• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Boundless Tera

Notacaveman

Had zero intentions of getting yet another vaporiser but a Tera is on the way thanks to the enabler who posted the coupon code.:clap:(just joking choices thanks for the great deal!)
20 dollars shipping to the UK so 80 dollars all in, pretty excited to try it out! Brand new full convection portable with replaceable batteries for around 60 pounds, can't go wrong! (I hope).

Petetbay

Had zero intentions of getting yet another vaporiser but a Tera is on the way thanks to the enabler who posted the coupon code.:clap:(just joking choices thanks for the great deal!)
20 dollars shipping to the UK so 80 dollars all in, pretty excited to try it out! Brand new full convection portable with replaceable batteries for around 60 pounds, can't go wrong! (I hope).
Looks like the Tera just knocked the Xmax V3Pro off the top of the best value convection vape. There’s something coming from Boundless for them to discount the Tera so much imo, I know they were working on a CFX2.

Robert-in-YEG

What I really like about the Tera is that if I don't use the vape, the herb doesn't cook.

It doesn't matter how many times I run a bowl at the highest temperature, there is never any black scorched herb. I have not seen that with any of my other vapes.

Robert-in-YEG

inspirational-quotes-life-whatever-life-gives-you.jpg

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I ran my Tera in concentrate mode 500`F vaping hash in my early days with the Tera using the wpa
That may cause problems, I never bothered too much with concentrates in this convection heavy device, too many other devices better at that job for me.
More is always better?
5grams in 1x Plenty bowl takes some beating, the Tera is the only vape that comes close for a knock-out blow!
Any simple fix?
A S$B Mighty screen fits with a nice interference fit or just cut one from a larger mesh screen to do the job.
I am a firm believer in owning as many different vapes as possible as I only have 1x strain of pot to consume, different ways to consume help tolerance.

Sean-C

Hi Everyone! I just got a Tera V3 and I did a few burn offs last night, all at 500f both with the mouthpiece on and off. I also soaked the plastic mouthpiece and mouthpiece pieces in iso for 10 mins and let them dry before doing the burn offs.

I got an Arizer bent stem and a CF mouthpiece to mod the Tera mouthpiece (I was looking for a mouthpiece replacement that can be used with the magnetic top). And I got some Firefly 2 Concentrate Pads (the Mighty concentrate pads weren't in stock and I read some posts saying the Firefly 2 concentrate pads were comparable and they'd occasionally get better praise.

Are there any tips or any before first use things that I should be aware of?

And can anyone give me some tips regarding modding the mouthpieces?

Also, the clicking the main button 3 times flips the screen when it goes into concentrate mode sometimes, should I be worried about that? And the side button that's supposed to flip it, sometimes toggles between concentrate and dry herb mode. It only does it at first and then it'll stop for some reason.

I have only used it for the burn offs so far so I'm hoping it is something that doesn't keep happening.

I know people have reported software issues with these and stuff and I don't want to end up sticking with a defective unit or anything like that lol. But if it's a minor thing that is normal then I don't want to go through the hassle of getting a replacement and being without a unit for days.

Any advice or info would be awesome!

Sorry for all the questions! I'm new to the vape world and the Tera V3 and my Dynavap M 2021 are my first pieces 😀

Robert-in-YEG

Hi Everyone! I just got a Tera V3 and I did a few burn offs last night, all at 500f both with the mouthpiece on and off. I also soaked the plastic mouthpiece and mouthpiece pieces in iso for 10 mins and let them dry before doing the burn offs.

I got an Arizer bent stem and a CF mouthpiece to mod the Tera mouthpiece (I was looking for a mouthpiece replacement that can be used with the magnetic top). And I got some Firefly 2 Concentrate Pads (the Mighty concentrate pads weren't in stock and I read some posts saying the Firefly 2 concentrate pads were comparable and they'd occasionally get better praise.

Are there any tips or any before first use things that I should be aware of?

Also, the clicking the main button 3 times flips the screen when it goes into concentrate mode sometimes, should I be worried about that? And the side button that's supposed to flip it, sometimes toggles between concentrate and dry herb mode. It only does it at first and then it'll stop for some reason.

I have only used it for the burn offs so far so I'm hoping it is something that doesn't keep happening.

I know people have reported software issues with these and stuff and I don't want to end up sticking with a defective unit or anything like that lol. But if it's a minor thing that is normal then I don't want to go through the hassle of getting a replacement and being without a unit for days.

Any advice or info would be awesome!

Sorry for all the questions! I'm new to the vape world and the Tera V3 and my Dynavap M 2021 are my first pieces 😀
Hi Sean

Like you, a new Tera arrived for me in the past week. It is generally agreed that this is a good vape; you've made a solid investment.

Here is what I can say.

It goes through batteries quickly; you will want spares.

The unit works with just about anything in the bowl, but coarsely ground, moderately packed works well. It will also cook small popcorn nuggets will work, but breaking them up, might give you more vapour. This is a pretty accepting vape when it comes to packing, but you will find what works best for you.

There is a little screen at the bottom of the bowl that will come out when you empty the vape. The screen is important to keep bits of flower and junk out of the bottom of the bowl, my suggestion is to leave in place. It is a bit of a pain, but not the end of the world.

Be careful with the WPA; it gets very hot. Being metal, when hit, it can't be good for the vape. I really like using the WPA with this vape, I just use with patience and caution.

Being a conduction vape, if you don't finish a bowl, it isn't going to get very cooked, unless you are actually drawing on the vape to create air-flow, there is no convection. No convection means no overcooking. It doesn't matter how many repeat sessions, even at maximum, you are unlikely to see any black or scorched AVB. Sure, the first heat-up probably tastes the best, but the leftovers are still going to be fairly tasty.

At the bottom of the vape is an air hole. If you partially cover this hole as you draw, restricting airflow creates denser vapour. For me, this creates stronger psychoactive effects. Every person is unique, what you experience may be completely different.

Look around, search, and explore. Welcome to FC.

Robert-in-YEG

364354ef15f3ebcf34ce0d0523a1b0f6.png

LesPlenty

Company Rep
There is a little screen at the bottom of the bowl that will come out when you empty the vape.
As stated replace with a wire mesh Mighty screen or similar (I used the plate disc filter that keeps falling out as a template to cut out an interference fit screen)
I use these a lot to improve a lot of vapes,
Being a conduction vape,
You have that the wrong way around, this is a convection heavy device with a little conduction.
The batteries that come standard are pretty good, upgrading to Sony VT6 or LG HG2 will get you 3 or 4 more sessions than standard which is around a dozen sessions per charge.
1630942285595.jpg
Push the Arizer stem mouthpiece first, up through the glass attachment magnetic holder...makes a nice mouthfeel and you can fill the glass stem with terp pearls for extra cooling if you like (I just turn the temp down myself)
Also, the clicking the main button 3 times flips the screen
The main button should only change to Concentrate mode when clicked 3 times, side button 3 clicks for screen flip, if the problem persists and was definitely not you pushing the buttons accidentally, get a replacement...no rush as you have 3 years warranty to cover it.
The WPA is fine and dandy to use, I just recommend not using concentrate mode with it as some have had problems with the mating vape surface cracking and it is not great with concentrates anyway.

Robert-in-YEG

You have that the wrong way around, this is a convection heavy device with a little conduction.
You are correct, my brain isn't processing correctly at the moment. I am experiencing some psychoactive effects. My bad! Coincidentally, the Tera has contributed to those effects.

This is a CONVECTION vape. That was my intended message.

Robert-in-YEG

0778ba717c0226302058435a306ef91b.jpeg

Petetbay

That does not sound good. I had a new unit once where the power button was faulty and the unit would switch to concentrate mode or start heating on its own. Later it would turn on and heat up from off, sitting on my desk it buzzes that it reached temp, very scary. The retailer replaced it no problem and made me a deal that I kept all the accessories(batteries, mp’s, screens) and I paid to ship back just the device. Since you have a new one better to try get the retailer to replace rather than going warranty route(unless the retailer is Boundless). I have been very pleased with the quality of the Tera and its buttons, but sometimes you can get a bad one(not just talking Teras).

Last edited:

gangababa

I am usually the last to arrive at the party, therefore this may be old news.
Perhaps this is true of other vapes as well. The following is true of my Tera V3.

When batteries are installed, the Tera automatically powers up without illuminating the LCD screen. Thus the user may not notice unless a button is pressed. When batteries are replaced, the Tera needs to be turned off, unless you are using it immediately.

Robert-in-YEG

I am usually the last to arrive at the party, therefore this may be old news.
Perhaps this is true of other vapes as well. The following is true of my Tera V3.

When batteries are installed, the Tera automatically powers up without illuminating the LCD screen. Thus the user may not notice unless a button is pressed. When batteries are replaced, the Tera needs to be turned off, unless you are using it immediately.
I will have to check my unit.

The Tera is good, but it hasn't excited me yet. I've noticed that the batteries get hot under heavy use, and I haven't been impressed with battery life. It seems similar to the Solo II and the Flowermate Pro in that they are powered by dual 18650 power sources.

Robert-in-YEG

"It's hard to work in groups when you're omnipotent."
- Q., Star Trek: The Next Generation

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: BigJr48

pop22

I will have to check my unit.

The Tera is good, but it hasn't excited me yet. I've noticed that the batteries get hot under heavy use, and I haven't been impressed with battery life. It seems similar to the Solo II and the Flowermate Pro in that they are powered by dual 18650 power sources.

Robert-in-YEG

"It's hard to work in groups when you're omnipotent."
- Q., Star Trek: The Next Generation
Convection vapes use more power it's as simple as that. Your not going to get long battery life from a convection vape it takes a lot of power to heat air hot enough to then heat and vaporize the cannabinoids. What you do get with the Tera is a powerful convection vape capable of producing a lot of vapor. Like everything, it's a trade off. I've owned most of the top end vapes and I'll take the Tera over any of them.

Sean-C

That does not sound good. I had a new unit once where the power button was faulty and the unit would switch to concentrate mode or start heating on its own. Later it would turn on and heat up from off, sitting on my desk it buzzes that it reached temp, very scary. The retailer replaced it no problem and made me a deal that I kept all the accessories(batteries, mp’s, screens) and I paid to ship back just the device. Since you have a new one better to try get the retailer to replace rather than going warranty route(unless the retailer is Boundless). I have been very pleased with the quality of the Tera and its buttons, but sometimes you can get a bad one(not just talking Teras).
Thanks for your insight! The issues ended up getting worse and the buttons became more unpredictable and were doing stuff they definitely weren't supposed to lol. I've called the website I got it from (Vapor.com) and they are checking out the vid I sent and they're going to hopefully replace it. Unfortunately, it's pretty unusable with the current issues so I'm hoping it'll be replaced with as little hassle as possible.

I read at some point in this thread, that someone who got a faulty Tera got theirs replaced and got to keep the accessories from the defective unit. Does anyone know how they made that happen? It'd be awesome to have some extra batteries and stuff and, since it's defective, I doubt and hope they wouldn't be reselling it lol.

Hi Sean

Like you, a new Tera arrived for me in the past week. It is generally agreed that this is a good vape; you've made a solid investment.

Here is what I can say.

It goes through batteries quickly; you will want spares.

The unit works with just about anything in the bowl, but coarsely ground, moderately packed works well. It will also cook small popcorn nuggets will work, but breaking them up, might give you more vapour. This is a pretty accepting vape when it comes to packing, but you will find what works best for you.

There is a little screen at the bottom of the bowl that will come out when you empty the vape. The screen is important to keep bits of flower and junk out of the bottom of the bowl, my suggestion is to leave in place. It is a bit of a pain, but not the end of the world.

Be careful with the WPA; it gets very hot. Being metal, when hit, it can't be good for the vape. I really like using the WPA with this vape, I just use with patience and caution.

Being a conduction vape, if you don't finish a bowl, it isn't going to get very cooked, unless you are actually drawing on the vape to create air-flow, there is no convection. No convection means no overcooking. It doesn't matter how many repeat sessions, even at maximum, you are unlikely to see any black or scorched AVB. Sure, the first heat-up probably tastes the best, but the leftovers are still going to be fairly tasty.

At the bottom of the vape is an air hole. If you partially cover this hole as you draw, restricting airflow creates denser vapour. For me, this creates stronger psychoactive effects. Every person is unique, what you experience may be completely different.

Look around, search, and explore. Welcome to FC.

Robert-in-YEG

View attachment 14923
Thanks for these tips! I'm hopefully getting my Tera replaced but these tips will help a ton when I get the new unit! 😀😀

This forum is so dope. Everyone is so helpful and down to earth!

pop22

Contact the boundless rep here

Thanks for your insight! The issues ended up getting worse and the buttons became more unpredictable and were doing stuff they definitely weren't supposed to lol. I've called the website I got it from (Vapor.com) and they are checking out the vid I sent and they're going to hopefully replace it. Unfortunately, it's pretty unusable with the current issues so I'm hoping it'll be replaced with as little hassle as possible.

I read at some point in this thread, that someone who got a faulty Tera got theirs replaced and got to keep the accessories from the defective unit. Does anyone know how they made that happen? It'd be awesome to have some extra batteries and stuff and, since it's defective, I doubt and hope they wouldn't be reselling it lol.
Contact the Boundless rep here, he was very helpful for my Tera issues.

https://fuckcombustion.com/members/boundless-vape-technology.28198/

I just bought another going to send it to my daughter.

Petetbay

I read at some point in this thread, that someone who got a faulty Tera got theirs replaced and got to keep the accessories from the defective unit. Does anyone know how they made that happen?
Duh, me. It was offered to me by the retailer(Herb Cafe) in our email conversation so to get the issue resolved the quickest way possible, he did need to confirm the issue himself even though he was not successfull in getting it to start up by itself he did observe the other issues with the power button. Yeah I thought that was a good deal, shipping was like $16.
I tried making a video of the automatic startup, but it was too random as it would sit there for hours before the auto-startup.

Last edited:

Sean-C

Duh, me. It was offered to me by the retailer(Herb Cafe) in our email conversation so to get the issue resolved the quickest way possible, he did need to confirm the issue himself even though he was not successfull in getting it to start up by itself he did observe the other issues with the power button. Yeah I thought that was a good deal, shipping was like $16.
I tried making a video of the automatic startup, but it was too random as it would sit there for hours before the auto-startup.
🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️For some reason, I thought I read that somewhere far back in the thread lol my bad!

I'm in the same position at the moment. I just sent a vid to Vapor.com showing the buttons not functioning right, and i'm waiting to hear back about getting a replacement. My unit has turned on by itself twice now but it hasn't started heating up on its own yet. I think that might just be because I noticed that it turned itself on before it started heating itself up.

Much like your situation, I doubt i'd be able to catch the unit turn itself on, without sitting and just staring at it for a few hours lolol and that's not happening 🤣

I'm really hoping Vapor.com will just replace my unit without much hassle, and i'm honestly kind of hoping they'll let me keep the accessories from the faulty unit because it'd be badass to have some extra batteries and all that!😁

Choices

You are correct, my brain isn't processing correctly at the moment. I am experiencing some psychoactive effects. My bad! Coincidentally, the Tera has contributed to those effects.

This is a CONVECTION vape. That was my intended message.

Robert-in-YEG

View attachment 14926
@Robert-in-YEG all you really did was reverse the names of the two. Everything else lined up perfectly. Did it with my kids all the time!

Peace to all,

Choices

Choices,
Reactions: pop22

Choices

My Tera V3 arrived on Monday. Did a fulll charge of the battery pair via the usb. I then did a few 500F burn offs, blowing through the air intake a great deal of the time. The funky smell went away so I decided to try it out, using the glass mouthpiece, a Storz and Bickel dosing cap, and a starting temp of 340F. It was still a bit warm hitting it directly, but what I felt it was most akin to was the vapor I get off of my Splinter V2 running around 30 Watts. Flavorful but not as tasty as the Splinter, but darn close. It really didn’t get noticeably warm until my temp stepping got me up to 380F. I’m glad I picked one up! Can’t wait to try it with an Arizer stem!

Sean-C

Vapor.com finally got back to me after watching the video I sent them showing that my Tera V3 is defective. They sent me a return shipping label to send back my defective unit and once they receive my defective unit they're going to send a replacement Tera V3.

Honestly, I was really hoping they'd send a replacement unit out asap and i'd send my defective unit back asap. Because it'll take 3 business days each way for shipping and on top of that it'll take a day or two to process sending out the replacement.

I'm glad to be able to get a replacement having to wait another week or more to get a replacement for a defective unit when it was out of my control, kind of sucks lol. But i'm hoping for the best and hoping it'll be a quick process.

Unfortunately, they didn't offer to let me keep the accessories that came with the defective unit, (and i'm not sure how i'd even ask that lolol!)

I'll be sending my defective unit back tomorrow, and i'll hopefully get the replacement sometime next week. Wish me luck with this process!

Robert-in-YEG

Just a note about batteries and the Tera v3.

The included batteries are 2500mAH, 30 AMP.

The OEM batteries work best. Maybe more correct, make sure the batteries used are high AMP batteries.

The Tera hasn't hit a sweet spot with me yet; the performance has been inconsistent. One of the things that had been irritating me is the long heat up time. Turns out, I made an assumption, and assumptions never lead to a happy place.

Generally speaking, I don't trust battery ratings; vendors can post anything. While any 18650 should work in the Tera, there is a big difference with the right battery.

I have a lot of NCR18650B batteries that work well in the ArGo Arizer. Actually these are the stock battery and they work best; faster heat up, longer life. They are not a high amp battery. While they work in the Tera, heat up goes to well over 60 seconds, and life span is mediocre.

When using the OEM batteries, heat up is significantly less than 60 seconds, and battery life is OK.

Robert-in-YEG

"Did you check the specs?"
~ Someone wise

Pukka

Just a note about batteries and the Tera v3.

The included batteries are 2500mAH, 30 AMP.

The OEM batteries work best. Maybe more correct, make sure the batteries used are high AMP batteries.

The Tera hasn't hit a sweet spot with me yet; the performance has been inconsistent. One of the things that had been irritating me is the long heat up time. Turns out, I made an assumption, and assumptions never lead to a happy place.

Generally speaking, I don't trust battery ratings; vendors can post anything. While any 18650 should work in the Tera, there is a big difference with the right battery.

I have a lot of NCR18650B batteries that work well in the ArGo Arizer. Actually these are the stock battery and they work best; faster heat up, longer life. They are not a high amp battery. While they work in the Tera, heat up goes to well over 60 seconds, and life span is mediocre.

When using the OEM batteries, heat up is significantly less than 60 seconds, and battery life is OK.

Robert-in-YEG

"Did you check the specs?"
~ Someone wise
Molicel P26s have been my Tera gotos along with the original cells. They hit as hard as the oems, ratings are equal and they are cheaper to (bulk)buy.

You make good points. I'd add this: keep your battery sets paired so they age equally together; use a decent (not necessarily expensive) external charger; and keep your worst set of batteries for when you use pass-through charging (the bane of batteries) which atm I can't remember if a Tera does 🙃

Oh, Google BatteryMooch and follow his advice and always store your cells in plastic cell cases

Sean-C

Boundless ended up sending me a new unit asap since Vapor.com had me going through a bunch of hoops to get a replacement and I needed it before I leave for a few week trip this week. Eric from Boundless totally took care of me and I am super happy with their customer service and overall awesomeness lol!

I'm wanting to do a mouthpiece mod, but i'm not sure which mouthpiece would be better to use. Would you guys recommend the Arizer solo stem w/black mouthpiece? Or the Arizer ArGo Glass Aroma tube??

I'm looking for something to add a bit of length to help with the heat from the mouthpiece, but without having it be too crazy long like the regular Arizer stems.

Top Bottom