Battery powered PID

Teejay47

I started working on integrating a PID into a portable battery station. The build is (mostly) successful except it seems the inverter within the battery is not the most efficient. I’m getting an hour of run time. I believe it could run longer in a bigger better but I would trying to keep it compact. This unit is just small enough to fit in a cargo pocket.

I recently purchased a 12v tailgater from CH and I’m hoping that will run more efficiently.

Pic on Imgur

jkeyes98

Well done, that looks like a sweet modification to that battery!

Like you mentioned, I'd recommend looking into a 12v coil, that should help with efficiency that way you don't have to use the inverter to step it up to 120v.

Here is my build using a drill battery, I was getting over an hr on the 2ah 18v makita batteries and close to 2.5hrs on the 4ah battery.

budski

cantre member
take my money!! that thing will be popular on the tailgate
I have a millwaukee to makita converter but want 1 for my M18s, swappable batteries baby!:science:

budski,
Reactions: mixchu69

Teejay47

Well done, that looks like a sweet modification to that battery!

Like you mentioned, I'd recommend looking into a 12v coil, that should help with efficiency that way you don't have to use the inverter to step it up to 120v.

Here is my build using a drill battery, I was getting over an hr on the 2ah 18v makita batteries and close to 2.5hrs on the 4ah battery.

Man that’s cleeeeeeen! Is this 3D printed? Are you sharing?

Teejay47,
Reactions: Cheebsy

jkeyes98

Man that’s cleeeeeeen! Is this 3D printed? Are you sharing?
Thanks! yes I designed the case and 3d printed it. Its not one of my cleaner files but I'd be happy to share it with ya if you got a printer, DM me. I really should go back and take another stab at the case but there always seems to be something more interesting to tinker on first!

Top Bottom