• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Battery Vapor Genie

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
THANX VaporGenie , Looks Great ! I'm gonna sit Back and enjoy the vaporizers I have until this comes out , Hope its not to long until production . Good Luck and Peace .

Cool Move Shmoo, that was Fast !

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Shmoo

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
I like the looks..The logo on the glass is a nice touch.Is the spring on the top left corner a sort of safety switch,where the battery wont work unless both that and the spring are depressed? I hope the volta comes out in darker finishes. I see that bowl getting grimy fast..But I love the metal zipper like enclosure, thats a kind of steampunk look. Its coming together nicely

Nbajunkie,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hello

I just posted some new photos of the VG Volta prototype on our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/varporgenie

It looks fascinating. I'd like to see some dimensions. We already know it will use an 18650 battery so that gives us an idea of how big it is. I'd say maybe 50% bigger than the LB.

The heating chamber intrigues me. It most certainly is not a clone of the LB. How does it work?

VaporGenie

Manufacturer
Hello

The spring is part of the switch mechanism. Its a compression spring. The switch type is a momentary pushbutton switch, which means that electrical current does not flow unless the switch is pressed and held down. As soon as the switch is released, it turns OFF. So, yes, you can leave the battery in the device.The battery is held in by friction.

We may have other woods in the future, but for now its only maple. The wood has to be heat-resistant, so maple works well.

Wood body dimensions (without the battery) are 3.6 inches long x 1.5 inches wide and 0.75 inches tall.

The corrugated, U-shaped metal foil is the heating element. When the switch is pressed (and held down) electrical current flows through this heating element. Power dissipation is about 20-25 watts. So it gets hot FAST.

The heating chamber is pretty easy to clean. The heating element is not delicate, so it can be flicked with the fingers to dislodge material. Also, it can be heated with the glass window removed. This will burn off any gunk stuck to the heating element. So its sort of "self cleaning". The borosilicate window can be cleaned with alcohol or soap water. The window is super easy to clean. The wood surface inside the chamber will acquire a resin coating, but this seems to seal the wood after a while.

If any parts become damaged, they are user-replaceable. The entire device is held together with seven Torx screws (#7 drive). We will be selling replacement parts on the VG website. So if the body becomes really dirty or damaged, you can simply replace it.

We are working on a video, which will be ready soon. Still waiting on parts, though. Its taking forever!

A few other details:

The borosilicate window is 1/8 inch thick, so this adds to the 0.75 inch thickness. So total thickness in the window part is about 0.875". The battery holder is slightly thicker than that. Max thickness in the battery section is about 1 inch.

The borosilicate window has a magnet attachment. The window does NOT rotate. The window must be pulled off. This is better than a rotating attachment because it cannot come open in your pocket. We tried prototypes with rotating attachments and they 1) were hard to clean 2) smeared resin over the wood, and 3) came open in a pocket or backpack. So with this magnet design, you dont have to worry about any of those things.

The LED battery indicator lights up GREEN when the battery has enough energy to vaporize. It lights up RED when the battery is about 95% discharged and must be recharged. This is really important because lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO) batteries are damaged if they are completely discharged. So you must stop using a battery when the LED turns red. Batteries are good for at least 300 charge-discharge cycles. They will cost about $5 each. 18650 LiFePO batteries are very common and available from many vendors. They are commonly used in RC model cars and planes.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Thanx VaporGenie , just when I said no new vapes for a while [this would be the exception] .
I like what you've shown us . what about a price range for us. Thanx for the updates.

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Nbajunkie

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The LED battery indicator lights up GREEN when the battery has enough energy to vaporize. It lights up RED when the battery is about 95% discharged and must be recharged. This is really important because lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO) batteries are damaged if they are completely discharged. So you must stop using a battery when the LED turns red. Batteries are good for at least 300 charge-discharge cycles. They will cost about $5 each. 18650 LiFePO batteries are very common and available from many vendors. They are commonly used in RC model cars and planes.

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Is there any logic that halts current draw once the LED goes red? By the way, the colour-blind guys will be by to complain shortly.

pakalolo,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
What we really need is a name, LOL. Anyone want to suggest a name? I have been calling it the "E-VG" but I dont like that name. We will give a free unit and VG pipe of your choice to the person who suggests the name we use (and that doesnt interfere with anyone else's trademark). The name issue is critical. We need one right away.

Great looking device! For a name, put me in for Vapor Genie D/C .

DDave,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
533672_10151541931352390_83830056_n.jpg
Thats a cool battery :) !

VaporGenie

Manufacturer
"Quick question, what's the material that holds the little circuit board in the middle of it? Looks like an epoxy of some sort?"

The potting/covering material for the battery indicator circuit board is high-temp soft silicone.

"Is there any logic that halts current draw once the LED goes red? By the way, the colour-blind guys will be by to complain shortly."

No. This must be done manually (i.e. stop using the battery). No current is drawn from the battery while its just sitting in the device, so the battery can be left installed.

Yeah I thought about the color blind issue. There is no good solution for that, because of the voltage where the battery must stop being used (about 2.0-2.2 volts). The red and green LEDs are in slightly different locations, so color blind people might be able to detect the color change from the change in location. Also, the brightness decreases a lot when the color switches over.The battery wont be damaged if its discharged to the point where the red shut shuts off.

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
that thing is pretty f-ing sweet looking!

I would burn cities to the ground with my dragons to get my hands on it,

or even see some youtube cloud action.

vaporonly,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I almost hate to be the one to ask. But, hows the video you were working on any chance that we might see it soon ? All though I quess that would dependent on the answer to Nbajunkies Question , I asked anyways . The VG classic was the first vaporizer I used or owned it really opened my eyes and lead me along the way to FUCK COMBUSTION after almost five years it'll be cool to have a new battery Vapor Genie next to the classic . I can't hardly wait for this release . :p

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Tweek

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Too cool Tweek can't wait to hear what you think , I'm just lovin' my one hit vape's right now .
:rockon:

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Tweek
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom