Boundless Tera

awmaster10

Sorry if this has been addressed, but if a user is willing to open up the device, re-seat the seal, realign the bowl, and reassemble, will the off gassing issues be solved? Is there nobody yet who was willing to be a guinea pig and do this to a brand new unit, perform 3-5 regular burn offs, and see if the issue is gone?

Just wondering since I have been loosely following the thread and it does not seem clear yet whether the tilted seal and misaligned bowl are the ONLY problems. This device has had my attention since it was announced, and it would be a shame to jump the boat now if its just this problem, which boundless would be able to fix easily in the next production run (and replace the faulty units of all early adopters). Thanks for the info everyone.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Does anyone really think Boundless will just cry “CNY” and throw their manufacturer under the bus publicly...? Then why in the world should you, the consumer, of all people...? They fucked up. Period. And they (hopefully) will fix it.

SpudBob

CNY has a LOT to do with this. Many, even Boundless, were worried that this would be an issue with production deadlines. I believe that Boundless was trying hard to make everyone happy. In retrospect they, probably, should have pushed back production a few weeks to insure that things got done right. Its a well know fact that CNY is a major problem in China re: production timeframes and, even ,quality. Its like the old joke about someone getting a lemon automobile because it was manufactured on Friday or Monday.

A similar old 'myth' esp for eu car manufacturers was the bad quality of so called 'monday products' - statistics clearly disproved that decades ago... Some companys traditionally also shut down 2 weeks over xmas/new year
Not a myth! Human nature!

Last edited by a moderator:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
We are talking about China manufacturing here....not something that has much control within. It is a huge cost to the big corps to continue this process, let alone a tiny little vape producer.

With over $10M annual revenue and more than 200 employees, we're not talking about a tiny vape manufacturer here...

https://smiss.en.alibaba.com/company_profile.html?spm=a2700.8304367.coowfd0405.4.ca356b2aBW7nXM

What's annoying to me is that they keep making the same mistakes over and over, despite our feedback. They seem to start from scratch with every new product, it's always over-engineered with tons of parts, customs molds for everything etc. They are even innovative at times. Yet they still manage to miss the most important point: their devices are not taste/smell neutral out of the box.

But I've been confirmed by my contact that using the herb is absolutely not in their culture. One can go to jail or worse for that over there. So yes, they don't test it with the intended material, they usually just put tobacco inside and that's all.

Testing should have been done by the Boundless team on the other hand, when they received the engineering and pre-production samples.

I don't try to influence anybody, just speaking about the design, what is the problem? you like it and I don't like it, end of the story.

You're talking about a device you've never used! That's like a politician being anti gun when they've never fired a weapon in their life, and never taken classes for firearms. That's synonymous with trying to influence people's opinions on the device without having even tried it.

Just an idea, go and borrow a CF/CFX or the tera once they fix production. Then make an educated observation based on your experience. Don't judge a book by its cover. Hell if you were local I'd say you need to come meet up with me to take a couple rips.

thx1138

sooo, I wear the pointed hat today...I am sure one of the kind folks here told me somewhere that I had the Tera in concentrate mode - 3 clicks and its in or out of that mode
now I scanned the directions for this, and I didn't see it
PIU told me about this just now, so, maybe Boundless and I can both share the blame (actually I am sure its on me, its not that complicated)
Its still stinking up a storm. What with the smoke puffs and the smell, I can't use it.

Last edited:
thx1138,

Razor

What do you guys mean it cant be blamed on the manufacturer? That's silly, of course it can. If you know how it works overthere, this is what happens. They put it together, it gets CQ'd then sent back if its messed up. They didnt do that to say the least. What else are you wanting to blame it on? Whatever you want to, the blame still goes on the manufacturer. There's nothing boundless could have done other than ship everything to them first and check every device by hand. No one is going to do that like I said.

You're right this wasnt a beta test. Why would they check everything they have no reason to believe would be messed up? The companies reputation is not a bad one. These things are known to happen at the exact same time this happened in fact it's happened before. It's not hard to see.

sammuel

What do you guys mean it cant be blamed on the manufacturer? That's silly, of course it can. If you know how it works overthere, this is what happens. They put it together, it gets CQ'd then sent back if its messed up. They didnt do that to say the least. What else are you wanting to blame it on? Whatever you want to, the blame still goes on the manufacturer. There's nothing boundless could have done other than ship everything to them first and check every device by hand. No one is going to do that like I said.

You're right this wasnt a beta test. Why would they check everything they have no reason to believe would be messed up? The companies reputation is not a bad one. These things are known to happen at the exact same time this happened in fact it's happened before. It's not hard to see.

Dude stop defending them like you are are their lawyer, this is awkward
You are suggesting that the issues with the Tera were basically inevitable and poor Boundless have nothing to do with it, no blame no liability nothing, they are merely the SELLER (!!!!) :rofl:

Loyal cheerleader award goes to you :clap:

SpudBob

Dude stop defending them like you are are their lawyer, this is awkward
You are suggesting that the issues with the Tera were basically inevitable and poor Boundless have nothing to do with it, no blame no liability nothing, they are merely the SELLER (!!!!) :rofl:

Loyal cheerleader award goes to you :clap:
Thats NOT what he's saying! He's saying Boundless trusted SMISS to put out a safe product. SMISS screwed up!!! Ultimately, Boundless will have to clean up the mess but SMISS is at fault! By the way aren't you one of the ones that got a good unit??? WTF dude???

sammuel

Thats NOT what he's saying! He's saying Boundless trusted SMISS to put out a safe product. SMISS screwed up!!! Ultimately, Boundless will have to clean up the mess but SMISS is at fault! By the way aren't you one of the ones that got a good unit??? WTF dude???

You may have noticed that my recent posts were about how I like the Tera and my comments about the device, which is what I prefer to discuss here. BUT since this discussion here seems to remain around the issues as more seem to join to report issues, I don't like how some here are trying to divert the fire from the seller to his manufacturer, I will not stand for this nonsense even if I got a good unit (minus the other faults like WPA etc) :nod:

Razor

Seriously I'm just putting out there what happened and explaining why this shouldnt be taken as this company is horrible and thrown under the bus. A lot of people are easy to jump to conclusions when they dont really understand the series of events that is actually supposed to happen against what actually happened. I would do the same in any other situation for anything else.

SOME PEOPLE seem extremely quick to blame when you dont have all the facts. That's not how things are done nor should be done. The fact remains that these guys make good vapes. They're fixing their fuckups. Those of us that got one that actually isnt screwed up are having nothing but good experiences with them.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
seems like there's less than a dozen bad units, why is everyone shitting their pants as if every single unit is going to kill babies?

seriously can we get a show of hands?
who has:
A: Stinky Tera
B: Normal Tera
C: Just a bunch of opinions
Well at this point boundless has already admitted that there is a problem and apologized for it. If it was only a few units I believe they would've said so.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
seems like there's less than a dozen bad units, why is everyone shitting their pants as if every single unit is going to kill babies?

seriously can we get a show of hands?
who has:
A: Stinky Tera
B: Normal Tera
C: Just a bunch of opinions
Here are 2 more choices:

D. Doesn’t care either way and vapes regardless

E. Too scared to bother finding out either way and returned it.

Last edited:
Bologna,
Reactions: BigJr48

sammuel

So I've now started using the device only on the maximum herb temp 428F (swivel mouthpiece), which is the first vape I'm able to do that on without water filtration while not being too unpleasant :clap::tup::leaf:

I'm impressed because I can now reach them last cannabinoids :D

6802593_11709507_299776893479773_3503781149814377712_n.jpg

Likes2vape

@Boundless Vape Technology is handling the problem and while it sucks it is being taken care of. You absolutely can blame Smiss the manufacture but at the end of the day it is up to Boundless to make it right. Boundless is probably all over Smiss right now about this debacle. It makes both of them look bad. Boundless did beta test the Tera as you can see from their live feeds. Let’s give them a chance to make it right if it’s still a stinky beast after they fix it then we can lynch them!

Razor

Quick actual vape question here. Is the heat being measured at the heater or the bowl? I'm guessing the heater since it shows it heating up. I wonder how long it takes for that actual temperature to reach the bowl.

Razor,

kuzko

I fall into the A category, my new unit from PIU is supposed to arrive today so I’ll charge it up and hopefully do another burn off test tonite or tomorrow.

I feel like it’s impossible to tell how many are good or bad, not everyone who gets one is on this forum or even do burn offs. I’m sure a lot of people are just inhaling fumes because they don’t know better and there are a lot of people who have great units but we will never know.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Quick actual vape question here. Is the heat being measured at the heater or the bowl? I'm guessing the heater since it shows it heating up. I wonder how long it takes for that actual temperature to reach the bowl.
Sorry, but that was like THE convection “ah-ha” moment for me... with a portable anyway...

The more convection the less those visual temp numbers are actually accurate, imo, and really more of a guideline... everything’s ballparked with algorithms, no? There’s noway to accurately measure the temp in the center of the pack... too many variables between material dampness, density, draw speed etc... so I bet it only knows the temp of the coil or whatever is used and then that gets scaled... but wtf do I know... just kinda thinking out loud in text again, I guess....

Bologna,

HD Springer

I just recieved my Tera from PIU. First off the WPA isn’t even close to being a good fit. Hell its not even a bad fit. I’m not sure it was even made for this device it’s so far off from it. The smell/taste I’m getting from a cold unit(I’m still charging battery’s)is the same smell the entire packaging has. It’s a very strong smell.

I’m going to do some burn offs with some weed in it to try and absorbe some of the odors. Then I might have a go at it if I can get it past that smell/taste. I really hope I get it going because it’s a bad ass “little” dual 18650 vape. At least that’s the way it feels in my hand. You see I hate to ship shit. Hell I promised a good friend over a year and a half ago that I was going to give him a different vape I didn’t care for but I’ve been too fucking lazy to actually ship the fucking thing. Sorry about that Phatts.

Top Bottom