**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

420_fitdad

I wanted to dip my toes in the ball vape world and also love to tinker so went ahead and make the DDave Extraction Contraption. I got a great deal on a soldering iron on Black Friday so all in I'm at only about $75, add in that I already had my Elev8r bowl and I was in business. This thing definitely rips, not sure I'll need to go with anything else, but I might start to try some new balls since it's SS right now.

Choices

I have the Hot Rod, which is sort of the updated Terp Torch, iiuc, and I have a couple ball vapes. For me, the Hot Rod is a bit of a different beast in that it's lower-powered comparatively. In everyday usage it's a meaningless distinction because I have never had a problem with the HR roasting a bowl or recovering for the next one. It works just as well as the others. There are limits, however. I have a CDXX Pipes Convectorium where a thick glass joint holds the injector over an inch away from the herbs. With one of the enail-powered injectors, it's no issue, they have more than enough power to roast unhindered, but between the distance and the glass pulling heat out of the head, the Hot Rod will do a light-medium roast and no more. This is the only circumstance where I've seen the HR overwhelmed.

Upshot: if you are not noticing a shortfall in your roasting power, you're good. On the other hand, there are a nice handful of cheaper options out there currently (see Inverted's SX; the B0; Ti Ti, Pinky, Sandcastle, etc.). And if you really love the TT, DDave has a home-build kit to make your own!
Thank you for the insights and those above as well. I have looked at DDave’s DIY device. Is it in some way better than the Terp Torch? That is an upgrade I would consider….

GratefulDread

Legit thought this was a new ball vape at first glance.. lol
HTB1DX6yNOrpK1RjSZFhq6xSdXXa8.jpg

The elongated coil looks interesting 🤔 I wonder if the shape could be useful for any vape activities.

Last edited:

Choices

oy, @Choices , neither one of us allows direct pm comm here on FC

so, shoot @Vitolo a pm, he will relay your address info to me

I have an OG Freight Train with PID that needs a home
(I'm using FT Pro now)

No upfront cost from your side
send Vito $ of your choice after you receive it from me

happy all around, eh?
My father worked for forty years as a brakeman and conductor for the Union Pacific. He always said to love and respect trains since they are what kept my belly full.
So a device named “Freight Train” from an individual with the moniker @ChooChooCharlie seems like a lot of karma coming my way for certain! I will get a message sent to @Vitolo right away! Thanks so much! I now have a big favor to return to the FC community. Stay tuned!

RedZep

RedZep: yes the longer injector of the FT Pro does help with this. As I stated in the previous post the Ed's TNT Version 2.5 injector works great with the FT Pro but not as good with the B0 due to the short wide injector head on the B0.

Grateful Dread: That is a sweet looking injector bowl.

Zudhji: Yes when the screens are covered you are going to ge a better hit. Most of my pieces are 18mm. The Ed's TNT bowl that I have is 18mm but the herb chamber doesn't take as much herb to cover the screen so it is a good micro dosing bowl for that reason. The Freight Train bowl herb chamber s much larger so you have to put more herb in that one if you want a good strong hit.
Have you noticed that the FT pro fits various bowls better in general?

RedZep,

greenganja

Because of the injector head being a bit longer and slightly narrower, it makes for a tighter seal. I can only comment regarding the bowls that I own and use it with, which would be the Ed's TNT wood bowl in 18 mm, the Vgoodiez injector bowl in 18 mm and 14, and the stock FT bowl that it come's with. I also own a CH Shovel Head titanium bowl but haven't tried it with that bowl yet.

RedZep

Because of the injector head being a bit longer and slightly narrower, it makes for a tighter seal. I can only comment regarding the bowls that I own and use it with, which would be the Ed's TNT wood bowl in 18 mm, the Vgoodiez injector bowl in 18 mm and 14, and the stock FT bowl that it come's with. I also own a CH Shovel Head titanium bowl but haven't tried it with that bowl yet.
B0 seems like you have to hold it above some bowls, as opposed to it actually going inside the bowl. Especially on the wooden bowls you see. I don't have either vape so this is an assumption based on pictures and video.

RedZep,

jbm

B0 seems like you have to hold it above some bowls, as opposed to it actually going inside the bowl. Especially on the wooden bowls you see. I don't have either vape so this is an assumption based on pictures and video.
I have several glass bowls in use: @VGOODIEZ injector (1st gen,) Elev8r, CC. The B0 fits in all of them.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
B0 has a cut down joint, much like the inVersion injectors. This helps with the quest of pure convection because there is less surface area for the head to lose energy to the bowl. It also means that you can fit a screen at the bottom of any ground joint the same size. It does create issues with injector bowls that don't follow the GonG geometry though.

greenganja

Yes my B0 fits both of my Vgoodiez bowls. However with the wooden bowls the injector only sits on top of the bowl as it is too wide to fit inside the bowl unlike the FT Pro injector. I do prefer the Ed's TNT bowl though. The Vgoodiez injector bowls work great and you can buy two at the same time for $30 dollars and they work with B0, B1, and FT injectors.

ChooChooCharlie

@Choices - Update - I got your 18mm preference from Vito. USPS tracking says expected delivery Thursday. Damn Choo derailing the thread's train of thought again

OK, back on track -- SneakyPete awarded his 2022 vape of the year award to the Freight Train Pro. A clever, if not sneaky :lol::brow:, way of getting clicks and buys. He doesn't say it's better than other ball vapes he also sells, it just won among those released in 2022 IHO. I bought my first FT from Pete's store, good price, rapid shipping from his USA storefront

So, wait...I'm not really on this thread's track then, am I? walking away hanging head in shame

RedZep

@Choices - Update - I got your 18mm preference from Vito. USPS tracking says expected delivery Thursday. Damn Choo derailing the thread's train of thought again

OK, back on track -- SneakyPete awarded his 2022 vape of the year award to the Freight Train Pro. A clever, if not sneaky :lol::brow:, way of getting clicks and buys. He doesn't say it's better than other ball vapes he also sells, it just won among those released in 2022 IHO. I bought my first FT from Pete's store, good price, rapid shipping from his USA storefront

So, wait...I'm not really on this thread's track then, am I? walking away hanging head in shame
You are very welcome to this thread, as we need more FT pro owners to make comparisons for us!

GratefulDread

Has anyone found a way to improve the feel of their e-nail coil cable? Mine is quite stiff and I haven't been able to remove the kinks that are every few inches along it, due to how it was packaged/shipped (Aliexpress). I don't want to add too much weight. I was thinking of winding a layer of paracord (with the inner core removed) along the whole thing, but I wanted to ask here first in case there's a better way.
I have limited options for e-nail coils cause my PID is using an irregular pin pattern and I don't want to buy a new one right now cause it works great.
This isn't my coil but the cable looks just like this ⬇️
Zw

RedZep

Is it true that FP and FT products require different PIDS?

Such a shame if so. I was open to picking up a B0 and a FT pro to swap out on sake PID. I will now have to choose one to be locked into.

RedZep,

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Is it true that FP and FT products require different PIDS?

Such a shame if so. I was open to picking up a B0 and a FT pro to swap out on sake PID. I will now have to choose one to be locked into.
Couldn't you get one of the ball heads separately and pair it with a coil that's compatible with whichever pid you choose?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I didn't know that was an option. Alright cool. Thanks.

If you get this ohft pro add on:

And this CH b0 ball head:

The ohft already has a coil, which afaik works with the +/-/ground/power/power xlr pin setup. You can add a cheap pid and coil off Ali Express or dhgate with the 20mm coil to use with the b0 head like this:

Top Bottom