Best session vape for < $500?

• Thread starter Deleted member 63587
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 63587

I have a DynaVap that I like to load with some concentrate for big hits but I was looking more for something that I can just sip on for a while. I'd only use it at home so portable/desktop doesn't matter, just looking for whatever works the best. Thanks in advance.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Large surface area on demand convection vapes are my preference (i.e. Splinter Z, Tetra/Tubo, Tinymight, etc). A Sticky Brick would also make a great second vape.

I'll always prefer on demand convection to electric session vapes (Mighty, Fury, etc.) where you run a dinky heater for five minutes and are inclined/expected to fully vape whatever you started.

D

Deleted member 63587

Large surface area on demand convection vapes are my preference (i.e. Splinter Z, Tetra/Tubo, Tinymight, etc). A Sticky Brick would also make a great second vape.

I'll always prefer on demand convection to electric session vapes (Mighty, Fury, etc.) where you run a dinky heater for five minutes and are inclined/expected to fully vape whatever you started.

If you had to pick one of the kind you suggested what would you go with? From what I've read it seems like the Tetra P80 is the next best thing to a portable Flowerpot.

Vaporware

The FlowerPot has the advantage of actually being the FlowerPot (and getting its power from an outlet instead of a battery). :rofl:

Most of the portables with powerful convection heaters like the ones bossman listed get good reviews here too though, if you prefer the portable form factor and don’t mind its drawbacks.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
If you had to pick one of the kind you suggested what would you go with? From what I've read it seems like the Tetra P80 is the next best thing to a portable Flowerpot.
Someone else should weigh in on your various desktop options. I've only owned an enano but didn't care for the slow heatup and vague/slow temp control.

Of the portables I mentioned I'm most experienced with the Splinter Z and recommend it if you can find one used here or on r/entexchange.

I owned a Tubo X but haven't owned or tried a Tetra so others should comment on that as well. Everybody loves the Tetra P80 and I'll likely buy one at some point. For me personally it's hard to justify because the Tinymight is more portable and my stable of Splinters has me accustomed to a modular platform where the heater isn't permanently attached to a $30 single cell Wismec mod.

The Tinymight is my most recent addition and has been great so far. The heater is shaped like the spiral coil in an old car lighter and in my use hasn't matched the larger Splinter Z heater for flavor. The Tinymight design is also much more compact than any Splinter/mod/stem combo and less confusing than any box mod powered vape. It just has a dial from one to ten and a fire button. Unlike my old enano I find the Tinymight knob to be useful in a wide range from maybe 3.5 to 8.5 and again unlike desktops the heater goes from cold to clouds in around five seconds.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I use my WoodScents from Ed's TNT the most when not dabbing and just kicking back having a veg...I like it so much I got 2(one is all you really need). :2c:
The bonus is you can use it with your DV stems, it replaces the cap on your DV with a nice wooden and Ti low restriction(compared to the cap) log that can be dialed to whatever temp you like...no clicks to worry about.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Shit, I guess the op did ask specifically about session vapes. Sorry if any of my convection talk was off topic. Even for sipping I'd rather have on demand convection and take hits of any size right when I want them.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Shit, I guess the op did ask specifically about session vapes. Sorry if any of my convection talk was off topic. Even for sipping I'd rather have on demand convection and take hits of any size right when I want them.

Thats how I feel. No reason an on-demand vape CANT be used in a session setting. The difference, IMO, is a true "session" vape feels like a forced session. Where as you can still have a session with an on demand vape, but at your own pace.

Example: Watching a movie, want to vape... I have my conduction/session vape, my IQ2. 8 minute cut off. I end up feeling like I have to huff on it for 8 mins straight with minimal breaks between hits.

Same scenario, but with something on demand like a tiny might. Even though it has a session setting, I've only used it once. I could be watching a movie, pick up the device, never takes over 10 seconds to heat up, a hit, if I want another one, the follow up heat reaches temp a lot faster than the initial one, and if I dont want another one, I put it down and hit it in a little bit when I want to. It's still a "session" but it's on my own terms.

I mean I guess it extracts a lot quicker in a direct comparison, but I can also turn the temps down low and sip on it for a while...

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
You can totally use something like a Tinymight in prolonged session scenarios and I agree, for me it also works better than most dedicated session devices, *however*, what it won't allow is to „sip“ on it. For me a TM session is pretty much done after a maximum of five, maybe even six hits, then it would need reloading. Something like a MiniVap or Vapbong allows to stretch a session much better. You can load them with a healthy amount of flower and keep hitting it forever.

shopdognyc

I am a fan of everything, mostly.

Sticky Brick, Dynavap and Lotus are great at home, all butane powered.

For at home, one of the log vapes would be great. Woodscents super, same with Enano, and the Underdog is on sale now too.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
You can totally use something like a Tinymight in prolonged session scenarios and I agree, for me it also works better than most dedicated session devices, *however*, what it won't allow is to „sip“ on it. For me a TM session is pretty much done after a maximum of five, maybe even six hits, then it would need reloading. Something like a MiniVap or Vapbong allows to stretch a session much better. You can load them with a healthy amount of flower and keep hitting it forever.

Yeah I guess it depends on ones definition of sipping, plus at the end of the day, that's pretty relative to bowl size.

I can use my TM in away that I personally would consider sipping. Sure, I have to reload more, but it's got a relatively smaller oven I think In comparison to a MiniVap or VapBong, no? So still sipping, just reloading more often. Fortunately with the TM it takes me literally 10-15 seconds to reload.

At the end of the day I definitely wouldn't consider the volume of flower to be the deciding factor of if something is "sippable" or not though.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah I guess it depends on ones definition of sipping, plus at the end of the day, that's pretty relative to bowl size.

I can use my TM in away that I personally would consider sipping. Sure, I have to reload more, but it's got a relatively smaller oven I think In comparison to a MiniVap or VapBong, no? So still sipping, just reloading more often. Fortunately with the TM it takes me literally 10-15 seconds to reload.

At the end of the day I definitely wouldn't consider the volume of flower to be the deciding factor of if something is "sippable" or not though.
Yeah and with the RBT stem adapter the bowl can be as big as you like
IMG_20200923_171323.jpg

Siebter

Less soul, more mind

No, the deciding factor and why I mentioned the Vapbong and the MiniVap is even vaporization, both are able to deliver very uniform hits throughout a session, while something like a Tinymight would try to extract everything in the first couple of hits. With some work you can make any vape move a bit more in one direction or another, but when I think of sipping, something more mellow and streamlined seems to be more appropriate. The Volcano, as mentioned by @invertedisdead, is actually a perfect example of what I mean.

shredder

I actually use my sic halo as a session vape. Session vapes don't have to be herbal vapes, do they?

I use rosin at low temps and get 12-15 hits off a dab. Keeping the temps low allows for more flavor but less intense hits, and more overall hits than using at a higher temp. And somewhat surprising to me, if I turn the temps up at the end of a dab I rarely get much more, maybe one more hit. So I don't think im missing much as far as effects over higher temp vaping, other than speed.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I actually use my sic halo as a session vape. Session vapes don't have to be herbal vapes, do they?

I use rosin at low temps and get 12-15 hits off a dab. Keeping the temps low allows for more flavor but less intense hits, and more overall hits than using at a higher temp. And somewhat surprising to me, if I turn the temps up at the end of a dab I rarely get much more, maybe one more hit. So I don't think im missing much as far as effects over higher temp vaping, other than speed.
That is how I like to use the sai+\Sequoia.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I have a tinymight and splinter z v2. Tm is dummy proof and can go through herb easy, splinter z is pretty easy in wattage mode, but if I had to pick one for a sesh I'd go with a splinter. The TM gets hooooot after bowl 4. Splinter you dont have to hold the heater in your palm n wat not. If I could go back I would have skipped over a lot of portables now that I have some desktops. My preference is heavy hit, flavor, versatility, and I always macro dose with wife so something that can keep up with long hard sessions without skipping a beat. I cant believe I thought I could cross all those with a portable...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
12-15 hits off a dab
I sit at around 450f and get 1 or 2 hits per dab, 3 or 4 if I really load it up but any more and my terp balls send unvaped oil down the spout!
For a long session vape I use my Plenty, longest time between bowl refills in my collection but I save that for the end of the day because it usually ends me!
I like sipping on my WoodScents all day though, I can pack/unpack it in the dark without looking now after a bit of practice.

Vaporware

Any reason no one mentioned the Mighty as a "sipping" conduction vape? Seems like this is what the OP is looking for.

I often wrongly assume that other people also have an aversion to sharing mouthpieces, so I only mentioned things that people could use with their own stems/glass/whatever (I even have some silicon mouthpieces for sharing glass), but the Mighty would probably do a good job here for someone who doesn’t mind sharing a mouthpiece. It’s just not where I’d personally put my money.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I even have some silicon mouthpieces for sharing
Typical S&B pricing,
1600933087364.png
I would not recommend the Mighty in this case as flat batteries are a party pooper!

shopdognyc

Typical S&B pricing,
View attachment 2796
I would not recommend the Mighty in this case as flat batteries are a party pooper!
Don’t remember the actual term but you can plug the Mighty in and use

Top Bottom