Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm not thrilled that it needs a wood ring to be convection.

I didn't watch the live stream, so I'm not sure what claims they made on the video (and apparently no one does given the echo!), but the rings aren't needed for that purpose. It's more of an accessory that some will appreciate for the subtle differences they bring. The convection heat is a result of the design of the heater and its placement relative to the bowl. The different rings will add taste and possibly differing amounts of heat retention that can add some conduction elements to the process...a welcome thing to those seeking that type of effect. But a teflon or wood ring will keep the bowl cooler, while ss or ceramic rings will retain heat and add more decarboxylation to the process...a lot like the minivap and its teflon bowl with an optional ss decarb lining.

fc_anon

Could someone point me in the right direction for a small smell-proof case for my Boundless CF? I would like to just keep a small amount of herb with it, so the more compact, the better.

Also I'm interested in getting some compact glass involved. How does the vapium water pipe compare to the D020-D? Cumbersome, etc?

Mr. Me2

Could someone point me in the right direction for a small smell-proof case for my Boundless CF? I would like to just keep a small amount of herb with it, so the more compact, the better.

Also I'm interested in getting some compact glass involved. How does the vapium water pipe compare to the D020-D? Cumbersome, etc?
If the CF is the same size as the Crafty, then I highly recommend the RYOT Pack Ratz case. It's smell proof and the Crafty fits in like a glove

Funky_Vapor

Thanks I think I might try to buy some Crafty MPs just to see.
I'll have 2 say I'm enjoying "The Crafty" mouth piece far better in conjunction with the modified screen/basket. Always got good size clouds. Speaking only from my experience with this newer set-up with the first generation CF I'm getting better everything . Better feel on the mouth in general. Looks much better I think cosmetically sexier, more importantly I find it more comfortable. Much better air flow and of course less resistance. The fit and rotation is solid and stays in there without issue. It really looks like this CF came stocked like this or should've . The folding of the Crafty stem works perfect and had no issues at all packing it on the go in my denim pants. The only downside is not a big deal for me. I like 2 vaporizer alot ...a heavyweight champion user so the way I pack is generally generous. So more times then not I'm still blowing out stong to potent clouds requiring a extra 5 mins making it a straight 10 mins for a single session. For me I start feeling the mouth piece get a bit hot. So by just watching your mouth placement can make a huge difference. But we all have different heat thresholds and how we even tolerant vapor harshness...I can deal with the CFs max heat for either herbs or shatter and only milk stronger highs personally. So I can't compare this setup with the updated CF units with the mouth upgrades ....But for me until a better overall mouth piece gets made I'm sticking with the Crafty MP with my CF. (two weeks heavy testing).

So the real crap side.... and perhaps someone else may have experienced this issue? The unit shows a green charged light yet when U turn it on it doesn't heat up but all the lights are flashing red but it will click off normal? Bottom line (Broken) it feels like with heavy usage and perhaps using it on the highest settings on 100 plus degree hot days, it burnt out ?? My guess....With the countdown 2 Ben Haper & The Innocent Criminals this freaking Wensday & the big UFC matches Saturday this isn't great timing* Hoping the Boundless folks will work with me Monday morning out a fair deal ASAP so I can represent there great product at the concert* Boundless U gotta.know about the super talented singer song writer and multiple instrumentalist.etc from Claremont Cali* it's all about the Herb vapor flowing freely that night*

Last edited by a moderator:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Just got a used CFX from a fellow FCer. It seemed to much of a conduction vape to work for him. Whether it is a conduction and/or convection vape is an issue of contention?

It came with a SS (?) WPA adapter. So I doubt I'll get use out of the actual mouthpiece. :D Have no S&B to compare with. Just the vapes in my sig. Giving it a full charge ATM.
Will sift through the thread for info. A few short questions. Does it have true/fake pass thru charging? How many full powerups is it good on a full charge? Is there a Celsius setting?

Those of you vape geeks that know me already can feel free to fill me in and answer all my normal cuckfumbust-able questions that I will get around to eventually.:sherlock:
So CFRLB can mod it out. But the WPA looks like the perfect adapter for most cases. :peace:
boundless-wpa-v-225x300.jpg

CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: grokit

beefsupreme

Does anyone have an idea of how to enjoy some shatter in the CFX but without using the concentrate pod? Would wrapping it up in some cotton and perhaps dropping that inside a EZ-load bowl (ELB) help keep anything from melting into the internals and still work? What temperature should I be using when enjoying shatter? 400+?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Does anyone have an idea of how to enjoy some shatter in the CFX but without using the concentrate pod? Would wrapping it up in some cotton and perhaps dropping that inside a EZ-load bowl (ELB) help keep anything from melting into the internals and still work? What temperature should I be using when enjoying shatter? 400+?
I've used shatter in a ball of organic cotton directly in the chamber. I've done this several times. As long as your concentrates are completely covered in cotton nothing should come even close to leaking out. Cotton is very absorbent. For temperature I've tried 430°F but it was a little harsh. I like 400-410°F.

CuckFumbustion

Ok it has no pass thru. But it charges up quick. :tup: Fastest charge up of all my portable vapes on AC and it's power cord. Not as powerful as a convection desktop. :lol: If it could go 20C higher or if I can maximize efficiency that would be a plus. Works O.K upside down with the WPA and a D020-D. Ceramic (?) bowl much like the flowermate I have. The cap which resembles the crafty somewhat and inside of the cap comes out for cleaning.

I think a Flowermate V would be a better comparison than a Crafty but IDK anything about the crafty's bowl, etc. Thought it was a screen not ceramic like the CFX's and the Flowermate I have. It is like a Cafty and a Flowermate and a dashboard of a small car. :lol: No seriously, I do love the display for those timed 3 min sessions. Fast heat up time, if the display is accurate. Still believe it is good for 6-8 3m sessions on a full charge, But I just got the thing too and getting to know it.

Any rec'd as far as type of grind, tips, etc?

CuckFumbustion,

Milkytime

The session timer is 5 min I thought? Also manual said no pass through charge but I'm pretty sure Eric from boundless stopped in here to say it did have pass through.

Try the vape exhale evo ELB's to prepack for on the go, adds some convection too. At the very least get rid of the stock screen and use a hat screen, just press it on. Also I use a reducer with the D020-D and Wpa it gets a better seal for better vapor production and you can use it as a mouthpiece for dry hits.

CuckFumbustion

Try whole nuggets
It does make a slightly more reddish ABV then other portables. If it works better with nuggets then that is one less step.

The session timer is 5 min I thought? Also manual said no pass through charge but I'm pretty sure Eric from boundless stopped in here to say it did have pass through.

Try the vape exhale evo ELB's to prepack for on the go, adds some convection too. At the very least get rid of the stock screen and use a hat screen, just press it on. Also I use a reducer with the D020-D and Wpa it gets a better seal for better vapor production and you can use it as a mouthpiece for dry hits.
If it is drawing from the battery while charging and operating then I'd be better off waiting and not overtax the battery. My Summit has that fake pass thru. Can't use the pass through feature when it is at a lower battery power but plugged into the wall.

Now if the battery of the CFX is charging independent of the vape using AC power then you have true pass thru. :)
The session is 5 minutes, but the display shows 300 seconds. That's probably where the confusion is coming in. It tricked me too at first and I thought it was 3 minutes.
Barly laid eyes on the thing. 5m is better. But I would pause in between a little of that 5m session for the oven to absorb and give off more heat. The WPA and whatever glass is attached to gets warm after a few power ups.

CuckFumbustion,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist

I use these bags to carry around my MFLB and bud. These are easily the best smell-proof bags on the market, you could literally ship bud in these without a smell:

http://www.gonzobags.com/

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Sorry guys we aren't able to get this running properly and smoothly so we don't want to waste anymore time. We will work on posting a video with the topics we were planning on talking about.

Chat cut out on us during the giveaway sorry, please email me Eric@bndlsvapes.com if you answered first. I subscribed to the winners channel.

Last edited:

beefsupreme

Sorry guys we aren't able to get this running properly and smoothly so we don't want to waste anymore time. We will work on posting a video with the topics we were planning on talking about.

Sorry it didn't work out - you looked well prepared in the bit that I saw. Looking forward to the video and thanks for trying to stream and do something interactive.

Milkytime

@Boundless Vape Technology I really like that you are putting out content in live streams, and interacting with the vape community. It's so refreshing to see y'all enjoying what you do and just wanting to chill with us. I would very much continue to tune in if this becomes a weekly ritual. Being able to come out with a whole new convection vape in such a short time is very impressive as well. The CFV is definitely on my want list.

Edit: the ring system is a very cool original feature the wood sounds really cool.

Top Bottom