**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
How do we get the Silver and Super Surfer up there for Ball Vapes? I think the Super Surfer is the only commercially available ball vape that fills a bag. Love to see that up to date>
Using a bag would be a huge downgrade for me. I think the SSV looks like a great device for people who are happy with that vintage style of vaping.

For myself, when I want a classic vape I would reach for a log. Although some of friends still love the shake and bake.

Bababouy

B2c guys are up to something! This handle is pretty cool, maybe it could even work with the Omega.
Take a look at the fourth picture; from the description: "Compatible with Tiodw Pro housing and Ti bowl".
This pro housing looks like a wireless tiodw, but the listing isn't up yet, just the one photo.
check the bottom of the listing there’s a picture of it. They will need to figure out some sort of heat sink or that handle’s gonna be toasty

2pumpchump

B2c guys are up to something! This handle is pretty cool, maybe it could even work with the Omega.
Take a look at the fourth picture; from the description: "Compatible with Tiodw Pro housing and Ti bowl".
This pro housing looks like a wireless tiodw, but the listing isn't up yet, just the one photo.
i saw a few intrestings on their the other day

2pumpchump,

sickmanfraud

I am hoping the ball vape experts here can help me solve a quandary.

I bought a B-zero from the classified ads. I live in Israel where we have 220V power. The B-Zero is a "110V" coil.

I am unclear on what will happen if I plug it into a compatible 220 V PID.

I guess the question is can Europeans bring their PID-controlled ball vapes to California and expect them to work? and visa versa.

If I go back and forth to the USA do I need a separate coil for each continent?

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
If I go back and forth to the USA do I need a separate coil for each continent?
Yes, the coil itself runs off the local mains power and needs to be compatible. As far as what happens, I'm not 100 percent certain more than it won't work... I think a 220v coil will run but not correctly on 110v but the other way around will fry the coil.

sickmanfraud

Yes, the coil itself runs off the local mains power and needs to be compatible. As far as what happens, I'm not 100 percent certain more than it won't work... I think a 220v coil will run but not correctly on 110v but the other way around will fry the coil.

even with the appropriate PID for the local power?

sickmanfraud,

coolbreeze

Not sure if the Peacemaker has turned up here yet but Dreamwood's handmade injector is really smooth and flavorful. Balls not necessary but can be added:
IMG-5473.jpg

2pumpchump

OK so BOLD QUESTIONS. So I'm have a prototype it's 30 mm coil driven ! Yes they are other ball vapes using a 30mm coil .
Do I need to make people pay extra for the 32mm coil I really want to run! Just to not be a clone?

2pumpchump,

onesixty2

OK so BOLD QUESTIONS. So I'm have a prototype it's 30 mm coil driven ! Yes they are other ball vapes using a 30mm coil .
Do I need to make people pay extra for the 32mm coil I really want to run! Just to not be a clone?
I have no idea what you're asking here, sorry, but I did find it important to point out this was your 420th post, and you currently have 666 reactions. Hell of a posting combo.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I don't much care about the coil width. I assume this is so you can have a larger chamber for balls?

I think there is probably a point of diminishing returns on ball volume. But I expect your experiments would bear that out!

I would probably never pay a premium for a larger heater chamber or coil size alone. But I suspect you have other changes in mind.

Varden

I am looking to buy my first ball vape, so I have just finished reading the whole thread. You guys are a chatty bunch... But very informative, as always.

Right now I have a TM2 and loving it. I've had other portable vapes before, but never a desktop one, which was always on the TODO list and ball vapes seem to be the best way to jump in, among other things because of the modularity and the DIY friendliness.

Last thing is, after trying the TM2 with a glass bawl and a glass j-hook, I'm becoming a bit of a taste snob apparently, so getting the best taste is important to me. Plus I am a bit scared of developing too much tolerance with ball vapes, so I think I want to avoid the bigger sizes.

I have a few questions before purchasing:

- Material of the banger/injector. Seems ceramic and glass is the best for flavour, then Ti, then SS, correct? Also, ball vapes got rolling with a glass design, Symphony design, but that design seems to have been abandoned for the ceramic/metal with coil around, why?

- I want a desktop vape to use mostly with a group of people at home and I am wondering about accidents and not burning shit around with a ball vape. People having fun and high will be careless at times. I have seen the use of metal guards around the banger, like this one or this other one. Has anyone tried to use something like that with a cordless system? Even more, has anyone tried adding some wood covering the metal, as to create a sort of DIY CouchLog/Peacemaker? I am wondering if this is worth trying or the coil heating will hurt/destroy the wood? Also, anywhere where I can find a round version of the metal guard like seen in the first video here (the guard alone)?

Right now I am leaning towards the CC Omega. I have not found any cordless ceramic banger and I want to try different materials, so getting the Omega now and a cordless ceramic banger later works. The only issue is where I live, sourcing from the USA is expensive, so I am also tempted to check if the b2c guys from Aliexpress come with a cordless design as it would be a lot cheaper to order from them. Please, feel free to suggest alternatives or other comments.

Lastly, I have read in the thread the Prrl Neo has great flavour. Seems convenient, so I wonder how it compares to a smaller ball vape or to the TM2.

Last edited:
Varden,

howie105

Seems ceramic and glass is the best for flavour, then Ti, then SS, correct?....You might want to look into zirconia as a flavor fan. Zirconia has good thermal stability, which helps with low temperature hits.

I am a bit scared of developing too much tolerance with ball vapes, so I think I want to avoid the bigger sizes.... I went from .1 g loads with a log vape to a .03 g range loads with both an Elev8r and a Phase3 ZX. IMO it not the vape but the user who manages tolerance.

I want a desktop vape to use mostly with a group of people at home and I am wondering about accidents and not burning shit around with a ball vape... I burned myself a couple of times with my Elev8r, but learned better practices quickly. For guests, I use a whip glass piece so all the hot bits are isolated from the guest.

Even more, has anyone tried adding some wood covering the metal, as to create a sort of DIY CouchLog/Peacemaker?... When changing things up on my Elev8r I went with a DIY wooden size adapter that is located very close to the heating coil. Over a year's worth of use, the result is minimal discoloration of the wood.
Good Luck.

Varden

Seems ceramic and glass is the best for flavour, then Ti, then SS, correct?....You might want to look into zirconia as a flavor fan. Zirconia has good thermal stability, which helps with low temperature hits.
I assumed Zirconia was a type of ceramic. After web searching turns out it is not. When I said ceramic I included Zirconia, it looks like an interesting option, hopefully there is a Zirconia cordless banger soon available.

Even more, has anyone tried adding some wood covering the metal, as to create a sort of DIY CouchLog/Peacemaker?... When changing things up on my Elev8r I went with a DIY wooden size adapter that is located very close to the heating coil. Over a year's worth of use, the result is minimal discoloration of the wood.
Good Luck.

This is helpful, thanks.

Varden,

coolbreeze

I am looking to buy my first ball vape, so I have just finished reading the whole thread. You guys are a chatty bunch... But very informative, as always.

Right now I have a TM2 and loving it. I've had other portable vapes before, but never a desktop one, which was always on the TODO list and ball vapes seem to be the best way to jump in, among other things because of the modularity and the DIY friendliness.

Last thing is, after trying the TM2 with a glass bawl and a glass j-hook, I'm becoming a bit of a taste snob apparently, so getting the best taste is important to me. Plus I am a bit scared of developing too much tolerance with ball vapes, so I think I want to avoid the bigger sizes.

I have a few questions before purchasing:

- Material of the banger/injector. Seems ceramic and glass is the best for flavour, then Ti, then SS, correct? Also, ball vapes got rolling with a glass design, Symphony design, but that design seems to have been abandoned for the ceramic/metal with coil around, why?
Glass is more fragile, it's that simple. Coil fitment could crush the head, etc. Metal obviously doesn't have that issue and industrial/medical ceramics represent a compromise between the neutrality of glass and strength approaching metal.
- I want a desktop vape to use mostly with a group of people at home and I am wondering about accidents and not burning shit around with a ball vape. People having fun and high will be careless at times. I have seen the use of metal guards around the banger, like this one or this other one. Has anyone tried to use something like that with a cordless system? Even more, has anyone tried adding some wood covering the metal, as to create a sort of DIY CouchLog/Peacemaker? I am wondering if this is worth trying or the coil heating will hurt/destroy the wood? Also, anywhere where I can find a round version of the metal guard like seen in the first video here (the guard alone)?
The guards work pretty well afaik. I got one to try with my elev8r but a bend in the coil prevented it fitting. I soon got used to handling it so I no longer felt it necessary for myself. That round one looks like their own guard? Maybe they'll sell it separately.
Right now I am leaning towards the CC Omega. I have not found any cordless ceramic banger and I want to try different materials, so getting the Omega now and a cordless ceramic banger later works. The only issue is where I live, sourcing from the USA is expensive, so I am also tempted to check if the b2c guys from Aliexpress come with a cordless design as it would be a lot cheaper to order from them. Please, feel free to suggest alternatives or other comments.
I'll echo the Phase 3 ZX suggestion for size/quality considerations but the Omega can adjust sizes so it can cover your normal use and go bigger for the party. Cost limitations are understandable and shipping is nuts but consider if possible supporting the people who are creating and developing these vapes.
Lastly, I have read in the thread the Prrl Neo has great flavour. Seems convenient, so I wonder how it compares to a smaller ball vape or to the TM2.
It's amazing but it's a completely breath-regulated sipper, so it will not compare to a ball vape. It requires technique, but once you get comfortable with it it produces big hits is no problem and,yes, the flavor is outstanding. Really nice if you have access to high quality weed in top shape for those flavors.

The other thing you might consider that is as powerful as a ball vape but without exposed heaters and is still very sharing-friendly is a Baller Silver Surfer. Once you know where to set it, there's no technique and it's friendly to inexperienced users. And of course there's the Couch Log, not cheap but worth every cent and should cover your needs.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I have never heard anyone refer to the housing as a banger. Typically I have only seen that applied to the dabbing glass.

In my experience titanium adds more metal taste than stainless steel, but YMMV. SS has no taste with my heads. My Zirconia ceramic housings also add no flavor.

I love my Prrl Neo. It's definitely not powerful like a ball vape, or the TM. It can do the job, but it is very different. As you said, it can bring out incredible flavor especially at the lower settings.

GoldenBud

I love my Prrl Neo. It's definitely not powerful like a ball vape, or the TM. It can do the job, but it is very different.
Have you tried using it with long pre-heat, then fast or super-fast draw? If I could make my iHeat 510 as powerful as TM or almost a ball vape, I'm pretty sure the Neo can "mimic" a ball vape with a proper pre-heat and a fast draw

2pumpchump

I'll put my 2cents complete new to ball vapes the STUNNER and a upcoming vapes I won is the only ball vapes I have other than a few diy I have made @coolbreeze I noticed in phase 3 tread you had a ss version olong with the same larger head that you won as well not having nothing to compare it with I'm assuming the smaller head would heat step in less time meaning if was preheat to 400 .. hit it then want to bump it to 450 the smaller unit would heat quicker than the larger unit we won ????
Next up I'll re check but no ZrO2 wireless units out yet .. note I will edit this if I find 1 I'm focusing on wireless units because of @Varden saying you was sharing it with a group and I feel that would a great convenience. I could be wrong but feel like ZrO2 would be a good options for this as it holds heat well .. I saw in the Zeal Omega tread someone took a ss Zeal and made a diy wireless I think this could work for the Zeal ZrO2 housing .. I am nothing more post as i type this so Goin to read them b4 I keep going on

coolbreeze

I'll put my 2cents complete new to ball vapes the STUNNER and a upcoming vapes I won is the only ball vapes I have other than a few diy I have made @coolbreeze I noticed in phase 3 tread you had a ss version olong with the same larger head that you won as well not having nothing to compare it with I'm assuming the smaller head would heat step in less time meaning if was preheat to 400 .. hit it then want to bump it to 450 the smaller unit would heat quicker than the larger unit we won ????
Next up I'll re check but no ZrO2 wireless units out yet .. note I will edit this if I find 1 I'm focusing on wireless units because of @Varden saying you was sharing it with a group and I feel that would a great convenience. I could be wrong but feel like ZrO2 would be a good options for this as it holds heat well .. I saw in the Zeal Omega tread someone took a ss Zeal and made a diy wireless I think this could work for the Zeal ZrO2 housing .. I am nothing more post as i type this so Goin to read them b4 I keep going on
@Necra, I'm not sure. The SB seems to heat pretty fast itself. I tried Cal's temp-stepping suggestions for session-style but it worked so well at the low end that I bumped it up once (seemed to heat quickly) and then I just sat there. Remind me next weekend and I'll try it out. ; )

Have you tried using it with long pre-heat, then fast or super-fast draw? If I could make my iHeat 510 as powerful as TM or almost a ball vape, I'm pretty sure the Neo can "mimic" a ball vape with a proper pre-heat and a fast draw
Don't think it'll work. The Neo's coil is cooled by your rate of breath, so while you can turn it up and have the coil reach a higher temp, the air you pull over it cools it at a rate seemingly untouched by temperature. In other words, you can make the temp higher, but you must pull at a similarly slow rate or you'll still over-cool the coil. You can get higher heat, just not any faster nor at a greater volume. I hope I'm wrong, but this is my experience.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

O'Connell Woodworks has a big Fall sale, including deals on SKO kits and pieces:

AND:
PHASE3 Moving Sale is LIVE.
I have just 3 weeks left here and need to sell as much as I can. For a limited time, get the complete Plug & Play ZX Bundle WITH electronics for just the price of the ZX Heater and ZXB Bowl. Really great opportunity to jump on a really great vape, tell your friends who have been on the fence 😉

As always thank you kindly for the opportunity to be here.

💚 your friend Ryan

Last edited:

shroomi

Looks like b2c's New piece was released!

1608457075-665637780.jpg
[/url]

What do you guys think? The description doesn't say much, looks like a 25mm-powered wireless diffuser.
I can't say I like this one very much, build looks kinda cheaper than older Tiodw models. The ring and the handle look flimsy/unstable too!

shroomi,
Reactions: Varden
Top Bottom