Boundless Tera

metaldude18

Hello I have been on and off FC for5 years and decided to finally make an account. I am not new to vaping. Originally started with a desktop da buddha in 2011. I have had portables from vapor, thermovape, daVinci. I am really set to buy a Tera after researching the IQ, pax 3 and Argo
First off, has everybody used concentrates in the Tera? How were the results? I prefer to only spend money on a single vape and parts.
Also, are there any promo codes for us based authorized sellers? Like planet of the vapes?
If I use dosing capsules do I have to buy a 5/8 screen mesh for the top or bottom of the oven?
And the top hat arizer style screen is that just to modify the WPA to make the oven capacity smaller?
Thank you. Sorry about the onslaught of questions. I am hoping to place an order by this Friday after finalizing my research.

metaldude18,

Bearded エーティーエム

The Vaping Beardalorian
Hello I have been on and off FC for5 years and decided to finally make an account. I am not new to vaping. Originally started with a desktop da buddha in 2011. I have had portables from vapor, thermovape, daVinci. I am really set to buy a Tera after researching the IQ, pax 3 and Argo
First off, has everybody used concentrates in the Tera? How were the results? I prefer to only spend money on a single vape and parts.

-Concentrates are amazing in this device. You pair it with a glass piece and you will see a whole new side of this beast.

Also, are there any promo codes for us based authorized sellers? Like planet of the vapes?

-Just search Google for codes. Many out there for puffitup ect.

If I use dosing capsules do I have to buy a 5/8 screen mesh for the top or bottom of the oven?

-Oven already has a screen but I don't use it. Not many people do. Full oven for the win.

And the top hat arizer style screen is that just to modify the WPA to make the oven capacity smaller?

-Oven has a screen which you don't have to use. The screen on the mouth piece is just so herb doesn't go up into it.

Thank you. Sorry about the onslaught of questions. I am hoping to place an order by this Friday after finalizing my research.

Read above in the Quote box for my answers. I seriously HIGHLY recommend this device. Cloud beast and flavor is amazing. Just do a few sessions without anything in it.

Bearded エーティーエム,
Reactions: metaldude18

Bearded エーティーエム

The Vaping Beardalorian
Thank you for such a quick and detailed apply!! :) I'm 99% sure I'm set to buy it.
I am just a little concerned about the silicone part that some users have issues with like taste

You're very welcome. And don't worry about that. It's much better in V3 model. And the top 2 things to do for that is do a few HIGH temp sessions without herb. And then if you want, you can set the plastic mouthpiece out in the sun for awhile. But it's not bad at all.

I use the glass mouthpiece. But you can also purchase the Solo stems and or the Flowermate 5 mouthpiece. This device is seriously a taste and cloud killer.

Bearded エーティーエム,

TheResistance

You're very welcome. And don't worry about that. It's much better in V3 model.

I am curious to know how I could tell what version of the Tera that I have. Do you know of any markings or features that could definitely tell if it were a version 3? I received the unit from a trade and I have no idea how to tell. I trust the seller but it would be nice to be able to tell for myself.

Bearded エーティーエム

The Vaping Beardalorian
I am curious to know how I could tell what version of the Tera that I have. Do you know of any markings or features that could definitely tell if it were a version 3? I received the unit from a trade and I have no idea how to tell. I trust the seller but it would be nice to be able to tell for myself.

Yes for sure. The newest V3 model will have a serial number on the bottom. Other little notes would be able to switch the screen led to whichever way you want it to face you ect.

Bearded エーティーエム,
Reactions: TheResistance

TheResistance

Ok thanks! That is what I was told but it was so faint that I had to use a flashlight to be able to see it lol. Probably fading from use.. checked the screen and it does flip then took a closer look at the serial number. Glad to know I have the latest version. Thanks for the help

Bearded エーティーエム

The Vaping Beardalorian
Ok thanks! That is what I was told but it was so faint that I had to use a flashlight to be able to see it lol. Probably fading from use.. checked the screen and it does flip then took a closer look at the serial number. Glad to know I have the latest version. Thanks for the help

You're very welcome. Glad I could help. About to pack a bowl in my Tera now. I can't wait to get some Arizer Solo stems for it.

Bearded エーティーエム,
Reactions: TheResistance

WOLFXXXXX

Drill the wpa out, 19/64 top, 21/64 bottom, gets rid of male option but opens up female a heap, then replace standard disc filter with top hat filter, I use an Arizer Extreme q top hat instead or 12\d16mm dome screens the same, but cheaper,

Extreme Q top hat;

That is after a 5 min flat out sesh, notice the green ring has disappeared.

I use a Mighty Fine mesh screen in my Plenty vapes.:tup:

Les, thanks for the response...

So if I'm understanding correctly - replace the factory screen/filter in the WPA with the top hat style screen/filter (from Arizer or alternatively sourced)? Can I ask how the top hat attaches to the adapter piece? Does it stay firmly in place or is it prone to falling out?

Also, regarding the factory screen in the heating chamber. Which of the S&B size screens (that fit Mighty/Crafty) do you think would work best in the Tera? Is there a need for the coarser size screens to improve airflow? I am trying to understand why people were recommending replacing the factory screen and I believe it had to do with airflow but I'm not certain...

Currently I'm planning to utilize the S&B dosing caps when using thhe device - if that changes anything... Would you also happen to know the max capacity of the dosing caps? .10g / .15g / .20g?

Thanks again...

~WOLF

WOLFXXXXX,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Does it stay firmly in place or is it prone to falling out?
A small squeeze around the rim will tighten it up if it falls off too easily.

I am trying to understand why people were recommending replacing the factory screen and I believe it had to do with airflow but I'm not certain...
The stock screen has a habit of falling out and also clogs a lot, I went with the fine mesh as I don't bother with the S&B capsules.:tup:
Speaaking of,
The Tera has sort of an unofficial V3.1 as the latest version (for a few months now) has a slighty larger (bees dick) oven. This was done to accommodate the interference fit WPA(as apposed to the original magnetic WPA).
Some heavy bong users like myself found the plastic ring above the oven getting cracks due to the overly tight fit of the WPA.
One benefit of the bees dick bigger oven is that S&B caps now fit without getting squashed and stuck unless all standard filters were removed (the occassional cap would still get stuck on the first V3).
Would you also happen to know the max capacity of the dosing caps? .10g / .15g / .20g?

0.25g can fit in the S&B capsule, 0.20g or less works better airflow wise.

All good now, even the new vape robot fart has been pretty well fixed (still benfits from a few "Concentrate " mode burn offs and the black silicon benefits from as sunbake as @Bearded アレン says or a couple hours in the oven at 250f for a bit more of a cure.:tup:

metaldude18

How long do the concentrate pads last? Can one use shatter or wax on the pads or is it solely for oil?
How can one tell they need to replace a pad? I have never used pads in a vape before.

Are there better alternates for concentrate pads like the S&B liquid dosing capsules or S&B or Firefly concentrate pads? Or should I stick with the Boundless Tera pads?

Can I use a 5/8 screen mesh like the Up in Smoke Pipe Screens on Amazon? Or should I just go and buy the more expensive S&B coarse screens?

Do I buy the Mighty or Plenty screens for the Tera?

For the Arizer stem mod, which stem type do I use the Solo 2 or the Argo or does it matter?

If I wanted to replace the silicone gasket, what would be the most appropriate replacement for it? And what is the diameter of the silicone gasket, in mm's if possible?

Thank you. I am definitely buying a Tera this week. I want to get all the accessories knocked out in one order.

metaldude18,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Are there better alternates for concentrate pads like the S&B
The Tera Pad is terrible, get the S&B, same with the filters, Mighty pack of 6?
My Mighty concentrate pad is 12 months old and getting a bit wooly looking but still works fine with any consistency rosin I wipe on it (I use my Mighty pad to clean any oil left on my Ti dabber after a dab, it soon fills up).
I do clean it in a test tube of iso suspended in water in my ultrasonic cleaner after each use to keep things tasty.
All that being said, I do not like concentrates in the Tera, my CF/x S/S pod with cotton is filled the same way as the Mighty pad with done dabber wipes. The conduction seems better suited to the job (the Mighty is better also, even at lower temps)

LesPlenty,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
For bigger jobs (mouthpiece parts etc), I use a beaker with iso and a couple of bits of bamboo wood to keep it centralised over the transducer plate
img_20190604_170322-jpg.9785

I have another piece of wood with a hole just big enough that I can slip a test through that I use for concentrate pads, Arizer Air stems, Vapcaps etc, first in the iso then in the water to rinse.
img_20191023_201801-jpg.13979

img_20191023_180931-jpg.13980

Last edited:

metaldude18

The Tera Pad is terrible, get the S&B, same with the filters, Mighty pack of 6?
My Mighty concentrate pad is 12 months old and getting a bit wooly looking but still works fine with any consistency rosin I wipe on it (I use my Mighty pad to clean any oil left on my Ti dabber after a dab, it soon fills up).
I do clean it in a test tube of iso suspended in water in my ultrasonic cleaner after each use to keep things tasty.
All that being said, I do not like concentrates in the Tera, my CF/x S/S pod with cotton is filled the same way as the Mighty pad with done dabber wipes. The conduction seems better suited to the job (the Mighty is better also, even at lower temps)

Thanks for the reply. Puffitup and Planet of the Vapes are all out of the S&B screens and pads. But, I ordered the Tera today and should get it by this Friday. Nice pics of the cleaning and concentrates btw.

Kurly

after watching Bndless rip thru a couple bowls with Sneaky Pete's Sceptre on their Tera, I had to get it. I ordered on Saturday and got it Monday :clap: and the thing rips. I'm using it with planet vape ca Solo 18mm gong - simply fantastic. You can pull hard and get great airflow, so next up on this setup is a double stack of herb...

btw these orings fit perfectly directly on the arizer compatible stem with no other components required for use. Rated up to 450F.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FN0XX6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hi @notoriousLrg,

Your post is the only one mentioning the Scepter. So, after one year, please can you tell if it is good? Best use case? Planning to use it with the Fury Edge (my first vape... On its way home)

K

Kurly,

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
Your post is the only one mentioning the Scepter. So, after one year, please can you tell if it is good? Best use case? Planning to use it with the Fury Edge (my first vape... On its way home)
K
I currently got 5 vapes in my rotation, and the only way it makes it in my rotation is if I can get the scepter to work with it, I got two scepters so I can always keep 1 clean in the rotation. So yeah, I love it. I don't use it with water. I'm a low temp vaper so the capacity of it is perfect for me. I especially love the curved mouthpiece.

notoriousLrg,

Kurly

I currently got 5 vapes in my rotation, and the only way it makes it in my rotation is if I can get the scepter to work with it, I got two scepters so I can always keep 1 clean in the rotation. So yeah, I love it. I don't use it with water. I'm a low temp vaper so the capacity of it is perfect for me. I especially love the curved mouthpiece.
Hi @notoriousLrg,

Thanks for sharing... And helping me with my buying decision... So it works for cooling the vapor without water too... Good to know.

Cheers

K

metaldude18

Hello, I am a recently new owner of the v3 model? Is it normal for it to shut off 6 times in a period of 14 minutes. It shuts down the heating process every other increased heating I do by temperature increases of about 10 to 12 degree increments I do. I think it might be defective or I might be using it wrong. I have read the instruction manual before hand and watch a few videos on Youtube. Thanks!

metaldude18,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Bumping the temp buttons does not reset the timer like a Mighty.
Time it from turn on to shut off to find the actual run time.:tup:

LesPlenty,

bm96

I just figured out my v3 tera had a plastic screen protector on it from the packaging. It got a bubble underneath and I thought it was a defect under the screen forming possibly from heat, then I pulled off a thin plastic film from the screen when I got a hold of it from the edge. I am guessing people here didn't know to do this to and still have theirs on leading to the screen looking like crap from the plastic being scratched.

YNDhJOL.jpg

bm96,
Top Bottom