Athlete Vaporists?

Knewt

I hardly consider myself an athlete but after 5 years of abstinence, I put some air in the tires (looks like I put in too much 😳) and went for a ride. With 2 young dogs I need an easy and fun way to exercise them. Three rides so far, and up to 6 miles (but at 9600’ in elevation). More to come.

52994987222_3984638ee0_c.jpg

CANtalk

I'm dodging smoke & it's still wet here, while getting out on the MTB 🚵‍♂️ :tup:. Feels like summer so far :love:. I recently got out for a 7 am ☀️ warm ride & did 28 miles in 3 hrs, with a mid-ride scenic view break & energy bar. It was excellent :clap:. Slept like a baby that night :rockon:. In the last week, I also managed to complete the #1 cardio killer trail again but this time with only two rest stops. The best I've done includes two rest stops & those trips began late in the season, end of September. To do two rest stops in early June is excellent for me & means I'm still progressing in this hobby :luv:. Looking forward to more MTB rides this week. And I've been making a slurpee / slush pick up a regular event after a MTB ride... need moar calories :rockon:

TGIF & have a great weekend

:peace: :leaf:
I hope everyone's out enjoying some exercise. I haven't posted in a while here. The day after my last post, I set up a 4 hr grilled pork back ribs cook & went for a MTB ride. The ribs came out excellent :). The ride included the top two difficult trails in the area & I finished the cardio killer trail with only one break 🥳. The only times I've done that before were in late September the last few years, so I'm super excited to get there in mid June :clap: :bowdown:. Then later in the ride I crashed :ugh:, hard. It was on an easy trail too... it turns out all the lush growth was obscuring the trail in spots and that bit me hard. Probably the worst crash I've had in the last ~15 years :(. I took the next >15 days off rehabilitating. Thankfully, no broken bones & overall I seem to be healing.

Recently, I tried a MTB trip again & things seem better than I thought. I've now done three trips in four days & gone >55 miles total, while again regularly including the top two difficult trails in the area. It's going great :rockon:. And my exercise fitness level is already back to where it was before the break.

Yesterday, I got out for ~19 miles in >90 F heat (>32 C) to visit a local festival while taking the top two difficult trails in the area & it all hit me big time :science:. It helped that I vaped a nice strong sativa once I got to the festival :brow:. Was even light headed for a while :evil:. First time I've used my portable vape in at least a year. Slept like a baby that night.

I plan to get out again today in more excellent summer weather, it's a short MTB riding season here. Share any stories & have a great long weekend

:peace::leaf:

Last edited:

CANtalk

I got out on the MTB again today & for another ~19 miles. Same trails & routine, sunny but much cooler. I only took one break on the cardio killer trail this time :rockon:. And this time I vaped some Maui Wowie strong sativa half way through the trip at the festival.

I think I'm going to be tired again tonight (in the best way). This now puts me at ~75 miles in four trips over that last five days & regularly on the top two difficult trails in the area. Riding back home high the last few evenings has been fun :) but it's not safe on my trails. It's been beautiful out & I found myself getting distracted when I should be focusing more on what's in of me (w/ limited visibility). I rarely get out on the MTB high.

The long weekend has delivered here so far, hope it has for y'all as well. Share any stories & have a great holiday Monday

CANtalk

Hey, what's going on out there in exercise land?

My exercise routine has been up & down like a yoyo & I need to fix that :shrug:. Felt positively bad for a few days after that last flourish of trips, and seemed to fight off a cold. Then today, I got out & I did 40 miles on the local MTB trails :freak:. Beautiful weather & conditions. First big-mile ride of the year, last year it was in September iirc :bowdown:

I'm gettin' out and luvin' the short summer season MTB trails & trips :love:

I see lots of awesome future MTB trail & trip opportunities 🥳

HAF so sorry of any spelling / grammar issues :razz:

TGIF & have a great weekend

Last edited:

CANtalk

It's going to be a hot one here today so I made it out this morning for another glorious MTB ride, ~19 miles & the top two difficult trails in the area. Not much power in the legs for the steep climbs but otherwise excellent. Yesterday my legs were aching pretty good for the last half hr or so, I presume because I was out of energy and cannabilizing the muscles for energy. Felt a bit of that today too when pushing the big climbs. I'm looking forward to some recovery & a nice day.

I hope everyone is getting out & enjoying some nice weather & exercise. Have a great weekend!

CANtalk

I got another couple MTB rides in this week, ~17 miles X2 & including the top two difficult trails in the area. Felt tired one day, very strong the other. Dodged some bad weather & smoke this week between the trips as well. Intermittent weather lately. Dry though, still dry.

Hope everyone has been able to enjoy some outdoor exercise :). Have a great weekend

CANtalk

It's great to here from others here & their things, let's hear more :tup:.

It finally was clear of smoke again & a beautiful day to get out exercising (high of 72 F). I got out in the early afternoon on the MTB trails for ~24 miles. And it included the top two difficult trails :clap::bowdown:. I started the ride feeling a little weak but got strong :rockon:. I stopped to rest again once on the cardio killer trail, but farther in than ever before 🥳. I can see potentially completing this trail without any rest stops this year for the first time ever :). The rest of the trip was very strong as well. It was the easiest 24 mile trip I've ever done, which is promising :nod:.

Very rewarding, highly recommended. I hope everyone is out enjoying some exercise & the outdoors

Last edited:

CANtalk

*hear

There's some rain coming in the forecast so I got out again today for another MTB trip 🚵‍♂️. ~17 miles this time while including the top two difficult trails & I switched up the order & direction of much of the ride for a change (as always). It went well. I didn't have as much power or endurance in the legs today, but I still set another personal best on the cardio killer trail of not stopping until ~80% in :clap:. Only one more climb worries me and I was able to finish that & the trail w/ only a 45 second or so rest. Definitely getting close to running that trail without stopping :cheers:.

How is everyone doing out there?

Varden

My first post here, but I have been reading for a while.

Usually I combine running, weights and swimming in my training. Where I am right now I have no access to a gym, but I have access to a beach, so for a while my training will be mostly swimming.

Yesterday I went down to the beach and did 1 km in around 45 minutes. I do 1/3 of each style, backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle. I am hoping that by the end of the 3-4 weeks that I am going to be here, I'll get that closer to 30 minutes.

CANtalk

I got out on another 17 mile MTB trail ride yesterday with the top two difficult / cardio trails included. It was awesome but took a lot out of me :doh:. So today I got out again & skipped the #1 cardio killer trail in the area, but I ended up doing ~29 miles :razz:. I'm pretty tired. It was excellent though, Nice conditions & out of the heat of the day. Still was in some 80 F weather though.

As part of today's trail ride, I'm over 600 miles this summer with the MTB 🥳. Been amazing overall & so far. I feel like I'm in best-ever endurance & riding shape. Cheers to that & vaping after & combining a runners high with a cannabis high :science:. I enjoy strong sativas & it's quite a combo after exercise :bowdown:

Here's the Strawberry Cough I'm vaping atm, enjoy 👍
725q1slcdh6b1.jpg

I'm eyeballing a potential overnight low in the next few days of 69 F outside :brow:, I would love to get out riding at sunrise & just enjoy a long MTB trip.,,

Any more stories from others?

Enjoy the exercise & vape, have a great weekend

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I like to live a pretty athletic lifestyle. Most days I do a ten mile ride on a fitness bike (Trek Verve2) - many days I even ride to the post office with a massive backpack filled with packages. Why drive and spend money on gas to run errands when I can bicycle and burn calories that my fat a$$ needs.

I truly enjoy wearing my Bose QuietComfort2 earbuds (set to aware mode so I can hear the world around me) and jam out while cycling for an hour to clear my head.

I'm still too afraid to hop on a road bike - they're too fast for me and I know I'd hurt myself on one. Instead I stick to my hybrid/fitness bike which still provides enough resistance to make it a good hour long cardio workout.

I also lift weights (albeit, higher reps, less weight) to help stay in some sort of reasonable shape for my age :lol:

During covid I was also tired of paying for a useless gym membership, plus I hate public gyms in general. So I'm currently in the process of building my home garage gym (although is it ever "finished" hahaha). Started with a folding bench and set of powerblock pro adjustable dumbbells. Then I added a cheap Bowflex Blaze (modded - replaced all the old worn out resistance rods with cheap delrin rods from mcmaster and added 100# extra resistance to bring max resistance to 310#). Now I have a cheap bench rack with 300# of bumper plates and urethane coated plates (humidity is a killer on cast iron plates down here)

Next plan is to eliminate the bowflex and bench, and install a power-rack cage with adjustable high-low cable pulley system.

CANtalk

Nice to hear what others are doing.

My MTB trail exercise is still feast or famine & I'm still hoping to balance that out better. We have a short outdoor season here & I hate taking breaks. Felt really run down this week, but seem to be doing better now.

Today I got out for ~18 miles & the top two difficult trails again 👍. I didn't feel very good or strong, but I matched my personal best :luv: :bowdown: on going the furthest on the cardio killer trail before having to stop to catch my breath. That was the only rest stop again. And overall, today was a more enjoyable & relaxing pace, I was only ~5 minutes slower in a near 2 hr trip. I got out in some nice sunny weather & now it's clouded over :).

After the trip, I again combined the runners high with a nice strong sativa in the vape :clap:. Low temp vaping Durban Poison is great this way, here's my batch & an ~3g nug, enjoy
bxzjcvaeh6ja1.jpg

Have a great weekend

Last edited:

CANtalk

Everyone's quiet here, what's new?

I've been out for a few more MTB trips since the last post. And today was a momentous MTB ride, as for the first time ever I was able to ride the local cardio killer trail without stopping :love::clap::rockon:. It's taken ~5 years and more than a few thousand miles achieve this milestone. Only in the last three years did I think completing this trail without stopping was even possible :o.

After that highlight, next I took the #2 difficult trail in the area (back to back with the cardio killer) and finished the last half of the ride feeling great. Every ride I switch up the trails & the direction.

Last weekend I also buckled down & cleaned up the MTB, plus a minor mid-season tune up. I put in some new rear disc brake pads, adjusted the front suspension plus rear derailleur and a did few other minor adjustments. I also was able to finally track down an elusive rattle on the bike over the last month & it's back to deadly silent :ninja:.

Weather has been hot but great & I hope to get out soon again, cheers.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
not much new for me ... start the day with calisthenics - 3x20 hanging knee lift and dips, followed by nordic track skier for 30 minutes of aerobics, then some resistance training on the Bowflex (xtreme 2) 1x20 for eight exercises - sometimes 2x20, ending the day with 1x50 pushups, situps and squats ... same old, same old. total about 60 minutes a day, 5 days a week. although i skip a day or two depending on how this 75 year old body feels.

mornings after the aerobics sitting on the balcony, enjoying some cinderella 99 vapor and watching the turtles on the tree that fell into the river about a year ago, fish jumping, and sometimes an eagle hunting for fish. my meditation moment.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I started my ride today with plans to go 6 to 8 miles. The dark skies made me hurry, but the lightning strikes on the horizon made me turn around. Only got in 3 miles.
Hahaha, yeah it's the rainy season here and I can't tell you how many days I look at the radar, look at the clouds and think to myself "I can make it to the post office and back before I get wet"

Yeah I get wet ever.damn.time :lol:

Oh well, I'd rather be out on a bicycle than stuck in an office watching the rain through a window.

Knewt

Hahaha, yeah it's the rainy season here and I can't tell you how many days I look at the radar, look at the clouds and think to myself "I can make it to the post office and back before I get wet"

Yeah I get wet ever.damn.time :lol:

Oh well, I'd rather be out on a bicycle than stuck in an office watching the rain through a window.
I have had many wet moments on my bikes. All most all are ones I don’t want to repeat. Yet I still put myself in those situations.

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Wow, guess it's been a while - I've been busy, out and about, but running nonetheless - did a nice 15k loop in 1h 18m (5:11/km) last weekend, delayed by some heavy morning rain, but it cleared up just before noon. Followed that up with a quicker 6k yesterday (4:47/km). Getting out 2-3 times a week lately, trying to get in extra runs during the work week is a challenge.

CANtalk

A new ~1 hr 45 min freeride MTB documentary available for free streaming over the next ~20 hrs , enjoy!

More info here,

CANtalk,

CANtalk

Last I checked, that shared is still working 🌠

And I'm still getting out 👍 & have done three MTB trips since I last shared a ride :clap:. They included the top two difficult trails in the area & I completed the cardio killer trail without stopping in all three rides as well:bowdown:. Overall, it's been excellent & super enjoyable to get out on the local trails this season & a beautiful summer. I continue to dodge smoke & wet weather. For over a week now, I've been getting out on the MTB every second day. The pace feels more sustainable though I don't know how long I'll stick with it. With the lower pace, I've upped the mileage, including a ~24 mile trip today 🚵‍♂️. It's a holiday Monday & there have been lots of people out enjoying the weather & day off, been great :tup:

After the trip, I vaped some Hawaiian Snow, a full sativa, & feel great :smug:. Here's my batch, enjoy
p0pdwn2z439a1.jpg

A nice cannabis & runners combo high ⭐

Anyone else getting out? Enjoy the outdoor exercise & cheers y'all

CANtalk,
Top Bottom