Better dosing capsule vape than tinymight 2?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
That is like the old school thinking, with pure convection on demand, first hit is thin taster, second hit full of vapor, but that has not been my experience in a long time with any of the modern units I use regularly... It depends on the load and the settings, as I've said I can kill bowls in one hit easily too, I have full control over what I want to experience, has been my experience! :tup:

Well there certainly is not much good that comes from growing OLD….

… but in this case I’ll just assume our expectations and requirements are just different.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Ah, forgot how moisture of the herb can play such a part! Just so many variables

Yeah, I agree. I think I have to resist drawing too fast on all my devices. I can’t inhale long enough sometimes to get the full effect, about 12 seconds. I think many can draw slowly for longer, which can help. Sipping conduction devices on session mode seems less dependent on length of draw as the oven is always running. I hope to master the subtle techniques before I die….

ConePiece

Hehe ive been looking for a dosing cap vape myself and of course i find a topic for it here.

Is there any consensus? Ive been eyeing out the xmax v3 and apparently air vape coming out with dosing caps soon too?
I would only be using mine outside of the house for when i need the convenience of the caps so that kind of ruled out the TM as it seems more fragile, and the non removable batteries on the S&B vapes is a bit of a turn off but i might be being picky.

ConePiece,
Reactions: dimmusp

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

Hehe ive been looking for a dosing cap vape myself and of course i find a topic for it here.

Is there any consensus? Ive been eyeing out the xmax v3 and apparently air vape coming out with dosing caps soon too?
I would only be using mine outside of the house for when i need the convenience of the caps so that kind of ruled out the TM as it seems more fragile, and the non removable batteries on the S&B vapes is a bit of a turn off but i might be being picky.
Yeah I use the roffu with caps. I chose the roffu over the v3pro because the shape and I also read it heats up faster. I bought the xmax caps and the potv ones and I actually prefer the potv. The heat up times are good and I find the caps really easy to switch. It seems solid in my hand and I'm not afraid to share it with others like the tinymight. 2 dozen caps, 3 batteries= easy weekend trip

ConePiece

If you don't need it to be pure convection, or on demand, the healthy rips session devices are pretty well designed for capsules use...
Yeah I use the roffu with caps. I chose the roffu over the v3pro because the shape and I also read it heats up faster. I bought the xmax caps and the potv ones and I actually prefer the potv. The heat up times are good and I find the caps really easy to switch. It seems solid in my hand and I'm not afraid to share it with others like the tinymight. 2 dozen caps, 3 batteries= easy weekend trip
Oh man those 2 weren't even on my radar but i like what im seeing.
Just made my search even harder :lol: good thing theres still some time till black friday.

vapeape77

I’m confused which vape you’re using the potv one’s caps in. Are you using them in a TM2? If this is the case they must be slightly larger than the HR Edge caps which need the cooling unit to secure in the tube.

vapeape77,

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

I’m confused which vape you’re using the potv one’s caps in. Are you using them in a TM2? If this is the case they must be slightly larger than the HR Edge caps which need the cooling unit to secure in the tube.
I use caps in the roffu. The xmax caps are the same size as potv caps, sorry I wasn't more clear. I own a tm2 and I bought the v2 caps with it. The TM2 caps are wider and do not fit in the roffu. I do not like using caps in the tinymight

sickmanfraud

A piece of advice for those who want to use dosing capsules in the Tinymight 2.

Make sure that you have the dosing caps from TM in Finland or for the HR Rogue. If you try to use Fury edge caps you will get poor performance since the heated air can easily go around the capsule rather than through the cannabis.

The capsules for the Xmax V3Pro (and POTV version) also use the same size as the TM/Rogue capsules but I saw them for double the price of the HR Rogue capsules.

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

A piece of advice for those who want to use dosing capsules in the Tinymight 2.

Make sure that you have the dosing caps from TM in Finland or for the HR Rogue. If you try to use Fury edge caps you will get poor performance since the heated air can easily go around the capsule rather than through the cannabis.

The capsules for the Xmax V3Pro (and POTV version) also use the same size as the TM/Rogue capsules but I saw them for double the price of the HR Rogue capsules.

IMG-20221027-085417140.jpg

TinymightV2 capsule
IMG-20221027-085432010.jpg

Potv capsule

Zipford

I have the XMAX V3 and the Healthy Rips Fury Edge, both of which I use exclusively with HR dosing capsules (which fit both great).

For out and about, the Edge is much more pocketable, the shape is just better. The XMAX gives better flavor IMO, but it is tall and has a magnetic cap that can become dislodged, so unless you have a fanny pack/purse/backpack to put stuff in, I would go with something like the Edge. Just a much better form factor for pants pockets.

Oil420FL

I was hoping the TM2 dosing caps would work well, I was not impressed with how they perform (I have both versions). When I first started vaping I got a Mighty+ and I loved the convenience of loading a bunch of dosing caps and having a bunch of different strains. What I do for my TM2 is I bought 24 TM rimmed screens and a s-b-capsule-caddy and a JyARz Satchmo (it was an optional add on) and storz-bickel-dosing-capsule-loading-tray-spacer-kit all from Delta-3d-Studios. The TM rimmed basket screens fit in the S&B dosing cap caddy and work with the S&B loading tray. I load 6 sets of 4 rimmed screens with different strains and store them in the caddy with a small Boveda 62%. 24 loaded rimmed screens last me a little over three weeks.
So are you using the spacers as caps on the stack of rimmed screens in the caddy? And it’s hard to imagine not spilling the contents when loading the TM since the rimmed screens are so shallow. Or are you topping the rimmed screen with a rimless screen before you load it into the TM? [I’m not loving the stems with glass screens; hard to clean so my 14mm WPA and sidecar bubbler are on the back of the shelf.]

Oil420FL,

vapeape77

So are you using the spacers as caps on the stack of rimmed screens in the caddy? And it’s hard to imagine not spilling the contents when loading the TM since the rimmed screens are so shallow. Or are you topping the rimmed screen with a rimless screen before you load it into the TM? [I’m not loving the stems with glass screens; hard to clean so my 14mm WPA and sidecar bubbler are on the back of the shelf.]
I now do the @ChipNJ way with the rimmed baskets with good results. I have 8 tm rimmed, pack different strains with whole nugs (the Mighty dry herb cram method!). I don’t mind the air restriction and feel the flavor and clouds are more on point to a half Mighty bowl… in addition to more of a “stoner” high.

I do have a TRWW basket set deeper in my Ti stem. I put ground bud in there and then top it off with a whole nug rimmed basket for longer sessions. Also finding I like to only run session mode at 3.5 to 5 and just skip the process of on-demand set at 4 to 6.5….since I’m baking the load all at once anyway.

Anyway I’m pretty sure using the rimmed baskets with whole nugs is as lazy as it gets which I dig! Can always throw in half of a TM cu in with the basket and even oil gets stopped.

Last edited:

Oil420FL

I now do the @ChipNJ way with the rimmed baskets with good results. I have 8 tm rimmed, pack different strains with whole nugs (the Mighty dry herb cram method!). I don’t mind the air restriction and feel the flavor and clouds are more on point to a half Mighty bowl… in addition to more of a “stoner” high.

I do have a TRWW basket set deeper in my Ti stem. I put ground bud in there and then top it off with a whole nug rimmed basket for longer sessions. Also finding I like to only run session mode at 3.5 to 5 and just skip the process of on-demand set at 4 to 6.5….since I’m baking the load all at once anyway.

Anyway I’m pretty sure using the rimmed baskets with whole nugs is as lazy as it gets which I dig! Can always throw in half of a TM cu in with the basket and even oil gets stopped.
Yes the on-demand stepping from 4-6 with two 12-second hits at each step gets me coughing half way through and not consistently medicated. WPA at 6 is better. I’m more medicated with fewer hits, but still not as consistent as my Mighty with the same small bowl of around 0.08gm. I was using a rimmed basket when hitting TM dry with the XL stem, but now just the CU in the 18mm WPA with water. I’m $400 in for the TM2 plus glass and not loving it enough to want to spend $$ on more stems. But I’m open to suggestions.

Last edited:

vapeape77

Yes the on-demand stepping from 4-6 with two 12-second hits at each step gets me coughing half way through and not consistently medicated. WPA at 6 is better. I’m more medicated with fewer hits, but still not as consistent as my Mighty with the same small bowl of around 0.08gm. I was using rimmed basket when hitting TM dry with the XL stem, but just the CU in the 18mm WPA with water. I’m $400 in for the TM2 plus glass and not loving it enough to want to spend $$ on more stems. But I’m open to suggestions.
I feel ya man, vape adjustment is hard at first for sure. Try the whole nug thing I do with the rimmed, I’m probably starting it under 170c, but being on session mode is different than the on demand imo.

I’m pretty fucked up off this whole roast.. good luck

Oil420FL

I feel ya man, vape adjustment is hard at first for sure. Try the whole nug thing I do with the rimmed, I’m probably starting it under 170c, but being on session mode is different than the on demand imo.

I’m pretty fucked up off this whole roast.. good luck
Thanks for the encouragement. My BCG coarse grinder arrived so I’ll see how that works. I’m not consistently getting an even roast when using whole nug and I hate to pull the stem to stir. So alternating between the CU with shake-to-stir and the rimmed basket should help me figure which is best.

Oil420FL,

vapeape77

Thanks for the encouragement. My BCG coarse grinder arrived so I’ll see how that works. I’m not consistently getting an even roast when using whole nug and I hate to pull the stem to stir. So alternating between the CU with shake-to-stir and the rimmed basket should help me figure which is best.
Nice, keep trying till you find your way... I’ve wasted a good amount of bud getting this thing dialed in to my liking. I didn’t like the results of whole nugs till I tried the rimmed baskets on session mode. I feel on demand falls short in consistency for me. To each their own…. honestly you mighty want to just get a crafty+ for out and about. I look at the tm as an artisan piece for mostly at home bubbler use, that can hit the town if needed….

Oil420FL

The one consistent recommendation I’m getting for improving my TM2 extraction is a looser pack. So if I get the TRWW 18mm rimless basket/Bucket Screens, will they hold about 0.08gm loosely? Is there a third party rimmed basket that’s much deeper than stock?

Oil420FL,

sickmanfraud

Here is a deeper rimless basket screen that is sold for $0.75 each

If you want to use rimmed screens you should only get the proper sizer from TM or one of their reps.

Momor

A bit late to the party but FWIW i get very good results using the S&B capsules in the TM2. I used them in TM also but had to be really careful when inserting the stem so you don't push the heater screen on the heater. With the new solid screen on top of the heater there is no need to be careful anymore so it's almost the perfect solution

Momor,
Reactions: Oil420FL

Oil420FL

A bit late to the party but FWIW i get very good results using the S&B capsules in the TM2. I used them in TM also but had to be really careful when inserting the stem so you don't push the heater screen on the heater. With the new solid screen on top of the heater there is no need to be careful anymore so it's almost the perfect solution
Interesting. I know they add more conduction to the hybrid Mighty, but maybe that’s why it still outperforms my TM2 at extracting. I’ll try the capsules in the TM2 to see if it helps while waiting on my rimless baskets from TRWW.

Oil420FL,

sickmanfraud

I have used the TM2 capsules more than a few times in experimentation mode.

Two important lessons. Make sure to load the capsule with the lid side facing your mouth (solid end towards the heater). This way if you have difficulty removing a capsule you can grip the cap with an implement.

Second, remove when still hot. I left a capsule to cool accidentally and it was necessary to heat the stem to get the capsule out. I was forced to consume more medicine, poor me.

I modded some of my long stems (Ti, Eds) with 6 mm boro beads and It was not easy to remove the capsule by pushing the cooling unit. If you don't add extra stuff to the stem the capsule can always be pushed out.

Oil420FL

While waiting on my order to arrive from TRWW [he briefly sold out of 14mm WPM], I've tried the S&B capsules without the lids [that's the way I use them in my Mighty; lids are too fiddly for me]. Inserting them open side up away from the heater with the 14mm WPA stem on top gives me a nice even roast. On-demand works better than session mode; session seemed to overheat the capsule & that fits with the comments that it runs hotter than on-demand. I confess it feels a little like I'm turning the TM2 into a hybrid by adding the S&B capsule. It seems to take more hits to clear, but otherwise it vapes better than any other way I've tried.

Top Bottom