• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Auber Instruments RDK200 e-nail

PoopMachine

mod note: New thread created to correct thread take-over

Auber Insturments has their enail on sale at a crazy price. You can get the controller, coil and nail for just a tad over $200.00.

I have one of these and its been flawless and Auber's customer service is top notch.

The included nail is okay.. I swapped in a HE Infiniti nail with adapter but if you ordered the flat coil, you could get it nail-less and use the HE Infiniti if you already have one.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45&products_id=459

Their universal nail is a straight knockoff of the HE piece I just noticed at a tremendously lower price.

Last edited by a moderator:

PoopMachine

Havent noticed any temperature issues with the Auber piece. Set it at 700, Ive seen it go to 701 and come back down to 700 but thats about it. Im surprised more people havent jumped on the Auber piece. Its a V2 device and fixes some of the issues that the other boxes seem to have. Its small, well made and their customer service is top notch.

GSH

On a Möbius plane
Auber Insturments has their enail on sale at a crazy price. You can get the controller, coil and nail for just a tad over $200.00.

I have one of these and its been flawless and Auber's customer service is top notch.

The included nail is okay.. I swapped in a HE Infiniti nail with adapter but if you ordered the flat coil, you could get it nail-less and use the HE Infiniti if you already have one.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45&products_id=459

Their universal nail is a straight knockoff of the HE piece I just noticed at a tremendously lower price.
Just snagged one of these, looking for ard to getting it and pairing it up withy the Dougboy Donut Klein. I like the rotary control rather than the normal PID buttons. @PoopMachine, do you know what they improved in this version, or what problems from other Enails it fixes?

Thanks

weenstoned

Just ordered that Auber Instruments enail, thanks @PoopMachine , seemed like a pretty decent deal. I kinda wanted to do diy, but I don't even know how to solder or own a soldering iron so I would probably have spent pretty much the same and ended up with a larger/jankier enail.

Unfortunately between last night and tonight the flat coil was backordered so my nail won't ship till the end of the month. I opted to get their universal nail, ya it is probably chinese but I bet it is safe. Also might pick up the ceramic nail from domeless.com eventually.

Very much looking forward to temp control.

weenstoned,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Dr200

Havent noticed any temperature issues with the Auber piece. Set it at 700, Ive seen it go to 701 and come back down to 700 but thats about it. Im surprised more people havent jumped on the Auber piece. Its a V2 device and fixes some of the issues that the other boxes seem to have. Its small, well made and their customer service is top notch.

Hey PoopMachine, How long does your Auber unit take to heat up?

Dr200,

vjt324

I'm debating on pulling the trigger on that Auber myself and pairing it w a hive ceramics enail. @PoopMachine any thoughts or comments. How good is this thing.

vjt324,

PoopMachine

IM using mine right now! Its been flawless and their customer service is stellar. They also have a knock off of the Infiniti nail I noticed. Id probably go that route and a flat coil.

vjt324

Just ordered it and a hive ceramics enail and carbcap. $325 total. I'm fuckin excited!!!!!

Edit:
Went w the 16mm coil b/c the flat coil is on back order till next year.

Edit2:
Went w this over the errlectric for that same reason maaaan. Interchangeable coils = a ton of nail options from Quartz to ti to ceramic. Good to know their cs in on point too that's a plus.

Last edited:
vjt324,
Reactions: Dr200

PoopMachine

Im sure you wont be disappointed. All you have to do is set the temp to 700 when you turn it on the first time. It will remember it every time after that. All the PID parameters are preset at the defaults most everyone uses.

I just ordered a spare coil for mine. They dont have them listed but I emailed them, they sent me an email with a Paypal invoice, I paid it and got a shipment notice within 15 minutes. Theyve responded to questions after hours... its seriously some of the best support Ive ever seen.

weenstoned

Mine actually shipped out despite it saying that the flat coil was back-ordered, so I guess they might have put that message up early in anticipation of running out.

GSH

On a Möbius plane
I got my Auber RDK200 in yesterday. What an awesome bit of kit. A lot smaller than I expected which is a pleasant surprise and operates flawlessly. It has a temperature correction setting for getting the nail temp to be as close as the readout as possible. I have mine set up with a flat coil with the domeless.com ceramic nail and it's working brilliantly! Also it only took FedEx 3 days to ship it from USA to UK, I think that is the quickest international delivery I have ever had!

Thanks @PoopMachine for the recommendation!

PoopMachine

Man, Im glad to hear that. The people at Auber are definitely on top of their game but theyre not really a 420 business, they just happen to sell this unit. Someone tried to tie this thing up as an exclusive for their company but they couldnt come to terms. Good for us because this is the best deal out there as far as Im concerned.

I still may review a unit from The Terpz, they just havent been super responsive about getting me a test unit.

GSH

On a Möbius plane
I really like the rotary control actually...is very easy to change temps quickly, and the size...so tiny!

CpPBVwK.jpg

GSH

On a Möbius plane
Did you set up the temperature offset? I dont have a heat gun to do that sadly.
Yeah I did, got it set at 1.14

I have a k-type thermocouple probe thermometer which I use to measure the surface temp of the nail. I also have a heat gun but find it not as accurate at meauring the surface temp, it is better at measuring the air temp.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FFYEPVQ

Dr200

I got my Auber RDK200 in yesterday. What an awesome bit of kit. A lot smaller than I expected which is a pleasant surprise and operates flawlessly. It has a temperature correction setting for getting the nail temp to be as close as the readout as possible. I have mine set up with a flat coil with the domeless.com ceramic nail and it's working brilliantly! Also it only took FedEx 3 days to ship it from USA to UK, I think that is the quickest international delivery I have ever had!

Thanks @PoopMachine for the recommendation!

I just put my order in for Auber RDK200 w/ flat coil and universal Ti nail. Great customer service and after reading @PoopMachine and @GSH review and pictures I had to order it. The price is right and with a 1 year warranty I figured I could finally treat myself.

Dr200,
Reactions: GSH

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Great find @PoopMachine, thanks for sharing!

Any reason to pick the Auber RDK200 w/flat coil versus their other offering the RDK-110K?
I do like the look of the #110K model a bit better(certainly not a deal breaker) and wonder if it may be more stable(I don't want to lift the coil on the RDK200 and have the control box flopping around on my vaping surface, I hope described that properly) than the #200 model. Any thoughts/opinons would be greatly appreciated.

Not much into soldering, so I am down to the Auber models and the Shatterbox on Massdrop(which has enough votes, but no deal struck yet with manufacturer).

Thanks for any input

PoopMachine

The RDK200 is the updated version. They have a whole list of reasons that the V2 product is better. Better temperature protection, smaller package, etc. You can adjustthe PID values still. The V1 has been discontinued for a while as they blow out stock. The V2 unit, at the price its on sale for, is the deal of the century.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
The RDK200 is the updated version. They have a whole list of reasons that the V2 product is better. Better temperature protection, smaller package, etc. You can adjustthe PID values still. The V1 has been discontinued for a while as they blow out stock. The V2 unit, at the price its on sale for, is the deal of the century.
Thanks for the advice.

Now to order my Christmas present from my wife that she doesn't know she bought me yet lol!!

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Just pulled the trigger on the Auber Instruments RDK200. Thanks for all the good advice in this thread. It was still on sale, even though the sale was supossed to be over.

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: GSH

PoopMachine

One of my buddies bought one as well and he is in love with that thing. You guys are going to be really happy. Its a wonderful device and their customer service is stellar.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Update on Auber RDK200 e-nail --

Originally thought I might get mine by Christmas because they sent me a tracking # on December 22nd.
Weird because their website said they were backordered until Dec. 29th. Then, a few days later on their website the backorder date was changed to Dec. 30th, and now today I see it says parts will be in on 12/12/2014, I assume they mean January 12, 2015.

My order status on Auber's website shows my order as "Processing/Shipped", but the tracking # on USPS still says, "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 22, 2014 to expect your package for mailing."
Not the end of the world but hopefully they get the parts soon and get them shipped out.

TP said it best, "The waiting is the hardest part."

Silver420Surfer,

PoopMachine

Did you order the flat coil? Is that the holdup? Im thinking about getting a flat coil as well for my Infiniti.. I dont feel like the barrel coil does a good job of getting the center of the nail hot with the HE e-nail adapter.

I REALLY like the nail that comes with the Auber units but the one downside is they basically cake burnt resin on the joint and its a bear to clean. The Infiniti, because it directs the vapor straight down, doesnt do this but the flipside is I dont feel like the nail gets as hot in the center.

Top Bottom