BAKx - bake all kinds

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Have the drops featured "ready-to-use" BAKx's that are already paired with a 510 unit from his site or do you have to rush to grab one of those along with a BAKx under all the time pressure? I've never owned a 510 heating unit but I'm willing to learn to try this vape.

You can add the mod afterwards, it is separate not all in one, and yes the drop works in a way now that you don't pay until after you have confirmed to secure a unit, so only rush is to get the unit in your cart to check out... If successful you can then add a mod to your order and other accessories to pay all together before shipping

Does anyone know how much the “early Bids” go for? $20, $30, or even as much as $100?

Yeah much higher than that haha imagine 20 or $30 as if! These auctions are to bypass the whole drop system, some people place a lot of value on that, and consider the units worth the price as such

Jojofernz

The drop comes at the perfect time for me to be broke from Christmas shopping lol

Jojofernz,

buckhakeesah

Has anyone successfully used the Bakx on a Evolv DNA Triade 250C? Had troubles when I first tried months back to set this all up and had to send my Bakx back for repair due to my own negligence. So never really figured it out successfully.

olysh pops

Unfortunately, I damaged my Bakx a few days after receiving it, in the summer of 2023. My mistake was to damage the thread of the Bakx when screwing the heatsink between the bakx and the mod.
lucky ones be more attentive than I was with the screw thread on the Bakx

:myday:

Last edited:

Trulukkyphrank

Unfortunately, I damaged my Bakx a few days after receiving it, in the summer of 2023. My mistake was to damage the thread of the Bakx when screwing the heatsink between the bakx and the mod.
lucky ones be more skilful than I was with the screw thread on the Bakx

:myday:
what is a heatsink?? Does this comes with the unit? I screwed the bakx directly in the mod, a thelema 100c..

Trulukkyphrank,
Reactions: olysh pops

olysh pops

what is a heatsink?? Does this comes with the unit? I screwed the bakx directly in the mod, a thelema 100c..
Yes, it comes with my unit. It can be placed between mod and bakx to dissipate heat. it's clearly visible in the @Shit Snacks photos below

Last edited:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Has anyone successfully used the Bakx on a Evolv DNA Triade 250C? Had troubles when I first tried months back to set this all up and had to send my Bakx back for repair due to my own negligence. So never really figured it out successfully.
Are you asking about DNA 250c in general, or the Triade 250c specifically? When you tried the setup did you use the Lamart DNA profile? Using the Lamart DNA profiles I was able to successfully setup my BAKx on several of my 100c and 250c mods. All were plug n play.

buckhakeesah

Are you asking about DNA 250c in general, or the Triade 250c specifically? When you tried the setup did you use the Lamart DNA profile? Using the Lamart DNA profiles I was able to successfully setup my BAKx on several of my 100c and 250c mods. All were plug n play.
Thank you. I meant specifically this Triade model. I finally have my Bakx in hand and can try getting this up and running tonight. Good to know you’ve had success on the 250c version. Wish me luck

Fesob_31

Sometimes with certain mods it can overheat, that happened with mine, so it solves the issue...

This is where DNA mods usually have an edge on the jwei mods. Less overheating. There is no need for the heatsink with DNA mods at all.
Tubo_myevic mods can benefit from the heatsink but then gotta be careful on the connector.
Heatsink not in the box anymore.

Last edited:

olysh pops

Here's the extract from the bakx manual that talks about heatsink
bakx-heatsink-manual.jpg

I'm not sure I understand. In your opinion, should the resistance be increased when using a heatsink ? By how much ?

edit : Joyetech eVic VTC manual does not answer these questions

Last edited:

buckhakeesah

Still no luck trying to get this Bakx working on my Triade 250C. I keep getting the error message "Check Battery" once all is connected and I hit the fire button. Batteries seem fine. I have the material file uploaded and the Bak Cruz software has been updated on it. To test, I went back to default DNA software and threw my Splinter Z back on there on wattage and all was still good and heating up with these batteries. Anyone know what else I could try on this DNA? Good thing I have a back up Sinous to try with the other software.

buckhakeesah,

DeadRabb1t

Company Rep
Still no luck trying to get this Bakx working on my Triade 250C. I keep getting the error message "Check Battery" once all is connected and I hit the fire button. Batteries seem fine. I have the material file uploaded and the Bak Cruz software has been updated on it. To test, I went back to default DNA software and threw my Splinter Z back on there on wattage and all was still good and heating up with these batteries. Anyone know what else I could try on this DNA?
My guess would be that when uploading the bak Cruz software it's setting a different battery config in the software than the default setup hence why when reverting to default its working in watts

I would either try adding the material to the default setup on a different tab to the wattage one, or looking at the battery config and taking a photo of that page and then uploading the bak Cruz theme part and checking to see if there is any difference

I suspect it's the amount of cells being different between the default and Lamart version is causing the error.

Hope this makes sense

Shit Snacks

Here's the extract from the bakx manual that talks about heatsink
bakx-heatsink-manual.jpg

I'm not sure I understand. In your opinion, should the resistance be increased when using a heatsink ? By how much ?

edit : Joyetech eVic VTC manual does not answer these questions

Yes I adjusted mine accordingly above and it felt right, pretty sure, posted all the details when I got it last year

Fesob_31

… you have to increase the resistance by 0.017 on the mod.

The heatsink itself is the shift in cold resistance: if you install the heatsink and then check for the new cold resistance, this is now higher than without the heatsink.
The same applies to the cable.
With a new, higher, cold resistance I’d be careful the first session, maybe starting few degrees lower than usual, finding then your sweet spot. Consistency is not a problem.

Nyx Dad

just wanted to put this out for reference-

per Choo on Lamart discord: “if you want to use your heatsink, make sure the center pin of it moves back and forth, otherwise they push too much indeed”

the center pin stiffness likely causes contacts to be pushed in further than necessary - i have two baks and both heatsinks are stiff, it messed up my connections to my evic duals; now i use them without heatsinks (one with ext. cord) with a thelema/centaurus and they work perfectly

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Where is the auction for the presale devices? Does anyone know, I don't see it on Lamart's site?

bkkbob,

buckhakeesah

My guess would be that when uploading the bak Cruz software it's setting a different battery config in the software than the default setup hence why when reverting to default its working in watts

I would either try adding the material to the default setup on a different tab to the wattage one, or looking at the battery config and taking a photo of that page and then uploading the bak Cruz theme part and checking to see if there is any difference

I suspect it's the amount of cells being different between the default and Lamart version is causing the error.

Hope this makes sense
Thank you @DeadRabb1t I was able to get it working finally on the Triade with your recommendation of adding the material to the default setup. For me, installing the Lamart DNA theme affected it working properly so I am back on the default theme and seems to be working fine so I will stick with that.

Shit Snacks

Where is the auction for the presale devices? Does anyone know, I don't see it on Lamart's site?

It's not an auction for pre-sale devices, it's an auction to cut the line and secure your choice of device before the drop... As such the auctions end earlier than the drop begins so you were too late (pretty sure at least)

Top Bottom