**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

coolbreeze

I wonder how many people are just voting for the one they own without even trying any others lol.

I have a quaroma xl which works brilliant but I will say the XL head is overkill and imo a bit gimmicky. The og xl bowl is also mega deep so the heat source is far from the bud and u have to crank it up high! With the multibowl it works alot better but in hindsight I'd have gone for quaroma original or taroma lite
People are sharing good info about the various models, though, which is really helpful if you can't test it yourself. My expectation was that the XLs were overkill, but I hadn't really seen someone who actually owns one report that. Now there's one supporting data point! ; )

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I wonder how many people are just voting for the one they own without even trying any others lol.
Some, for sure. Some people are also probably just posting to get their numbers up enough to post in the Classifieds. Hard to tell people's motivations.

Anyway if you read the thread you'll see we just discussed the fact that many of us have multiple ball vapes, and why.

I’ve got the Qxl as well. Not a fan of the company but I mostly really like it. Biggest flaw is oddball size not having third party bowl options. The heater sits far enough away from the material that it can stay on the bowl without having an impact, no heat sinking. Stirring is necessary for even abv. It’s heavy and large compared to other ball vapes and requires you to pay attention to what you’re doing to not break it. Get nervous when I let other people use it. Also don’t like using it with smaller pieces as much due to its size. But the Vapor quality is great, almost hits as hard as the glass symphony in a much easier to operate package.

coolbreeze

A large thermal mass is not everything.
One wise in the ways of the ball vape told me it's surface area that's important, and heating mass is sorta incidental. That's why the GTR for instance hits hard without being ball-loaded. I assume that the greatest contribution of the mass per se is heat retention but as the GTR shows it's really not necessary as long as the surface area that transfers the heat can reheat immediately.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
One wise in the ways of the ball vape told me it's surface area that's important
That is why even ball vapes struggle compared to a modded Plenty on a bong with 5 grams in the bowl and the main reason I want an XL Q...a huge bowl cannot be beaten IMO if after instant pain relief or to just forget where you are.:2c:
That said, for normal dosing my 18mm Tidow V3 works very well but I am sure a Zeal and Vertex will join my Ceroma and Ti-ali job one day along with one of those beaut ash catchers @iDRINKBLEACH has developed.

felvapes

For all the time daily use the Tiodw Mini is winning the reach test of all my ballers even more expensive ones
Although I just stretched and wrapped a coil around my Ti bowl from b2cvape and filled it with balls
Kinda like a mini plus and also very nice with a bit extra power and 20° lower temps

But the Tiodw XL definitely has a place
For people who may need instant severe pain relief or PTSD episodes or other ailments, the high dose in one hit is very useful and having the full spectrum effects of flower, but a dab like dose I find useful
In this video I talk about the same thoughts, I also wondered how much of a gimmick the xl were and if they were like party cones when combusting
But I now rate it and use it in my rotation when needed

This 50 second video shows how you can finish 1 gram in one draw with a second tidy up
You can fit about 2 grams in the bowl (maybe up to 3 depending on the weed)
Although I wouldn't recommend doing that all day everyday as your tolerance would shoot up and you would kill your stash (and it won't work for the medical needs as well anymore), I think it definitely has a purpose in a medical patients arsenal and not just for party heads/purposes

Shmuffroreak

Loving my Tiodw titanium, but I'm sure other ball vapes perform differently, so I'm dying to try something else! The Tio in fact is my first ball vape, now my favourite type of vaporizers <3 The problem obviously is the price tag on some of the products, which rises with taxes.
I've missed out on the Tiodw ceramic housing but I'm waiting for the new version (should be out within the end of the month I hope). Tiodw mini on the way, in the meantime, along with a dual pid and accessories (thank you VAS :) ). I'm also thinking about the titanium bowl, at least I couldn't accidentally break it, but I'm a little concerned about flavour tampering.
Also waiting for Qaroma quartz restock (any info on this?), I think I will try it and the Ceroma too.
ZX/SX/Z8 look very cool and I read many good things about their performance, but look like I missed out on these too.
Do you know what changes will be made with the v2 ceramic tiodw I have the v1 but might have to pick up the v2 also

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Toad is a work of art. And worth its price for sure.
But in my opinion it is not worth a TM2, let alone a BAK in terms of performance. If I had it I would be happy, but most of the time it would be useless to me.
It's just my opinion, yours is different, nothing wrong with that.

You might want to try some of these vapes, or your opinion is pretty meaningless. I don’t think any of them really compare to a good ball and coil based vape in terms of raw power (the p80 gets impressively close but it’s still a lot less mass), but the performance of the toad is otherwise on par with any of those vapes imo. I mean I guess I’ll have to let you know in a week or so for certain when my bakx gets here, but relative to a tm2 or the tp80 the vapor quality of the toad is absolutely on par. Whether you want the ux and ritual of an unregulated vape is a separate question.

shroomi

Do you know what changes will be made with the v2 ceramic tiodw I have the v1 but might have to pick up the v2 also
I don't, in fact I wrote a message to b2c earlier today, still waiting. I'm looking forward to the release, but I have no info atm, just a "mid march" generic date (more like later this month/early april I guess). Maybe when they answer I'll know something more, also a 18mm bowls restock would be nice.

Oden

You might want to try some of these vapes, or your opinion is pretty meaningless. I don’t think any of them really compare to a good ball and coil based vape in terms of raw power (the p80 gets impressively close but it’s still a lot less mass), but the performance of the toad is otherwise on par with any of those vapes imo. I mean I guess I’ll have to let you know in a week or so for certain when my bakx gets here, but relative to a tm2 or the tp80 the vapor quality of the toad is absolutely on par. Whether you want the ux and ritual of an unregulated vape is a separate question.
I really liked my TP80 at the time, and my TM2 too (which I recently sold).
But to be honest, these two vaporizers don't measure up to my favorite ball vaporizers.
I am no longer interested in portable dry herb vaporizers at this time.
I expect real innovation...
The BAK interests me a lot that said.
It looks like a heavy hitter, but it's especially the fact that the vapor path is all glass that is interesting, in addition to these performances which seem superior to the TP80 and TM2.
We really live in quite exciting times and the future looks bright for vape enthusiasts.

Oden,
Reactions: shroomi

Shmuffroreak

I don't, in fact I wrote a message to b2c earlier today, still waiting. I'm looking forward to the release, but I have no info atm, just a "mid march" generic date (more like later this month/early april I guess). Maybe when they answer I'll know something more, also a 18mm bowls restock would be nice.
The told me expected to be available end of March

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I really liked my TP80 at the time, and my TM2 too (which I recently sold).
But to be honest, these two vaporizers don't measure up to my favorite ball vaporizers.
I am no longer interested in portable dry herb vaporizers at this time.
I expect real innovation...
The BAK interests me a lot that said.
It looks like a heavy hitter, but it's especially the fact that the vapor path is all glass that is interesting, in addition to these performances which seem superior to the TP80 and TM2.
We really live in quite exciting times and the future looks bright for vape enthusiasts.
I think the BAK is extremely neat and I really enjoyed the one that I borrowed. It is unique. But it would never replace my TM or most of my ballers. It is much more work to use, although the ritual is pleasing. It takes attention to operate it properly and benefits in certain applications over others. It's flexible in its way but not as flexible as the TM, for example. If you are looking to beat the performance of your TP80 or TM, you will be disappointed. It's just different. If you are looking to replace your TKO then you are barking up the wrong tree.

Different vapes for different people, but I think you should try the Toad and the BAKx before you advise other folks on those.

Oden

I think the BAK is extremely neat and I really enjoyed the one that I borrowed. It is unique. But it would never replace my TM or most of my ballers. It is much more work to use, although the ritual is pleasing. It takes attention to operate it properly and benefits in certain applications over others. It's flexible in its way but not as flexible as the TM, for example. If you are looking to beat the performance of your TP80 or TM, you will be disappointed. It's just different. If you are looking to replace your TKO then you are barking up the wrong tree.

Different vapes for different people, but I think you should try the Toad and the BAKx before you advise other folks on those.
No, I don't want to replace my TKO at all, or my SX for example, with a BAKx.
I find this new Lamart device very interesting. That's all.
Shit Snacks told me that the BAKx is still a beta vaporizer.
I will wait several months before buying one.
I quit portable vaporizers because it's not in the same yard as my TKO.
I loved the TM2 but I will wait for other versions to have another one.
I rarely vape outdoors now.
I've been on the Toad list for ages.
2 years in the Nomad, and then the manufacturer gave me the option of getting on the Toad list.
And still no news since September lol.
Maybe someday

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Yeah, I think I was mostly trying to say what @Grass Yes pointed out re: trying the Bakx and Toad before drawing conclusions like that @Oden. Otherwise I agree that while there are some fantastic portables out there, the ball vapes are really on another level! There is just too much mass tipping them over the line.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: Oden

felvapes

They told thad to me too and sent me a couple photos. Looks exactly like the Tiodw V3, made of ceramic
I don't know when it will be released
They keep pushing the date back
They told me they were not happy with the way the ceramic could stain and didn't want to receive complaints
Same reason they have delayed making ceramic bowls

The new design is quite different and improved
The pics they showed me it was shaped more like the Tiodw mini which is the best of their line up (besides the XL) and is beating out my more expensive heads

I think they are playing with glazing the ceramic to help the stain issue

Oden

I don't know when it will be released
They keep pushing the date back
They told me they were not happy with the way the ceramic could stain and didn't want to receive complaints
Same reason they have delayed making ceramic bowls

The new design is quite different and improved
The pics they showed me it was shaped more like the Tiodw mini which is the best of their line up (besides the XL) and is beating out my more expensive heads

I think they are playing with glazing the ceramic to help the stain issue
What models do you have to compare with this famous Tiodw mini please?
It's interesting to know.
What configuration do you recommend me with the mini?
Especially for bowls?
If you talk about it so much it must be a killer for the price

Oden,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
What models do you have to compare with this famous Tiodw mini please?
He has a few and has a couple or more custom jobs,
img_20230205_202927-jpg.44161

I especially like the hammer on his vape bench.
If you talk about it so much it must be a killer for the price
I have found it hard to resist...especially for the price...less than the cost of rubies to fill it
The only reason I have not caved is that they are supposed to be releasing a zircon job.

felvapes

I have 9 ballers all up
Glass and steel diy
Ti bowls converted
Bought ones, expensive and cheap - been mentioned in here and all over the place before
They all extract completely - every single one of them
You just have to learn to dial some in more than others
Some have more efficient designs
They all ball
And the differences - despite the huge debates about it all - are rather minimal in reality although they all have their own signature

The mini is winning because it needs the lowest temps to get the most complete and even extraction in one draw
I think the thicker walls help the coil recover and the balls retain heat tbh unlike all the opposing general consensus (I too used to think thin walls were better)
Dunno, I just know it wins the reach test - the closest to it in design that I have is the Taroma lite (still not my most expensive) - but it needs an extra 15° to get similar results and it chars the top layer before the bottom gets heated at that temp
The mini is getting more even and deeper penetration at a lower temp
But the Ti bowl I just wrapped a coil around holds more balls and has 20° lower temps again (just a little more restricted draw due to the smaller ID of the post)

Use an injector 18mm bowl that it will fit in, glass or Ti whatever your preference
In my videos I mention that I raise the screen in my bowls to get it close to the heater - except for the xl where it's better at stock level
I also mentioned my configuration earlier - I removed the stock screen and replaced it with a 16mm mesh - much better airflow and more even extraction, gets an extra 10 ruby in there too
They just released a glass passthrough adaptor without the glass screen and a ledge for the mesh
I don't know if b2cvape is bringing a zirc out or not
I hope so though as it would be great to have yet another affordable option for people to buy
The zeal will be a diffuser option and b2cvape seem to have the injector design

I won't be roped into a best baller conversation
They all ball
And you can diy an SS baller from brewing gear that is as good as a bought one
Or you can buy cheap options that perform brilliantly
Or you can buy more expensive if you feel the desire, the tko looks good for $$
The difference is minimal though
Vapvana on IG has a good looking ss coming out that seems to have very even extraction running a 25mm coil

I plan on wrapping a coil around the xl Ti bowl when I get one as the bottom looks like it might be perfect as a 22mm diffuser with the post removed
Love adult stoner mecano
Ballers have given the power back to the stoners hands
Like when we used to MacGyver a bong out of whatever was around when combusting
Sure if someone could afford it they had a nice glass bong at home, but it wasn't a requirement for them to consume in an effective way and medical patients and stoners weren't held ransom to the manufacturers
Yet those glass bong makers still had successful and profitable businesses.......
Everyone wins

EDIT
@LesPlenty what is your point about the hammer?
Dont you bash your vapes into the injector bowl for a tight seal?
Maybe that's why I get such good results from all my ballers
I stick the multimeter on the balls to check their resistance and then hammer my ball head into the injector bowl
The socket is to tighten the coils up properly
I thought everyone knew to do this?

Last edited:

felvapes

@Oden I was just sent these from b2cvape
Yea they showed me pics the other week of the ceramic looking like the mini
At least that pic they have changed it from the original design and the v3
That one has the balls in the coiled area of you notice the shorter screw on part

Much better design
Although the mini shape is better still
That's kinda a mini with an enclosed head

felvapes,
Reactions: LesPlenty

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Yea they showed me pics the other week of the ceramic looking like the mini
At least that pic they have changed it from the original design and the v3
That one has the balls in the coiled area of you notice the shorter screw on part

Much better design
Although the mini shape is better still
That's kinda a mini with an enclosed head
Yeah its kinda flipped from the old model and how the coil sat

tinctorus,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom