Best Ways to Vape Hash/Kief?

186°

Hi there,
not a big hash guy here, never was, never really liked it, but I've tried the Vapman recently (with Blue Dream and Strawberry Banana) after so many people recommended it. And it was fantastic. So, haven't tried other Vaporizers with Hash, and after that I do not see the need :D
Only problem: the beautiful golden heating pan of the Vapman isn't shiny anymore after hash-use.

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
Vape the lump of hash whole, after two hits crush it and then keep vaping. The hash will crumble very easily once its been heated up.

I vape hash every single day, mostly in full convection devices like logs and 18mm portables, but torch powered full convection vapes also shine with hash, like the steamwhistle/dlx pro/lotus. It works brilliantly, with huge, potent and tasty clouds, as long as you have enough calories in the heater, so I wouldnt try it with a slower old device like a mighty or solo. I prefer it on a bed of dry herb but a bed of hemp fiber works very well also.
Didn't think it could be that easy, will try next time thanks

Maschine

Didn't think it could be that easy, will try next time thanks
I can confirm this with the TM2.
Coarse bits of dry sift or sticky afgahn style hash mixed into vape wool works great with the technique @Razhumikin described although I do something like a sandwich instead placing on a bed.
You get clouds from the first hit but after heating and mixing again it`s like doing buds.

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
I can confirm this with the TM2.
Coarse bits of dry sift or sticky afgahn style hash mixed into vape wool works great with the technique @Razhumikin described although I do something like a sandwich instead placing on a bed.
You get clouds from the first hit but after heating and mixing again it`s like doing buds.
Will definitely give it a go
And that's usually the type of hash I have access to

Btw I have now also vaped hash with my Xmax V3 pro.. And it worked surprisingly, wow.. I went with my method of small crumbs mixed into vape wool, just to be consistent because I wanted to compare the performance to my tinymight

tukatukera

Retailer
For all my fellow hashisins that enjoy dry sift, if your sift is good and melts appropriately, try pressing it with Frenchie tech (hot bottle of water to use as a heated rolling pin) and make temple balls. They're much nicer for vaping and the hash gets a gooier consistency, it also generates less reclaim in your pipes due to the fact that you're mixing those oils in with the rest of it and also helping dissolve the membrane of the heads and thus helping it all cure and homogenize the mix.
This also seals the hash from oxidation and allows you to cure your stash.
I can't wait to bust out some dry sift that I balled up recently in like 3 weeks. Shit's bout to be a party

Edit: you can also sonify your terps in an ultrasound cleaner. Check @hashcru and others on IG for some deets on the tech.

coolbreeze

I have small blobs of dark bubble hash in a basket screen:
IMG-6648.jpg

Started out pretty nice tasting, got a bit harsh. Lots of vapor for sure. Baller setup at about noon, I could turn down a little probably.

rizlafreak

two dog star
100% conduction is simple, just use a titan nail as you would just hit a rosin dab... the titan does not care about residue.

Last edited:
rizlafreak,

Piecho

My latest idea is using organic rolling papers and put the hash in between 2 layers. Then I roll it like a snail, or in H letter shape inside the chamber of the vaporiser. I get better results using dynavap with water filtration, but worked decent in cheap V3 pro as well.

Piecho,

tgvp

DynaVap stays my hero for hash, even my ball vape aren't close with hash from what I get on a DV with an armored cap and a longer cooling glass airpath.

Here I share some home made live bubble hash on the DV in hemp wool on a "not so clean dry bubbler". It contributes nothing to the discussion, I just love to see vapor snakes milking the glass

dimmusp

IMHO 100% convection for taste and effects but the down side is the cleaning part or if you want to sell the device in the future you may have to reduce the price a bit
Would that happen if you made kief balls and put them on something like the Herborizer Ti with the concentrates adapter?

I've been saving kief for a *long* time in my 4-piece grinder because I only occasionally beat my laziness to sprinkle some kief in a sandwich of ground bud in my TM2...

I've been eyeing an Aroma-3 grinder, but it's only 3-piece so I wouldn't be able to save kief anymore. I'm guessing if you have a 3-piece then you're using the kief little by little, but wouldn't you be inhaling part of it when you load a TM2 stem with the straw method?

Thanks

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I've been eyeing an Aroma-3 grinder, but it's only 3-piece so I wouldn't be able to save kief anymore. I'm guessing if you have a 3-piece then you're using the kief little by little,
True, but nevertheless i always end up with a "dusty layer" building up on the bottom of the herbcompartment of my OMD since i tend to turn it around and tap the grind out without really brushing the bottom.
Instead i let it build up and whenever i feel like it i clean that part by force of "finger-Rubbing&Rolling" which results in one of these balls:

The texture/color depends a bit of my favorite strain(s) of the moment but they sure are a treat! Pure as driven snow! LoL

dimmusp

True, but nevertheless i always end up with a "dusty layer" building up on the bottom of the herbcompartment of my OMD since i tend to turn it around and tap the grind out without really brushing the bottom.
Instead i let it build up and whenever i feel like it i clean that part by force of "finger-Rubbing&Rolling" which results in one of these balls:

The texture/color depends a bit of my favorite strain(s) of the moment but they sure are a treat! Pure as driven snow! LoL
Nice! And then how do you vape the balls?

Thanks

dimmusp,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I've vaped straight "grinder" kief a few times recently with a cheapo AliEx injector bowl and 2 or 3 of the ss rimless basket screens that came with it stacked... I'll make it so the area on the screen holding the kief is basically suspended and only touching any glass on the edge around holding it in place.... works GREAT with a properly heated Old Head Terp Hammer to slam down on top.... many HUGE mind-bending kief hits! No drips or waste! Torch screens when done! Super easy!

Last edited:

coolbreeze

You’re going to make me do it aren’t you??

*aggressively searching 2.5 mm ruby’s*
It's pretty nice. I think Custom Flower Jerry just modded his:

simba

@weedanwine
I have taken some old dynavaps out of the drawer recently and made them into old skool hash drivers! They're amazing for this purpose and actually made me want to get an armoured cap to get longer sessions with it.

I've just loaded it with some RuntzLato iceolator

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Well there is just a huge variation in consistency over several continents...
For the traditional moroccan or libanese, the 'lower' grades that are a bit more sandy and dry, vape really well without any special preparation or vape dependency.
The more oily stuff really needs 2-5 mid session dump outs and re crumbling (it gets more sandy and less sticky every time) if you don't want to go to super high temps - otherwise there will be some left behind trapped inside the center of every small piece...
No hemp fiber or anything else like mixing with flower, to me it ruins the taste and screens can be cleaned.
Hm - this kinda means doing 'dirty' long dry sift hash is better to vape? any other takes on this?

Last edited:

maremaresing

I have some dry sift hash from holy city farms I'm having trouble with. I've never had or seen hash before, so I think this is hash. They call it a sift puck. This stuff https://holycityfarms.com/product/blueberry-sift-puck/

Having some poor/mixed results using it in various vapes. I haven't been able to find any vape wool or vape cotton, but think I'll cut some of the fine screen from a grinder today to put in things. Mixing this with flower isn't something I'm interested in.

Dynavap SS tip - Tossed some chunks in like sneaky pete and others do. Didn't mush it down or anything. Poor vapor and singed edges. I gave up on this pretty quick and dumped the hash straight into the...
VG Handcarved - When dumped right onto the screen from the DV, I got nice results. Still didn't produce a lot of vapor, but it produced more and I felt like I was at least properly fully vaping the hash
BFG Dani v3 - This has worked the best by far. Tossed some chunks in and heated the tip like normal. Huge amounts of vapor, and the chunks ended up as powder coating the screen. Maybe the heat or suction did that. Problem is that a ton of hash dust got past the screen and made a mess of the device.

To try next:
Vapexhale Evo Dab Nail - I have a couple of these and never used them because I don't do dabs. But seems like it would be the right device for hash?
BFG Dani v3 with fine screen installed - probably will work the same as before but keep things cleaner

FWIW, the Blueberry CBD hash really doesn't do anything. I typically get effects from CBD, but many vendors have flower that barely does anything. I'm thinking holy city might be one of those. Or maybe I'm not using enough hash.

Top Bottom