• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

best vape for hash

moodster80

hello everyone im wanting a portable that will vape my hash while im out and about I have a ego pen but that does not vape completely plus only has one heat setting ! has anyone got any recommendations was thinking of a flowermax or the new storm pen anyone got any ideas thanks

Last edited:
moodster80,

treeman

By hash what do you mean? Like concentrates or more like dry sift/bubble? Or do you mean traditional hashes like Moroccan pollen or Afghan Black?

For more modern hashes I've no idea but for traditional pollen or black the lotus is seriously the only contender IMO. The MFLB can also be good if you completely powder the hash and mix it with some weed but it is massively inferior to the lotus.

Good luck, for more oil like concentrates your probably wanting some sort of pen but I have no experience with those.

mayan

I used a Mighty to vape hash. It was a dream! I haven't felt comfortable trying to vape due to concern about melted globs but with the Mighty, I put some kief on the liquid filter and then put a screen on top of the kief pile and OMB...it was the kief heaven that I have always envisioned. Short philosophical rant follows...

Combusting kief (my sole method of delivery other than experiments with edibles and oils), has always seemed like a shame. Yeah, there's much less vegetative material being incinerated, so it has done the trick but I have been wanting to vape kief and combusting is a port in the storm. Quite good through a bubbler, I might add. Quite good? Actually the stuff of royalty. At any rate, tried to MLBF - it worked but the buildup from the vape session looked like it could clog the screen. Never tried the Buddha...but the wand just did not seem optimal. While I can appreciate those that mix their kief and cannabis, that seems to me to defeat the purpose...I wanted the pure kief experience. For the longest time. Thus, was overjoyed when the Mighty which does it with aplomb. I'm sure there are others that will do the trick. Maybe the Firefly?

mayan

I don't remember the temp I had the Mighty on...I forget whether I left it on default (probably...lazy son of a bitch) or whether I cranked it a bit higher. Whatever...it was heavenly. Hop you enjoy.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I vape bubble hash and herb in my Solo. I make a herb sandwich out of wax, bubble hash or shatter. The herb absorbs the oil. Make sure you clean up with a qtip when it's still warm.

You can use cotton to wrap up your wax or shatter and vape in the Solo, Ascent, Indica, Air or the No 2. Those are the portable that I've used the sandwich technique in. I have used it in the Pinnacle Pro too, but I don't use it any longer.

Last edited:

herbivore21

I solely use 3/4 melt bubble and solvent extracted concentrates atm (shortage of good buds :/) I find that the herb sandwich approach is to be avoided because the taste of the herb once it is fully spent (way before the hash is!) ruins the deliciousness of the hash.

I also do not use cotton of any kind (organic/unbleached/grain fed/free range/whatever you can imagine) as it seems to add something to the vapor, a slight taste and slightly different feel/texture of the vapor in ones airways.

I use the Mighty for vaping bubble. I would heartily recommend the e-nano as well, as you can keep separate GonGs to get gunked up by your hashes ;)

In the Mighty, I find best results are had by cutting a liquid pad into two pieces, 1 x 1/3 and 1 x 2/3 piece. Put the 1/3 of liquid pad in the bottom of the bowl with a stock heater screen on top of it, then put a solid layer of the hash (make sure you have crushed it up into powder to the hot air can get around it all well!) over this screen. Top it off with the other 2/3 piece of the liquid pad and then jack the temp up to 199-200c. With my @Ratchett SonG connector I completely whitewall my piece for an eternity this way :D

Regardless of what you use, I heartily suggest avoiding using anything to keep your hash out of the heater of your vape unless it is a vape safe metal mesh/wool (an appropriate grade of Ti or SS works great IME).

Last edited:

bounce5

I've read that the Vapman is a good vaporizer for hash when used with it's concentrate screens. Several people also mention placing it between two screens works well for cleanliness. It is butane torch powered. I've heard it described as a mini portable nail. It works well with herbs and concentrates.

Last edited:

phooka

I got a concentrate pipe from a local shop. Loved it so I got a slide same style for my water piece.

It looks like a reggy pipe but instead of One hole on the bottom there are multiple holes on the sides. And there's no carb. this allows you to use a glass wand heated with a torch to heat the concentrate in the dish. It requires a technique Of repeatedly raising and lowering the wand and pressing the concentrate each time. The up-and-down motion is what creates the most vapor because it encourages airflow over the hot material.

I got it at first to use with oil, Which works great, but I found it's even better suited for hash.

I also sometimes put it on a screen on my enail with a clear cap and watch it bubble like crazy. I call it a cookie or a coffin. It starts as a cookie then turns into a muffin then flattens and drys. So pretty to watch.

Tried kief in my pax a couple times. Didn't work so well.

nanobanano

I have a Vipir Rise and just mix kief in herb and it works great, adjustable heat. Also the new Haze has 2 pails you can fill with any flower or concentrate, mix and match or double dip with the 2 pans available, plus the new Haze has several temps to pick from.

nanobanano,
Reactions: NorVape

olysh pops

In the Mighty, I find best results are had by cutting a liquid pad into two pieces, 1 x 1/3 and 1 x 2/3 piece. Put the 1/3 of liquid pad in the bottom of the bowl with a stock heater screen on top of it, then put a solid layer of the hash (make sure you have crushed it up into powder to the hot air can get around it all well!) over this screen. Top it off with the other 2/3 piece of the liquid pad and then jack the temp up to 199-200c.

Since one year of Mighty use, I ve never tried a so easy and efficient way to vape morocan hasch.

And easy to clean, just scrape off screen and pad with orange tool.

Thanks a lot for sharing :)

(Efficient with E-Nano too :tup:)

vezj420

So for this purpose, I got myself an Arizer Air! Was quite stoked about the Air given its (and the Solo's) versatility with traditional hashes (where's @NorVape ITT??) :brow:

First impressions -
My Air stems came with a "basket-type" SS sieve/domed screen. Do all Airs come with these now? They look like the ones found in Arizer's EQ-type vapes:

vapir-no2-screens_c33c3db7-0b48-46cf-80b0-5e71a69b43ce_medium.jpg

I find these to be very useful for loading a stem with hash - since mine is the malleable kind, I just make a flat pancake of it and rest it at the bottom of the sieve. I then place the sieve into the stem with the open end on top. This helps with the conduction of heat to the material and also keeps the chamber spotless. Note: These screens are actually meant to be used domed-side up (to prevent particulate inhalation) but I used them inverted to prevent gunk-up of the chamber. Anyone else care to comment on this?

I find that I need to operate the Air at max temp to start getting vapor out of the hash. However, as my "puck" starts getting hot and producing nice clouds thereafter, I can dial down the temp a little bit and continue the session on 'green' (mid level for the Air).

Being my first "herb" vape ;), the Air blew me away with its potential for extracting clean vapor and flavors out of hash.The use of the basket screen (my method with dome down) can sometimes create a 'convection heater' effect, reducing the amount of vapor. However, I like to think that this also yields more flavorful lungfuls. :razz:

I have yet to try with cotton...

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
So many threads on vaping traditional hash already. Why another one?

VapourHaze,

moodster80

I just break the hashs up or cut it with a knife as fine as i can get it bang it in the storm turn it up to 4 and away you go , I only use the storm for hash and got to say it blows my head off

almost legal

Hi folks, my tumbler season is about to start (when it gets cold enough) , however I'm not really happy with my mighty for vaping the results, both pressed or unpressed. I also have a dab storm but with my hash it gets too gunked up.
I'm looking for an electric portable, easy to clean (no exposed coils). I also don't want to be making weed/hash sandwiches.
I was thinking about the latest dab storm 2.5 but haven't seen much info about it here. I'm in Europe and don't want to get anything shipped over from the USA.

almost legal,

ghostofcyberx13

And That Ain't No Joke, You Can Disappear In Smoke
Well I just received my Airvape XS yesterday for the portable factor. Now I'm waiting on a brand new Volcano Digital(Starter-Kit and free for $314(Plus 10% Calif. Mafia). I wish to smoke some form of hash, hash-oil, concentrate etc. I would think a high grade solid type that I could break up and put into a bowl might be the answer, but I'm a FNG(Fucking New Guy) to vaping and to buying legal hash or a hash type variant. I will shopping next week at the Apothecarium SOMA for my very first legal buying experience, and I'm just trying to gather all the info I can before that grand adventure. Thanks. Sayonara.

ghostofcyberx13,

biohacker

Vapcap all the way

Just about to pull the trigger on my first, just for hash. I hope it meets or exceeds my sv3 experience! (which has been absolutely stellar).

Should I buy the M? Or go with the Omni or vong? Does it really matter? I think I read somewhere that the Ti tip was essential if using it with extracts.

Gray Area

Just about to pull the trigger on my first, just for hash. I hope it meets or exceeds my sv3 experience! (which has been absolutely stellar).

Should I buy the M? Or go with the Omni or vong? Does it really matter? I think I read somewhere that the Ti tip was essential if using it with extracts.

I've been considering doing exactly the same myself... :nod:
I get nice Moroccan hash from source from time to time. Not full melt but bubbles nicely nevertheless and is pretty nice.
Usually I use my lotus, with the hash on a bed of flower. It's nice, but you get that problem, as mentioned before, that the flower is finished much earlier than the hash.
I think they're doing concentrate pads for the lotus now, so I was thinking of checking that option out, but I really want to try a vapcap out for hash only...

I had a not so great experience with an og VC I got from the crowdfunded startup thing they ran... but tbh it broke before I got much chance to play with it, and I was using it for flower at the time and found the bowl just a little too small. Won't be that problem for hash I guess, and the M looks pretty robust.

I also have a friend who kind of really wants to start vaping, but combusts hash pretty much exclusively, and is often away from power or battery chargers. I think a VC M would be perfect for him, but am reluctant to recommend it without trying it myself/letting him try it first.

So I foresee another vape purchase in the near future when I've recovered from the overspending at Xmas time...

Top Bottom