarse plate this time, even though I'ma buy black for sure.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Cleaned out the bottom of my BCG for the first time since owning (7+ months). A fair bit of keef build up down there. Brushed out easily. No iso soak, just a brushing. I haven't soaked/cleaned since receiving it. Alot of sticky herbs lately. Still impressed by its smooth grind. I packed it the other day n jammed down the sticky icky. Almost broke my wrist to turn initially. I did the same thing soon after with more herb, but simply started grinding as I closed the lid. Brilliant cut... But that's the same thing with all grinders. Don't overpack n if you do grind as you close the lid. Completely Jam down the stickiness n get stuck!

Side note. Last I was in this thread @GFL had mentioned a larger grinder was on the horizon. Just checked out the website, wasn't surprised the larger version isn't mentioned, but disappointed they're still advertising the dynavap debowler as new... I probably do suffer from time dilation but I feel like that's old news. Has there been an update on that front (larger version)?

I can't wait to try another color combo on a large BCG with coarse plate this time, even though I'ma buy black for sure.

Did someone say BLACK!

5DF6B5F5-8785-48DC-887E-9088E8B6BA04.jpeg

iammyself

My order from July 24th just shipped. Just under 3 weeks. I was expecting to wait longer. I ordered the medium plate in onyx top, hematite plate, and emerald bottom. I’ll take pics when it arrives.

I recently bought a brilliant cut grinder last month and I'm trying out the different plates to see which one matches up better w/ my vapcap and have noticed that I'm getting really good results with the fine plate..I actually find the medium plate just a little too course but I'm still testing. Curious to hear what size plates people are using with there vapcap...

thunderstealer1337

I have medium, and after my 1st try - I was on the same boat as you, its too course

So I just flip mine over and grind some more each time, its probably fine or medium/fine when I use it. But some strains I have work best medium grind, its weird....

I have medium, and after my 1st try - I was on the same boat as you, its too course

So I just flip mine over and grind some more each time, its probably fine or medium/fine when I use it. But some strains I have work best medium grind, its weird....
I was actually surprised at the results I got from the fine plate. It's nice because it's just course enough not to clog up my screen which is a huge plus, plus I seem to get really good vapor production with the fine plate.

As far as the medium plate goes I'm still testing it out but I have to admit I never used a more coarser grind. I will continue to throw it in the equation for experimental use, ect...that's what I like about the brilliant cut, if you dont like the grind you can always reach for another plate..

RustyOldNail

Like the last two posters, I find the medium just a tad coarser then I’d like. But it works well for devices that may require a bit more airflow, like a Stempod, RBT. I go back and forth between fine and medium for my Vapcaps, still no clear winner there. Fine plate for my WeedEater. It’s fun to experiment. I like to have complete sets if I like a product, so while I also have the coarse plate, I have never used it.

Chandler

@RustyOldNail I was on their site the other day to check what the cost of a single plate is. I only have medium... I'm thinking you don't really Need that coarse plate! Whenever/if ever you're ready I'll purchase it from you for a fair price!

Chandler,

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
A question on cleaning, with the top piece having that "teflon" or something aiding in the rotating do you have to worry about drying underneath it? With my old grinder, that piece is easily removed but with the BCG it seems pretty fixed.

Relaxed,
Do you guys like Fine grind or medium grind with the dynavap from the brilliant cut grinder?
Good question..I have owned my brilliant cut for about a month now and I find myself reaching for the fine plate the most with my vapcap. I feel like the medium is just a little too course and with the fine plate I can pretty much stop right at the click for good vapor production..

I would compare the fine plate to be similar to the grind you get from the storznbickle 2pc acrylic grinder. The grind I get is what I would consider a medium/fine grind and it's just course enough that it doesn't clog up my screen..Fine plate for the win here.

Baron23

Just popping in to say that I still love my BCG, have all three plates but really use fine for everything, and it is showing really little to no wear.

I do, when gunked up, pop it into a bag with just enough ISO to cover and pop that in the ultrasonic cleaner. Comes out like new and I rediscover how smooth it is when really clean.

Cheers

itopito

Getting one of these is definitely on my bucket list. They have such good reviews. I can only imagine the quality and grind with the different plates. The hardest part is going to be choosing the color combination... :shrug: argh.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Coarse plate FTW! lol

Reason is because it's not really coarse and the medium plate is like a fine grind to me. I can get any level needed by time grind-ed while upside down.

That's funny because for me the fine plate is not even a fine grind really, if I want an actually fine grind I will have to grind upside down... The fine plate is more of a consistent medium fine grind for me normally, and the medium plate is a nice medium course (I do not actually have a course plate to compare, maybe someday?? I would probably get a third BCG then lol) of course the grind varies depending on the buds, their moisture level and their structure you know? Either way BCG can do it all!

RustyOldNail

That's funny because for me the fine plate is not even a fine grind really, if I want an actually fine grind I will have to grind upside down... The fine plate is more of a consistent medium fine grind for me normally, and the medium plate is a nice medium course (I do not actually have a course plate to compare, maybe someday?? I would probably get a third BCG then lol) of course the grind varies depending on the buds, their moisture level and their structure you know? Either way BCG can do it all!

Your assessment of the grinds match up exactly with my experience. I bought all 3 plates, just to have a complete set. But have yet to find a use for the coarse plate, not sure what device I may have that it would be appropriate for. And as you stated, the strain can be a factor. I’m struggling here with HIGH humidity, more then my 62% bovida - CVault stored bud. Can’t get it DRY enough.....

Shit Snacks

Your assessment of the grinds match up exactly with my experience. I bought all 3 plates, just to have a complete set. But have yet to find a use for the coarse plate, not sure what device I may have that it would be appropriate for. And as you stated, the strain can be a factor. I’m struggling here with HIGH humidity, more then my 62% bovida - CVault stored bud. Can’t get it DRY enough.....

Even though it can be harder to grind I actually tend to prefer more moist bud for the flavors personally... I think the course plate could be useful in vapes where you might use a whole nug or handbrake, like Firefly or sticky bricks? Maybe vapbong

iammyself

Don’t you hate when Christmas gets delayed? My usps status for the grinder that was supposed to come today is “In Transit, Arriving Late.Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.”:doh:

Shit Snacks

Don’t you hate when Christmas gets delayed? My usps status for the grinder that was supposed to come today is “In Transit, Arriving Late.Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.”:doh:

Yes that is awful, not to build hopes up, but I just had something deliver on time for the original estimate despite seeing the same tracking update last night... that was a domestic package though, I have two other international packages that are seeing delays however (my BCG did come pretty quick though couple months ago)

Top Bottom