Bill Maher....

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

And lets not forget immersive, first person shooter video games where instead of just watching death and destruction the participant is actually directing the death and destruction. Some of these video games are played by kids under 10 and are pretty realistic.

Don't get me wrong....I think these video games are very entertaining FOR ADULTS but parents have to be on their game with the young ones. No pun intended.

florduh

I don't know who this lady is but she did a great job in these clips. I might need to watch the whole episode.

Very satisfying to see two neoliberals getting called on their bullshit. Bill and whoever the other dude is are bitching about the COVID relief money being the primary cause of inflation. Krystal points out she doesn't hear any bitching about the TRILLIONS the Fed pumped into the stock market in 2020 at the very start of COVID.

Bill doesn't even remember the Fed bailout. Why should he? It helped prop up his portfolio. That increased the money supply significantly. By the rules of neoliberal economics, funneling trillions to the wealthy somehow magically never affects inflation.

I remember we recently spent 10 trillion on two totally optional wars. The vast majority of which went to a handful of private companies. It's not like we raised taxes to pay for it, so that absolutely increased the money supply. No worries though. But when some poor schmuck working at Jiffy Lube gets a $1200 check from the government, that will collapse the economy.

They lightly touch on this, but despite what the Milton Friedman's of the world would have you believe, "the supply of money" isn't even the biggest cause of the inflation we're experiencing. If corporations took the same rate of profit they enjoyed pre-pandemic, inflation would be half of what it is now. And those same business geniuses gouging us all now built a global supply chain on thin ice, so when the VIDS hit everything collapsed. The money supply is, at best, the third biggest cause of inflation.

Farid

Thats Krystal Ball. She's got a great news show on YouTube called Breaking Points. They cover a lot of labor issues, the economy, and are basically trying to be the anti mainstream media. And they've been pretty damn successful at it. Krystal is a (real) progressive, and Saagar is a conservative who's critical of both Trump and the neocons. Together they offer an interesting perspective, and prove that people can work across party lines. They also get in heated debates at times, but don't take it too personally.

Last edited:

florduh

Thats Krystal Ball. She's got a great news show on YouTube called Breaking Points. They cover a lot of labor issues, the economy, and are basically trying to be the anti mainstream media. And they've been pretty damn successful at it.

I'll have to check it out. She was delightful in those clips. Calmly pushing back against Bill's nonsense. I don't watch cable news, but the fact Bill seemed shocked by everything she has to say tells me exactly what I need to know about what's going on in the news media these days.

Farid

I like her a lot. Don't agree with her on everything, but she's authentic, and doesn't get bogged down in the identity politics crap which imo is sabotaging "progressive" politics.

florduh

I like her a lot. Don't agree with her on everything, but she's authentic, and doesn't get bogged down in the identity politics crap which imo is sabotaging "progressive" politics.

IMO 9/10 times "identity politics" is used as a way to divide the working class and prevent any policy changes that would substantially help regular people. I saw it in the last Dem Presidential primary. "Ewww Bernie?! He's an old white straight guy!". And then they went with Biden lol.

florduh

This week Bill made fun of his vape having an app... One of us! One of us!!!

What does he use a Volcano? Brother needs a TM.

90% of Maher content is just "the kids these days are all fuckin stupid, unlike me. An extremely smart old ass man." Such a unique, brave truth teller.

Plenty of young people think apps on vapes are dumb.

Also, Centimillionaire Bill Maher hasn't been to a mall since the first Bush was in office. Sending your assistant to pick up something from a brick and mortar store for you isn't any better than what he's bitching about. Most people can't afford to employ their own personal Amazon driver.

Scrimshaw

Vaped Crusader
90% of Maher content is just "the kids these days are all fuckin stupid, unlike me. An extremely smart old ass man." Such a unique, brave truth teller.
lol, agreed. He makes me laugh, but these days I laugh at him more than with him. I do appreciate that his is one of the few shows that has guests with diverse views. The last 2 weeks for instance, guests have mentioned non-partisan reforms like open primaries and ranked choice voting. Worthwhile, even though Bill was typically clueless to the discussion of course.

florduh

lol, agreed. He makes me laugh, but these days I laugh at him more than with him. I do appreciate that his is one of the few shows that has guests with diverse views. The last 2 weeks for instance, guests have mentioned non-partisan reforms like open primaries and ranked choice voting. Worthwhile, even though Bill was typically clueless to the discussion of course.

Oh he can still make me laugh from time to time. But at some point he literally transformed into this emoji: :myday:

CANtalk

Bill Maher brought the goods this week. He calls out Chris Wallace, calls kids today feral... that leads to some bite & his feedback / history with children. Bill also went after Christie on cannabis a few times through the show... very entertaining like this, enjoy.

More

Have a great weekend.

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

florduh

Bill Maher brought the goods this week. He calls out Chris Wallace, calls kids today feral... that leads to some bite & his feedback / history with children. Bill also went after Christie on cannabis a few times through the show... very entertaining like this, enjoy.

More

Have a great weekend.

I agree with Bill that the Organic Chem Professor shouldn't have been fired. But he's absolutely wrong about doctors NEEDING to know Organic Chem to do their jobs. The reason Pre-Med requires Organic Chem is simple gatekeeping. They want to make it as difficult as possible to become a doctor.

Maybe that's a good idea. Or maybe we're weeding out people who would make excellent doctors because they couldn't pass a class they absolutely will not need to do their jobs. Lots of sociopathic doctors out there. Although our society is more or less designed from the ground up to reward sociopathy.

This is as good a time as any to post about another Bill. Specifically, Burr. Maher invited him on the show to bitch about "cancel culture" and Burr wouldn't play along. Hasn't been back on the show since.

To the best of my knowledge, Bill Burr is the only white dude comedian who hasn't turned into a crybaby reactionary as he's gotten older. And he's funnier than the dummies who spend all their time crying about "the kids these days", SJW's, cancel culture, and trans people.

florduh

Isn't Benjamin Netanyahu supposed to be in prison by now? He's one of the worst things to come out of Philadelphia, ever.

Of course Bill takes time to shit on the only members of Congress who don't co-sign the human rights abuses of the Israeli government. I notice Mr. Free Speech didn't ask the Israeli Prime Minister why his government murdered an American Journalist in cold blood and then lied about it.

Edit: I watched the Hershel Walker video too. Is Bill under the impression Democrats are passing bills about trans people, gays, and "cancel culture". Big fucking citation needed on that one. The only party passing bills on that shit is The Republican Party.

Last edited:

florduh

I know Maher was hardly the only guy acting like this, but boy does he look like a silly bitch now given how that election played out.

I'll give Maher shit for this for a few reasons:

1) He's ALWAYS shitting on "the kids these days". How STUPID they are. Well, BillyBoy it turns out the under 40 crowd and ESPECIALLY kids under 30 "saved democracy", or whatever. Maybe they're smarter than boomers like Bill?

2) Team Red lost in no small part because normal people think they are weirdo freaks. "Did you know they're gonna cut off your son's dick and make him wear a dress??? They're making kids shit in litter boxes now! Do you know what a Furry is?! huh?? huhhhhhh???"

Normal voters hear these freaks droning on about gender shit and are immediately turned off. Sure they're pissed about gas prices and brandonflation. But the Reds don't seem to have a plan to address that either AND they sound like freaks. So the normies went with the Blues.

You know who else loves droning on about gender and pronoun shit? BillyBoy! He said that was gonna make people flee from The Blue Team. Well the exact opposite happened. Bill is very bad at political analysis, which is kind of his job. He gets paid like 100 mil a year to be bad at his job.

florduh

End of season new rule... Kyrie Irving :lol:

I love that Bill had to do more Anti-Trans and Anti-Communist discourse before he's done working until 2023. Especially after this last election. Billy, those talking points ate shit everywhere but The South.

If anti-woke hysteria was remotely popular in this country, Republicans wouldn't have suffered the worst midterm election defeat of my lifetime. Joe Brandon is extremely unpopular. The economy is shitty. And Republicans STILL ate shit.

In the one place Republicans did surprisingly well, Florida, The Demonrats weren't running as Defund The Police Rainbow Flag radicals. They ran on "we love cops MORE than Republicans and we love standing up to RADICALS in our own party". You know, the exact strategy Bill recommends Democrats follow in his final New Rules segment of the year. That is a LOSER strategy.

In a way, it's kind of inspiring. Bill is paid obscenely well to host a show about politics. A topic he doesn't seem very well versed on.

And Man... Bill said Dems should cut trans people loose...on Friday. Like what, 24 hours later some fascist went on a shooting spree, trying to kill as many gay and trans people as possible. Great timing Bill.

florduh,
Reactions: Goneja

florduh

“What I find objectionable about the philosophy of the strike [is] it seems to be, they have really morphed a long way from 2007’s strike, where they kind of believe that you’re owed a living as a writer, and you’re not. This is show business. This is the make-or-miss league,” said Maher about the WGA’s demands to the AMPTP in a work stoppage that’s gone on for 127 days.

So, let me see if I got this straight. Studio CEO's and major shareholders are OWED billions of dollars in profits off of the creative work of writers. But the writers themselves don't deserve enough of the money their work generates to live?

Is he a fucking idiot or something?

Top Bottom