battery issue

qefok

Good evening everyone, I have a Crafty that after 2 years started giving me problems: it turned off often and it heated a lot, so I tried to disassemble it and change the battery following the guides on the internet, the battery inside was a 3350mah ncr18650ga , not finding it, I took a 2900mah ncr18650pf, I reassemble with the new battery ... the first sessions seem solved, but later when I try to recharge it signals me that the battery is fully charged,so I disassembly,reattach the connectors again the first sessions ok but then the same charging problem, COULD IT BE THE NEW BATTERY THAT HAS 450MAH LESS THAN THE ONE I FOUND INSIDE? Do you think it is better to buy a new vape directly?

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Hello and welcome @qefok to the forum!

I've linked the crafty,crafty+ thead below.

If you post your question in there as well, it may increase the chances of an answer. :spliff:

TheThriftDrifter,
Reactions: Bad Dog

badbee

That cell should be fine as a replacement, the small change in capacity doesn't matter and the Crafty won't know the difference. Replacing cells in these units requires spot welding a blade connector to a flat top (NOT button top) cell, did you do that or have it done for you? Just checking since you didn't mention it.

Have you tried running those cells down with multiple sessions and then recharging? Does the Crafty still indicate the cell is at full charge? The person with the most experience in this area (to my knowledge) is @RedEyeFlightControl[/USER]. Edit: I meant @JCat (thanks BadDog)

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Good evening everyone, I have a Crafty that after 2 years started giving me problems: it turned off often and it heated a lot, so I tried to disassemble it and change the battery following the guides on the internet, the battery inside was a 3350mah ncr18650ga , not finding it, I took a 2900mah ncr18650pf, I reassemble with the new battery ... the first sessions seem solved, but later when I try to recharge it signals me that the battery is fully charged,so I disassembly,reattach the connectors again the first sessions ok but then the same charging problem, COULD IT BE THE NEW BATTERY THAT HAS 450MAH LESS THAN THE ONE I FOUND INSIDE? Do you think it is better to buy a new vape directly?
When you say it signals you that the battery is fully charged, do you mean through the lights on the device or does the app show it as fully charged?

When you remove the cell, if you check the voltage with a multimeter, does it show as ~4.2V when fully charged?

Could be the charging circuit in the device is shot if the lights are indicating it is charged when it isn't actually. Unfortunately removing the battery each time to charge it externally really isn't a very feasible modification (although there are a couple people out there in the world that have done this very thing :) )

Top Bottom