• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Brilliant Cut Grinder

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm still using my BCG 98% of the time. It's been over a year and a half, and I still haven't cleaned it. Though a cleaning is probably coming soon, not because it's hard to turn or anything, but because I'm starting to see a bit of resin buildup inside the grinding chamber. I think I'll put it in my jar of Everclear soon.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I'm still using my BCG 98% of the time. It's been over a year and a half, and I still haven't cleaned it. Though a cleaning is probably coming soon, not because it's hard to turn or anything, but because I'm starting to see a bit of resin buildup inside the grinding chamber. I think I'll put it in my jar of Everclear soon.

Being a bit OCD, I clean mine after each use, which isn’t that often as I grind a decent amount. What I love is just using some Dawn dish detergent and a soft toothbrush, takes a few minutes and always looks like new for the next. If it wasn’t so easy, I’d wait. The only time I had to clean it a bit more, was when my flower was a bit too damp.

Ramahs

Being a bit OCD, I clean mine after each use, which isn’t that often as I grind a decent amount. What I love is just using some Dawn dish detergent and a soft toothbrush, takes a few minutes and always looks like new for the next. If it wasn’t so easy, I’d wait. The only time I had to clean it a bit more, was when my flower was a bit too damp.

My habit has always been to spend a couple minutes carefully and completely brushing out every piece of the grinder clean with a stiff brush before I even touch the herb I just dumped out of it. I'm sure that contributes to me going much further between cleanings than many people. I've never seen a friend carefully brush their grinder out after use as I do. I literally carefully go around every tooth.

*edit*
Here's a pic of what mine looks like after over a year and a half of use for ~98% of my grinding, with my carefully brushing it out after every use (makes a HUGE difference). Also, for reference, my herb tends to sit in sealed containers with 62% Boveda packs for months before I ever get to it (I like to buy ahead):

IMG-6727.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah mine is a little over a year old, and I do always poke out bits with a toothpick after I grind, however I don't brush much and my herb can be quite moist (if I am lucky enough), so yeah my fine BCG looks much dirtier than yours... but it still works perfectly! My second one with the medium plate should be arriving this week finally...

Ramahs

Yeah mine is a little over a year old, and I do always poke out bits with a toothpick after I grind, however I don't brush much and my herb can be quite moist (if I am lucky enough), so yeah my fine BCG looks much dirtier than yours... but it still works perfectly! My second one with the medium plate should be arriving this week finally...

Yeah. The plate in my pic above is the medium plate. I have all three plates, but I almost exclusively use the medium plate.

Zoltani

My habit has always been to spend a couple minutes carefully and completely brushing out every piece of the grinder clean with a stiff brush before I even touch the herb I just dumped out of it. I'm sure that contributes to me going much further between cleanings than many people. I've never seen a friend carefully brush their grinder out after use as I do. I literally carefully go around every tooth.

*edit*
Here's a pic of what mine looks like after over a year and a half of use for ~98% of my grinding, with my carefully brushing it out after every use (makes a HUGE difference). Also, for reference, my herb tends to sit in sealed containers with 62% Boveda packs for months before I ever get to it (I like to buy ahead):

IMG-6727.jpg

Which brush do you like to use?

Zoltani,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I’ve been staring a different color combinations all day trying to decide!
life is hard, LoL

thinking a tri tone type : (onyx/hematite/silver) or a ”tequila sunrise” (Gold/amber/ruby)

or an emerald and gold for one of my favorite sports teams...:hmm:

Ramahs

Which brush do you like to use?

The brush I've been using is the one that came with my Sticky Brick Maxx. I think it's about the same as the Storz and Bickel brush that comes with all their vapes. Those can be found on Amazon and Ebay, and it has a great reputation.

Last edited:

fatbiker

Anyone noticing any chipping of the grinder teeth? I seen a few instances of this and just curious how prominent it is.

fatbiker,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

Anyone noticing any chipping of the grinder teeth? I seen a few instances of this and just curious how prominent it is.

The teeth are fine as long as you close it carefully and they don't scrape against the sides, parts around the center post are a little more vulnerable to some wear over time though seems pretty minor too.

Ramahs

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered today with the 10% off sale. Looking forward to giving it a shot after reading all the positive reviews on it.

And we look forward to hearing your thoughts, once you've had some time with it. Please come back and share!
What grind plate(s) did you order?

SquirrelMaster

I felt guilty for so rarely pulling out my fine or coarse plate lately so I've been rocking my amethyst coarse plate for the last week. I've been using it for my Tinymight, RBT devices, Elev8r and even the Volcano last night with good results. I switched to the fine plate yesterday evening and I'll try to keep it on for a bit. The fine requires the most wrist action and I hurt my hand pretty bad yesterday but I'm still able to use it. As a frame of reference I can just barely open my mason jars but the BCG is still usable if I don't pack it too full. A few turns later and I can one finger turn. Pretty good for year old grinder that's never been cleaned.

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
And we look forward to hearing your thoughts, once you've had some time with it. Please come back and share!
What grind plate(s) did you order?
I took your advice and just went with the medium plate. Hematite top and bottom with an Onyx grind plate.

Relaxed,
Reactions: Ramahs

SatanLovestoVape

. Pretty good for year old grinder that's never been cleaned.
That's impressive. My brilliant cut grinder is holding up great after year of heavy abuse. I only cleaned it once with rubbing alcohol. The anodized is still holding up beautifully, and not even a scratch on it. The teeth are in flawless condition. I owned grinders in the past Space Case and Phoenician, and after some use the teeth starts to lose its color. http://instagr.am/p/CCKx69gHORV/

Shit Snacks

I felt guilty for so rarely pulling out my fine or coarse plate lately so I've been rocking my amethyst coarse plate for the last week. I've been using it for my Tinymight, RBT devices, Elev8r and even the Volcano last night with good results. I switched to the fine plate yesterday evening and I'll try to keep it on for a bit. The fine requires the most wrist action and I hurt my hand pretty bad yesterday but I'm still able to use it. As a frame of reference I can just barely open my mason jars but the BCG is still usable if I don't pack it too full. A few turns later and I can one finger turn. Pretty good for year old grinder that's never been cleaned.

My special medium BCG in light amethyst, that I ordered to match your fuchsia-y early one, should be arriving Monday finally!

Will be nice to have a brand new one since I also never cleaned my original aquamarine fine BCG... Maybe with one despair I will finally, but with iso low I'm still not so inclined since it's still working well!

SquirrelMaster

My special medium BCG in light amethyst, that I ordered to match your fuchsia-y early one, should be arriving Monday finally!

Will be nice to have a brand new one since I also never cleaned my original aquamarine fine BCG... Maybe with one despair I will finally, but with iso low I'm still not so inclined since it's still working well!

I thought I remember reading something about iso being bad for anodized surfaces but after searching I can't find any info so I assume it's safe for the finish. Is that what you use?

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Yeah...I've cleaned mine about 5 times now with iso. Throw it in a baggie, put it in my cheap little ultrasonic cleaner surrounded by hot water for 5 minutes and I never need to use a brush to clean any of the teeth. Comes out spotless...like brand new. Absolutely no damage to the anodized surface.

Never soak it in PBW, however. There are old pics on FC of someone's Space Case not fairing well using that method. PBW is great for glass...bad for grinders...lol

Top Bottom