Best of the Haze Vaporizer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Hello Everybody,

This is Emily from Haze Technologies. It is a great pleasure to finally be part of this forum and part of this thread. Two of my associates and myself will do our best to answer your questions and interact with those of you who formed and contribute to this informative thread. We have been following this forum for a while now and we would like to thank you all for your support, feedback and trust in our product. Again, we will strive to be as active and helpful as possible in answering your questions and addressing your concerns. Please know that we will respond to as many messages as we can within the limits of the allowed rules of this community. We have great respect for this community and for the management of this forum. If your question/comment is not answered or responded to by us, it is likely due to our obligation to stay within the guidelines and decorum of this forum . We are looking forward to sharing this great experience with you.

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have just read all pages now. A lot of information, feedback and ideas. Amazing...I am glad to see that almost all postings are positive and reflect a good rate of satisfaction so far. We will keep improving for sure. We have several accessories currently under development. We should start releasing these soon and will share the pictures here as well. Water tool attachment is one of them. Currently we are working on the design phase for this. We want to make sure that our design will be unique and serves the need of the majority. Working with glass is tricky so that is the longest lead item in our list but we are getting close on that accessory. Others will be sooner. Thanks again and have a good night.

Haze Vaporizers,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

NickDlow

Log Hog
@trevorzamani I can not wait to get my haze and try it out with wax!
What are your best tips?
What are every ones best tips for vaping wax!?
I want to be as educated with vaping wax as I can before my Haze arrives.
If anyone has any valuable input on vaping wax the haze please, please either post here or send me a PM!
Thanks guys and girls!

There really isn't much to it IMO. You don't need too much concentrate, just a dabs worth maybe a lil more. I also hold my unit horizontal rather than vertical so the can doesn't tip n spill. Adding concentrate to some herb is also great too. It enhances the flavor, length, and ur high. I like using the same strain bud with the same strain of concentrate I made it from it will knock ur socks off lol hope this helps a bit

NickDlow,

smokey_da_vape

My biggest problem with the haze is that the straw gets stuck at the bottom and doesn't pop out until the Unit is heated and the res at the bottom softens up. I found that the little pick you get with the davinci ascent fits inside the straw and fits under the power switch. It slides out with no problems and works for pulling the straw out.

smokey_da_vape,

virtualpurple

I remove the stem every few sessions and wipe it down with a q tip and some alcohol. Works great.

virtualpurple,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Obv specific GonG or WonG would be a lot better
That's why we keep @Ed's TnT around here!
HazeVapeampStems_zps48b072fd.jpg

:peace:

Vape Dr.

@Vape Dr., great pics. Where did you purchase your Haze? Also, if possible could you give a review on how well it vapes wax/shatter? I've got an Ascent I've been using for about 9months, but it doesn't do straight oil/wax very good at all. It does bud very well and I have very few complaints overall but the more I see and hear about the Haze the more I want to try one. For me to purchase the Haze I need to know that it vapes oil/wax very well, good taste and decent clouds. I'd like to hear more about the taste from vaping buds and wax. Does the vaper get very hot on the throat? Do you have to draw hard to get decent clouds from buds and from wax/oil? I really wish that I could use one before I purchase it but since I cannot this thread sure helps. Thanks.

@Norcalsun I purchased the haze direct from the manufacturer.
Wax & shatter, that was my first thought as well.

The Haze is just a wonderfully crafted device with tons of great unique extras (I love the tweezer/shovel!).
@trevorzamani thank you for all your advice and reviews on how the Haze vapes waxes and oils!

The Haze comes with everything you need and then some.

I loaded up one of the cans with some shatter. The same amount as the DVD shows.
I would call it a dab, maybe a large dab but no more than .1g.

I fired the Haze up to 4 and enjoyed some of the most delicious vaped shatter only to be rivaled by W9 Tech.

I LOVE my oil! I have now pretty much everything W9 Tech offers in the way of oil vaporization.

For me to compare the enjoyment of my oil/shatter to that of any W9 Tech oil device is astounding to say the least!

YES YES YES! YES 1000% times! The haze vapes shatter like a freakin champ!:clap:
I am truly as amazed, as I am impressed at how well the Haze vapes oil. Shatter non the less!

Will have a review after a week of testing.
Thank you Haze for putting out a great product.
I look forward to doing my review!:tup:

:science:

scottg402

im so depressed everytime i attempt to use oils/cans i end up waisting my precious supply. i must be doing something wrong lol cause all i hear is how awsome it is in it. i just mix my wax with my herb in the conduction screens=fat clouds.

I don't have experience with oil/wax but I can tell you that the amount of herb you put in and how you push the lid down with herb is critical! If you don't have the lid on correctly you won't get the proper air flow through the can and you will in fact waste your material. This happened to me early on before I realized how important this was.

Other big factors are battery level (the unit performs best with good batteries) and how you seat the cans in the bowl. You should have the hooks facing the opposite way of the door hinge.

I hope this helps.

scottg402,

scottg402

i pack it roughly 3/4 full and do not compact it at all. I always put the can in the right way, like in the dvd, I belive it to be how i put the lid on. I'll edit this post later about how it goes

Ean...when I pack my cans I use a fine grind and pack it in relativity tight pressing it down but not jamming it in there like my Pax.

If you've read up on this thread you know that I pack a bunch up at a time to keep me going for a couple weeks at a time (unless I am binging :lol:). I use pretty fresh material that I get it straight from the grower and store it in a CVault.

After a couple days of the material sitting in the cans the herb dries out a bit. Like I said it's tight so I have been experimenting a bit with poking my tweezers in the load to mix it up a bit. Still too early to comment on the effectiveness but the logic for me was to increase airflow through the herb in the can. I will get back on my final thoughts but so far I like this.

Also you probably know that the cans take a bit longer to heat up and get going then the screens do. The updated unit is much faster (more in that later) but there is still a difference.

I have tried multiple methods of drawing before the lights stop blinking to waiting 30-60 seconds after they stop. If you are chasing clouds it will serve you best to wait but I find I can start feeling the affects on the first couple draws either way. I might add that the first four-five draws on the Haze are extremely flavorful and the taste doesn't degrade significantly after that. That popcorn taste you get with a lot of other vapes is not an issue at any point I can recall when using it on temp 3 and only comes around in my experience after a 20+ minute session when you end on level four.

I am not trying to convince you to use the cans. Do what works best for you. I am just trying to share what technique works for my material. Yours may differ which also may be a factor.

Performance differences aside I just love the convenience of the cans for preloading and cleaning. In my experience the performance of the cans v. screens is on par and even if were a little less I still might opt for the cans for the portability and cleaning.

scottg402,

scottg402

Does the Haze vape bud throughly and uniformly? Do you need to stir the cans to get all the bud to vape? This is one of the most impressive things about the Ascent. No stirring and the whole bowl is completely and uniformly vaped. As you might have guessed I'm trying to decide if the Haze could replace my Ascent. I'm really disappointed that the Ascent doesn't vape wax/oil straight, you can mix it with bud and vape it but not alone. I'm throughly satisfied with the way it vapes bud.
Thorough and uniform abv with no stirring. Nice even brown on setting 3 and dark brown if you go to setting 4.

I had an Ascent and I MUCH prefer this. It's not that the Ascent is bad, it's far from that. I just think all the features of the Haze outweigh the digital temperature control. If Haze added more it would be no contest IMO.

scottg402,

NickDlow

Log Hog
@virtualpurple, Thanks for that comparison, great info, just the type of details I'm looking for. Is the Haze vaper noticeably hotter? And how is the draw? I realize it has a lot to do with how you pack it but overall would you consider it a tight or looser draw.I consider the Ascent, when packed firm, to have a light, easy draw until the 4 holes in the internal straw start to clog up. Also how easy is it to clean out the cans after using oil/wax in them? Do you soak or swab with Iso to clean the cans? Is the airway really simple to clean? Can you reach every part that comes in contact with vapor? Because that's where it will need to be throughly cleaned throughout its use. Thanks again, don't mean to be a pest just need this info.

I personally use 20 cans for herb/wax/mix. The herb only cans I get multiple uses from. I just give it a quick scrape while it's warm. The mix cans I can get 2-3 uses from cleaning while it's warm anymore I soak in ISO. The wax cans go straight to an ISO soak. I usually soak till I run out of cans basically. After they soak a quick qtip swab and they are usually good to go. Some may need a little more elbow grease. As far as the unit I dip 2-3 qtips together and go right down the main air path where most cleaning is needed. I just repeat that till it's clean. My oven stays clean because all I use is the cans but once in a while I'll give it a quick swab. There is also a little air path from each I've that I stick a ISO pipe cleaned thru. And the stem is pretty obvious.

As far as comparing the two vapes I've never owned an ascent

NickDlow,

scottg402

I personally use 20 cans for herb/wax/mix. The herb only cans I get multiple uses from. I just give it a quick scrape while it's warm. The mix cans I can get 2-3 uses from cleaning while it's warm anymore I soak in ISO. The wax cans go straight to an ISO soak. I usually soak till I run out of cans basically. After they soak a quick qtip swab and they are usually good to go. Some may need a little more elbow grease. As far as the unit I dip 2-3 qtips together and go right down the main air path where most cleaning is needed. I just repeat that till it's clean. My oven stays clean because all I use is the cans but once in a while I'll give it a quick swab. There is also a little air path from each I've that I stick a ISO pipe cleaned thru. And the stem is pretty obvious.

As far as comparing the two vapes I've never owned an ascent

I use the same cleaning regimen as Nick but I soak my cans every time. I am herb only and could probably get away with a wipe down and reuse but I have so many cans now that I just scrape the ABV out and dump them in iso.

I keep my iso in a small Tupperware container about the size of a pudding cup. A holds a few ounces of iso and all my cans. Just shake and all the stuff you didn't scrape out comes right off in the bath.

Like Nick, when I run out of preloaded cans it's time to clean, grind and reload!

Edit: Oh I almost forgot.....I soak the silicone lids in coconut milk. You can probably just give them a quick wipe with a q-tip and some iso but I find it easier to just dump them in their own bath.

scottg402,

scottg402

Thank you!!! I tried soaking them in some citrus based organic vape cleaner n they blew up to triple the size lol I put them in ISO after to shrink them back. If I leave them in the ISO the size is a little off. Does the coconut milk clean them? How long do u soak them? Nd I'm assuming they stay the same size right? Lol
Don't thank me. This was an idea given to me from @Vape Dr.

I usually put them in the container dry after I dump the abv. When I get to grinding and cleaning my cans I fill up the container with coconut milk. I would love to leave them in the milk all the time like I do with my cans in iso but the milk is perishable so I just soak them for about 10-15 minutes while I am grinding up my herb. I give the container a rigorous shake, dump the milk and dry them off. They come out looking brand new!

scottg402,

grizzlygarebear

That's coconut MILK. In the dairy section.;)
While you aren't wrong, I would recommend the canned coconut milk that is found in the Asian food section of your average supermarket. It has a significantly higher saturated fat content than the coconut milk in the dairy section and thusly will absorb more of the THC from the resin left behind on the caps. That is of course assuming you do consume the milk after the soaking!

grizzlygarebear,

Vape Dr.

It's looking like it's between this and the Persei with all of the attachments for vaping different stuff. Off the top of my head I think in the end it will still be cheaper to pick up a Haze................thoughts?

If your just looking to vape just oils, the Persei and globe with the nibbler G or the Hercules with the nibbler X is where its at. I Love My oil, and I love W9 Tech.

However if you looking for a dual purpose vaporizer that comes in a very close second to the any W9 Tech oil vaporizer, the haze is absolutely awesome!
I can truly say that the haze is very, very close to the persei with the pure taste of oils, and it is a little more conservative IMPO.
The only downfall is you have to hold the Haze horizontal when you vape oils, and maintain the stem. Remember these oils are sticky.

I am getting ready to try oil with a cotton pad that I soaked in re-claim and see how that works.
I understand Haze is also working on new cans which is awesome because their current cans work fantastic!
I have been so happy with the way my haze works so far.
Review to come soon!

:leaf:****Question for all Haze owners*****:leaf:

If you never use the #1 setting for E-juice please "like" my post.
I am curious as to how many people actually use temp #1.
I would love to see another useable herb temp IMHO.

I would really love to what other haze owners opinions are.
Thank you.:tup:

NickDlow

Log Hog
I ordered my second Haze v3, in black today. I love this unit and can't get enough. I'm going to use my first gen for my water pipes. After jimmy riggin a little set up for water I can't stop using it. I can't wait for Ed to send me the WonG so I can get a real WA for my Haze. But this is still fun!!!

NickDlow,

Vape Dr.

S
if its got the docs approval Im all over it, we are like minded in terms of our vaporizers! Im going to purchase one directly from them so I never have to worry about any warranty issues. Possibly next week!

Has anyone timed how long it takes to reach each setting when the battery is performing good?

Yes Sir!

The Haze takes almost exactly 1 minute to reach temp #4 although sometimes less (depends on charge state of battery).
I never used temp #1 so not sure but probably less than 30 seconds.

Temps 3 & 4 take less than a minute to heat up (45-60 seconds).

@llamaman001 IMHO, I believe you will truly enjoy the Haze!:tup:

Vape Dr.,

NickDlow

Log Hog
The updated cans are going to be made with a different alloy that heats up faster than the old cans. There is no date on their release but hopefully it's soon. As far as colors, they're on the site: black, blue, green, and purple.

Edit:
Also when I say "updated version" I'm talk about the most recent units. The original Haze, like I own had the blinking feedback lights when it reheats after each hit, the silicone oven top w/o the ss tops and I believe they beefed up the hinges since the original. So the updated versions have the new SS tops on the oven, blinking lights only on heat up and the upgraded hinges. If I missed anything please add

NickDlow,

scottg402

My haze should arrive today!

A few questions I've been thinking about. Are you guys packing the cans tightly or on the loser side and is there anything I need to do before I start using the vape. Thanks all.

Welcome to the club!

I would encourage you to read up a bit on this thread. I think you will find that there are a lot of useful tips.

Regarding the cans....personally I pack them around .25 grams of fine grind herb (which makes it relatively tight). I think most folks just run it through a normal shredder. That said I would encourage you to experiment a bit to see what works for you. Your material used could have an influence on your experience so what works for me may not work for you. Try the screens too but I suspect you will be coming back to the cans based on solid performance, portability and ease of cleaning. Make sure the lids are positioned correctly and you don't overfill the cans. It makes a difference.

Other tips.....

*do your burnoff's and soak your mouthpieces. You should not see any off gassing (at least no reports here yet) but you should do it anyway. Edit: Burnoffs are not recommended and can be harmful to the unit.

*Make sure your batteries are charged up good. Low batteries seem to have a diminishing effect on performance.

That's it for now. Feel free to ask other questions but again they may already be answered in the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
scottg402,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your ongoing support, feedback, comments and questions. We received so many great feedback over the last couple of months and our team has been working hard to implement most common requests that came from you guys. Last few weeks our customer service team received several comments and questions about the All Purpose Can usage. Based on these comments, we believe that there can be a misunderstanding between some users regarding how to use cans with dry herb.

I wanted to clarify this. When you are using dry herb in the can, you will need to place the black silicone lid back on the can after packing your herb in the can. Apparently some users think that the black silicone lid only applies to wax and oil/e-liquid content but it is not. It needs to be used with all material. We received several questions/comments stating that there should be a screen to prevent herb getting into the chamber or to be placed on the can. When we explained that the lids are for that purpose, users had a much better experience with the cans.

If you expose your herb inside the can directly to the heating bowl, there will be no seal to prevent material going into the air path and also they will not confine the heat as well. The lids have a special design which routes air through the can and funnels the vapor to the air path. This not only allows denser vapor but also prevents your herb getting into the air path.

Our team is currently working on making this more clear on the supplied DVD and on the manual to prevent this confusion.

Another feedback that we commonly receive is that some users accidentally try to place the mouthpiece upside down. (so the thick bottom part was inserted up top). The provided DVD and manual shows the correct way of installing the mouthpiece already but we are working on including additional visual direction within the box which demonstrates the correct installation direction of the mouthpiece.

Our improved second version has been out already and we have been receiving great feedback from you guys on our new improvements. Haze was a small family of vapor enthusiasts but now we are becoming a much bigger family of passionate people with you. Every email we received from every single one of you have been extremely generous, thoughtful, courteous , joyful and most of all helpful. This applies to all other customers who have been following this thread and although some of them are not yet part of you guys on this forum, we still consider them family like you. We encourage all our buyers to become a part of this group here as well.

So please keep your comments, feedback, criticism coming. We cannot get better without these.

I will be back with more announcements soon.

Thank you again and we appreciate you.

Emily

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Emily,

I heard and read you have a version 3 out or in the works that will have a few more smalls improvements. Is this true and if so how far down the road? I'm not asking for a specific date and time just the basic information and any other gems of information you would like to share with all of us here on FC.

By the way everyone, Haze is just as fast with their service/questions/replies on Facebook as they are by phone and email. I will rave about Haze to all.

I just hope that your small family passion,quality and service are not tainted by the growth. I am happy to hear that you are growing but please don't sell out.......what I mean is become all about the evil reserve notes and not about people and the passion for vaporization.

God bless you all at Haze and thanks for stopping by, you should more often. cheers! :)
Thank you Nick and thank you ichibaneye.

Nick, I am glad that you bought a second unit and hope you will enjoy it even more than the original one.

ichibaneye,

We do not have a third version or any plan on a 3rd version within 2014. When we come up with a new improvement, it will still be applied within current version since we already optimized it. The V3 may be a possibility early next year. We are currently working on improvements to existing accessories and will be adding more accessories as well. We should be able to announce these within the next month or so. Maybe earlier.

Our core management has set values and it reflects on how they threat their staff as well as their customers. Most of us have been with the company for a long time and these values are shared between us. So I do not think that anything will change in that regard but again, it is mostly you guys who will push us to be better. Not only with our product but also with our service, communication and culture. That's why we keep asking for feedback, feedback and more feedback please.

Thanks again and chat with you guys soon.

Emily

Haze Vaporizers,

scottg402

So I have been with my new unit for about a week now and I figured I would drop some feedback.....

First off let's talk about the new door design because I think this is the most significant improvement.
Here is a pic of the OG vs. the V2......

20141006_212755_zpsjftiooto.jpg

20141006_212709_zpshhwfzysh-1.jpg

The unit on the left is my OG. You will notice it has the silicone seal that goes over the two chambers which keeps the seal over the bowl and keeps the door from melting off. On the V2 the silicone is still there but there is a stainless cover over it. This helps in a couple ways:

*Durability- check out the old one and the marks on there from the can. This was only going to get worse.

*Taste- This in theory but I honestly don't notice any difference.

*Cleaning- No matter what you did you were not going to take care of that discoloration on the old one with a wipe down. You can with the new one.

*Heat up time- This is the biggie! I usually start on temperature level 3 so I timed from cold to there. I placed a can in each with my standard .25 g of fresh herb. The old unit took 2 minutes 13 seconds to heat up. The new unit took only 58 seconds! Once it got there it didn't seem any different but the heat up time was a bit of a gripe of mine when using the herb in the can method. Now it's competitive with a lot of other vapes in this class so I am real happy about that!

Other items that were improved that I will comment on now:

*They applied a fix into the unit to reduce glass mouthpiece stickiness. Not so much in my experience. This isn't a deal breaker but I am again resistant to use the glass for fear it will get stuck in there or break off inside or even break the unit like my OG. I think there is more work to be done here and they can make these minor tweaks on the fly. Keep after this one please @Haze Vaporizers

*They also applied a fix for o-ring issue. No problems here.....

*The main door snap's shut even better. As I stated before this is true but the solution still leaves me a bit unsatisfied. I would like them to keep working on this and battery latch. The battery latch will keep the battery in there on it's own but if you bump it the wrong way the door could open and your battery could fly out. The main door has double the snapping power but the lack of confirmation that the single snap suffered from is just multiplied by two now.

Even with these minor gripes I still thrilled with the new model and am pleased they keep looking for ways to improve it. I can look past some of these cosmetic wishes because I know its a versatile solid performer.

Here are a few more items that @Vape Dr. and I were discussing and shared with Haze already. I am now putting it out here to see what how important these things would be for other users.

*I already mentioned the stealth black unit but I would also like a stealth black mouthpiece to go with it. No silver or glass. A nice black anodized mouthpiece would be great!
*Temp settings- Sorry but I am going to :horse:one more time in hopes that others will comment and express their support on this one.......Haze has already said they wouldn't add temp settings until the next gen comes around. But this doesn't mean they can't change the four they have right? As Vape Dr. said how many people are really using the first setting? I would like see that be the bottom somewhere around 355. Next level around 370. Next level around 390 and the last one 400+ for wax.

*Charging- This is a next gen one for sure but I would love to have the ability to charge the battery in the unit or externally.

*Battery Checker- I would like to see some way to check the battery before a flashing red and it's dead.

*Sell the silicone can lids separately. Depending on how you clean them they could lose some form. They also get lost real easy. Right @ean ? LOL. Why not sell these separately so if you ruin/damage yours you don't have to poney up the cash for the whole can to replace them.

What else would you like guys?

In the end they could keep it as is and I would be happy. That said the new heatup time is a huge step in the right direction so I am excited to see what's next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom