Gear Battery needed for distillate, while using a c cell cartridge

Jenelle

Nice. I like the looks of the Veco Solo and with all the praising of it on here, it may just be my next purchase as well...
I tried the liberty amigo v9s cartridges a few days ago and I had no success. I used a thick co2 oil (similar viscosity to distillate) to refill it, using a syringe that’s supposed to be used for refilling carts. I put .4 mls of this co2 oil in my new amigos v9 and (after warming the oil) I let it sit for about 10 min. No vapor was produced though. So I left it sitting about half an hour (sealed) and next thing I know, the cartridge shows I’ve got less than .2 mls of oil. (I had similar results when refilling a new c cell cartridge).
I have to assume it went inside the center post, because with the amigo being top fill, that’s the only place the oil COULD go. Right?

I’m not sure what I am doing wrong but this is experiment number 4 for me and no luck. The issue I keep running into is that I’ll place the oil inside the cartridge, then the oil leaks to a mystery place somewhere inside my cart.

The cart ended up hitting for me but the hits were incredibly weak. There’s no comparison to a prefilled cart here. I tried letting it sit for even longer, tried preheating the cartridge, but it never did work. The .4 mls of oil never did anything except disappear!
It’s beyond frustrating when I hear others using the same equipment and products and getting good results!

Oh and I agree with the opinion that the v9 has a metal taste.

Next try for me will be the Veco Solo. It’s now on sale for 25, which is a great deal.
(Luckily I’m in a legal state and we do have some good quality prefilleds. We have some straight distillate with cannabis derived terps. Although they’re expensive as all hell. But they work.)

Anyway, that’s my latest update. Still no hallelujah!

Jenelle,

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
OK, I got my Veco Solo in the other day, and it does indeed blow me away. It's crazy how much vapor this nickle-roll-sized device puts out. I find the taste just a tad bit better than the Amigo V9's on a low setting. The airflow is a beautiful thing. I'm using the thickest distillate I've ever had and no problem at all.

One interesting thing is that when I took the first hit my wife smelt it immediately from the next room. Normally she cannot smell a thing when I use the V9's.

Thanks for the advice, @420democrat , I have evolved another step....

xwATnK4.jpg

Last edited:

420democrat

OK, I got my Veco Solo in the other day, and it does indeed blow me away. It's crazy how much vapor this nickle-roll-sized device puts out. I find the taste just a tad bit better than the Amigo V9's on a low setting. The airflow is a beautiful thing. I'm using the thickest distillate I've ever had and no problem at all.

One interesting thing is that when I took the first hit my wife smelt it immediately from the next room. Normally she cannot smell a thing when I use the V9's.

Thanks for the advice, @420democrat , I have evolved another step....

xwATnK4.jpg

Awesome man!!! I'm glad you like it, easy on the gas or your tolerance will SKYROCKET like mine did. Yes... it can be smelly because the vapor output is so much greater and denser

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
Awesome man!!! I'm glad you like it, easy on the gas or your tolerance will SKYROCKET like mine did. Yes... it can be smelly because the vapor output is so much greater and denser

This thing is kicking my ass. I can't take more than a one-second hit. Yep, gonna have to watch it for tolerance. I'm generally an at-home vaper, but I'll only take a V9 on my 1st cruise next month. Worried it won't get me buzzed. :p

I ordered another.....:mental:

tb12345

Hi all,

New poster to this forumn here. Appreciate this threads a little old, but wanted to share my experiance with switching to distillates from flower.

Firstly ive been using ecigs vapes for a few years now to get me off regular cigerretes, so am familiar with the traditional e cig setups, ive generally used Kanger tech and aspire brands that are variable wattage, variable voltage or temp controlled which can be purchased from any vape store. Something worth mentioning is method of inhale which isnt discussed too much here, ive always vaped mouth to lung (mtl) as opposed to direct to lung (dtl) for my ecigs. For anyone not used ecigs before hand, one method dtl is like breathing in on the pen so it goes straight into lungs, the other involves kinda a small draw into the mouth first then you pull pen away from lips and breath in at that point and bring into lungs (mtl). As mentioned ive always done mouth to lung for e cigs.

When i started using distillate i realised in its pure form its comp different to regular e cig juice, so for that reason i never mixed the tech between the two, i.e my e cig stuff stayed as only that, and for distillate, i only use purpose built tech, and i went from prefilled carts in a ccell palm battery, to my own ccell carts that i fill in a ccell palm battery.

The difference between a prefilled cart thats not ccell and a true ccell cart purchased from somewhere like aphex, is night and day, unless i can guarentee that the prefilled is in a ccell i wont buy it.

Anyway filling the ccell is a real pain for unmixed distillate, it takes time, but once i seal ive never had a leak. I do no more than 4 1ml refills per cart.

When i was using the ccell palm with a ccell cart, as the output on the battery is quite low, i would have to use the dtl method i mentioned before, which i dont really like.

Yesterday i decided to put the ccell cart, on a reg 510 threaded disposable ecig battery for the first time. Only reason was my palm wasnt charged and wanted to medicate. This particular battery although meant for e cigs, is super simple, there is absolutly no settings, you just attach the cart and press button while inhaling. It costs about $10-12, and can be thrown away/recycled when its dead.

What i realised in doing this was the power output on that type of fixed volts/watts ecig battery is much higher than that of something like a ccell palm or ccell disposable/rechargeable pen style batteries. The end result of this switch to a fixed voltage ecig battery for use with a ccell cart, was a much more intense hit in a 1sec pull off that combination. This made it possible for me to switch back to mtl method of inhale. The hit is so intense with this combo, i wouldnt want to go dtl with this.

Anyway hope this helps someone and is neaningful!

asdf420

mod boxes are overkill for these carts, but they work fine and kick ass, and the battery lasts a long time. So if you have one, there is no need to buy more batteries. I found somewhere that the CCELL carts are around 1.3 ohms and 10 watts max. But mine is around 1.5 ohms. I would start under 3 volts and 5 watts, only go up to 10 watts if needed.

DO BE CAREFUL because you can burn an expensive disposable cart if the voltage is set too high.

if your mod box only allows you to set the voltage, to know what voltage to set your mod box to given power and resistance, it's sqrt(power * resistance)
because of ohm's law and P = V*I

I don't see what batteries do differently from a mod box set to the same voltage.

I was using something like 2.7V with my mod box and it hit hard as shit, I didn't see a need to go higher, even though it wasn't more than 5-6W. YMMV

How do you disassemble the disposable CCELL carts? Do you have to use pliers to pull the mouthpiece off? it's marked CCELL KB CA168. hopefully it's not a knock off. i'm also in WA

Last edited:

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
mod boxes are overkill for these carts, but they work fine and kick ass, and the battery lasts a long time. So if you have one, there is no need to buy more batteries. I found somewhere that the CCELL carts are around 1.3 ohms and 10 watts max. But mine is around 1.5 ohms. I would start under 3 volts and 5 watts, only go up to 10 watts if needed.

DO BE CAREFUL because you can burn an expensive disposable cart if the voltage is set too high.

if your mod box only allows you to set the voltage, to know what voltage to set your mod box to given power and resistance, it's sqrt(power * resistance)
because of ohm's law and P = V*I

I don't see what batteries do differently from a mod box set to the same voltage.

I was using something like 2.7V with my mod box and it hit hard as shit, I didn't see a need to go higher, even though it wasn't more than 5-6W. YMMV

How do you disassemble the disposable CCELL carts? Do you have to use pliers to pull the mouthpiece off? it's marked CCELL KB CA168. hopefully it's not a knock off. i'm also in WA

There are 2 basic types, beside sizes of real ccells or knock offs.
One that you have is machine pressed and not meant to be removed, but my
buddy "Iron Mike grip like a vice hands ) pried one off bare hands, I saw it lol)
But the ones meant to are the Th210 series ect

https://hamiltondevices.com/catridge/th210.html
These are real & lasered
also Apexlabs

tennisguru1,

biohacker

what's more, it's one of the most discreet oil vaporizers. since it looks like a lighter.

Did you watch that review video? The top piece that makes it a "zippo" broke off!

I still have yet to find something better than my 1000mah 3 temperature Puma Mini. Shit is built like a tank, not plastic garbage.

https://torontohemp.com/products/he...nested-vape-battery-w-magnetic-adapter-1-tank

If you like awesome airflow, temperature adjustability, recessed cart, and metallic body with amazing battery life, this is the one.

biohacker,

Tuck

The battery is just gonna deliver heat. I believe your carts are the problem, but not sure why it would happen right off the bat. I reclaim from my bad carts by pulling them apart and using a heat gun to drip out the good stuff.

No. The coil in the cart delivers the heat.

The battery is just that. A battery. It provides power. It has a capacity measures in Mah. The bigger the Mah the more power the battery has. Mah will determine how often you charge the battery.

Voltage is how much power comes out of the battery and is measured in wattage or VW for our intent and purpose. Your cart's coil will determine how much VW you need. Too much VW and you burn out the cart. Too little and you don't get what you want.

Mods are essentially batteries that can you modify the settings. Mods let you adjust the voltage on the battery. So if you get a new cart that has a different VW than your old cart, you can adjust the battery to dial in the new sweetspot. Other mods have more complex settings that can be used with coils that have temperature control. For ccell carts, I only adjust VW settings on my mod.

If you don't know the carts vw, settings, start low and adjust up until you receive the effects you are looking for. I try not to go over 7 or 8 VW because that's usually when I start burning coils.

If you are interested in load as you go coils, like something from Triton or Saionara, a mod is mandatory.

Top Bottom