• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Best dry herb and concentrate combo portable vape

Simple10

Member, you member riiiight?
Hi

What's the best portable device(s) for both dry herb and wax i can get for under $250 total?
I'm looking for ease of loading/maintenance and good airflow. I was thinking either:

Vapedynamics Duo & Source Orb 4 atomizer attachment

Or

Haze Dual v3

Or if someone knows of 2 separate devices that perform better for under 250 total? Which ones should I get?

Simple10,

Squiby

How about a Vapcap by Dynavap? They are tiny efficient vaporizors that do equally well with flowers or concentrates. Fits in your pocket.

They have a modular build so you can switch up various parts to suit the look you prefer and the function, dry or with a water tool.

Made in the USA with the absolute BEST customer service.

The price ranges from the all glass model at $35 USA to the top of the line titanium Omnivap at $160.

Check out the thread and the website.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-427#post-1078667

https://www.dynavap.com

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I second the VapCap, just about the easiest vape I've ever loaded, stab in pot of ground material, put on cap, heat (10 seconds avg), toke, allow to cool (less than 60 seconds), empty using caps built in poker, rinse and repeat.

Many people don't even bother grinding the material, instead opting to just shove a small torn off bit of bud straight in the bowl.

When it comes time for a full on clean the device comes apart fully and the metal/glass components can just sit in ISO for a bit. The wooden components don't usually need all that much cleaning but a bit of wiping down with bees wax will certainly help them last.

Air flow is good as well, the more expensive Omni range even lets you adjust the
airflow to your liking.

There is very little to go wrong with this vape however I personally avoid the glass based bodies as they seem a little fragile.

I'd say one major drawback of the VapCap's is they are not the most stealthy of devices when in crowded areas but on forest walks, day trips, at home, etc... they are amazingly convenient to carry and use.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
The Haze v3 is well loved and comes highly recommended.

However I'd be hesitant to shell out for a Haze V3 knowing the Haze² is going to be out soon.

GreenHopper,

Simple10

The Omnivong sounds intriguing but the requirement of a torch doesn't make it ideal for on-the-go vaping

Simple10,

Squiby

The Omnivong sounds intriguing but the requirement of a torch doesn't make it ideal for on-the-go vaping
it's about as inconvenient as lighting a cigarette.

The Vapcap needs a source of heat; butane jet lighter, Bic, candle, camp fire twig, stove element, solar heater etc. Some of these are more convenient indoors and certainly a jet lighter is best on the go as it resists the wind. A quad lighter is small and easily fits in a pocket and can heat the Vapcap in 5 seconds.

I never use a butane torch on the Vapcap. That's wayyy overkill. Too big, too powerful.

Everyone has a preference. It depends what you like in a vape. Personally, I LOVE the manually heated vapes and the Vapcap is solidly at the top of the list. To me, it is much more convenient to carry a lighter than to carry and change batteries and make sure they are properly charged and keep track of cords.

herbivore21

I'm going to say Haze V3. Damn thing is wild.
While I love the haze v3 for flowers, I find it lacklustre for concentrates alone. It needs some kind of concentrate pad to keep the earl in place. You can have a wild time if you get creative and emulsify your flower in concentrate and then vape it the herb cans at temp 3 or 4 though :D

Simple10

Ok so I decided just to get 2 separate devices for my herb and wax vaping needs.
I realized that sticky wax will be annoying to pull apart a small dab and load onto a coil no matter what device I use, so I ended up getting the Yocan Magneto for $50. It has a dab tool built underneath the cap of the coil chamber so all I do is get a dab loaded onto the tool and just seal the chamber. No need to try and get that dab off the pick and onto the coil. Plus the base of the battery can be unscrewed and used as a jar to stash additional wax. Perfect if I'm in a hurry I can just grab this thing and go: no need for additional tools/lighter, or preloading the chamber.

Still deciding on what pocket herb vaporizer to use. I've narrowed it down to either the Airvape XS, Boundless CF, or the Odin vaporizer. Flavor matters more to me for herb since I spend more time in a session, taking more hits. With wax no matter what device i use, I'm usually a 3 or 4 hitter quitter lol.

The Vapcap though I am still considering to get later on for use at home. How long does it take to heat up using a bic lighter? Can any of those pieces be used with a regular beaker style bong?

Last edited:
Simple10,

Squiby

The Vapcap though I am still considering to get later on for use at home. How long does it take to heat up using a bic lighter? Can any of those pieces be used with a regular beaker style bong?
A regular flame from a Bic, candle or kerosene lamp takes about 20 seconds to heat the Vapcap from cold. The second and third cycles take less time to heat.

A single jet takes about 7 seconds to heat and a quad takes a mere 4-5 seconds to heat.

If you use a regular soft flame, hold the cap above the flame to avoid soot build up.

Vapcaps can be used with many water tools, wet or dry that have a worked joint. Dynavap sells a soft mouth piece that you can fit onto the end of your Vapcap. It will seal a 14mm joint.

Vapcaps are modular, so you can switch out the misections, called bodies which are short or stems which are longer. Bodies and stems come in a straight or a VonG shape. The Vong bodies come in an 18mm or 14mm diameter to fit into the respective joints. The stem VonGs come in a 14mm diameter.

In addition there are many customs stems and bodies available. Have a look at @Phattpiggies Wood Shed thread.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/phattpiggies-wood-shed.22215/page-17

And @Winegums thread

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/winegums-woodcraft.23750/page-8#post-1097686

In addition there is a new log vape just released by @Ed's TnT called Wood Scents that uses the Vapcap as an integrated stem. They are stunning top notch logs. They can also be used with glass.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/eds-woodscents-log-vape-eds-tnt.22287/page-22#post-1097727

The Vapcap has lots of options..... Enjoy!:)

Top Bottom