Best temp for vaping weed to produce clouds

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I have an Arizer XQ2 and I’d like to try and get big fat clouds using the balloon system, because I’ve inhaled plant matter with the whip one too many times. What would be the ideal temp for this?

DrömmenOmFrihet,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I have an Arizer XQ2 and I’d like to try and get big fat clouds using the balloon system, because I’ve inhaled plant matter with the whip one too many times. What would be the ideal temp for this?
I don't own an XQ2 but if the temp control is accurate on it, I'd say the limit you'd want for thick vapor that doesn't get too harsh would be in the 380-390F range. Higher than this you risk harshness as well as releasing pre-combustion compounds that are unhealthy. Just my :2c:

TigoleBitties,

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I loaded a new bowl some 10-15 minutes ago and just bumped the temp up 10 degrees. I’ll give it a couple hours to cool completely and see what difference that makes. I’ve been running it around 420 for maximum couchlock-ness. Thanks! What are these pre-combustion compounds of which you speak?

Last edited:
DrömmenOmFrihet,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
This is a good article about vaping temps. See section 2.6.
Big grain of salt with those boiling temps and recommendations:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Big grain of salt with those boiling temps and recommendations:
Yeah it's a big debate although I would say I feel that on the whole, lower temp vaping should generate less harmful compounds is a true statement.

What would be nice is to find some peer reviewed science that uses an apparatus to capture the vapor from different vapes at different temps and then analyze the contents of the vapor. Using the vape as a sort of "black box" where variables like temp/evaporation/conduction and other physical effects are unknown but in the end we don't care bc we just analyze the vapor that's output from the "black box".

If the contents of the vapor contains carcinogens or other unwanted compounds then I guess there's cause for concern. I'd venture to say there is a correlation between higher temps and unwanted compounds.

Useful link to get started reading...

Last edited:
TigoleBitties,
Top Bottom