Best dry herb vaporiser for mouth to lung vaping? Ideally with an intake hole that can be covered?

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
The constant reloading of the cap is the main issue, especially as it gets so hot. I guess I could live with that. I'm sure I can streamline the reloading process if this becomes my main smoking method.

Yeah, sounds like what you really need is a good de-bowler/magnet setup, esp if you get an IH.

With a good routine, the Dynavap is one of the quickest vapes to reload. Pull cap, de-bowl, straw load, and go again. It’s more time waiting for the click which, with an IH, is seconds away.

Vaporware

More often than not I find that if I raise the heat a little the hits will be more comfortable with less coughing.
Seems counter intuitive but that's what I experience.

That’s a good point. With the FlowerPot for example, if I crank the heat up I can take a shorter hit and it may be easier on my throat.

When I’m talking about hot hits I don’t mean the temp the vaporizer is set at, but the feeling of heat in my mouth/throat which is more dependent on the type of heater, the vapor path, etc. than the exact temp of the heater.

For example at the same temp a VapCap with a standard straight condenser will feel hotter to me than a Firewood 7 based on vapor path, materials, etc.

I know it sounds like I’m anti-VapCap or something, but I’m not. I have a bunch of them and still use them, but if I’m using them straight they’re a bit harder on my throat than my other options so I make sure to drink more water before and after.

People with tougher throats may not be bothered at all. :)

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Yeah to me when needed a hotter hit feels more stable and comfortable.
i have no knowledge of VapCaps - i think maybe you're referring to dynavaps but again this has not been my direction.
From the vaporizers i've used the MFLB has the shortest vapor path.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I have to say I find dry herb vapes and nicotine vapes give me much more of a tight chest and sore throat than smoking ever does. I've smoked spliffs for years and I never cough anything nasty up, I clear my throat a lot, but it's never uncomfortable and it always feels effective, just a very gentle throat clearing (barely a cough) and when I do it it feels like whatever I was trying to shift has actually shifted. My chest never feels tight and it's never a proper hacking 'smokers cough' even in the mornings and I chain smoke joints throughout the night while I'm working.

The vapes on the other hand make my chest and throat feel tight, and when I cough it's one of those nasty uncomfortable coughs that feels like it's not shifting anything anything. Perhaps a small bong with water would help.

Late to the party, sorry – there's a principle we should know about when switching from smoking to vaping (both e cigs and vaporizers) that *could* be the culprit for your issues too.

Here's how it works: when we smoke we overload the →cilia of our respiratory system; the cilia is responsible for keeping our throat and lungs clean from dust and all the other particles flying in the air. That overload due to smoke results in the cilia being pretty much paralyzed and unable to do their job, hence more and more particles gather in our throats without being taken care of. However, the cilia is pretty good at coming back to life once it's not overloaded with smoke. One example would be a smoker who hardly coughs while smoking, but does so heavily every morning when he didn't smoke for some hours.

When we switch to vaping exactly the same might happen: the cilia recovers, gets better and better at keeping our pipes clean, hence we (initially, it goes away soon unless you smoke again) cough a lot after stopping to smoke. It's quite a bit counterintuitive, but would also explain why you experience the same symptoms with two very different vapor types (e cig & vaporizer).

So - I'm not really getting on with the mighty. I find the flavour lacking and I find it harsh and tickly on my throat even at low temps,. I don't like the long slow pulls, or the sipping method. I've tried it through a water piece too, I didn't find it made much difference. I wanted to love it, but I just don't. Frustrating, but there we go.

I'm determined to find a solution that works though, so I went all in on the dynavap. I ordered the Simrell Vortex XL on the recommendation of @Cannabiker and I love it. I also looked into IH's. The cheapest good quality one I could find was around £120, so I figured I'd just pay the extra £15 and pick up an ispire wand, which works amazingly well.

Now if I get a nice slow heatup before the first click then take a big pull while feathering the vortex carbhole, I get a mouthful of thick flavoursome vapour, and it really does feel like pulling on a joint, to the point where I've had to pull the cap off to double check I'm not combusting! I can finish a cap in two heat cycles of big cloudy hits that are bigger, more flavoursome and cooler than the mighty, even when I tried the mighty through water. I could potentially get used to this 😁.

I was surprised at the difference the vortex made. @endof3d you recommended the stinger stem? So is that a replacement for the curly intercooler part that goes inside the vortex, or the vortex itself? What difference does it make?

A couple of things I've noticed about the dynavap. If the ground bud has any powdery content (which it usually does unless it's quite damp or you filter out the kief with a kief catcher) then that powder seems to get sucked into the dynavap chamber easily and clog it up and effect performance. I've taken to just jamming a tiny chunk of bud in there and it's been a revelation to be honest, it really works SO much better. There's never any powdery plant matter getting sucked through, but the bigger revelation is that I swear the hits seem bigger, more flavoursome and more potent. I guess there's technically more plant matter in there compared to fluffy ground bud so that explains the increased potency I guess. I also think the moment a bud hits the grinder something happens and the terpenes start breaking down as soon as they are exposed to the elements... I'm definitely noticing a real flavour difference with whole chunks of bud compared to ground. One of my issues with the mighty and to a lesser extent the dyna, is that you are always compromising between wispier hits with lots of flavour, or big hits with a very generic flavour (beyond a certain temp I find all strains seem to taste very similar in a vaporiser and I really dislike that). Both of these options feels slightly 1 dimensional compared to the full range experience of combusting. However, when I put a whole chunk of bud in the dyna it means the middle vaporises at a different speed to the outside, so when I'm done the outside will be very dark brown and the middle will be light brown. This might sound like a bad thing, but I think I end up with much more consistent hits as I'm getting the hard hitting potency of the higher temps from the outside of the nug combined with the flavourful terpenes that come with a lower temp hit from the center of the tiny nug. Whereas when it's pre ground it just all gets evenly more cooked as the temp rises so you get these 1 dimensional hits I described previously. I figure it's like a salad dressing, the parts need to be mixed properly to get the full experience!

Another thing I've noticed about vaping in general. It is not as hard hitting a high as combusting. I know the science disagrees in terms of efficiency of THC extraction in vaping vs combustion, but for me at least, it just isn't as strong. Nowhere near actually. The equivalent amount of weed in a pure small skin joint gets me noticeably more stoned compared to vaping the same amount in the dyna or mighty. I've tested it.

If I just vape weed all day I hit a tolerance ceiling, I was prepared for that as I'd seen others mention it, and it happens when combusting too, but I wasn't prepared for how very low that ceiling would be when vaping. I can feel the effects when vaping, it's enough to 'take the edge off' but I never feel fully stoned/high. Part of it is that's it's a different type of high I guess. You never get the heavy, cotton wool behind the eyes and warm honey dripping through your veins that a single bowl of a nice indica hybrid will give you. At least I haven't found that through vaping yet.
I'm wondering if I might end up mixing it up, vaping throughout the day and rolling a pure joint or two in the evening for that nice couchlock. That would still be reducing my daily combustion by a good 95% so I could live with that.

Anyway, sorry for the long ramble, and thanks everyone for your thoughts. @Siebter I had considered this, but here's the thing, I actually quit smoking everything for a good couple of years about five years ago when my first daughter was born, and only vaped e-liquid. I was chain smoking spliffs for over 10 years prior to that (in fact the first few years were mostly big dry bongs with nasty, low quality hash and cheap cigarette baccy 🤢). When I quit I didn't really cough anything up or have any of those issues you and others have described. I also don't get a major smokers cough or hack up nasty stuff when I do smoke either. I just don't seem to have major physical reactions with smoking. I'm not under any illusions though and I'm sure it'll catch up with me, hence why I'm trying to switch to vaping.

angular ocelot

something like the starry v3 or aria might suit you better. higher temps than the mighty, bigger oven than the dynavap. nice stony high from the conduction heating and works best with mouth to lung pulls.

angular ocelot,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If I just vape weed all day I hit a tolerance ceiling, I was prepared for that as I'd seen others mention it, and it happens when combusting too, but I wasn't prepared for how very low that ceiling would be when vaping. I can feel the effects when vaping, it's enough to 'take the edge off' but I never feel fully stoned/high.

That’s pretty common.

IMO vaping is more potent than smoking - that’s why it often feels weaker.

This is something I’ve pondered for a while as a potential cause of VAS. Theoretically, A stronger hit could actually build tolerance and sensitivity faster, making vaping seem weaker to more frequent users. Hence the constant search for new toys, similar to building tolerance to a medication and needing a new prescription for efficacy.

For what it’s worth I blame garbage modern genetics on lack of stone, and have talked to a number of folks who share similar sentiments. My smoker friends aren’t getting that stoned either. Everything’s been bred for high THC, and THC isn’t stony.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Another thing I've noticed about vaping in general. It is not as hard hitting a high as combusting. I know the science disagrees in terms of efficiency of THC extraction in vaping vs combustion, but for me at least, it just isn't as strong. Nowhere near actually. The equivalent amount of weed in a pure small skin joint gets me noticeably more stoned compared to vaping the same amount in the dyna or mighty. I've tested it.
I think you're kneecapping yourself with the notional mouth to lung requirement.. The weak slow heater, aluminum oven, and plastic vapor path on the ten year old Mighty aren't doing you any favors either.

Were you the OP from a few months ago talking about how you enjoy so much flavor by rolling smoke/vapor around in your mouth? Sorry if that was a different thread but these recent comments fit the description.

Vapcaps score very low on flavor and I guess their big plus in a thread like this is that their draw resistance is so tight MTL is pretty much mandatory for a decent size hit without water.

Have you tried using a powerful on demand convection vape and just hitting them normally? I feel like there's a lead a horse to water thing going on here. You can't realize the rapid extraction, dense clouds and legit lower temp flavor by starting from a holdover habit from your joint smoking.

MTL was invented for smoking out of necessity because smoke is unhealthy and irritating. That's why people die of smoke in a fire before they burn to death and it's why characters in movies cough when they smoke for the first time and just try to inhale.

How about try vaping the way people vape instead of vaping the way you used to smoke? What do you have to lose?

Last edited:
That’s pretty common.

IMO vaping is more potent than smoking - that’s why it often feels weaker.

This is something I’ve pondered for a while as a potential cause of VAS. Theoretically, A stronger hit could actually build tolerance and sensitivity faster, making vaping seem weaker to more frequent users. Hence the constant search for new toys, similar to building tolerance to a medication and needing a new prescription for efficacy.

For what it’s worth I blame garbage modern genetics on lack of stone, and have talked to a number of folks who share similar sentiments. My smoker friends aren’t getting that stoned either. Everything’s been bred for high THC, and THC isn’t stony.

This doesn't explain why I can vape my way through multiple grams all day and never get past that low ceiling, then in the evening I can smoke a tiny small skin joint with maybe 0.3g in it and immediately feel those physical effects I don't get from vaping alone. What is nice, as that I am finding I only need maybe one or two joints spread out throughout the evening/night now (way less than I was smoking pre-vape) and I can vape the rest of the time, and it really extends the effects of the joints nicely. It's like the joint gets me properly stoned, and vape will keep me there nicely without needing to combust again for many hours.

@bossman Someone else made those comments earlier in this thread, but I certainly agree with them. As I mentioned, I have tried DTL vaping. I've tried it with both the dynavap and the mighty, and I also tried a volcano with a whip years ago in amsterdam. It's just not as enjoyable for me. You seem to see MTL style inhaling as a compromise, I see it as the preferred method.

There's a distinct flavour difference for me on the way in and the way out, it's very obvious to me so I'm surprised everyone doesn't notice it. DTL vaping is therefore missing half the experience for me. Like wolfing down a delicious meal without savouring the taste. The only times I've favoured DTL vaping was with my e-cig when I ran out of decent juice and was stuck with a some horrible donut flavour juice from the back of the cupboard. I find DTL masks a bad flavour much better then MTL. Hence why a favour MTL vaping when smoking a delicious strain I've carefully cultivated from a keeper phenotype I've chosen myself. I'm surprised the dynavap scored low on flavour, as for me it beats the mighty and the volcano (haven't compared the volcano directly as I tried it years ago, but I remember I wasn't a fan when I tried it).

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This doesn't explain why I can vape my way through multiple grams all day and never get past that low ceiling, then in the evening I can smoke a tiny small skin joint with maybe 0.3g in it and immediately feel those physical effects I don't get from vaping alone.

Does boiled chicken ever taste like fried chicken? 🍗 :lol:

Make sure you use your vape on full temperature to closer mimic your smoke hits.

With the Mighty, I suggest inverting a dosing capsule lid and placing it on top of the herb, this encapsulates the herb with conduction with convection from below, I can finish the whole Mighty bowl in two big draws.

Last edited:
invertedisdead,
Reactions: Green Kiwi
MTL was invented for smoking out of necessity because smoke is unhealthy and irritating. That's why people die of smoke in a fire before they burn to death and it's why characters in movies cough when they smoke for the first time and just try to inhale.

How about try vaping the way people vape instead of vaping the way you used to smoke? What do you have to lose?

I should mention again - I am open to trying to switch to DTL. I spent £200 on the mighty with the assumption that I would have to use it DTL and just adjust. As it turns out, I can use it either way, it just makes no difference to the fact that I don't like it :rofl:

Have you tried using a powerful on demand convection vape and just hitting them normally?

If you have any recommendations for something that ticks those boxes and is available in the UK, and not seemingly unreliable (TM, Bowle) or unavailable (Firewood, Tetra) then I'm all ears.

__Life_On_Mars__,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm surprised the dynavap scored low on flavour, as for me it beats the mighty and the volcano (haven't compared the volcano directly as I tried it years ago, but I remember I wasn't a fan when I tried it).

All three of these have poor flavor imo and tinymight does not have reliability issues, but you can also check out the dreamwood stuff among many other superior vapes available in the UK (xmax v3pro as a low budget option but it's not going to compare exactly for power and flavor in the same way) it is absolutely not vapes in general being unable to give you what the joint can, you're just not using the best vapes for your needs maybe?

All three of these have poor flavor imo and tinymight does not have reliability issues, but you can also check out the dreamwood stuff among many other superior vapes available in the UK (xmax v3pro as a low budget option but it's not going to compare exactly for power and flavor in the same way) it is absolutely not vapes in general being unable to give you what the joint can, you're just not using the best vapes for your needs maybe?

Thanks for the recommendation, I appreciate it. I haven't looked into the world of 510 mods at all, so that's something I'll need to dig into.

I'm surprised to hear that you consider both the mighty and volcano to have poor flavour. I thought those were both considered very reliable workhorse vaporisers that consistently deliver, not boutique sure, but not noticeably lacking in any one area (aside from portability for the volcano).

I do think the tiny might seems great, but I've heard too many horror stories about their customer service, people with broken units or no device delivered at all, waiting for months and months for a reply. Also, this thread -

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/km4p1r

__Life_On_Mars__,

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the recommendation, I appreciate it. I haven't looked into the world of 510 mods at all, so that's something I'll need to dig into.

When I say dreamwood, I also mean there direct torch pure convection line, even the roasty maybe... The mod is super simple and I'm pretty sure they even sell those with the glow? At Green dream...

I'm surprised to hear that you consider both the mighty and volcano to have poor flavour. I thought those were both considered very reliable workhorse vaporisers that consistently deliver, not boutique sure, but not noticeably lacking in any one area (aside from portability for the volcano).

The mighty is session conduction with some hybrid convection, and a whole lot of plastic, among other things, the flavor is super muted... Sure it can be a reliable workhorse consistently simple, but there is a whole lot lacking there, the proprietary non-replaceable batteries and the super slow heat up, just looking at the power, the tinymight has double the wattage nearly instant on demand, pure convection not constantly cooking regardless of you inhaling... Replaceable easily accessible batteries and a full temperature range that can extract much quicker and deeper than anything the mighty can come close to, similarly functional at even lower temps with even pure materials, all glass path possible, I mean you can do that with the mighty and I did, but it was not much of an improvement to the experience honestly... Not to mention the size, all the plastic, and frankly the ass ugly design of the mighty (Oh yeah it can't stand up well on its own, a whole bunch of other stuff I could go on lol) and volcano is just totally different but even older tech, filling a bag is no way to experience great taste, though it is fun, and the thing with the volcano is the bowl is gigantic, that's it special sauce, simple pumping bags with copious vapor and a full range, now there's hybrid whip stuff that maybe could be better but again the path is not the same, you could hook up a glass thing and go through water with it maybe, it's not going to be like an Evo though? And honestly the Evo flavor did not blow me away for some reason either but that's another topic... Oh yeah here's a big one the price on those units is astronomic considering all the flaws and frankly lack of innovation where it counts, compared to the so-called boutique vaporizers ;) :2c:

I do think the tiny might seems great, but I've heard too many horror stories about their customer service, people with broken units or no device delivered at all, waiting for months and months for a reply. Also, this thread -

Happiest is over a year old, few unhappy customer causes a lot of noise, check out the thread here and you'll be swarmed with positivity from a wide variety... Also positive customer service, so yeah I don't know why get hung up on that but do you lol

Also I forget if you said you needed a portable, I think cloud connoisseur can ship internationally, the halo and atlas are some next level plug-in power and flavor purity along with versatility and simplicity connecting to any glass piece as if it is the lighter to your bowl on a bong or rig bubbler... Musa Vape is similar to Halo and certainly available in Europe... Also no reason you have to use water, they are great to use dry through glass pieces, J hooks etc.

Vaporware

I’ve never smoked, but I think I get the most “stony” effects from mixing vapor and edibles together.

I also think that a longer, slower session with a convection vaporizer works better for getting me there, but that could also be because it’s easier to find the right spot without overshooting when you take it slower. Or it could actually be cooking off more of the cannabinoids that vaporize at higher temps or something. I’m really not sure what the cause is, but I’d like to know!

Anyone else notice something similar? Especially people with lower tolerances?

Vaporware,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I should mention again - I am open to trying to switch to DTL. I spent £200 on the mighty with the assumption that I would have to use it DTL and just adjust. As it turns out, I can use it either way, it just makes no difference to the fact that I don't like it :rofl:

If you have any recommendations for something that ticks those boxes and is available in the UK, and not seemingly unreliable (TM, Bowle) or unavailable (Firewood, Tetra) then I'm all ears.
Tinymight with a j-hook and/or bubbler. Punchy, impressive heater and dead simple operation with just a button and a little dial you twist with your fingertip.

I may have said this already but my only reservations about the TM are 1).the aluminum battery door threads are a bit delicate so use a light tough to make sure you don't strip them, and 2) the a stainless steel cooling unit clogs fairly quickly and robs flavor so you'll have way more success at home with a j-hook and bubbler. The cheaper j-hooks from Dhgate and resellers are only okay and won't provide enough cooling for the TM at higher temps. The spiked j-hooks are more of a custom thing but really do a great job. You can also use a small to medium bubbler dry at home.

In general, all the 510 heaters are a bit more fussy than the TM. They are capable of great performance but they represent an evolutionary step on the path to on demand convection bliss and will always require a bit of initial config, especially if you're setting them up for temp control and not just wattage. That's another advantage of the Tinymight: you don't have to look at a screen of menus and settings; the trickiest thing is probably hitting the little button (which lines up with your pinky until you get a j-hook) three times to turn it on and off.
PXL-20210925-125924229-PORTRAIT.jpg

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
This doesn't explain why I can vape my way through multiple grams all day and never get past that low ceiling, then in the evening I can smoke a tiny small skin joint with maybe 0.3g in it and immediately feel those physical effects I don't get from vaping alone.

Getting high is much more than transferring a substance in your bloodstream, it's also about the ritual, the taste, the throat hit, in short: *everything* that happens while you do your thing. For years your mind has been conditioned that when a b and c happen, d will most likely also happen. But suddenly you try to get high with a blinking box, a different taste and smell and a totally different ritual – believe me, that can make a *huge* difference.

The first vaporizer I tried myself was a Magic Flight Launch Box a friend borrowed me a few years ago – in case you don't know, that's a very vintage device, kinda still respected, but most certainly considered old tech today. Not exactly very powerful. My first attempt got me *really* high (loved the taste too, that was the aspect that kept me going) and I instantly knew that I wanted to switch. However, it took me half a year until I finally smoked my last joint, because hey: I was smoking fat joints for decades and loved it too. Beside technical difficulties and issues (that also pretty much always affect a beginners experience) it just takes a while to find ones own personal ritual.

Vaporware

I’m no big defender of TinyMight and the Reddit post above does contain some legitimate criticisms that I still agree with, but some have been fixed or improved (the button for example) and the person who wrote it has been maybe TM’s harshest critic I’ve seen on FC too.

I think it’s good info to take into account, but you should also look at the multitude of positive reviews before completely ruling it out.

I used to recommend caution to people looking at it, largely due to the early customer service issues, but while I haven’t bought one yet myself I do recommend that people check it out at this point. There aren’t a lot of portables with that amount of power, and the TM has a lot going for it despite its imperfections.

If you buy every accessory and try to resell it for as much as you bought it for they might be tough, but I believe they’re still selling used for nearly as much as new, so I think trying it is worth real consideration. :2c:

Vaporware,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I think it’s good info to take into account [...]

Actually not. Out of the eleven mentioned issues I'd consider maybe two kind of valid or worth considering – at best. We have seen engineers that applaud the layout of the TM and that it is held together by only one screw (for whatever reason, I'm not an engineer). The power button does have a hard stop (and always had). There were a handful of vibration motors failing, definitely not a common issue. To cut it short: the redditor simply collected any issue that ever occurred with the device, inflated them to „countless“ cases and spiced it up with a few pseudofactoids from the oh so shady past of the maker. That's not good and informative criticism and was never meant to be. Just saying, sorry for OT.

Vaporware

@Siebter Like I said I don’t think the problems are nearly as bad as he makes them sound, but most or all of those are (or were) legitimate issues. I’ll go through them all briefly I guess.

1. That is a harsh description and most people don’t have problems with it, but the metal is soft and some people have had problems with it.

2. Not sure on this one, but people who have disassembled theirs after a long time have found dirt under the caps. That makes sense since there isn’t a tight seal around the edges.

3. I think this is wrong. I have heard reports of people fixing performance issues by tightening the screw or trying to align things and tighten, and I’m not convinced this is the best design, but overall it seems to be fine.

4. This used to be a problem. A couple of people did report their buttons pushing through and breaking, but this one has been redesigned and I don’t believe it’s a problem anymore.

5. I’ve seen quite a few reports of the vibration motor stopping, but it’s almost always easy to fix. I’m not sure if it’s been redesigned at all, but this is a minor problem that you might run into.

6. I’ve seen several reports of the body heights being a little different. It doesn’t seem to be a big problem in general, but if it’s way off it could cause problems. In that case I’d just talk to support.

7. I think the tab at the bottom of the battery hole is a weak spot. I’d prefer a spring. Again though, this is not usually a problem and it’s easy to fix.

8. This is/was a legitimate problem. I’ve heard that they modified this part and hopefully it’s better, but on older units this is a common source of performance drops.

9. No idea since this is his own report.

10. The TM thread has a lot of discussion of this early on. I never looked into the guy’s history very deeply, but I know some people were still mad at him. TM seems to be doing well and taking care of customers now though.

11. I don’t know all of the details, but KG Woodcrafts was supposed to have a deal to distribute and support these in the US, but that fell through and it seemed like it was the TM side that let the sea fall apart. This was early on when their customer service was also super slow.

I don’t know what happened with anyone else or even with that deal behind the scenes, but it doesn’t seem too relevant to what’s going on now.

I actually posted to *recommend* the TinyMight despite these issues, but I won’t pretend that the issues don’t exist.

I will say again though, most people don’t seem to have any problems with theirs, those who do can often fix them easily, and TM has been taking care of the people with more severe problems, so I think it’s worth serious consideration from anyone looking for a portable on-demand convection vaporizer. It’s probably the best one you can buy today.

Vaporware,
Reactions: cx714
Wow. Great info here people. Thanks for breaking things down. You've collectively managed to assuage many of my concerns regarding the tinymight. I'm strongly considering putting an order in. Anyone have any idea what the turnaround time is at the moment?

Regarding portability - it would be nice but it's not essential. For some reason I am turned off by the idea of a multi-part device that needs to be attached to a bubbler or another piece. Even if I'm at home I don't want something large and unwieldy that needs to be 'assembled' or has lots of working pieces. I'll break them.

I nearly put the mighty up for sale, but the dyna was pissing me off today (I kept singeing the bud) so I decided to give it another go, but this time I used the vortex stem adaptor that I forgot I ordered for the mighty. Wow! BIG difference in both smoothness and flavour of the vapour. That plastic mouthpiece is doing the mighty NO favours. A lot of the nasty dry tickle I initially hated about the mighty is gone now that I've attached the vortex. I can use the carbhole on the vortex to pull on it MTL if I like, but I'm mostly just using it DTL with the carb open, long deep drags (not crazy 7-8 second drags that most of the youtube reviewers seem to be into, I'm not really into those) but a good 3-4 seconds with a decent cloud of cool vapour on the exhale.

@invertedisdead's tip about inverting a dosing cap lid on top of the bowl to regulate the heat and keep everything in place seemed to help a lot too.

I'm also noticing more and more the unpleasant side of smoking during those couple of joints/spliffs I do still smoke (down from maybe 20 a day, so doing well). Gacky mouth feeling, slight ashtray taste. This is a good thing I know. However, I still feel like smoking gives me a more accurate representation of flavour than vaping. Don't get me wrong, vape tastes much 'cleaner' and less adulterated, but the flavour of the weed itself also feels much more muted. It seems like beyond the first couple of hits all strains start to taste the same, whereas the taste is VERY obvious throughout the experience when combusted, even when combined with baccy. Anyone else notice this?

Will I get better flavour distinction from the tinymight? More obvious differences between strains, like I do when smoking?

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Vaporware – Allow me to *not* reply to your points in order to not derail this thread even further, okay? :-)

Anyone else notice this?

Honestly – not at all. Before I tried vaping I had no idea how different strains can taste... I should say that here in Germany we pretty much always smoke Js with tobacco, but even without I don't see the details of a terpene profile survive a cloud of smoke even for five seconds. In that regard vaporization was a total revelation for me.

Will I get better flavour distinction from the tinymight? More obvious differences between strains, like I do when smoking?

So you have tried the Mighty and a Dynavap so far, correct? Let's put it like this: both are not known to have the best flavor – that's not to say they taste bad, but the Dynavap can get a little roasty for sure (some like that) especially for beginners who do not master low temp torching well enough yet and the Mighty is a session vaporizer that will cook your flower all the time even when you're not hitting it. The Tinymight is a) on demand (=not cooking all the time, preserving your flower) and b) a convection device; some say convection is superior in reflecting a strains character. To answer your question: there's a good chance. But I still will say smoking is not a good way to savor a strains flavor. :-)

Edit:
(not crazy 7-8 second drags that most of the youtube reviewers seem to be into, I'm not really into those)

That's not a reviewers thing, but pretty much the norm with most devices.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

. However, I still feel like smoking gives me a more accurate representation of flavour than vaping. Don't get me wrong, vape tastes much 'cleaner' and less adulterated, but the flavour of the weed itself also feels much more muted. It seems like beyond the first couple of hits all strains start to taste the same, whereas the taste is VERY obvious throughout the experience when combusted, even when combined with baccy. Anyone else notice this?

Yes you should, as I said those are not flavor focused vapes imo, and also imo it's absolutely impossible to get a sense of flavor when you're burning it, much less with tobacco... But as long as you're used to smoking, I feel like that affects your taste buds too... Anyway I suggest grabbing xmax v3pro if you want a lower cost entry point into the different style, less cost risk to you? Flavor better in TM, FW7, Halo, and others...

Farid

There is a compromise between flavor and harshness imo. All on demand convection vapes I've tried tend to have better flavor but are much harsher. They're also the worst vapes for MTL. If harshness really bothers you, I'd be very careful listening to the advice posted here. Most here prioritize flavor.

I've only used a handful of vapes that work MTL. All of them are conduction.

I just hope you don't keep buying vapes suggested here only to be disappointed. VAS is real, and I think in many cases it stems from searching for something that doesn't exist.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
As far as smoking vs vaping flavor, this one comes up a lot too. I think I finally figured it out like a year ago. I truly believe now, there’s a unmistakable “weed” smell and taste, almost primal, that comes from smoking. And I’m not talking about the “terpene hit” we get from vaping. I now believe once you take “that” taste away many people just feel like somethings missing.

I’ve had people tell me my vape hits tasted fake, because the flavor was so clear and pronounced. With vaping you can get THE weeds taste, but not so much, that “weed taste.” If that makes any sense / cents.

VAS is real, and I think in many cases it stems from searching for something that doesn't exist.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 XXXTRA Spicy!

Top Bottom