BFG Castle ‘unofficial thread’

Glorg

was there ever a patent on brick designs ? No ? Was there one on the lotus air channel ? See the difference. Just call a spade a spade a move on instead of using trash “car” examples lol. This is blatant, and nothing will happen so it’s fine but I’m not going to pretend the word innovation isn’t being massively stretched here. Also why would anyone now try to fix lotus if you can just do this instead. This isn’t like making your own shoe this is more akin to releasing a neki air jurdon with a backwards swoosh 😅

tinctorus

Accessory Maker

@Cheebsy they didn't"copy the Dynavap name" FFS the guys from another country and it's not "Danny" like the kid down the street the names for some meaning to him, but again let's trash a small company that listens and innovates while defending a company that uses you as a beta tester that pays to beta test...if anything I say Forgetv DV they don't give a crap about you

I also find it funny people only seem to say this crap when it's small makers involved and not the huge companies, it's a way of holding heat FFS

Last edited:

seriousTone

Nice thanks. That second instagram post got me really sold I think - especially with the addition of a pipe attachment as I don't use water rigs.

How tf I go YEARS without buying a new vape and now all the sudden it's left and right.

Last edited:

Sativapo

Some thoughts : I would have preferred a simple 14mm joint or to have the choice between 2 adapters. It would be a bit less massive on a j hook for example. And I don't know if I'll like this big metal heat mass after the load. (Even more wit beads ?)
But interesting. Curious also about this mod and final version thing. A wild guess, is it balls in the top part ? Maybe you don't wanna spoil @BingsBuddery

Last edited:

TonyGazelle

There's a post about the castle on BFG Instagram.

Preorders open 4/7 according to the post.

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
This reminds me a lot of the dead horses beat on the Angus thread. I still think what BFG is doing is fucked up, but I am not jumping in every other post to say it. Please stop.
How bout you stop too? Let ppl buy what they want and stop policing this forum on your perceived injustices of the vape world. Its so tiring all the lofty idealism around here.

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
If anyone’s not following the Lotus thread, it looks like the Vapman folks are resurrecting the brand. Curious to see what that does to the plagiarism/inspiration/patent discussion.
Probably nothing unless they take out patents in Vietnam. It'll be competition, which is a win win for consumers. And its exciting to me, cause I'll get an opportunity to own both.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
If anyone’s not following the Lotus thread, it looks like the Vapman folks are resurrecting the brand. Curious to see what that does to the plagiarism/inspiration/patent discussion.
My excitement couldn’t be any higher. If what you say is true!

Imo, more than enough space in the market for everyone. I’m gonna have a Castle and a new Lotus. Idgaf.

coolbreeze

That is really cool because after looking up the lotus just the other day I couldn't help but absolutely LOVE the look of it.

Exactly my kind of aesthetics.
It's such a nice vape. For fans of Vapman, Vaponic and its children, and anyone interested in nice flavor and production with a relaxing and calming ritual, this is the one. In its thread it seems like it was originally considered a one-hitter--and you can do monster hits with it--but I think the slow Lotus is the true path to enlightenment.

Why were we supposed to “mark our calendars” (which I did) for the 31st according the the website when pre-orders open on the 7th of April? Was that an announcement for an announcement?! Busch league behavior it looks like but I could be mistaken.

No matter though, because in my previous post here I said there was 4 days (actually 11) for someone to step up and bring back the Lotus and someone surprised me and did it at the eleventh hour. Cheers to the vapman folks. I will wait and try to get my Galdalf on with the real thing.

RELAX

What type of metal is this heating plate made out of?

The nickel plate on the Lotus was my main holdback... unsure if it should be a true concern, but I did read some negative theories about the nickel over the years online.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Probably nothing unless they take out patents in Vietnam. It'll be competition, which is a win win for consumers. And its exciting to me, cause I'll get an opportunity to own both.
Exactly, this is a good thing
It's hilarious that everyone wanted a lotus or something like a lotus, now they get it and people wanna say things about a company that hasn't been around for 3 years over a company active in the community listening to what we want... I hope BFG keeps crushing it

And I know it was supposed to be released the 31st but unfortunately that's the nature of small business, sometimes things come up you can't control

Spj3k1

That same argument could be made for 100% knockoffs. Most consumers don't have the interest of an inventor in mind. That's why we have patent law, because the free market encourages immitation and stifles innovation without this protection. Unfortunately enforcing patents is difficult for small companies, especially when the violator is overseas.

Whether these products are in violation of patents or Trademarks is another matter...
Dynavap knockoffs have been on the market for a long time, they don't sell well because they suck.

Dani don't suck, they sell.

Top Bottom