Brilliant Cut Grinder

SquirrelMaster

Crazy.... as I posted a few above, at least my first try with the MED plate, it seemed a bit corse to me, can’t imagine yet when I’ll need my coarse plate. But I know some like SUPER coarse, almost nug style.

I haven't had the change to try a lot of different grinders, especially those with multiple grinding plates but between the fine, medium and coarse plates there is a very nice distinction between each plate with the BCG. If the fine plate is a bit coarse for you then the fine plate would probably make you pretty happy. I don't use my fine plate much at all, it's mostly the medium that stays on but the coarse plate is a nice consistent coarse grind. All 3 are plates offer fairly consistent grinds. If this extra coarse plate keeps the consistency then it will make a lot of people happy I'm sure.

caliganja420

BCG is 10%-off now for 420.

In the very beginning of the vid. is a color combination of amethyst, black & sapphire. :drool:

@Rollingstoned, what don't you like about the Lift?

the blades get very gunky and it’s nearly impossible to clean without having to soak in ISO. Also the customer service department is the worst I have ever dealt with in my whole time I’ve been involved in the industry. They kept asking me questions over and over, as if he’s a cop. I have recommended their product countless of times, and will no longer support a company like that

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

@Rollingstoned
I brush the bottom piece of my BCG out pretty much everytime I finish whatever herb I've ground and I also give the top section a brush every month or two. I've had it for a year and I've put quite a few ounces through it and it still turns like butter. There are others that use much more flower than I do and do not clean their BCG's at all and they have no issues. I'm surprised you had cleaning issues with your Lift, I thought they were supposed to really good in that regard.

Someone has asked GFL when the large version was coming and they said they're aiming for May! I can't wait!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Rollingstoned
I brush the bottom piece of my BCG out pretty much everytime I finish whatever herb I've ground and I also give the top section a brush every month or two. I've had it for a year and I've put quite a few ounces through it and it still turns like butter. There are others that use much more flower than I do and do not clean their BCG's at all and they have no issues. I'm surprised you had cleaning issues with your Lift, I thought they were supposed to really good in that regard.

Someone has asked GFL when the large version was coming and they said they're aiming for May! I can't wait!

May?! Post sale, damn should I wait?

Was going to get an amethyst, but one of them or fuschia one like your plate, but did you say yours is actually a darker purple in person? Hard to tell by photos!

SquirrelMaster

May?! Post sale, damn should I wait?

Was going to get an amethyst, but one of them or fuschia one like your plate, but did you say yours is actually a darker purple in person? Hard to tell by photos!

I just PM'd you but I've always thought mine was darker however the grinder preview tool makes the plate on their website look like a much more "purply" or amethyst color then mine which appears more fuchsia like you say.

I'll post more pictures in the thread here tomorrow because I haven't pulled it out in a little bit so now I'm questioning my memory.

That's a tough call on waiting. If you plan to get one of their large grinders eventually and at that point won't have the need for a large and two regulars then I would hold off. They didn't 100% confirm that it would be released in May yet so it could end up being a little later but the fact that they're giving any date at all and a month target date probably means they won't be far off. I am so bloody excited!

SquirrelMaster

Here are some pictures for anyone else besides @Shit Snacks that is interested in the more fuchsia looking amethyst plate. My main grinder is sapphire, the fine plate is sky blue and the coarse plate is amethyst. These were all made around 420 of 2019 when the amethyst plate wasn't listed on the website. I have to laugh because I feel like they're terrible pictures with the random stuff but no one (outside of Canada) wants a bunch of pictures with our Monopoly money :lol:.There are multiples of the same setup just to show how the anodizing looks at different angles. It's such a gorgeous looking grinder, I can't stress that enough.

Shit Snacks

Here are some pictures for anyone else besides @Shit Snacks that is interested in the more fuchsia looking amethyst plate. My main grinder is sapphire, the fine plate is sky blue and the coarse plate is amethyst. These were all made around 420 of 2019 when the amethyst plate wasn't listed on the website. I have to laugh because I feel like they're terrible pictures with the random stuff but no one (outside of Canada) wants a bunch of pictures with our Monopoly money :lol:.There are multiples of the same setup just to show how the anodizing looks at different angles. It's such a gorgeous looking grinder, I can't stress that enough.

Thanks again bud!

They also sent me a clip of the current amethyst shade available on Instagram, subtle difference:

Screenshot-20200415-102111.png

Screenshot-20200415-102100.png

I still think I want the fuchsia but I am having trouble making a final decision as per usual... I know it when they come out with the large one I will be picking up a hematite then at least? lol

Shit Snacks

i wonder if they are going to offer it in orange like the one sneaky pete showed ...

Yeah that would be cool too, I decided on the more fuchsia light amethyst like @SquirrelMaster's early version in the end. Then yeah hematite for a large version someday... Perhaps if orange exists then, and I like the medium played as much as I like the fine plate, I may get a spare plate in that shade...

99944nt

Just ordered a sapphire but orange is my shiiet.. imma have to order at least a second plate in orange if it releases

99944nt,

Summer

Long Island, NY
i wonder if they are going to offer it in orange like the one sneaky pete showed ...

I agree that if you want that color you should contact GFL & ask to change your order. To me, it looks more like a pumpkin spice orange than a true orange. I think it's beautiful.

They also sent me a clip of the current amethyst shade available on Instagram, subtle difference:

I think it's more than a subtle difference. While the 1st one is a bold fuschia purple (a lot of blue in it), this ametjyst is a lavender purple. Yum!

I still think I want the fuchsia but I am having trouble making a final decision as per usual.

Yes, SS, as per usual. :cool:

I know it when they come out with the large one I will be picking up a hematite then at least?

IIRC, the hematite was revised to remove the blue hue to make it more gray? if so, orange & amethyst would look terrific with it.

If I were to get another combination, for sure it would be the new amethyst with amethyst, sapphire & emerald grinding plates. :drool:

I think the Ruby is stunning; I'm just not a red person. & I think the Rose Gold leans too pink. It needs more of a copper hue in it. And I think the brown color of the Ghost MV-1 Black (not Stealth) would also be a successful addition.

Playing with the Color Previewer is addictive. :nod:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I agree that if you want that color you should contact GFL & ask to change your order. To me, it looks more like a pumpkin spice orange than a true orange. I think it's beautiful.

I think it's more than a subtle difference. While the 1st one is a bold fuschia purple (a lot of blue in it), this ametjyst is a lavender purple. Yum!

Yes, SS, as per usual. :cool:

IIRC, the hematite was revised to remove the blue hue to make it more gray? if so, orange & amethyst would look terrific with it.

If I were to get another combination, for sure it would be the new amethyst with amethyst, sapphire & emerald grinding plates. :drool:

I think the Ruby is stunning; I'm just not a red person. & I think the Rose Gold leans too pink. It needs more of a copper hue in it. And I think the brown color of the Ghost MV-1 Black (not Stealth) would also be a successful addition.

Playing with the Color Previewer is addictive. :nod:

Yeah I think there were three versions of hematite, the first being darker closer to onyx, the second having the blue hue more of a slate blue (I actually am in love with this one and might have to request it now that I know that's possible?), and yeah I think the current one is more of a solid neutral dark gray... Also very nice, and you're right it would be more if a neutral compliment to my other colors (though the plates would not be swappable if it is a larger size, someone said 2.7inches?)

Anyone have a screenshot of the orange? I don't remember if I even saw it, but it sounds a little familiar... So true you can't go wrong with any of the colors, there was an earlier darker rose gold that was nice too I think, scrolling through their Instagram you can see a lot of the different variety, but the lighting affects it so much too lol

I also like how they changed the name of sky blue to aquamarine actually, fits in with the rest of the precious gem naming style, pretty fun!

flammy

BCG is 10%-off now for 420.

In the very beginning of the vid. is a color combination of amethyst, black & sapphire. :drool:

@Rollingstoned, what don't you like about the Lift?

Love that orange BCG. Anyone notice that the plate comparison at 00:58 was incorrect? Showed two fine plates and a coarse plate and while leaving out the medium.

the blades get very gunky and it’s nearly impossible to clean without having to soak in ISO. Also the customer service department is the worst I have ever dealt with in my whole time I’ve been involved in the industry. They kept asking me questions over and over, as if he’s a cop. I have recommended their product countless of times, and will no longer support a company like that

I have a Lift in addition to my BCG. The Lift is my daily driver and I've had it almost a year now. I've deep cleaned with ISO one time due to the resin buildup. This said, when resin builds up on the blades, its actually quite easy to manage that. I use the included guitar pick and scrape the flat blade. I then take those chips and press them into a resin puck. I don't see it being possible to do that with the resin that can build up on traditional grinder teeth. Additionally, I've had really good interactions with the Lift team...sorry you didn't experience the same.

This said, I firmly believe that both are fantastic grinders. Heads and shoulders above their competition.

Yeah I think there were three versions of hematite, the first being darker closer to onyx, the second having the blue hue more of a slate blue (I actually am in love with this one and might have to request it now that I know that's possible?), and yeah I think the current one is more of a solid neutral dark gray... Also very nice, and you're right it would be more if a neutral compliment to my other colors (though the plates would not be swappable if it is a larger size, someone said 2.7inches?)

Anyone have a screenshot of the orange? I don't remember if I even saw it, but it sounds a little familiar... So true you can't go wrong with any of the colors, there was an earlier darker rose gold that was nice too I think, scrolling through their Instagram you can see a lot of the different variety, but the lighting affects it so much too lol

I also like how they changed the name of sky blue to aquamarine actually, fits in with the rest of the precious gem naming style, pretty fun!

I have the hermatite with blue hue and I love it. Depending on the lighting, it can look like dark grey or dark blue. Its a classy looking color.

The orange color should be featured as the screen shot for the video itself. Just uncollapse the first quote that I have in this post...it contains the vid for convenience.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

SS, watch SP's vid. I posted above on this page to see the orange color. (I guess I should now call it Fire Opal. :p)

Haha cute name, it may even be a copper bronze or brass, those don't have the same ring though do they? Opals are gorgeous, like Uncut Gems lol

Why? What difference does it make?

Must have misunderstood each other, the large size will be 2.7 in, while the ones I have are the standard 2.2 in, so the plates won't fit in the larger one, right?

Love that orange BCG. Anyone notice that the plate comparison at 00:58 was incorrect? Showed two fine plates and a coarse plate and while leaving out the medium.

I have a Lift in addition to my BCG. The Lift is my daily driver and I've had it almost a year now. I've deep cleaned with ISO one time due to the resin buildup. This said, when resin builds up on the blades, its actually quite easy to manage that. I use the included guitar pick and scrape the flat blade. I then take those chips and press them into a resin puck. I don't see it being possible to do that with the resin that can build up on traditional grinder teeth. Additionally, I've had really good interactions with the Lift team...sorry you didn't experience the same.

This said, I firmly believe that both are fantastic grinders. Heads and shoulders above their competition.

I have the hermatite with blue hue and I love it. Depending on the lighting, it can look like dark grey or dark blue. Its a classy looking color.

The orange color should be featured as the screen shot for the video itself. Just uncollapse the first quote that I have in this post...it contains the vid for convenience.

Thanks! I did see that before, appreciate the repost! Also the thoughts on the Lift, I've been tempted by that one and the United Machining one, but here I got another BCG instead since they're so gorgeous (not to mention cheaper)

caliganja420

hey Flammy, so I have realized that the Lift has many problems, with the product and company. The lift which is 6061 aluminum is very low grade, compared to 7075 used in the BC. They are very easy to ding up (you will have scratches everywhere) and they flake aluminum, there are a lot of spots in my grinder where it’s silver, a lot of black is just gone. (I have never dropped or scratched my grinder) That’s a huge mistake they made and allows my grinder to accumulate A LOT of sticky gunk on the blades and screen. I just tried to clean it and it was almost 1mm thick of gunk on the stainless screen and under neath the blade, as well as where you place the herb and it gets grinded, that’s fucking thick with gunk man, I have never seen this accumulation before, as if there is heat in there when it’s grinding and it’s melting to the metal. They are completely overprice, like waaaaay to overpriced. Customer service is down the shitter line, I have asked countless times for small discounts and they have always denied it. I’ve never seen a company that doesn’t do sales or price cuts, terrible standard. Their indie gogo campaign was a total fiasco and literally embarrassing (fuck them). I’ve been in the industry for a few years and have dealt with nearly every vaping company out there, I’ve never experienced a customer service so bad.... ever. Very rude fuckers and I have referred at least 30 customers to them, I always fight with people on Reddit about how there can’t be a grinder better then the lift, and I literally talked about it every single day, they show no respect and can go to hell brother

SquirrelMaster

If I had to choose one color for my favorite BCG it would be a Sapphire/Emerald/Red/Orange/Amethyst/Sky Blue :lol:.

I always planned to go Emerald for my next purchase but that orange is b-e-a-utiful! Frick they're all beautiful, nothing compares to the raw beauty of this grinder. There was an orange Santa Cruz I was looking at before that the orange BCG reminds me of.

@ShitSnacks
You must have asked them about the larger size I presume?

Shit Snacks

If I had to choose one color for my favorite BCG it would be a Sapphire/Emerald/Red/Orange/Amethyst/Sky Blue :lol:.

I always planned to go Emerald for my next purchase but that orange is b-e-a-utiful! Frick they're all beautiful, nothing compares to the raw beauty of this grinder. There was an orange Santa Cruz I was looking at before that the orange BCG reminds me of.

@ShitSnacks
You must have asked them about the larger size I presume?

SkyBlue Aquamarine* ;):whip:

I actually did not ask about it at all, just said that I would probably be grabbing Hematite when the large version is available :rofl:

Top Bottom