Gear Battery needed for distillate, while using a c cell cartridge

Jenelle

Hi everyone...
I am obsessed with trying to successfully vape a very thick distillate using a C cell 510 threaded cartridge with my current Vuber Pilot battery.
I have tried a few different cartridges- including a Mfused empty cart and an Indigo pro empty cart. I’m in WA state and these are pre filled carts that I’d used up then refilled. They're c cell type carts as far as I can see, but the same issue has happened to me a few times now. The oil creeps up towards the mouthpiece and pools there. Which is a HUGE waste as there’s no way to effectively get it back in the cart. I have now ordered a genuine c cell from eBay now and from all I can see from the posts here, the c cell is the best cartridge for distillates and super thick oils.
My question is this- will I be able to finally vape the distillate with the Pilot and C Cell cartridge? The Vuber Pilot battery says it is for thick oils. Has 400 mah and variable voltage - hottest being 3.8 I think.
Any help / advice / tips for avoiding the leakage would be great. I haven’t received my C cell carts but will be soon. Do you all think it is the battery or these carts I’m reusing are causing the leakage? Thank you for any help!

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
I use .5 ml Liberty Amigo V9 carts and when this happens to me it signals end of life for the cart. Seems like I can get 3-4 grams of heavy distillate through them before they degrade.

I doubt the battery has anything to do with it.

Does this happen to you right away?

Jenelle

I use .5 ml Liberty Amigo V9 carts and when this happens to me it signals end of life for the cart. Seems like I can get 3-4 grams of heavy distillate through them before they degrade.

Hi grampa herb,
It does happen right away. The cart has some resistance when trying to pull at first, so I assume the oil is getting clogged somewhere it isn’t supposed to go. In the past I’ve been able to screw off the top and I can see the oil near the mouthpiece which is a small tragedy as someone else said:)
So maybe if it’s not the battery, is it the cart? But I’d think that reusing one cart is ok. Anyway in your opinion, you don’t think I need to look into a new battery? I have high hopes for my genuine c cell carts once I get them.

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
Hi grampa herb,
It does happen right away. The cart has some resistance when trying to pull at first, so I assume the oil is getting clogged somewhere it isn’t supposed to go. In the past I’ve been able to screw off the top and I can see the oil near the mouthpiece which is a small tragedy as someone else said:)
So maybe if it’s not the battery, is it the cart? But I’d think that reusing one cart is ok. Anyway in your opinion, you don’t think I need to look into a new battery? I have high hopes for my genuine c cell carts once I get them.

The battery is just gonna deliver heat. I believe your carts are the problem, but not sure why it would happen right off the bat. I reclaim from my bad carts by pulling them apart and using a heat gun to drip out the good stuff.

Jenelle

Ok .. thank you. At first I did not think it was the battery either but after the carts failed to not leak, I started wondering if it was the battery. I’m just using a pretty basic pen style thing, but with a button and adjustable temp. I will try the v9 amigo cart then and also my c cells that I’ve got coming.

Jenelle

I just bought a new cart at the vape shop cross the street. The people at the shop said they think my cartridges leak cuz I am reusing the pre filled ones. They said the manufacturers of the pre filled carts make them pretty much unrefillable...so I’ve bought a new cartridge. Center post kind but it’s a plastic casing and the air holes seem smaller than the others I’ve used with co2 oil...I am just so inpatient waiting for the c cells to get here. They said it’s atmos brand cart and that it will work with distillate. How important are air hole sizes? You all heard of the cartridges being not refillable for the rec shops? I’m not sure I’m willing to try the cart or not.

Last edited:
Jenelle,

Tranquility

Good idea on the heat gun.....
In the olden days of vaping, the heat gun was the vape.

After a time, people realized a heat gun was not designed to breathe the emissions from. There was no guarantee of a clean vapor path and people thought better of the idea.

Before that, was the Hakko for those afraid of the byproducts of lighter combustion.

Jenelle

probably the cart but a good battery can certainly change your vaping experience id suggest a legit vision spinner at the very least
probably the cart but a good battery can certainly change your vaping experience id suggest a legit vision spinner at the very least
Thank you all for your help. At least now I know it’s the cartridge and I don’t need a new battery.

Jenelle

I got my C Cells from E-Bay last night. So I put about .65 g of thick distillate in the cartridge, using a syringe with a metal tip to fill the cart. I've taken barely 10-15 puffs off this thing but the cartridge looks like it has barely .25 in it!! Where'd it GO!?
I've consumed many pre filled carts so I know how fast the oil goes for me usually. I don't know why the oil seems to be disappearing and I don't even know where it went! I see hardly any oil near the top mouthpiece nor do I see much near the bottom. Just a slight stickiness...Does the ceramic cell absorb that much oil with the first fill?
I wonder what I am doing wrong? Anyone have this happen to them where the oil disappears with a new C Cell cartridge? Is it worth a try to get the Liberty Amigo V9 carts? Does the airflow (top v bottom) have anything to do with it?
Also, I don't have much experience with any other type of vaping gear except related to concentrates so I just use a standard pen battery ...
Help! Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

Jenelle

So just an update here- my CCell cartridge DID end up leaking the distillate. Almost all of the oil did end up leaking through the bottom. I've now tried 3 different cartridges and thought CCell would have worked for my distillate. So SAD. I think I may try the Amigo Liberty V9s next, that is if I can stand the thought of possibly leaking more distillate.... It seems I am missing a piece of the puzzle but it can't be that complex.
I'd prefer not to add any PG/terps because I've seen a lot of people on here that say we don't need to with these type of carts.

Well on to the next experiment.

Concupiscient

I've had similar research experiences which led me to stick with the prefilled carts - when medicating that way.
Basically, it's back to taking the baby steps with assist from ppl here.

Somewhere here there is reference to a vaporesso product line mentioned for use w/distillate. I'm almost there ...

Good luck

Concupiscient,
Reactions: Jenelle

Jenelle

I've had similar research experiences which led me to stick with the prefilled carts - when medicating that way.
Basically, it's back to taking the baby steps with assist from ppl here.

Somewhere here there is reference to a vaporesso product line mentioned for use w/distillate. I'm almost there ...

Good luck
So you mean you're almost ready to pull the trigger on the Vaporesso? I've been on their site a lot but I am not experienced in vape boxes or mods so it's all a little confusing at the moment.

I think I am still going to try to get the distillate in a refillable small 1ml type cartridge. That's my ideal. There are just so many more options for oils if I can actually get it to work. Currently I've got a V5 Liberty Amigo cartridge I got from Holy Terps that I may try next. The cartridges and syringe were great but I am afraid to mess up any oil with the Holy Terps b/c while I got the Pure Flavorless, but it smells very odd in the bottle. Kinda like cloves or something....Not too unpleasant of a scent but definitely not anything I want to vape.

Jenelle,

Concupiscient

@Jenelle - yes, I'm close to purchase. Just trying to figure out how the lower ohm affect the harshness of the draw.

I was able to quit my nasty nicotine habit early 2014 via e-cigarettes.
Shortly thereafter I discovered it's potential for medicating when in public.
I am old school so flower had been my Rx - had a meh attitude toward concentrates.
That changed quickly after my researching prefilled carts.
An acquaintance started refilling and researching the cart market.
That was frustrating ... And wasteful.

Dispensary prefilleds worked 90% while diy failed 60%. (Duds, leaks, burnout ...).

My diy research is in decarbing for tinctures and oil for making edibles. I also take good bho and mix w/an emulsifier called licks for use in a Kangertech and Aspire mini tank. Still chasing the right ratio ... But I've not gone lower than a .8. Sometime it's just right - sometimes I'm coughing badly. Sometimes it's technique - sometimes it's the mix. Always fun ... Always getting a bit better.

Harsh hits are what I need to avoid; the idea always better than the reality for me. So with the lower ohm seems I'm using more power resulting in a harsher draw. That's holding me back from purchase, though I've seen a 1.5 coil on their site.

Heard about terps, no experience with em.

Herbalizer for flower - homemade liquid for tanks, and edibles. Oh, and the occasional globe set-up too.

Good luck - have fun

Concupiscient,
Reactions: Jenelle

Jenelle

Thats what I am finding - the prefilled carts work for me 90% of the time and the diy ones have not worked for me really. I’ve got the oil into the carts just fine, but they’ve all leaked on me once I got the oil in there. I’ve been able to use them about a day before they totally leak...
How did you like Licks? That is one liquidizer I’ve never heard of, but I took a look at it just now. Looks interesting.
I am currently back to using a prefilled cartridge - filled with distillate and the manufacturer uses a c cell cartridge for theirs. And .. no leaks... I just don’t get it, because I’ve bought empty c cells and filled them with distillate - although not this particular brand - and I get major leaks. What are the manufacturers doing differently than me I wonder....
Also thinking about getting a dab pen, or a wax attachment for my current pen, just so that I can dab this amazing distillate that is currently my favorite distillate, except for the fact that I can’t find a good way to consume it. An actual dab rig and a e- nail setup isn’t something that is practical for me.
Although I’ve heard the wax attachments on a pen vape generally don’t work that well...

I am also in the same boat as you.
Always used buds for medicating until I got into a new dispensary this year. Tried distillate for the first time, then noticed the prefilled vape pens. Finally a perfect discreet on the go way to toke anywhere!

Bought a Platinum vape pen, battery is reusable and the cartridges are sold pre filled. However, you can refill the carts, and are supposedly good for 4-5 refills. Anyway this worked great for a while. But the small size tanks .5ml and battery not keeping a charge long, then the cart seemed to just die with the battery flashing.

Being very familiar with vaping buds, now coming into the world of concentrate vaping is confusing as hell. All this ohm talk and box mods, I just wanted a simple unit I could take with me in my pocket that was reliable and doesn't leak.

So, I'm on a search now for a simple reliable portable vape device specifically for distillate.
I am currently trying out the Bubbleman Trinity Kit, which is supposed to be a heavy duty vape pen.
So far the results haven't been ideal, I've had mad leakage. Loosing that sweet distillate is not fun or cheap! However they made a new bigger cartridge and fixed some flaws of the original design, so hopefully after I get my hands on one, it will be exactly what we are all looking for.

Jenelle

Can I get an AMEN to all that. Wow. I feel like I coulda wrote that!
I also feel the saaame way- I love the distillate for its high potency and the rec stores here have some very good distillate for about half the price it costs in the
cartridges...
I’m just searching for the same thing- I just want a simple, portable pen so I can dab on the go, and you just can’t beat the convenience of a vape pen (a functional one anyway). Like someone else said, I think most of us may eventually switch to this method of consuming due to its convenience and portability. It’s the future of cannabis!!
But I’ve searched YouTube, Reddit, here of course, and I’ve tried about 3- 4 different setups to try to get this amazing distillate in a working cartridge that doesn’t leak and so far, no luck. I too, just want a simple unit too. It is confusing as hell. These things are buildable and then you’ve gotta worry about ohms and coils, etc etc.
However, if I had to buy a bigger unit, if it had a very high chance of giving me what I need, I might consider that. (A lotta praise for the vaporesso veco here on these forums.)
So the bubble man trinity tank leaked on you? And the bigger cartridge- is it called the trinity xl?
I am seriously thinking about ordering the amigo liberty v9 carts. Some people here have had luck with those. Keep us updated if you find something reliable.

Funny thing is, I have this Alien Smok modbox my sister gave me cause she upgraded. She only vapes ejuice, and after trying to ask her questions about settings I realized she has no idea how many settings are on these things:)
So after my first vape pen battery started acting funky, I put the cart on the smok. Figured wtf could go wrong? No hit? I cant remember what settings it was on, but i didn't get anything. Watt mode, ohms, coil type and size and 3 other setting titles. Waaaay to much to go through, I just want a hit! So I put the car back on the battery and nothing. I think I fried the cart!

Lesson learned, and also a big reason why I want to keep it simple. I'm carrying this thing with me whenever I leave the house, I don't want to mess with settings. Just quick easy hits anywhere anytime, then back in my pocket.

I've seen the amigo v9 and it was between it and the Trinity. I went for the Trinity because it was a whole unit, another problem with the modbox things is they are heavy. The Trinity Bubbleman battery is super light.
The new Trinity XL looks really promising, easier to fill, whole thing breaks down completely for cleaning, and most important, no leaks. There seems to be a technique to make it work right, much more cool down hits before you toss it back in your pocket.

I really hope the xl ends up working. I also see this as the future of cannabis. I LOVE buds, LOVE THEM!!, but if I can toke from a pen anywhere anytime, no packing or rolling or smell, thats what dreams are made of!

Jenelle

Funny thing is, I have this Alien Smok modbox my sister gave me cause she upgraded. She only vapes ejuice, and after trying to ask her questions about settings I realized she has no idea how many settings are on these things:)
So after my first vape pen battery started acting funky, I put the cart on the smok. Figured wtf could go wrong? No hit? I cant remember what settings it was on, but i didn't get anything. Watt mode, ohms, coil type and size and 3 other setting titles. Waaaay to much to go through, I just want a hit! So I put the car back on the battery and nothing. I think I fried the cart!

Lesson learned, and also a big reason why I want to keep it simple. I'm carrying this thing with me whenever I leave the house, I don't want to mess with settings. Just quick easy hits anywhere anytime, then back in my pocket.

I've seen the amigo v9 and it was between it and the Trinity. I went for the Trinity because it was a whole unit, another problem with the modbox things is they are heavy. The Trinity Bubbleman battery is super light.
The new Trinity XL looks really promising, easier to fill, whole thing breaks down completely for cleaning, and most important, no leaks. There seems to be a technique to make it work right, much more cool down hits before you toss it back in your pocket.

I really hope the xl ends up working. I also see this as the future of cannabis. I LOVE buds, LOVE THEM!!, but if I can toke from a pen anywhere anytime, no packing or rolling or smell, thats what dreams are made of![/QUOTE
Yessir!! I love buds too but lately been just going with the vape pens and oils- mainly. I think I love the vapes/oils/distillates actually more because they taste better, BUT sometimes I’ll want the actual chronic/bud...
That’s funny that you asked her and she didn’t even know what the mod box was capable of.. lol. Maybe for e-juice only, you don’t have to worry about settings as much?
I saw another post from @florduh I think and I believe just got the trinity XL...
The amigo V9 liberty thing I’m talking about is a tiny lil empty cartridge... were you gonna use it in the box mod style thing?
I wonder how many other ppl out there want what we want ...maybe some business some where will finally create a refillable cartridge (or pen set up) that doesn’t leak that actually works for all of us..

Jenelle,
There is definitely a huge demand for what we are looking for, I talk to many people at my dispensary, even friends, distillate is really catching on. With the amount of companies producing high quality product now, its just a matter of time until we finally have a device that works right...

There is a thread about the Trinity, and the new XL has been shipping since mid Dec. so if you wanted to you could pull the trigger. The tank is only $20. I'm trying to sort out some issues with their customer service, but I'm hoping to have one by the end of the month.

Honestly, I'm really surprised at the amount of different vapes available, yet not one works right for distillate. I think the Trinity is close though, it works for thick distillate, the leaks are when it heats to its runny form.

*With pending legalization here in Soviet Canuckistan, I think new improved products will be coming down the pipeline sooner than later!

Top Bottom