Best flavor for battery vape?

buzzy funny

I'm looking for opinions on best flavor for a battery-powered vape. Doesn't need to be totally portable - I vape mostly at home. I just want to be able to move it around the house. I have a Tafee Bowle, TM1, Mighty, and a (dead) Firefly. Herborizer for desktop. Thanks in advance.

buzzy funny,
Reactions: Choices

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I'm looking for opinions on best flavor for a battery-powered vape. Doesn't need to be totally portable - I vape mostly at home. I just want to be able to move it around the house. I have a Tafee Bowle, TM1, Mighty, and a (dead) Firefly. Herborizer for desktop. Thanks in advance.
It seems like you have two of the commonly recommended vapes for flavor already (TM and Bowle). I often hear the Minivap recommend alongside those for outstanding flavor in a battery vape.

You could also consider a Prrl Neo. I recently picked one up secondhand and I'm really enjoying it. Really excellent low temp flavor especially with the Terp Surfer.

Good luck!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm gonna vote for the Minivap, given the ones you already have, unless....

If you happen to like the glass stem experience like the TM, it might be worth finding a used Splinter or Milaana type thing (RBT)...

Texus

Considering what you already have, I'd go with the YLL Angus. Halogen heaters are great for flavor especially with certain strains (tho I haven't discerned any real pattern there). Very similar to Mighty in form factor and usage, but much cheaper and has swappable 1650s to boot.

BIg Halo fan as well for halogen. While it that isn't battery powered, IIRC connector is identical to Herborizers, so that could be a nice option where you are just swapping in a different head to the same cord. .

And while not as much of a flavor champ in my book, the Firewood 9 might also be worth considering, since that'll also have a different heater design (more of a convection/conduction mix) that you might appreciate in terms of different flavor emphasis and effects.

RxPlorer

Have Taffee. Previously had TM1 and Firefly. I recommend AirVape Legacy Pro for consistent great flavor

buzzy funny

I'm gonna vote for the Minivap, given the ones you already have, unless....

If you happen to like the glass stem experience like the TM, it might be worth finding a used Splinter or Milaana type thing (RBT)...
Thanks! I didn't know they were still making these. If it's similar to the experience of the Bowle, I think I will like it. Just read a quick review and it looks like you heat it up and just leave it on and draw on it like an on demand. Is this your experience?

buzzy funny,
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks! I didn't know they were still making these. If it's similar to the experience of the Bowle, I think I will like it. Just read a quick review and it looks like you heat it up and just leave it on and draw on it like an on demand. Is this your experience?
It has 4 built-in 18650's, so a charge lasts a very long time. Yes you can leave it on for a long session, of basically on-demand type hits. But not all day like a log.

There are actually a variety of use methods for Minivap. I guess one and done isn't one of them! But you can do small loads if you like.

I enjoy sharing with my wife, it's a
leisurely vape to hang out with.
Flavor hits long after the Mighty would taste like crap. We use Mighty more for in the car...
We have two Bowles that we certainly reach for the most, but...battery life....returning for service....etc., make me glad to have this reliable tasty beast.

I'm not an expert with it. I know that they have made different types of Minivap, different 'cores' and they behave differently., convection/conduction-wise. Please get more opinions than mine before spending this kind of money!

Oil420FL

Thread title and his first post ask about battery powered vapes...
Some ["purists"?] would argue they aren't true logs if they're battery powered. But Alan at Toasty Top makes the iHeat which runs on a box mod and with DNA box mod software updates this is an option. Or the Zenith by Cloud Connoisseur with Box Mod option, but since he's moved on to building ball vapes I'm not optimistic these will be available anytime soon. And Alan's wait list is measured in years. So I guess these aren't good options for the OP :-/

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Check out the threads about the MV, a lot of people really like it, for a true convection session with great flavor... There are a lot of variables and varieties offered though (I don't feel like bowle has great flavor at all because of the limited pathway options and temp settings)

How are you using your TM? That is one of my favorites for flavor, with aftermarket glass stems, or WPA and right angle hook... I never use stock setup so I never think of that when I praise the TM experience generally now just my fancy glass lol

Which Firefly did you have? You could get another one, newer one, people praise it for the flavor, it can be pretty incredible especially with whole nug... But I find it a pretty tedious experience now with FF2+ personally so much so that it is annoying to use even for that?

If you're not opposed to torch based, or using an induction heater to make it battery-powered, there are even more options that offer really pure flavor potentially (my eyes on the Tempest as I have the thermal accumulator already but no IH yet)

Finally have to mention tetra and BAK although they are not easy to get!

buzzy funny

Check out the threads about the MV, a lot of people really like it, for a true convection session with great flavor... There are a lot of variables and varieties offered though (I don't feel like bowle has great flavor at all because of the limited pathway options and temp settings)

How are you using your TM? That is one of my favorites for flavor, with aftermarket glass stems, or WPA and right angle hook... I never use stock setup so I never think of that when I praise the TM experience generally now just my fancy glass lol

Which Firefly did you have? You could get another one, newer one, people praise it for the flavor, it can be pretty incredible especially with whole nug... But I find it a pretty tedious experience now with FF2+ personally so much so that it is annoying to use even for that?

If you're not opposed to torch based, or using an induction heater to make it battery-powered, there are even more options that offer really pure flavor potentially (my eyes on the Tempest as I have the thermal accumulator already but no IH yet)

Finally have to mention tetra and BAK although they are not easy to get!
Thanks!

I use the TM a few different ways: stock, 3D long stem, hook, not anymore with the WPA beacuse if I'm going to set up a bong I use the Herborizer. I like it a lot. Just looking for other options out there.

I had a FF2+ and it was OK for a while but a PITA as you suggest. It died on me and I had no desire to get another with better (for me) options available.

Not a fan of torch vapes; my wife is probably right that I'd burn down the house!

Right now the Minivap looks like it's at the top of the list for the next vape. There are also some mentioned in this thread that I haven't heard of so I'll check them out (have had the Prrl on the radar for a while too).

I feel like when the pandemic hit vape tech just kind of froze - was wondering if there was something really different out there.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I use the TM a few different ways: stock, 3D long stem, hook, not anymore with the WPA beacuse if I'm going to set up a bong I use the Herborizer. I like it a lot. Just looking for other options out there.

How are you using a hook, if not with WPA? I rarely use TM on a bong, WPA, a plain one not the one with the glass screen or multi adapter, just a plain 18 mm (I use RBT stems backwards since I have so many but Rogue sells them too) through an awesome hook like the triple right angle sidecar from Oregon Glass Blower gives some of the best vapor quality... But I also really like my U-turn stem from Good Vibes Boro and my other stems from him including WPA... I never used the stock stuff at all, I have the extra long stem and should sell it... It's kind of annoying you have to use the shallow rimmed basket screen with it, I prefer a rimless basket screen inside the stem a little bit with some room... The GVB stems are nice with their flat screens fitting in well too. There are a ton of options for aftermarket TM stems and they really level it up!

Not a fan of torch vapes; my wife is probably right that I'd burn down the house!

Yeah that's why I mentioned the induction heaters, because I also do not like using the torch, so it's worth looking into those setups as something really powerful (tempest is a super portable ball vape so check it out)

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
There is also all the rage over the new Venty by S&B. Can tell you much, but there are a bunch of review videos. Expensive but supposed to be good for flavor and cooling. Better airflow than the Mighty.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: buzzy funny

Finessseee

Bowle and MiniVAP are amazon flavor, but I prefer packable glass Vapor paths for that.. Arizers, TM 2, Logs should all be elite as it gets flavor wise.

buzzy funny

How are you using a hook, if not with WPA? I rarely use TM on a bong, WPA, a plain one not the one with the glass screen or multi adapter, just a plain 18 mm (I use RBT stems backwards since I have so many but Rogue sells them too) through an awesome hook like the triple right angle sidecar from Oregon Glass Blower gives some of the best vapor quality... But I also really like my U-turn stem from Good Vibes Boro and my other stems from him including WPA... I never used the stock stuff at all, I have the extra long stem and should sell it... It's kind of annoying you have to use the shallow rimmed basket screen with it, I prefer a rimless basket screen inside the stem a little bit with some room... The GVB stems are nice with their flat screens fitting in well too. There are a ton of options for aftermarket TM stems and they really level it up!

Yeah that's why I mentioned the induction heaters, because I also do not like using the torch, so it's worth looking into those setups as something really powerful (tempest is a super portable ball vape so check it out)
Yes, I've got the WPA attached to the hook I just don't use it for water! I have a cheap hook but I'll look into Oregon Glass Blower. I've had my eye on the GVB stems but never pulled the trigger - maybe it's about time.... Thanks!

Top Bottom