• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Athlete Vaporists?

CANtalk

Hey, how are fellow athlete vaporists doing? I hope well! Thx and keep sharing stories.

Things are progressing here. I'm now ~8 MTB rides and 115 miles into the year.... after the late late spring here. The first half of those rides came with a brutal recovery period right after finishing.... and now recovery is only ~15 minutes. I've already shaved >1/2 an hr off the 18 mile MTB loops. And only two rest stops today on the same loop as before... with <3 minutes total rest time. I averaged 10 mph on this ride for the first time this year. I've also ridden the shorter 10 mile trail loop with the #1 killer cardio killer trail in the area two more times. The technical MTB biking skills appear to be pretty sharp, I'm traversing all trails well, getting through rock gardens regularly now, completing skinny structures and other trail structures, etc..

Todays MTB ride was nice, it was 100 minutes long yet felt like 30. Nice weather, sun out, steady higher tempo pace, very enjoyable. Weather is still spotty here.

:peace: :leaf:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Hooray, I signed up for my first running event – and it will be an ultra race! :-)

Just a few days left until my very first race, I'm super excited!

Had some bad luck with a few injuries in April and May, mainly I smashed my knee and chest quite badly (on an easy run! Gah!) which took me out of the game for almost two weeks, happy to see my fitness getting back to me just in time. Weather forecast says it will be hot and rainy, woohoo! :-)

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Had my annual physical on Friday, complete with extensive testing, given that I'm 74 with typical issues. At the end, the doctor joked that I'm one of only two of his older patients that got younger this year because my test results were improved in all five categories we're monitoring--and I lost some weight. Last summer I damaged first one knee and then the other because of bad seat adjustment on my bike, but then had a great if moderate fall biking in my northern Newfoundland heaven. So over the winter I decided that I would get on the stationary bike at least four or more times every week...and I did it. So came into this years biking season in good condition. (A bit sadly, because of childhood injury, my feet have gone bad and over the last five years I've had to give up first jogging, then hiking, and then xc skiing. So biking is it for me for vigorous exercise.) I've been biking one to three hours 4-6 days a week on the many hills and forest roads in the NH White Mountains where I mostly live. Yah, its an ebike, but no throttle and I use the lowest setting: I want that sweat and that pounding heart! I feel really good. And I vaped before and during both the stationary bike sessions and now outdoors. Typically its my first stone of the day and typically its mid to late afternoon that I get stoned and exercise. Now I'm on my way to my place in northern Newfoundland, where my ebike makes riding into the constant gale force winds and hilly terrain much more fun, especially given the quality resins, rosins, and weeds I've gotten from the extraordinary New Brunswick government weed stores.

PS: Also interesting that I smoked cigarettes and pot for over fifty years each, but I always exercised. Once I quit, my exercise obsession seemed to clear out my lungs. So glad that vaping appeared on the scene at exactly the right time for me.

Last edited:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
@Polarbearboy , how did you overcome that breathing issue that you were reporting around a year ago or so?
For all my at home usage, which is probably two thirds of my cannabis intake, I've put carbon filters and water between the vape and my lungs. My vape goes directly into a Grav inline carbon filter then into my bubbly dab rig(either a double recycler or a large Mobius sidecar matrix) then inhaled through an ugly MouthPeace carbon filter that I've doubled by carefully gluing two filters together. I've tried multiple kinds of edibles, oral sprays, and capsules, but find that I much prefer the instant hit of inhaling. I've tried every kind of bubbler and bong, every kind of perc, ash catchers, every kind of filter and this is what works for me. The truth is I like big milky hits; this is the only way I can do 'em without causing wheezing and coughing.

When I ride, I take a couple of hits using the rig above before setting out. If I want hits on the road, I use the doubled MouthPeace along with my vape and try not to take monster hits.

PS: I hauled my ebike to my second home on the northern-most tip of Newfoundland. Still a ton of snow around here, including in my yard. Nothing even faintly green yet. But the roads are clear and after two rainy cold(30sF, 3C) the sun is out and the wind isn't severe. Moved my car with the bike rack out of the wind and washed all the awful road grime off and then lubed the chain and derailler. I'm headed out for an hour or two ride after lunch. And yes, knowing that the nearest dispensary is 270 miles from here, that gas is over 9$ a gallon CN, I made a three to five month buy in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, so I'm holding three different rosins, three live resins, three shatters, two 1/8ths, and four 3-packs of pre-rolls. Yah, I could buy Mafia crap here, but....

Last edited:

CANtalk

Hope your race went excellent @Siebter! Impressive @Polarbearboy. I microdose and vape on the weekends after exercise.

I've had a 5 or so day break again from exercising and the MTB because of cold and/or wet weather. What a terrible spring here. We're still dodging frost. It's also put other spring house and yard work behind schedule. Up until the recent poor weather, I was averaging a MTB ride ever two days, which was great. No rush I guess. I still have a ways to go to get my cardio up more for the strenuous trails in area. The exercise and getting outdoors again has been very rewarding and enjoyable, cheers.

Sorry for any grammar / spelling issues, I'm usually vaping when I post here.

Have a great weekend.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Hope your race went excellent @Siebter!

It was an amazing experience! I managed six loops in total or 39.96km / 24.83 miles, which was my major goal for this day (about 13 km more than my longest run so far). I'm sure I could have done more and will try again next year, but I had only two or three hours of sleep the night before and the early starting time would have been a challenge for me even without that. The course was fantastic (a wood in the outskirts of Berlin), but also very tricky because some parts had a very sandy & soft and therefore energy sucking underground. The first few loops were okay, but at some point I began to fear those parts. However, I managed to finish four loops before anyone else (although that didn't give me any extra points anyway...) and having made six loops in total made me avoid a „DNF“. :-)

The →race format is super interesting and I'm totally looking forward to try it again. The atmo was super nice and friendly too.

resized-Backyard-Ultra-Logo.png

The winner that day finished his final lap sometime the next morning, 17 loops or 113.22km / 70.35 miles...

Edit: All this could never have happened if I was still combusting.

Last edited:

CANtalk

Great to hear @Siebter!

It's quiet here, who else is outside enjoying some exercise?

TGIF & I too can share some good news... after that long break it turned into a great week. I was able to get out and exercise. I didn't get on the MTB until mid week with early week home yard / garden work exercise, but I did get three rides in over the last three days.

Overall, it's been excellent :tup:. ~60 miles total and it seems the rest helped. My fitness level has markedly improved & quickly as well. I took the cardio killer trail twice again... and the number of breaks needed to catch my breath has halved. Every ride included the #2 cardio trail in the area. I also got through the city limit trail system for the first time this year on one ride (~20 miles)... happy it was before June and while including both the #1 & #2 cardio trails. Today's ride was ~18 miles, the #2 cardio trail was fun in reverse for a change and I climbed a mid trail cardio killing low gear ascent for the first time ever. Pumped about that :nod:. I also made it through home stretch trail climb-out near my house without taking a break for the first time this year. I forgot to eat before getting out today, so I took a short energy bar break on the ride (3-4 minutes) and still had the energy for a number of accomplishments. All in all, great times.

Cheers and enjoy ur exercise and/or the outdoors.

Last edited:

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
not outside for me ... last time i was on a bike, i was pumping hard to work up a sweat and the chain came off and i went down - that was 8 years ago or so. i prefer inside workout.

i passed 74 last march. i do 35 minutes on the Nordic Track skier 3 out of 4 days - this works up a full body sweat after 7 minutes. i hit and maintain my theoretical max heart rate. i have been doing the NT for 40 years in August. i highly recommend doing aerobics for health.

i add in some strength training 4 out of 7 days. i was doing 4x25 push ups, situps, and squats and changed that up for 4x25 squats (the king of exercises) + 4x15 hanging knee lifts + 4x15 dips - plus some twisting, tilting, bending calisthenics - this takes 20 minutes. i decided to go with a full body weight exercise rather than the half-weight of pushups and situps.

i throw in just hanging on the pull up bar when i want to get up off my ass during the work day - working my way up to 100 seconds, just got to 60.

i have a bowflex that i use 4 out of 7 days - 1x10 for ten exercises - focusing on shoulders, arms and abs - i do a slow breath per rep with a hold during the exhale - this is my 100 breath exercise routine - this also takes 20 minutes

this is coupled with a lo carb / healthy fat nutrition plan. bmi is 21. 6'0" at 155 lbs. never count calories - i eat real food and it seems that shit has no calories - i can eat as much as i can hold. intermittent fasting with an 8 hour eating window.

no meds other than cannabis (currently have some very nice Cinderella 99) and psilocybin: B+, Golden Teacher - for microdosing - trying some Nepal and Burma this year.

i have never been healthier in my life. i credit the Nordic Track mostly. 40 fucking years! and i don't know why ...

Last edited:

neoncheesecake

also very, very in awe of you all!
Hippie Dickie, your routine sounds so solid. for your hanging knee lifts, do you use a pull up bar or something? I don't have one but I really enjoy doing strength training exercise while I'm hanging, like leg and knee raises. maybe I'll just have to drag myself to the gym for that...
One of my favorite things is being outdoors with weed. I don't think I've taken many hikes without it! haven't done much hiking this year but hopefully that will change soon.
Any skateboarders on here? that is my main exercise and I love it. sometimes difficult to skate when high, I find it can throw off my balance sometimes. but great for stretching and relaxing after a session.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Any skateboarders on here? that is my main exercise and I love it. sometimes difficult to skate when high, I find it can throw off my balance sometimes. but great for stretching and relaxing after a session.
If you give me 5 minutes I can still do a kickflip. 😬 I used to skate a lot when I was 13 to ~16 but don't own a board anymore. However, my girlfriend does and whenever I visit her in Vienna (which is an awesome city for skating) we'll have a couple of nice longboarding sessions. It always surprises me how taxing those skate sessions are for me, an avid and consistently training runner – but oh, cruising through a city on a warm summer evening is just lovely.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I've been able to keep up with the regimen since Sept. 2021 - Run 5k on Mon, Wed, Fri and strength/core training Tuesday and Saturday. I was doing strength training on Thursday as well but found that I'm making better gains and feel better overall with just two weekly strength sessions. Took a couple months in between to train for a yearly 15K and had the worst 15K time ever...... but I never walked any of it which is my number one goal for any run/race.

Years ago I began using Honey-Do's around the house when applicable to augment or substitute for a workout and will add or substitute a strength session with a Honey-Do. For example - Brushing the pool, mowing, edging, applying lawn chemicals and tree/bush trimming are all great for the arms and the core when you increase the work speed and take no breaks. Just gotta be careful not to sacrifice too much care for speed/intensity. Pretty sure my neighbor's think I've lost my mind sometimes but sometimes you gotta make a choice....If I edge and mow (here in Florida heat) it's not likely I'm going to run or strength train that day anyway.

I do miss the mountain biking though and would cross-train more if I didn't love chasing the runners high with a cannabis kicker so much. I just can't get high and mountain bike comfortably on decent trails.

neoncheesecake

If you give me 5 minutes I can still do a kickflip. 😬 I used to skate a lot when I was 13 to ~16 but don't own a board anymore. However, my girlfriend does and whenever I visit her in Vienna (which is an awesome city for skating) we'll have a couple of nice longboarding sessions. It always surprises me how taxing those skate sessions are for me, an avid and consistently training runner – but oh, cruising through a city on a warm summer evening is just lovely.
that's awesome, better than I! I can't kickflip but I also skated when I was that age and got back into it as an adult 4 years ago. I'm better than I was as a teenager but having an older body (and a full time job!) is limiting. I progress slowly but just enjoy being on my board and visiting different skateparks.
That does sound lovely! I'm a girl skater too. I loved Vienna when I was there a decade ago, skating in a european city is definitely a bucket list item. You should do yourself a favor and get a new board ;)

el sargantano

also very, very in awe of you all!
Hippie Dickie, your routine sounds so solid. for your hanging knee lifts, do you use a pull up bar or something? I don't have one but I really enjoy doing strength training exercise while I'm hanging, like leg and knee raises. maybe I'll just have to drag myself to the gym for that...
One of my favorite things is being outdoors with weed. I don't think I've taken many hikes without it! haven't done much hiking this year but hopefully that will change soon.
Yeah, more skaters in daa hoouuuseee!
I am no way downhilling any high for evident safety reasons. Let's save it as deserved reward when day comes to an end, and survive to skate another day!
Next week our club is celebrating its nowadays only event in a year, at least we have a race this year in this country...
Promo 2022
Wanna check the road as you were leading the pack?Quantum@LaTronaFreeride21
PS: figure skating is cool aesthetics, racing is something else. And don't underestimate the low profile of practing at any pump track!
Every fuck'buster get the first couple of beers for free, feel invited!

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
my house has a basement with a 10' ceiling with a red iron I-beam running the length. i threw two chains over the I-beam and hung a bar between them - very secure - not like a door frame bar that has to be well installed to handle body weight.

CANtalk

Another week's gone by and I've enjoyed more MTB trail riding exercise. The rapid gains I was making with ~60 trail miles last week ended up coming with some big time tiredness too. I guess I shouldn't be surprised and I think I took 4 days off... still haven't fully recovered either. It's like I'm already over exercising again :rolleyes:. I'm still trying to average day on day off type of thing with trail MTB riding and exercise, but because of weather and other things it often ends up all over the place, like 3 days on 3 days off. I am doing other types exercise on my days off too, typical house and yard chores, etc. The garden is always work this time of year especially.

The last few weeks I was still dealing with cool weather & temps, taking a number of MTB rides in temps below 60 F (15 C). This week was better. Recently I did a couple 12 mile trail rides and had a good one that included the cardio killer trail. And only resting twice on it :bowdown:. It took me to near the end of last year to get to <3 rests on that trail, so I'm stoked about the rest of riding season here. Today, I backed of the intensity and went for a more relaxing very nice weather MTB, >25 miles too. I ate and now I'm going to low temp vape some Trainwreck :clap:.

I'm still waiting until after MTB trail rides to vape as well @His_Highness... the challenging trails in the area are most definitely not comfortable or safe when high :leaf::smug:. But boy, does vaping ever hit hard after getting out for some good exercise... very enjoyable :nod:. I wish I could exercise year round but winters here in Canada are rough and it can be difficult for me to get motivated to exercise indoors. I took last winter off, first time in a few years, and I'm trying / hoping to get back to where I was last fall. Though the drop-off will motivate me to exercise more this winter :sherlock:.

I picked up some cycling shorts for the first time this year and so far they've been great. Should've done that years ago.

Sorry for any spelling / grammar issues.

Cheers, thx for sharing stories, keep exercising and have a great weekend everyone!

ca6ztb7t45391.jpg

Last edited:

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Riding down 2nd ave last week a woman about my age on a road bike saw me trackstand a light and then gave me a cheeky smile and tried to chase me. We kept shooting each other friendly grins as we climbed the avenue, myself pulling ahead until we reached my turn where I gave her a thumbs up.

Riding back up 1st ave later that day I met up with a young guy (maybe 30 at most) who was riding a clean looking pink folding bike. He was mashing hard to try to keep up with me and was himself doing a good clip considering the bike he was on. He commented that I was fast and asked if I owned a road bike. I told him I did not and don't consider them safe for inner city riding. He then proceeded to insist that I get a road bike and get into racing. He brushed off comments about my age and weight and continued to implore me to take up the sport. I then explained that I prefer an endurance challenge and likely would not consider a road bike any time soon. I also explained how I thought cannabis improves my athletic performance through muscle recovery and pain relief, and how I enjoyed the runners high mixed with cannabis high. Not long after this he was about to make his turn west so we exchanged friendly parting words.

This is the second time someone random has tried to encourage me to take up road bikes and racing this year.

I consider it flattering and what they're seeing in me is relentless conditioning. Riding a bike daily is great but how hard you ride makes a difference too apparently. I'm constantly pushing myself to my limits and beyond, tempering my body for extreme efforts. My 70% is like most people's 100%....

Nina

that's awesome, better than I! I can't kickflip
I see your 'cant kickflip' and I raise you...I can't even stay on it/stay upright/do it at all. Whilst I am very into fitness I have no athletic ability whatosever!!
Bought rollerblades a few years back, I tried but pffftt, it's just too hard for humans to do, those people I see darting about on boards & rolloeblades, they must be a higher form of human. It's outta my reach🤷‍♀️

acaderp

Howdy fellow athletic types! Nice to see all the endurance folks here as a former runner/dabbling MTB'er. These days I've shifted my endeavors to strength sports, the weirder the better. Therefore, I compete in kettlebell sport (good grief, 11 years now), and am in my fourth season of throwing in the Highland Games.

Kettlebell sport (10-minute sets of specific lifts, compete to see how many reps one can achieve in jerk, snatch, and long cycle (clean and jerk)) scratches my endurance itch while also challenging flexibility and strength. Highland games is just brute-strength fun hurling ludicrous heavy things around a field while wearing a kilt.

And lemme tell ya ... vaping after either one of these is damn near necessary, especially as a Masters competitor (I'm over 50). These sports are fun as hell but there's a lot of sore muscles afterwards...

Also seriously considering entering a strongman show this fall. Like I said, the weirder the sport, the better!

CANtalk

Thx for sharing all the personal stories, I find each one inspirational in its own way. The human condition is universal. For me, this week I realized I've been pushing very hard in exercise this last month. And even after accounting for bigger caloric intake and much better food choices this year. I've eaten more white rice in the last 1.5 months than the last 10 years. Hard core exercise to the point of tiredness that has been difficult to fit into a busy schedule, but so far with impressive gaina. I have visible fat loss everywhere, from face to arms to legs, etc. and down to muscle striations, etc.

I was on the MTB another ~40 miles in two days this week again... with a combination of hardcore MTB trails and some distance. Even dealt with a bit of poison ivy or some other shit. I'm eating more this year to recover better and improve, w\and it's been more successful overall. Duh. On a recent ride I danced with some near muscle strain issues... ghosts from years past and discussed here. I even limped for a bit one night, but so far so good. Avoided issues, no regrets and 100% success so far. I've been on a much needed and planned break for the last few days while it's raining. At this time, day on day off exercise-wise (overall) has worked but appears to be too high tempo. I am factoring that in as I roll here.

It's rain the next four days aftertomorrow , which appears to be my sign to get out 🚵‍♂️.

I'm haf on Acapulco Gold after a weekly break :science:, so sorry for any spelling/grammar issues :razz:.

Have a great Friday night and keep up ur enjoyment.

hinglemccringleberry

Love seeing cyclists skaters runners and lifters in here! I've done a bit of them all, except skating! I had a board but sucked terriblly. But got into snowboarding thanks to a friend and have been doing that every winter for about a decade now...can ride the mountain halfway decent once I'm warmed up.

Calvin & Hobbes FTMFW!!!

Last edited:

1973PortlandToker

For all my at home usage, which is probably two thirds of my cannabis intake, I've put carbon filters and water between the vape and my lungs ... this is the only way I can do 'em without causing wheezing and coughing.

Polarbearboy,

From your comment above, it seems that vaping without the filters damages your lungs. Do you think it's true that in general, vaping is bad for human lungs? This is a big concern for me, as I value exercising, skiing and climbing mountains -- which require full lung capacity and healthy lungs.

I've never vaped but was considering it, with dry flower and hash only. Now, your comment makes me think there may be no safe way to vape, except with something like the multiple filters you are using.

The CDC and NCBI recommend that people DO NOT vape. But most of the cases they've studied involve people who used products containing Vitamin E acetate, which is added to some cartridges. However, they do not come out and say explicitly that all kinds of vaping could damages your lungs.

Anyone care to comment?

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i only vape flower - i don't trust store bought concentrates, or anything that needs a label listing ingredients - for going on 22 years now after 30 years of smoking joints/glass pipe. i do a gram to 1.5 g per day over 6 to 8 sessions. i do not find this damages my lungs. my performance criteria is my Nordic Track, of which i have ranted many times - if i can do my 35 minutes then there is no damage. and the NT resets my receptors for the first toke of the day.

i have an all glass airpath vape with no filters. there is cooling of the vapor when it expands into the draw tube.

the last 3 years have taught me not to listen to the CDC. they do not understand the concept of health. likewise i am skeptical of allopathic medicine.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Do you think it's true that in general, vaping is bad for human lungs? This is a big concern for me, as I value exercising, skiing and climbing mountains -- which require full lung capacity and healthy lungs.
Most FC members probably come from smoking and there's strong evidence that vaping creates much less harm.

→ No smoke, no fire: What the initial literature suggests regarding vapourized cannabis and respiratory risk

→ Cannabis "Vaporization": A Promising Strategy for Smoke Harm Reduction

→ Medicinal Cannabis: In Vitro Validation of Vaporizers for the Smoke-Free Inhalation of Cannabis

→ Cannabis Vaporizer Combines Efficient Delivery of THC with Effective Suppression of Pyrolytic Compounds

While there might be some harm that might need mindful usage, it's nowhere near the harms of smoking. My fitness has made several quantum leaps since I switched to vaping. I might be even fitter if I gave up cannabis altogether, but that's just not an option – because vaping and sports go very well together. Any respiratory issue I had from vaping was short term, I usually vape right before I start my runs.

The key is mindful usage.

Top Bottom