Pen Boundless Technology TERP Pen

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Apologies for the late reply to this.
The post just above yours has some information about temps for "dabbing".
I understand that the power delivered to the terp pen's coil is measured more in watts (though the three colored settings on the XL are described as the 'equivalent' to temp settings). Can you tell us, roughly, what temps we are using when we use the terp pen? And the XL's 3 settings?
Thanks!

My apologies for the late reply to this. The OG Terp Pen is set to max out at 390C/734F. This is the same as the Terp Pen XL on the green setting of 3.7V.

The Terp Pen XL max temperatures are as follows -
Blue setting: 3.3V, 370C/698F
Green setting: 3.7V, 390C/734F
Red setting: 4.0V, 415C/779F

The unit increases in temperature as the user is drawing on the mouthpiece so the first few seconds of the draw are going to be lower than the maximum temperature. It is possible to obtain a lower temperature dab if you are inhaling a few seconds at a time per hit and not the full 10 seconds. I hope this helps clarify.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Just got the og Terp Pen a week ago. My god am I having fun with it. $29 at sneakypetes including an extra pair of coils. Over the weekend I tried it with Zweet Insanity golden honey, Kitchen Sink wax, Ninja Fruit crumble, and Super Critical shatter. Thing works like a dream. Hooked it up to my big double perc bubbler with a dabcap for smoother hits. Tried loading it with a nice dab on a tiny spatula tool applied like plaster or butter. Tried dipping into the soft honey and the crystaline shatter--both work great. Since I often get stoned alone, I really like the fact that a dip or a dab is usually all gone in one hit. No, the hits aren't milky, but they sure are fun and convenient. For $29 I've already had enough fun to feel satisfied even if the thing broke tomorrow. And I've still got two new coils. Great fun. Cheap thrills!

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey, @Boundless Vape Technology , can you tell us if a quartz coil will be coming out that is fitted (in size) to the standard terp pen? If so, when is it expected?

General ? for the forum,
Does the Teal color pen get chipped finish like the black ones, or has that been corrected?
Would a silver color be the safer bet?

vapviking,

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Hey, @Boundless Vape Technology , can you tell us if a quartz coil will be coming out that is fitted (in size) to the standard terp pen? If so, when is it expected?

General ? for the forum,
Does the Teal color pen get chipped finish like the black ones, or has that been corrected?
Would a silver color be the safer bet?
Thanks for the inquiry, we did not get the same response for the small Terp Pen quartz coils as we did with the larger Terp Pen XL coils. This led us to only move forward with the XL quartz coils for now. I do have 3 samples left of the small Terp Pen quartz coil and can get one set up for you if you would like to try it out. Please email me at Eric@bndlstech.com with your shipping information. The XL coils, both ceramic and quartz, will fit on the smaller Terp Pen but the small Terp Pen cap will not be able to be used with the XL coils.

I would say that silver would be the safest bet. The teal does seem to hold up more so than the black in my opinion though.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I just picked one up because cartridges are going to become significantly more expensive for me, but concentrates are affordable right now.
I love this little device. It is so damn efficient with such tiny amounts. It's rugged, and I really like the minimalist design. So inconspicuous and so powerful.
I see some chatter about different coils or something, so I'll definitely catch up on the thread.
Killer product, btw. The XL really appealed to me, but this little beast fit my limited budget. This is my first boundless product, but you have my attention now.

Best of luck in this crappy time

adam w

Just got 1 and it seems really finicky

The light cycles between colors and wont stay put

I opened a ticket so well see I guess

Any tips or tricks

Sn4Pz

How hot does everyones terp pen get while charging?

Going to give CBD a whirl but after 5 minutes top of the terp pen (mouthpiece side) was hot.

E: I've had it sitting outside charging and while its still hot it doesn't seem to be worrisome.... No fireworks or magic smoke. Registered around 108-110f with a thermometer inside the airflow port on the mouthpiece side once I brought it back inside to charge more.

Last edited:

bm96

Does anyone have a fix for the pen turning blue when hitting for a second then turns off? it doesn't hit at all. Tried cleaning and taking out, adjusting the tightness of the atomizer and nothing.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Got a brand new Terp Pen XL today, it came completely dead. Plugged it in for a charge and was surprised when the light went out about ten minutes later; double tap to check battery and it gives me the green. Hit it dry a couple times, good flavor. Put it on a globe and started pulling, didn’t get much vapor at all. Tried again and got nothing, saw the light blinking like it was out of battery? Plug it in to charge it…I’m sure you can guess the rest.

Put in a help ticket, just kinda a let down when it dies on the first day lol!

Timps27

Like you say, I have no worries about them replacing it. Just kinda bummed, I have a weekend trip and I was looking forward to bringing a terp pen and a couple of buckets rather than jars and grinders!

btka

Got a brand new Terp Pen XL today, it came completely dead. Plugged it in for a charge and was surprised when the light went out about ten minutes later; double tap to check battery and it gives me the green. Hit it dry a couple times, good flavor. Put it on a globe and started pulling, didn’t get much vapor at all. Tried again and got nothing, saw the light blinking like it was out of battery? Plug it in to charge it…I’m sure you can guess the rest.

Put in a help ticket, just kinda a let down when it dies on the first day lol!
Take of the coil and try to Charge IT without coil.. maybe this helps...

Timps27

Just an update: Boundless sent me a response within 24 hours just asking a few more details; I was out of town so couldn’t send until this morning. Within 30 minutes of providing the further information I got confirmation for a new unit already on the way. Could not have been a better response, thank you Boundless!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I just ordered a Terp Pen V2 from Puffitup. I'm curious how I will like it.

Ramahs,

Comfortably Numb

Does anybody know a hack to possibly cleaning the tips for a little more mileage? I am going to experiment...soak one in 91% ISO and try soaking another in very hot water...

Comfortably Numb,
Reactions: Ramahs

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Does anybody know a hack to possibly cleaning the tips for a little more mileage? I am going to experiment...soak one in 91% ISO and try soaking another in very hot water...
Have you done burn-offs?
Take the whole cover sleeve off of the pen and draw from the mp. Without the sleeve there's no vapor path, some buildup vaporizes off the coil without being inhaled. It's surprising how long that can go on (I stand near the kitchen exhaust fan).
I not so sure soaking in liquids is a good idea...but let us know how that works out.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Does anybody know a hack to possibly cleaning the tips for a little more mileage?
I soak the tip in 100% iso in a plastic test tube suspended in water in my ultrasonic cleaner and I have not had to open my spare atties yet...but I only use it sneakily that is not that often.:2c:
I do not soak in water after, just sat in front of a fan to dry overnight after the iso.

Ramahs

My Terp Pen should show up in the mail later today.

Unfortunately my dumb-ass didn't think about ordering any extra tips with it. I guess that once I've had it for a few days, as long as I feel like I'll get plenty of use out of it, then I'll order some spare tips.

Comfortably Numb

Have you done burn-offs?
Take the whole cover sleeve off of the pen and draw from the mp. Without the sleeve there's no vapor path, some buildup vaporizes off the coil without being inhaled. It's surprising how long that can go on (I stand near the kitchen exhaust fan).
I not so sure soaking in liquids is a good idea...but let us know how that works out.
I have done burn-offs....I use 2-3 times a day...getting 2 weeks out of a tip...I have extra tips...just trying to cut corners...I know water is not good for porous material...but I figured I could dry them out....

Comfortably Numb,

Ramahs

Only two weeks?!? Damn.
I better get more than that or I'll be looking for something else pretty soon.

Ramahs,

Comfortably Numb

Only two weeks?!? Damn.
I better get more than that or I'll be looking for something else pretty soon.
Its my first vape pen...might be me..just started using concentrate 3 months ago...I like these so much I bought 3...a tip every 2-3 weeks is worth it to me...buy them on sale at 4 bucks a piece
I did assume they would last longer though

Ramahs

We'll see. $4 a piece isn't too bad. I assumed they'd be more.

Ramahs,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I would say doing burn-off cleaning cycles will reduce the life span of tips dramatically...glowing red hot wires can't be good except in a toaster.

Top Bottom