Brilliant Cut Grinder

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
Yeah. The price is a bit high...but that seems to be normal for a startup. At least at first.

...imo $99cnd it's not that high if your in Canada... your more or less paying that for any other 'quality' grinder... average price for grinders in cnd is about $75-$100, so i don't think they are off that far, especially if the quality is there in materials and craftsmanship... (am i even aloud to say craftsman anymore?? :lol:)

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@lazylathe, that I meant. Nevertheless the name is so similar there could be a mistaking with ease. I don't know US trademark rights but as a lawyer I'm sure in Germany nearly every court would see a trademark violation in that. Just pointing this out to prevent any law issues. He should think about or better let check it by a local lawyer.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
This thing looks really nice! Is there any word on when it's going to be released for sale yet though?

Also @lazylathe I know you said the company's from British Columbia, do you know if the grinder is going to be made there also, or is it going to be made in China?

I'd like to hear the answer to that question as well.

...imo $99cnd it's not that high if your in Canada... your more or less paying that for any other 'quality' grinder... average price for grinders in cnd is about $75-$100, so i don't think they are off that far, especially if the quality is there in materials and craftsmanship... (am i even aloud to say craftsman anymore?? :lol:)

Valid point. If it's made locally to me, in the US or Canada, that would increase it's value for me as well.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
As promised, here are some machine shots and work in progress pics!
100% Canadian made by Canadians!

The workhorse! CNC Milling machine.
2ywzct2.jpg

Middle section of my Beta grinder being milled.
1y7aeu.jpg

And the underside locking mechanism
dd182u.jpg

Milling the design on the top
10gl5x4.jpg

I like the customized jigs for repeatability and ease of setup! Love the vice!!

Have some more to upload in a while!
This Imgur thing is bugging me, so slowly switching to Tinypic.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Here is the grind i prefer from the fine grinder.
This is some Blue Sapphire.
I load small nugs and then close the grinder and start turning it upside down before starting to grind.
This gives me the perfect fluffy grind that does not compact down like the GR8TR during a hit.

With the new revisions, no upside down turning is required for this type of grind!

hx5gkw.jpg

Since a grind consistency is hard to judge, i place a q-tip over it, everyone pretty much knows how thick they are!LOL!
15p48w4.jpg

szai

I load small nugs and then close the grinder and start turning it upside down before starting to grind.
This gives me the perfect fluffy grind that does not compact down like the GR8TR during a hit.

With the new revisions, no upside down turning is required for this type of grind!

hx5gkw.jpg

Since a grind consistency is hard to judge, i place a q-tip over it, everyone pretty much knows how thick they are!LOL!
15p48w4.jpg

I prefer the gr8tr medium grind for most of my Vapes especially my vapcaps. Which of their models should I get?

Do you know when the 4 piece one is coming out?

szai,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

hx5gkw.jpg

15p48w4.jpg

Well, I like the look of that grind!
Fuuuuuuck. Now I'm gonna have to get one of these damn things...

lazylathe

Almost there...
These look great. I've filled with grinder designs now and then but i think I'll just get one of these.
I've noticed that when i stir a stem the hits are much denser. I finally realized the stirring is grinding the herb and making it more uniform. A good grind is key

Excellent point!
Too fine of a grind and it packs down quickly and can easily overheat.
Too coarse and a lot of surfaces are protected from direct hot air contact and a stir is required.
Get the grind just right and you get everything out in one hit!

A good, consistent grind is very important!

Summer

Long Island, NY
@lazylathe, you know, it sounds as if you know the manufacture in a more intimate way than just having hooked up with him through IG & becoming a beta tester with a fine & med. grinder prototype & a wealth of info. about the grinder noted in the vl thread you started:

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/63497 *Read the top, 1st post.

Is he a friend or a bother-in-law or something? I have no problem if he is. With how the unveiling of this grinder has gone so far, it may very well turn out to be a top-tier grinder. So the hype is real.

And, I don't know why he doesn't have a manufacturer presence on this thread, but is posting up a storm of pics on IG, or is that you posting the pics?

Now, what I need to know is if the silver is anodized like the sapphire color or is it just untreated, a-la-natural aluminum? And what is the warranty for the anodized finish? Cause you know, if there's any type of eroding of anodization over time buyers are gonna seek resolution.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@lazylathe, you know, it sounds as if you know the manufacture in a more intimate way than just having hooked up with him through IG & becoming a beta tester with a fine & med. grinder prototype & a wealth of info. about the grinder noted in the vl thread you started:

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/63497 *Read the top, 1st post.

Is he a friend or a bother-in-law or something? I have no problem if he is. With how the unveiling of this grinder has gone so far, it may very well turn out to be a top-tier grinder. So the hype is real.

And, I don't know why he doesn't have a manufacturer presence on this thread, but is posting up a storm of pics on IG, or is that you posting the pics?

Now, what I need to know is if the silver is anodized like the sapphire color or is it just untreated, a-la-natural aluminum? And what is the warranty for the anodized finish? Cause you know, if there's any type of eroding of anodization over time buyers are gonna seek resolution.

Wow!!!
Summer, summer, summer...
I have been watching you since you first arrived on the scene a while ago and got the feeling you are too active on all the forums all of a sudden but did not make any comment. Now you come up with this, unfounded criticism with absolutely ZERO evidence at all!
I live about 3000 kms from the manufacturer and have never met him/her/them! In fact, I do not even know who I am talking to... Mever exchanged names.

If you would like to feel better about yourself and possibly be less apt to jump to unfounded conclusions, I would be most happy to screenshot my conversations with the manufacturer.

As you can see, I posted to a few forums for their sake, not mine. I like their product as it it's totally unique.
You can see I have invited @theDiamondCutGrinder to the thread and they said they must get on here and have a presence. With all the updates etc we have given them, they have been a bit busy...

No idea about your question, I will ask.

ps: you missed the Vapor Asylum...lol!!!

Summer

Long Island, NY
Now you come up with this, unfounded criticism with absolutely ZERO evidence at all!

First off, if you re-read my post again, I am in no way criticizing. It's just that you put yourself in the position of acting as intermediary for the manufacture since you posted about this grinder's existence & have successively posted about it's ongoing development. So, to me, my question is fair & valid. A simple answer would have sufficed. I don't need any sort of documentation. I trust your reply.

ps: you missed the Vapor Asylum...lol!!!

I'll be sure to check out. ;)

Here's another link to another grinder with pretty much the same name. I think all 3, this, yours & the other diamond cut one referenced above does present name confusion. I just googled diamond cut grinder & this was one of of the 1st that came up, & it's in the same anodized sapphire blue:

http://www.diamond-grind.com/

I have been watching you since you first arrived on the scene a while ago and got the feeling you are too active on all the forums all of a sudden but did not make any comment.

Now as far am me being too active on the forum, I'm active in all the threads I'm interested in, now & in the foreseeable future. I'm no more active than many other members, and there are many other members who are much more active than I. And with all due respect, why does my forum activity have anything to do with your commenting? :hmm:

No idea about your question, I will ask.

Thank you.

Edited to add: I hope he will post pics of the coarse grind. Maybe something like a dime or quarter next to a pile of the grind on a sheet of copy paper.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
First off, if you re-read my post again, I am in no way criticizing. It's just that you put yourself in the position of acting as intermediary for the manufacture since you posted about this grinder's existence & have successively posted about it's ongoing development. So, to me, my question is fair & valid. A simple answer would have sufficed. I don't need any sort of documentation. I trust your reply.

I'll be sure to check out. ;)

Here's another link to another grinder with pretty much the same name. I think all 3, this, yours & the other diamond cut one referenced above does present name confusion. I just googled diamond cut grinder & this was one of of the 1st that came up, & it's in the same anodized sapphire blue:

http://www.diamond-grind.com/

Now as far am me being too active on the forum, I'm active in all the threads I'm interested in, now & in the foreseeable future. I'm no more active than many other members, and there are many other members who are much more active than I. And with all due respect, why does my forum activity have anything to do with your commenting? :hmm:

Thank you.

Firstly, If you know anything about me or have read a lot of my posts, you would have seen in many I mention I am born and raised in South Africa and now Live in Canada.
The manufacturers are from British Columbia Canada. Just a bit of background info for you.
Secondly, that type of question would have been better put in PM. Then if I was playing possum, go ahead and let the world know!

I am en enthusiastic vaporist and want to see the best products make it into our hands.
If I find something interesting in my travels I post it here for all to see and give their thoughts on.
Community involvement and bringing the smaller manufacturer to the forefront is something I love doing!

As for the name, once again, not my product but a great place to ask!
I have asked them about the other diamond named grinder and they said they would look into it. I have not heard anything about it since.
Also remember that the grinder is called:
"The Diamond Cut Grinder" nothing shorter or longer and as far as I know, there is no other grinder with that name. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Once again, I will try and post any updates I get although as you mentioned, they are ramping up their IG presence! I can only say that this is most likely due to them having a grinder they are more confident in now because of all the ideas and help they have received from our community.

So to roundup, once and for all:
I found them on IG, first post in the thread, contacted them on IG and chatted about design and changes, I recommended FC as a great place to get ideas, was sent a beta grinder and after lots of community input the design was modified and it appears they are ramping up production and are ready for the big league!
And anything made in Canada is exciting for me, as I am sure made is USA is for you!

Hopefully we have cleared this up and can continue to talk about the grinder?

Summer

Long Island, NY
@lazylathe, even if you had mentioned it I wouldn't have internalized where you were born or where you currently live. Once again I didn't ask for you to justify yourself. I only asked if there were a deeper relationship than you initially revealed between your & the mfr. As I believe, fair & valid question. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought this. Thank you for answering my question. And, btw, any question I ask that affect purchasing a product, I will only ask above board, not in a pm, for all my fellow thread members to see.

And I'm very glad you are are very excited over this product as it seems many of us are. And although not a USA product, I'm psyched about this being a Canadian product because of the workmanship quality I'm gonna expect from it. :peace:

Now if you can get my 2 requests fulfilled/answered in my last post, I would be appreciative.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@lazylathe, even if you had mentioned it I wouldn't have internalized where you were born or where you currently live. Once again I didn't ask for you to justify yourself. I only asked if there were a deeper relationship than you initially revealed between your & the mfr. As I believe, fair & valid question. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought this. Thank you for answering my question. And I'm very glad you are are very excited over this product as it seems many of us are. And although not a USA product, I'm psyched about this being a Canadian product because of the workmanship quality I'm gonna expect from it. :peace:

Now if you can get my 2 requests fulfilled/answered in my last post, I would be appreciative.

This is the internet and one can read a post in any tone...
Yours came across as if I was trying to hide something, I did not appreciate the way it was worded.

I will ask your question but there is a 3 hour time difference between myself and BC.
When i have an answer I will provide it.

One other thing, I LOVE semantics... My problem I know but your last sentence also bothers me...LOL!

lazylathe

Almost there...
@lazylathe

All the grinders will be anodized, no bare metal anywhere.

The name is also being changed to:
Stona Herb Grinder.

Just the way you phrased it...

@Stu
Would you be able to change the thread title to:
Stona Herb Grinder?

Summer

Long Island, NY
@lazylathe, please relay that I'd still like to know how the anodization is covered by the warranty. & I'd like to see a pic of all the grinds on a contrasting background color that will show each grind clearly & the 3 sizes in comparison to each other. Like this pic you took of the medium grind just not in the grinder.

15wj5lh.jpg

There's no rush to have my requests fulfilled as the grinder isn't ready for sale yet.

Thank you.

Summer,

lazylathe

Almost there...

hx5gkw.jpg

15p48w4.jpg
@Summer Posted above a few days ago.

lazylathe

Almost there...
The STONA Grinder

Just a few updates to share!

The grinder is still in Beta stage as all the design changes are incorporated and tested.
Some minor adjustments are still being made to perfect the grinder.
It looks as though they will all be interchangeable as well, so a nice reduction in cost as well!
All grinders will be fully anodized, even the ones that appear to be bare metal.
Most important is the name change as this clears up any possible confusion with other grinders.
No date for release yet. It appears as if the Stona Grinder people are nice and picky! Just like us1

And an update from my side of things as a user!
I have had the grinders for 2 weeks now and have mainly been using the Fine grinder.
It has seen various types of bud from bone dry to correctly stored bud and some really sticky icky!
No problems grinding anything i threw into it. Always an easy, no jamming action!
I have yet to clean it out properly and have just been giving it a quick brush.

This is what 2 weeks looks like
2a5alo0.jpg

Looking very interesting. :tup:
I wonder where this "ring" of contaminants is coming from? Any idea? Should the second row of teeth on the lid be slightly beveled maybe?

Top Bottom