Best Single Hit Vaporizer For Perfect Dosage and Experience Replicability

nms

I'm not comparing, I'm just presenting the awful approach I currently am limited to. The apparatus means lack of portability, need for being plugged in, having a different set of pieces to put together in order to use it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm not comparing, I'm just presenting the awful approach I currently am limited to. The apparatus means lack of portability, need for being plugged in, having a different set of pieces to put together in order to use it.

yeah comparing flowerpot That's how I feel it's a big complicated thing, a log has a little bit of complication but as much simpler when you use it... And like I said smaller in general, but yeah you're going to be using a separate glass stem like solo, but in a much more efficient way... actually all the pure convection on demand vapes I listed use a separate glass stem, that is just a very efficient usage, especially for one hit wonders... I guess grasshopper is the option if you want everything all in one but that is not comfortable to use natively for me so also needs some sort of apparatus...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I don’t recall you mentioning wanting something portable, it’s best to list all desired prerequisites in your original post. Portables are catching up in recent years but many experienced users still feel that desktops provide the best vaping experience, especially for vaping small amounts which logs excel at and are literally designed for this. A log vaporizer is a time-tested design which has been around for decades.

A lot of this is very much perspective based - for example I hate dealing with batteries so needing to be plugged in is a benefit for me.

nms

I am not looking for something specific but for a set of possibilities I can later choose upon and that was a way to unlock the thread to new possibilities. Perspective based is what I want.

nms,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I am not looking for something specific but for a set of possibilities I can later choose upon and that was a way to unlock the thread to new possibilities. Perspective based is what I want.

Have you checked out the Vivant V Leaf Go? It’s designed to vape small amounts of flower and heat up instantly at a very economical price. Might be worth exploring and getting your feet wet with. I’ve not had a chance to try one yet but there’s a pretty good thread on this site for the Vleaf Go https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vleaf-go-on-demand-convection-herb-vaporizer.48623/

Shit Snacks

Have you checked out the Vivant V Leaf Go? It’s designed to vape small amounts of flower and heat up instantly at a very economical price. Might be worth exploring and getting your feet wet with. I’ve not had a chance to try one yet but there’s a pretty good thread on this site for the Vleaf Go https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vleaf-go-on-demand-convection-herb-vaporizer.48623/

I'm not such a fan of its vapor quality compared to the other high end portables I listed, but it would be a great alternative for you @nemesis_567 to get one of these for under $60 and then get the bamboo heat island so all in you'd have a portable and a plug-in for around $200 or less?

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I don't know if there are better alternatives out there, but what I'm looking for with this message is to now find a different kind of suggestion, if there are any left.
I’ll throw another suggestion. A cheap heavy hitter, especially with a DDave mode, is the Arizer Extreme Q. It was definitely geared towards to masses and not the connoisseur. I got mine new for $100 off Amazon. When paired with DDave’s 14mm adapter and an elbow pack it’s a efficient micro dosing tool. The digital temp control makes it very repeatable. It takes a couple minutes to heat up but I feel this vape is pretty safe to leave on for extended periods of time. It is wonderful at large bowls too, should you ever move away from micro dosing. If any of the lingo here confuses you let me know. I’m happy to explain. I was confused about this vape when I first started researching it....but it super simple.

Zoltani

I too like small amounts at a time and have tried a range of vapes, mostly portable. The only portable that is satisfying for me is the dynavap vapcap. It produces excellent vapor and it reliable as long as you have your technique down, even more reliable with an induction heater.

The flowerpot is actually amazingly simple, at least the weedeater is. The concern of it being too complicated and looking too "druggie" kept me from buying in for a long time. I finally decided to pull the trigger, I am so happy I did, and wish I had sooner. It is extremely reliable, and you can clear really small amounts in one hit. You can also load more and take a few hits or clear in one huge rip. It really depends on the user, but most find that it does best with smaller amounts, actually. FWIW if I load my dynavap vapcap with my usual load and then dump it in the flowerpot bowl it is way more than I would normally put in the flowerpot.

I am surprised to hear that you can clear a solo in one hit. My solo 1 would take a long time to clear, but maybe i was just packing too much. I personally do not like the draw restriction on that device, and after using the flowerpot with near 0 restriction, I prefer it.

Edit: just tested the heat up time of the weedeater. Turned on the coil read 90F and was up to 680F in 3mins 37seconds. I usually give it another minute to heat soak, but have taken a hit without doing that.

nms

I have a VapCap on the way. Heat Island seems interesting, except I see it being a problem to get it in Europe. Arizer Extreme Q seems to be a good price, why is it so low in comparison to most other Desktops?
I can't clear my solo 2 with one hit, even using 1/4 1/5 of the bowl size, I just don't clear it completely.

Shit Snacks

I have a VapCap on the way. Heat Island seems interesting, except I see it being a problem to get it in Europe. Arizer Extreme Q seems to be a good price, why is it so low in comparison to most other Desktops?
I can't clear my solo 2 with one hit, even using 1/4 1/5 of the bowl size, I just don't clear it completely.

oh yeah Europe is a whole other ordeal, but there are logs available there too... I think Alan can still ship to Europe, send him an email and see! Just means paying more for shipping I guess... And EQ is just old and not as strong as some of the newer heavy hitter desktops, but also it is pretty big and involves extra apparatus by the way...

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Arizer Extreme Q seems to be a good price, why is it so low in comparison to most other Desktops?
Probably because it’s mass produced, mostly plastic, and has no new cutting edge technology. It’s funny how many connoisseur around here have been in love or still have love for the EQ. I feel that Arizer is a decent company and the low price is not a reflection of the quality of vapor that can be achieved.

DOOM

From a long-term smoker who is chasing the couch-lock feeling

Solo with gong and long stem bong....I just place it for 2 mins and take a huge bong rip. I have a flowerpot too but I prefer the solo with water adapter.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

Solo with gong and long stem bong....I just place it for 2 mins and take a huge bong rip. I have a flowerpot too but I prefer the solo with water adapter.

Wow! I’m a bit surprised to read that, but certainly intrigued.

Do you run it at max temp to get those dense heat soaked hits? I used to run my Air like that.

GoldenBud

that is shocking for me. i never was a smoker, so i will never understand that. but i respect this opinion as I know some people (mainly ex-smokers) will use their Dynavap Vapcap instead of taking out the Herbo/FP just because they are too lazy and they think it's not worth it for the moment.. but still - each person - each opinion ;) I will always prefer the uplifting feeling from convection..

the Solo can really put you in some couch lock possesion, that's for sure haha .. especially on highest temp and long draw!

GoldenBud,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I have zero problems with the dial on my logs. Of course, digital voltage controllers are available, but I've never felt the need for one. Once you find the right spot for you on the dial, it is amazing. I know exactly where the right temp is on that dial for my own personal taste. I don't even care what temp it is, as long as it's the right one for me.

Just like my Silver Surfer vape. The dial doesn't even have any numbers or lines or anything. I just learn my sweet spot, and that's where it's at for me. I find the experience with these kinds of vapes much better than we looking for a specific digital temp number. It's not the temp of the herb when you are inhaling anyway. It's just an obscure number indicator, and you still have to find your sweet spot.

I love my flowerpot. It's got very precise temperature control. And, for flower, I've settled into 635f to be my sweet spot with the glass piece I currently use it with. But that's not the temperature in the bowl when drawing at all. that's the temp of the coil that heats up the metal body above the bowl. So, the temp I set it at is just as obscure as a number on a 1-10 dial. I find the sweet spot that works for me and I go from there.

You can trip yourself up looking for a specific temp. I find that just finding your sweet spot, learned by taste and experience with the device, is much more satisfying than trying to hit a specific temp.

I like to show people this pic I took of my log in action, as an example how much you can milk your glass with a log. I bet you'd like to drink this milkshake. That was all tasty vapor, with no combustion taste. :smug: :

IMG-2006.jpg
@Ramahs

sorry for responding in an old thread, but I recently purchased a Woodscents and I’m looking into water pieces to use with it. I like that design a lot (I might be abusing terms but I think it’s a sidecar oil rig?), but I’ve not seen the little pullable carb before. Do you happen to know the name of that piece/have a link? If you can comment on its ability to draw smoothly/relatively unrestricted and provide cooling that would also be neat!

gordontreeman,

howie105

Hey, I'd like to know what's the best single hit vaporizer. What I'm looking for is a vaporizer that I can put a specific ammount of weed into, preferably a small ammount(<.05) and know that once I finish the first hit the material is completely vaporized. This is great for managing dosages and knowing exactly how much I need to consume to obtain the specific effects I need.

What would you guys recommend? I will set up a poll when I find the possible candidates.
I am currently using my E-Nano as my one hitter vape, the oven portion of the stem is marked off in .05g increments, so I can always get very close to the same dose with every use. Just watch the tamp and the grind those two can upset the consistency apple cart.

howie105,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
@Ramahs

sorry for responding in an old thread, but I recently purchased a Woodscents and I’m looking into water pieces to use with it. I like that design a lot (I might be abusing terms but I think it’s a sidecar oil rig?), but I’ve not seen the little pullable carb before. Do you happen to know the name of that piece/have a link? If you can comment on its ability to draw smoothly/relatively unrestricted and provide cooling that would also be neat!

No apologizing necessary. One of these carbed adapters is an excelent thing to use with a vape like this. It made my experience with this vape 100% better.

I got this one from thickassglass.com. However, they appear to not stock it anymore.

If you want a high-end/high-quality version, then OregonGlassBlower is what you want to look at:

Like this: https://oregonglassblower.com/14mm-Glass-Adapter-With-10mm-Carb-14M-14F-14-10c.htm
Or this: https://oregonglassblower.com/14mm-Cloud-Buddy-Y-Adapter-with-Carb-14CB.htm

However, others here could probably share links to < $20 chinaglass versions.

Last edited:

Kins

I too like small amounts at a time and have tried a range of vapes, mostly portable. The only portable that is satisfying for me is the dynavap vapcap. It produces excellent vapor and it reliable as long as you have your technique down, even more reliable with an induction heater.

The flowerpot is actually amazingly simple, at least the weedeater is. The concern of it being too complicated and looking too "druggie" kept me from buying in for a long time. I finally decided to pull the trigger, I am so happy I did, and wish I had sooner. It is extremely reliable, and you can clear really small amounts in one hit. You can also load more and take a few hits or clear in one huge rip. It really depends on the user, but most find that it does best with smaller amounts, actually. FWIW if I load my dynavap vapcap with my usual load and then dump it in the flowerpot bowl it is way more than I would normally put in the flowerpot.

I am surprised to hear that you can clear a solo in one hit. My solo 1 would take a long time to clear, but maybe i was just packing too much. I personally do not like the draw restriction on that device, and after using the flowerpot with near 0 restriction, I prefer it.

Edit: just tested the heat up time of the weedeater. Turned on the coil read 90F and was up to 680F in 3mins 37seconds. I usually give it another minute to heat soak, but have taken a hit without doing that.

The FP does well with smaller amounts because the bowl is too small. It's need to be packed lightly so the air can circulate around the herb. The bowl that it comes with is large enough that "small" amounts can be loaded and there will be more air to circulate around the herb for more even cooking and a better hit. I like single big hits, but more enough taking my time with a bowl and not having to reload constantly. Sure you can put a little more in and pack it but it's gonna give you hot spots that way and you'll have to stir it, and that makes for a pain in the ass and a mess. Please make a bigger bowl! @NewVape710

Kins,
Top Bottom