Best portable vape for microdosing: TinyMight or HR Rogue?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
the V3 is not as bad as that, with a completely cold vape mine heats up to max temp 428F in 14 seconds. lower temps are much faster and if you are back to backing hits while the vape is warm heat up is only seconds. tinymight is a little faster but its not a great divide like it is between the tinymight and a session vape that takes a minute or two to fully warm up. the tinymight is more powerful than the V3 but again the difference is not earth shaking. tinymight airflow is a bit more open and comfortable than the V3 which is a little restrictive but nothing like a Dynavap which is like sucking a milkshake through a narrow straw. you will be able to take smaller hits with the tinymight and get the same amount of extraction as the V3 with a longer inhale.

They were saying 20sec heat up for Rogue, vs 5sec for TM/v3pro... Is what I thought at least! But yeah it's not really as simple as that, it depends on the temp settings, really its a difference of on-demand style vaping versus session style, not heat up time...

vape_confusion

EDIT: now I am thinking of TM or V3 (sorry) because I don't want to use a torch.

A) Would a V3 work with using a basket screen or dosing capsule to reduce the chamber?

B) Does a V3 extract everything as with TM (I don't care if I have to take more hits with V3)

Really excited about my first vape and it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't have thought of V3! You rock!

---------------

Original post: After a lot of thought I have decided to choose between TinyMight or DynaVap 2021 M (maybe with a TI tip).

Would loading 0.01, 0.02 or 0.05 work with TM with a dosing cap or basket screen and finish it in on go? I have read that some load 0.02 with no dosing cap/basket screen and put the stem in the TM upside down but then when you reverse the unit the small amount will fall on the screen mesh which protects the heater. Isn't that a huge no-no as it will messy up the mesh screen?

I would rather choose TM since it has temp control so I can control the effect as opposed to the Dyna which has a learning curve and might not get the same effect as choosing a temp with TM.

Again, thank you so much for your help! It is helping me narrow my choices and have a better overview of what I should go for!

‐-------

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
EDIT: now I am thinking of TM or V3 (sorry) because I don't want to use a torch.

A) Would a V3 work with using a basket screen or dosing capsule to reduce the chamber?

B) Does a V3 extract everything as with TM (I don't care if I have to take more hits with V3)

Really excited about my first vape and it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't have thought of V3! You rock!

---------------

Original post: After a lot of thought I have decided to choose between TinyMight or DynaVap 2021 M (maybe with a TI tip).

Would loading 0.01, 0.02 or 0.05 work with TM with a dosing cap or basket screen and finish it in on go? I have read that some load 0.02 with no dosing cap/basket screen and put the stem in the TM upside down but then when you reverse the unit the small amount will fall on the screen mesh which protects the heater. Isn't that a huge no-no as it will messy up the mesh screen?

I would rather choose TM since it has temp control so I can control the effect as opposed to the Dyna which has a learning curve and might not get the same effect as choosing a temp with TM.

Again, thank you so much for your help! It is helping me narrow my choices and have a better overview of what I should go for!

‐-------
What made you replace the V3 with the vapcap for your other option?

The vapcap gets over recommended because in the past it's been the most affordable and efficient option. However, it scores low on flavor and needs to be reheated for each hit with a waiting period after that hit before you heat again. Induction heaters improve the ritual but push the total cost over two hundred bucks and you're still waiting on heat up and cool down clicks.

It also has uniquely tight draw resistance and really works best if you learn to take big, successive cigarette drags. I prefer the more traditional technique of vapes like the TM and V3 where you just hit it as long as you want (although you can experiment with little cigar puffs to get the V3 cooking before you start your hit).

I'll be unlikely to recommend a vapcap to any new vaper now that the V3 is here. The ease of use, consistency, and vapor quality are easily above the results from any of my vapcaps, even omni and omni xl vapcaps that cost over $150.

Plus you'll never find a vapcap user who hasn't combusted by accident on occasion. It's unfortunate when it happens and if a vapcap is your first and only vape it can sideline you until you get home to clean it (or taste like a fucking ashtray if you just press on). The V3 will never combust and the TM, which has the most power of the three, is easy to control with the little dial (I use mine between 4 and 8 and have zero complaints about the quick extraction in that useful range).

Between the TM and V3 the TM is the more high-end device. That said I love the V3 and don't think there's anything for under $200 that competes with it. It certainly isn't perfect but it is the perfect first choice because it's easy to get good, consistent results and then you know what the next generation of pocket portables can do without spending more than a hundred dollars to get going.

Just to complicate your decision further: no, the V3 and TM aren't great with dosing capsules. It tends to just make for wispy hits that don't show what the vape is capable of. I'd recommend just a V3 and a little doob tube of ground flower to tap in when you want to refill. As long as you wait for the chamber to cool before using the plastic poker on the mouthpiece to empty the bowl you have everything you need for vaping out with just the V3 and a little tube stash.
PXL_20211124_135623836~2.jpg

Last edited:

Petetbay

I did some testing on the V3PRO using Davinci glass spacers with a screen under spacer herb on the bottom. The small spacer gives you slightly less than half a bowl and was pretty much normal taste and vapor lasts like 5 long pulls @ 365F. Tried large spacer gives you a very small maybe 1/8 inch pancake at the bottom run @ 380F got 2 pulls and was reminiscent of a Dynavap hit, really not bad. Micro dosing not really my thing except for Vapcaps. I found the taste way better than using the dosing caps. I never tried a ™, but I wish I had one, it seems to be crowd pleaser around here, someday.

vape_confusion

What made you replace the V3 with the vapcap for your other option?

The vapcap gets over recommended because in the past it's been the most affordable and efficient option. However, it scores low on flavor and needs to be reheated for each hit with a waiting period after that hit before you heat again. Induction heaters improve the ritual but push the total cost over two hundred bucks and you're still waiting on heat up and cool down clicks.

It also has uniquely tight draw resistance and really works best if you learn to take big, successive cigarette drags. I prefer the more traditional technique of vapes like the TM and V3 where you just hit it as long as you want (although you can experiment with little cigar puffs to get the V3 cooking before you start your hit).

I'll be unlikely to recommend a vapcap to any new vaper now that the V3 is here. The ease of use, consistency, and vapor quality are easily above the results from any of my vapcaps, even omni and omni xl vapcaps that cost over $150.

Plus you'll never find a vapcap user who hasn't combusted by accident on occasion. It's unfortunate when it happens and if a vapcap is your first and only vape it can sideline you until you get home to clean it (or taste like a fucking ashtray if you just press on). The V3 will never combust and the TM, which has the most power of the three, is easy to control with the little dial (I use mine between 4 and 8 and have zero complaints about the quick extraction in that useful range).

Between the TM and V3 the TM is the more high-end device. That said I love the V3 and don't think there's anything for under $200 that competes with it. It certainly isn't perfect but it is the perfect first choice because it's easy to get good, consistent results and then you know what the next generation of pocket portables can do without spending more than a hundred dollars to get going.

Just to complicate your decision further: no, the V3 and TM aren't great with dosing capsules. It tends to just make for wispy hits that don't show what the vape is capable of. I'd recommend just a V3 and a little doob tube of ground flower to tap in when you want to refill. As long as you wait for the chamber to cool before using the plastic poker on the mouthpiece to empty the bowl you have everything you need for vaping out with just the V3 and a little tube stash.
View attachment 14615
Thank you for the detailed response! The reason why I scratched off the Dyna from the list is because it is not as easy to use as the TM or V3 and it has no adjustable temp timer even though I onow it is a powerful device and that with time you can really put it to use.

I wanted to use dosing capsules just to microdose better and not fill the regular chamber up to 0.1. Was thinking of reducing the load tp 0.05 or 0.025 directly in the chamber but I am not sure it will work as well.

vape_confusion,

vape_confusion

I did some testing on the V3PRO using Davinci glass spacers with a screen under spacer herb on the bottom. The small spacer gives you slightly less than half a bowl and was pretty much normal taste and vapor lasts like 5 long pulls @ 365F. Tried large spacer gives you a very small maybe 1/8 inch pancake at the bottom run @ 380F got 2 pulls and was reminiscent of a Dynavap hit, really not bad. Micro dosing not really my thing except for Vapcaps. I found the taste way better than using the dosing caps. I never tried a ™, but I wish I had one, it seems to be crowd pleaser around here, someday.
Wow! Never heard of those spacers! Sounds like a perfect solution!

So you first put in the material, then the screen, then the spacer? From what I have seen on youtube, you can either put in the material then the spacer or the otherway around.

Why use a screen and where can I find one (I want to purchase the V3 and spacers on VapeFully.com)?

This solution really rocks!

vape_confusion,

Petetbay

Why use a screen and where can I find one (I want to purchase the V3 and spacers on VapeFully.com)?
The screen keeps herb from plugging the holes in the spacers, you could run without a screen but I like running like this. I used a non-mesh SS screen I think it might be off a Flowermate Nano not sure, but a mesh screen will work. At the bottom is best as it’s convection so you get max heat as it enters bowl. I just ordered 2 sets of Davinci Zirconia spacers last nite yum yum.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thank you for the detailed response! The reason why I scratched off the Dyna from the list is because it is not as easy to use as the TM or V3 and it has no adjustable temp timer even though I onow it is a powerful device and that with time you can really put it to use.

I wanted to use dosing capsules just to microdose better and not fill the regular chamber up to 0.1. Was thinking of reducing the load tp 0.05 or 0.025 directly in the chamber but I am not sure it will work as well.
Fuck me, I wrote that last post misunderstanding how you copy pasted the original post: I thought it was an edit saying you were leaning toward the vapcap again. False alarm and my mistake, carry on! 😂

bossman,

vape_confusion

The screen keeps herb from plugging the holes in the spacers, you could run without a screen but I like running like this. I used a non-mesh SS screen I think it might be off a Flowermate Nano not sure, but a mesh screen will work. At the bottom is best as it’s convection so you get max heat as it enters bowl. I just ordered 2 sets of Davinci Zirconia spacers last nite yum yum.
Sorry but I am bit confused.

1) First you load the herb, then the mesh screen so the herb won't plug the holes, then the spacer?
2) Why not just put the spacer, then mesh, then herb - so that the herb is as close as possible to the heat?
3) Are davinci zirconia ceramic spacers better than davinci glass spacers? How so? Effects differ?
4) What is a non-mesh SS screen? Where can I get one?

I'm sorry for flooding you with questions but the solution with the spacers is an amazing one to use with the V3 and I really appreciate you taking the time to even test this option for me! Many thanks!

vape_confusion,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

In my experience, if your goal is microdosing, then you shouldn't bother with dosing capsules, it doesn't really make sense, they hurt the efficiency in a pure convection vape... I also don't think you need to worry about reducing the chamber size of the V3 pro, sure you don't want to load too little, but you don't have to fill it full or anything, and it is a small chamber, and with it being on demand you can take a few hits and then come back to it later, if you want to microdose the tiny amount, it makes sense to turn the temp up because it is relative to the load as well and then it could be efficient that way too... Yeah the TM is a bit easier, with the basket screen in the glass stem, to load just enough to cover that screen, and it can extract very fast even at the lower temps, I like to start the dial very low though to milk as much out of the load as I can (though I am also loading more) Good luck!

Petetbay

Sorry but I am bit confused.

1) First you load the herb, then the mesh screen so the herb won't plug the holes, then the spacer?
2) Why not just put the spacer, then mesh, then herb - so that the herb is as close as possible to the heat?
3) Are davinci zirconia ceramic spacers better than davinci glass spacers? How so? Effects differ?
4) What is a non-mesh SS screen? Where can I get one?

I'm sorry for flooding you with questions but the solution with the spacers is an amazing one to use with the V3 and I really appreciate you taking the time to even test this option for me! Many thanks!
Lot’s of questions.
1) yes herb at bottom of bowl 1st where the heat enters, then screen, then spacer which keeps everything in place and reduces bowl size. If it was conduction vape you might put the herb on top of the spacer/screen to try capture more heat from the bowl sides where if the herb was on the bottom the heat produced by the top part of the bowl sides would be exhausted into the air flow but never impact the herb and is wasted.
2) doesn’t make sense herb at top is farther away In convection vape as it enters thru the bottom.
3) zirconia is ceramic, in theory takes more heat to heat up and cools slower as compared to glass that heats up and cools quicker. Better? I hope to find out. They both do the same thing as bowl reducers, but there are advantages with ceramics I hope to take advantage of. Glass is ok though.
4) SS on left, mesh(Argo screen) on right, with the spacers in back, the spacer holes are big thus the screen used.

92CDA6F7-CDF0-4E31-871F-17092B5E7AF7.jpeg

vape_confusion

Lot’s of questions.
1) yes herb at bottom of bowl 1st where the heat enters, then screen, then spacer which keeps everything in place and reduces bowl size. If it was conduction vape you might put the herb on top of the spacer/screen to try capture more heat from the bowl sides where if the herb was on the bottom the heat produced by the top part of the bowl sides would be exhausted into the air flow but never impact the herb and is wasted.
2) doesn’t make sense herb at top is farther away In convection vape as it enters thru the bottom.
3) zirconia is ceramic, in theory takes more heat to heat up and cools slower as compared to glass that heats up and cools quicker. Better? I hope to find out. They both do the same thing as bowl reducers, but there are advantages with ceramics I hope to take advantage of. Glass is ok though.
4) SS on left, mesh(Argo screen) on right, with the spacers in back, the spacer holes are big thus the screen used.

View attachment 14632
Many thanks!!

vape_confusion,
Reactions: Petetbay

Zipford

I want to buy my first vape which I will use for microdosing.

Things I am looking for:
- must be portable and on demand
- able to load the bowl once and take a puff or two daily for a week or so or when I feel the need for a small bump... without having to reload each day/session
- be able to control the dosage to get the same effect each time
- conserve flower
- high quality and good battery
- would be great if I don't have to stir but it's not a huge deal breaker for me

After looking at so many vapes I have narrowed it down to TinyMight and HR Rogue (I know the Rogue is not on demand).

I really like the look of HR Rogue, digital display and big battery even though it is a session vape.

1. Would I be able to use the Rogue as an on demand vape without having to reload dosing capsules each day or each time I want to take a couple of puffs?

2. With the Rogue, will filling the bowl normally, taking a puff or two and then turning it off immediately to resume another day degrade the quality of the flower since it is always heating?

3. From what I have read, TM may need stirring while Rogue does not (but... some say that the Rogue cooks evently because the heat is always on).

As for the TinyMight I am worried that if something breaks, customer support will not be able to replace it or it might come defective. Even though form is more important to me, I am not a fan of the wood design of the TM.

Sorry for the huge wall of text but I am so confused between the two. Would love some help! Thank you!
I own the Fury Edge (used only with capsules) and the Tinymight. The TM is definitely better all around, but if you're going to take a vape out and about, I'd rather use the Edge with the stock mouthpiece and capsules. Very easy to reload on the go with capsules.

I use both with small doses, no problem, and I stir neither. Battery life seems better with the Edge, and the TM seems to die with little warning (but you can just swap a fresh battery in).

For a first vape, the Edge/Rogue is a very good choice because it is simple, just works and is easy to use. The Tinymight again is better, but it tends to need tinkering and you kind of need extra stems, extra batteries, a charger, and so on. Over time, however, I've found the Edge takes on the popcorn smell, so you may need to deep clean or just replace the silicon parts in the air path.

With both, I'll take 3-4 hits off a fresh bowl on a low temp (370/5-6), and then come back and finish the bowl later at a higher temp (420/8). So you'll get high twice, but in both cases, after the second hit the taste really drops off. I find the effects to be predictable and repeatable for both.

I'd also give the VMax a hard look, people here (and in this thread) who know what they are talking about speak pretty highly of it (no pun intended).

Phytotherapy

as a avid micro doser your usage case does not sound appealing to me. in fact if this is important to you .........

effects can vary a great deal depending on temperature and having a large load in the tinymight that you temp step your way through will change slightly each time you step up, not consistent imo. taste falls off overtime, your first session will be very tasty, the rest bland. hit will also vary at different temps with more extraction at higher temps then lower, you could try taking shorter hits as you step up but how much shorter??? each time and tracking how long your hits are sounds like work and tedious and not consistent imo.

this is just not feasible without a desktop like the ditanium or something else with a large bowl, portable wise you would be looking at a Minivap, and again not my preferred method.

my advise is forget about not loading each time. you will have a more enjoyable and consistent experience dialling in temperate and load size you want.

how portable??? do you want to be able to take it room to room in your house or do you want to use it walking down the street??? if you want the best micro dosing set up for the tinymight you want the wpa (water pipe adapter) because frankly it is better for micro dosing than the stock stem ime this does mean you would have to pair it with a bong for a water filtration option or my favourite would be a glass j hook which is a dry stem. a wpa paired with the tinymight basket screens is micro dosing perfection! with the wpa you can pack the smallest possible load, unlike the stock stem which need a certain amount for the load to keep integrity and not fall out of the stem, the wpa does not have the same limitation the load can be just a dusting to cover the bottom of the screen, with the wpa you use the tinymight upside down so there is no concern of the load falling out of the stem onto the heater screen.

another option that would give you all of the options you asked for would be a 510 cartridge vape
What amount does the the TM stock stem at minimum need to keep integrity in your experience?

Phytotherapy,

Dr. G

Old Resident
When I think of micro dosing...I think of my Vapmans...for me that is truly a micro dose.

Dr. G,
Reactions: Glorg

hoptimum

For your purposes you might also consider the Pax3, Pax Plus or the Pax mini. They seem to tick all of your boxes. The Pax3 is very small and pocketable, with a rather large bowl unless you use the half pack lid. The Mini is even smaller, with a smaller bowl.

I typically use the Fury2 or the Pax3 for concert environments because they're small and easy to use. Most of the time I lean toward the Pax3 for 1-button operation.

The Pax isn't the best all around vaporizer for all situations, but under certain under the radar circumstances, it works very well for me.

hoptimum,
Top Bottom