Birthday boy wants a good air convection vaporizer

I am new to vaporizing. I have been low temp dabbing for a while. Currently I made some cash and I am looking for a low temp convection vaporizer for oil, and dry herb. I have heard of vape x Evo, are there better/cheaper options?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I don’t have a Flower Pot but there are a lot of fans of that particular vaporizer. It might meet your needs but you said low temp. I believe they use a pretty high heat. It’s for both concentrates and flowers.

I have an EVO, a great vaporizer for concentrates as well as flowers. The glass that mates is awesome - the Hydrobomb is the one I have. I can use the Hydrobomb with other vaporizers.

I use concentrates in cotton or hemp in my Enano, it’s a log vape. Or the Woodscents by @Ed’sTnT it’s a log vape too. I also sandwich concentrates between flowers.

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
I will second the e nano as all around awesome or a volcano if you want to spend a lot but have it last forever.

Vaporware

I agree with @CarolKing that the FlowerPot or Evo would be great options, but I don’t think any convection vaporizer is particularly good at low temps.

I’m not saying you can’t use them at low temps, but the way they’re designed is to pull hot air over your material, and getting full extraction that way requires extra heat and/or time.

Conduction heating on the other hand exposes your material to something near the temp you set for as long as you leave it on, so you can extract a good amount of vapor over a minute or two and then inhale it rather than trying to slowly breathe in over that length of time to get similar heat exposure from convection.

I hope that makes sense? That doesn’t mean I’m against convection, I just don’t think its best use is low temp extraction.

That said, I think you can still get low temp effects at a bit higher temps than you’d use for conduction (I’m not sure how they correlate though, and it probably depends on the two specific devices used and maybe other factors), and at least with the FlowerPot through water (or even empty glass) the air doesn’t feel hot to me even at high temps whereas sucking hard on a VapCap or something does put hot air into my mouth.

You can certainly use the FlowerPot or Evo at low temps though, and just turn them up until you get the effects/vapor density/etc. you’re looking for, but if you want better extraction at low temps, I think conduction is the way to go since it keeps the heat going and vaporization takes a while at low temps.

I use both regularly and I’m not trying to push you in either direction, I’m just giving you some things to consider. :)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I agree with @VaporWare. Conduction tends to get a bad reputation around this place lately, but at low temperature the taste can be excellent. Temperature control is usually way more accurate, you are always at or below the set point. With convection it tends to be at or above the set point. Plus you end up sucking a lot of hot air which can be irritating.

But yes conduction requires a slower extraction, that's the downside. If you try to crank it up then it grills your material like when cooking a steak at too high of a temperature. You get clouds for sure but taste is awful in just a few hits. Whereas if you want to preserve the food flavors it's better to simmer and be patient... same with flowers.

I'm confused. I have been low temp dabbing with a yo dabba dabba quartz core banger . I have done it to a science with the timing.

I also own an email coil for quartz bangers.

Does the vape x Evo allow you to fully extact with better efficiency and taste compared to low temp conduction?

I do not want to spend 500 and find out that it does not better than my current set up.

Thanks for input and the birthday shout awooo boys! Happy dabbing

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
IMO conduction is superior for vaporizing concentrates. Waxes and oils don't have all that extra plant material to buffer the heat, so they vaporize more efficiently with conduction.

Convection is great for flower though. You should definitely check out the Newvape VROD if you want something that does both.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I'm confused. I have been low temp dabbing with a yo dabba dabba quartz core banger . I have done it to a science with the timing.

I also own an email coil for quartz bangers.

Does the vape x Evo allow you to fully extact with better efficiency and taste compared to low temp conduction?

I do not want to spend 500 and find out that it does not better than my current set up.

Thanks for input and the birthday shout awooo boys! Happy dabbing

Don't buy the EVO expecting to outperform your current concentrate set up.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Evo is primarily a dry herb vape that can also do concentrates. Some people love the elev8r for convection dabbing, but I don't like the ceramic concentrate thing that 7th floor uses.

MinnBobber

I am looking for a low temp convection vaporizer for oil, and dry herb. I have heard of vape x Evo, are there better/cheaper options?
.....................................................................................................
you may want to check out the Ghost MV-1 thread. It's a potent, next gen vape that handles dry herb and oil.
And it is much cheaper than the Evo.

MinnBobber,
Top Bottom