AugustHaus Better Banger

JCat

Accessory Maker
This one has been mentioned in a few other places on the site but felt it deserved a thread of its own.

This one has my interest piqued for sure! Think I’ll be ordering one soon. Will completely change the game in what can be done with scripts with the FC e-nail :)

https://www.theaugusthaus.com/product-page/better-banger

a2b5e8_e351451375b44734a89e15d70caf800e~mv2.jpg

a2b5e8_de5234126a7b472b82c48417ac05777a~mv2.jpg

JCat

Accessory Maker
Well, didn’t last 24 hours between seeing this and ordering one :lol:

Chatted with August and his site was misquoting $70 for shipping but was actually only $26 so placed the order :)

Seems like a great guy and this really strikes me as a great innovation for enails! (Also love his Dead themed t-shirt :) )

a2b5e8_aac914c883e4440d81ddaa3fce4935f3~mv2.jpg

Chatted with August and his site was misquoting $70 for shipping but was actually only $26 so placed the order :)

Seems like a great guy and this really strikes me as a great innovation for enails! (Also love his Dead themed t-shirt :) )

how is it? could you give a review vs other desktop enails or in comparison with e rigs with sic/ruby inserts?

JohnnyApplebees,

buckhakeesah

Interesting. Been looking at the videos on YT to figure out how this all works. Seems like all that surrounding metal would get hot as hell too right? More metal and pieces to clean too so more surfaces for the oil to cling. And it’s dabbing off an Sic bucket with more accurate measured temp? Am I understanding this setup correctly?

I had an errlectric full quartz setup where there was a titanium bucket press fit into a coil that the quartz bucket sat in and it actually worked fantastic, so I’m sure this thing should be awesome I imagine. Can’t wait for jcats review

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
The metal will get hot, but don't really see too much reclaim sticking to it as it is mostly if not all out of the vapor path (except maybe a small lip at the top).

The real benefit here (theoretically), will be the almost instantaneous heat transfer from the coil to the dabbing surface vs quartz that has a massive delay.

We'll see! Very excited to try :)

Oden

Hi!
Since the time, do you have an opinion to give on Better Banger?
I hesitate between him and the tbucket.
But I must admit that the Better Banger is attractive for its more affordable price.

Oden,

Oden

Hi!
But I must admit that the Better Banger is attractive for its more affordable price.

Oden,

ontopofclouds

Hi!
I have a tbucket and better banger

tbh I would most likely choose the better banger over the tbucket, although if you're more specific about your dabbing style I can say which may be better suited for your needs etc.

ontopofclouds,
Reactions: Oden

Oden

I have a tbucket and better banger

tbh I would most likely choose the better banger over the tbucket, although if you're more specific about your dabbing style I can say which may be better suited for your needs etc.
I have a pockety that I love, but I would like a desktop setup that I could keep for a long time without the fear of electrical malfunction like with an e-rig...
For my style of dabbing, I'm looking for a device that keeps a constant and precise heat like my pockety, giving me several puffs per session.
Ultimate flavor isn't what I'm looking for, more like an e-nail that gets the most out of my concentrate.
I feel like the tbucket is more of a heavy hitter like 1 or two draw because of the very large dish?
The better banger is easy to clean?

Oden,

ontopofclouds

I have a pockety that I love, but I would like a desktop setup that I could keep for a long time without the fear of electrical malfunction like with an e-rig...
For my style of dabbing, I'm looking for a device that keeps a constant and precise heat like my pockety, giving me several puffs per session.
Ultimate flavor isn't what I'm looking for, more like an e-nail that gets the most out of my concentrate.
I feel like the tbucket is more of a heavy hitter like 1 or two draw because of the very large dish?
The better banger is easy to clean?
well ultimately both the tbucket and better banger are both premium products that will fulfill the the things you've described in this post. You can't go wrong with either of them but there are different particulars to each. For me the biggest difference between the two is the better banger is a more traditional banger setup in the sense that its 25mm and a very deep, more narrow style dish. the tubcket is very shallow in comparison and 30mm so its obviously wider.

the wide dish of the tbucket is nice for spreading your concentrate over but you do have to be careful and conscious sometimes about making sure your concentrate doesn't spill over the edge of the dish and get between the dish and tbucket. once it gets underneath the dish it starts to fuse the dish to the tbucket and assembly and makes it a bit of a pain in the ass to clean. for most people this isn't an issue, but if you're someone like me who mainly uses hash rosin, which takes a bit longer to melt in the dish, and who also dabs a bit on the larger side using term pearls the tbucket can be a bit unforgiving. again this isn't an issue most people have but for me the versatilely of the better banger is an area where I prefer it over the tbucket.

the tbucket can be used as either a heavy hitter or more of a sipper. there are plenty of users who do both with it. I tend more towards the heavier hits but you can absolutely get multiple puffs per session off the tbucket. the larger surface area of the tbucket dishes (30mm) means the concentrate tends to puddle up in the middle a bit sometimes requiring multiple pass thrus to take care of so if anything I would actually say the tbucket tends more towards being session style than a heavy hitter. but of course with the pid you can always just crank it up or down to make it do what you want ultimately...

I haven't felt the need to take the better banger apart to clean it yet so I can't comment on that part. the tbucket is pretty easy to clean assuming you aren't spilling any concentrate over the dish. you simply just take the dish out and clean it and you're good to go. then every so often you may need to soak the tbucket assembly itself in iso to clean up any buildup in the draw tube.

tbucket assembly is pretty heavy. make sure you have a rig with a very sturdy base to make sure that there is no danger of tipping it over

if you're going to get a tbucket the sapphire dish is a must imo

Oden

well ultimately both the tbucket and better banger are both premium products that will fulfill the the things you've described in this post. You can't go wrong with either of them but there are different particulars to each. For me the biggest difference between the two is the better banger is a more traditional banger setup in the sense that its 25mm and a very deep, more narrow style dish. the tubcket is very shallow in comparison and 30mm so its obviously wider.

the wide dish of the tbucket is nice for spreading your concentrate over but you do have to be careful and conscious sometimes about making sure your concentrate doesn't spill over the edge of the dish and get between the dish and tbucket. once it gets underneath the dish it starts to fuse the dish to the tbucket and assembly and makes it a bit of a pain in the ass to clean. for most people this isn't an issue, but if you're someone like me who mainly uses hash rosin, which takes a bit longer to melt in the dish, and who also dabs a bit on the larger side using term pearls the tbucket can be a bit unforgiving. again this isn't an issue most people have but for me the versatilely of the better banger is an area where I prefer it over the tbucket.

the tbucket can be used as either a heavy hitter or more of a sipper. there are plenty of users who do both with it. I tend more towards the heavier hits but you can absolutely get multiple puffs per session off the tbucket. the larger surface area of the tbucket dishes (30mm) means the concentrate tends to puddle up in the middle a bit sometimes requiring multiple pass thrus to take care of so if anything I would actually say the tbucket tends more towards being session style than a heavy hitter. but of course with the pid you can always just crank it up or down to make it do what you want ultimately...

I haven't felt the need to take the better banger apart to clean it yet so I can't comment on that part. the tbucket is pretty easy to clean assuming you aren't spilling any concentrate over the dish. you simply just take the dish out and clean it and you're good to go. then every so often you may need to soak the tbucket assembly itself in iso to clean up any buildup in the draw tube.

tbucket assembly is pretty heavy. make sure you have a rig with a very sturdy base to make sure that there is no danger of tipping it over

if you're going to get a tbucket the sapphire dish is a must imo
I say a big thank you 🙏
This is exactly the opinion I was looking for between these two products for several weeks to make my choice.
On the Troy band people make fun of the design of the better banger.
But I knew it was an effective design!
So I'm going to order the better banger!

ontopofclouds

well while we're waiting for jcat's review anxiously ;) I thought I would update the thread and say the cleaning and disassembly/reassembly of the banger couldn't be easier

the quartz upper is extremely fragile though (no surprise), I dropped mine on carpet by accident and it broke. thankfully it came with a spare. so just be careful handling the quartz

ontopofclouds,
  • Haha
Reactions: biohacker
Top Bottom