• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Rick

Zapman
We first found this site in February 09 through a google search on Myrtlezap. Our product was mentioned on the Purple Days page by Tom, the inventor of PD. We had never heard of the PD but we did have an online experience with Tom that lasted several months. We decided to stay out of this forum at that time.

A few weeks ago, a customer known as Madcap Laughed on this forum posted a Myrtlezap that he had just received from us. We do not separate "the kind" from "the regs" so people get whatever I grab. It was an extra nice piece, A "light" with lots of swirlies. They have an official name, I'm sure, but I don't have it right now. That thread generated lots of discussion about Myrtlezap and other related subjects. It also generated some extra sales and we appreciate that.

The purpose of this new topic is to have one that starts with myself and my wife of 43 years, Pat. We are the "inventors" of Aromazap which began in 2001. We had purchased an Eterra online. We liked it and a friend wanted one so we tried to buy another. There was very minimal communication from the Eterra people and the price had gone up about 50%. So I bought one for my friend and another for me to examine. Pat did it. She said "I'll bet you can make one of those".....A good woman for sure.

The rest is a long story that I will gladly continue here as time goes by if there is any interest. The bottom line is we are still here after a whole lot of Aromazaps down the road. We have done zero advertising or online chatting for many years. Nothing until Madcap Laughed posted his new Myrtlezap on this forum.

Tom, the inventor of PD did introduce us to Myrtlewood in late 2007. We are/were very appreciative of that.

I immediately thought.............name......url ..........and Myrtlezap happened in early 2008 as an upscale version of our standard softwood Aromazap which had carried us for over eight years. In January 2009 I began turning all Aromazaps/Myrtlezaps on the lathe. A regular trip to Harbor Freight caught me off guard and I bought a small lathe. I checked my time on the old square version versus turned and it was close. It was a no brainer from there to turn everything.

Aromazap is/was because we wanted another use for it. We had re-designed the heatport or heat exchanger from the beginning and just wanted it to have another use while on the table or mantle or sink or desk or whatever. So we came up with the Aroma flower cup. Even with a dragonfly! That took alot of trial and error. That part is done 100% by Pat. She designed it and makes every part of it that is made by a human. We also feel it is important in the overall picture of our product. That is why we put it first in the original name, Aromazap.

Yes, you can say I'm going for it by starting this thread. Fine with me. Lets talk about whatever you want related to Aromazap/Myrtlezap and us. I will not deny this is self-serving nor will I deny I do this for a living. I'm just a guy that lucked out years ago and kept on. Our website is the only place to get an Aromazap/Myrtlezap. The two of us are it.

Thanks for listening.

Rick and Pat

www.Aromazap.com
www.Myrtlezap.com

Beezleb

I look forward to your continued general information and wish lots of luck and success. It certainly is a beautiful vaporizer whose attributes appeal to many vapist. Congratulations.

Beezleb,

NoSmoke

That's sucks that you feel that way.... Why do you think Tom is the king of the forum? I own a PD, and yes I will go ahead and say it, it is not the best vape I own. Its an awesome vape but, some people just need to settle with the whole defensive stance of the PD its annoying. Sorry.

NoSmoke,

lwien

Aw Rick, quit being such a baby and stick around for a bit. EVERY site has their favorite vapes. This site, it's the PD. StonerForums, it's anything made by 7th Floor (DBV, SSV). GrassCity, its the VaporBros. It's just kinda the way things are. Once a particular vape builds up a fan base, that's what happens.

But that surely doesn't mean that your presence here is not appreciated. There is no reason in hell that your presence here and Toms can't co-exist, and co-exist WITHOUT any conflict happening between either one of you. For sure, there will be battles within each camp as to which is the better vape, but that sure as hell doesn't mean that the owners of said companies cannot stand above the fray.

But, if you do decide to leave, I, as well as I am sure many other PD owners will wish you the best.

lwien,

spyder

Stick Around.... You are cheaper and it's Available... It's a BUYER'S market

spyder,

lwien

spyder said:
Stick Around.... You are cheaper and it's Available... It's a BUYER'S market
Yeah, I'd like to see him stick around too, but this saying kinda fits here perfectly.

"If ya can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen" !!

lwien,

lwien

thevapedcrusader said:
lwien said:
EVERY site has their favorite vapes. This site, it's the PD.
when was this decision made? was there a vote? :|
No votes need to be taken. Every site DOES have their favorite vapes, including this one and I think if you really look at it thru the eyes of a brand new member who's spent a bit of time here, it will become obvious. FC really tries hard to combat this, more so than any other site that I have seen out there, but it exists here nonetheless.

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
I think some people are forgetting the fine print at the top of every page (it IS a little too 'fine' for some screen resolutions and older eyes). It says "there is no best vaporizer". There's only 'the best' for a particular person's wants and needs. I don't mind saying the PD is usually the best vape for me, but when I decide I want some big hits it gets shoved to the side.

As far as the PD being the favorite vape of this forum, well, you'd have to have an election and count the votes. And if it won, so what? Next week or next month it might lose, depending on who was around to vote. People come and go on forums, as evidenced by our current 933 membership total.

And anyone who says you can't criticize the PD or any other vape on this forum is full of it. The PD doesn't get much criticism because there's not much to criticize. Obviously it doesn't provide bong like hits or cool off the vapor much, thus the mods that add a bong or tubing for bigger hits or cooler vapor. The vapes that get the bulk of the praise on this forum are the same ones praised on other forums for the most part. That's because they're good quality and people like 'em. Even the Volcano, which doesn't get as much good press here as on some other forums, gets no slams for performance, just fewer votes as far as being 'worth the money'.

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Absolutely wrong.

max said it. The point of this forum is to provide a place for the sharing of accurate and unbiased information on all the vapes out there so people can make an informed decision. Good vapes tend get the most praise. Simple.

Rick, I'm sorry you feel that way. Please, let your product speak for itself. This IS the Official Aromazap thread after all. Let's keep this imagined feud out of it, please.

:goon:

vtac,

lwien

vtac said:
Absolutely wrong.

max said it. The point of this forum is to provide a place for the sharing of accurate and unbiased information on all the vapes out there so people can make an informed decision. Good vapes tend get the most praise. Simple.
I don't think I'm absolutely wrong, Vtac. I totally realize that it is not the intent of FC to endorse any one particular vape, and you guys go out of your way to keep the playing field as level as it can be. I was NOT implying that FC is endorsing the PD as it's favorite vape. What I was saying is that, according to the users here, which IS this site, it seems like the PD is the vape that gets the highest praise and gets defended the most. And it's obvious that the reason that this is so is because it is a good vape. That isn't wrong. It's just the way it is.

lwien,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Please, I just asked to stop with the PD 'feud/favorites' derail bullshit.

Further such posts will be removed from this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation. :)

vtac,

Steve1208

Rick, would you please consider posting some of these reviews of the Myrtlezap? I'm currently leaning towards getting it (the choice is between the MZ and the Launch Box), but I know that I would feel more comfortable about getting if I read about some more experiences with it than the two reviews in the other MZ thread, and I'm sure there's many who feel the same.

Steve1208,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
one of my coworkers is totally interested in the myrtlezap.... his interest in it has caused my interest to rise as well, I'm pretty sure he is going to get it in the near future, so I am looking forward to trying it out.

DevoTheStrange,

Plasmah

Hey Rick... Post the info man. How can you deny us the goods? :D

I currently own a Vapor Brothers, Vapor Genie & Soon to come in the mail Launch Box.
I will be making one last purchase for one more vaporizer and I'm really looking at your unit.

Please post the video's

Thanks

Plasmah,

Madcap Laughed

im going to get an aromazap next week for my girlfriends birthday coming up. she loves mine and always says how she wants one of her own. i'll get her an aromazap to hold her over til we get a place together, then we'll use the myrtlezap anyway!

Madcap Laughed,
Reactions: pomogirl

Madcap Laughed

Rick, small myrtlezap question! i piece of herb material fell onto the heating element, and got stuck onto it. so i tried to get it out with tweezers and i think i pushed it and the piece fell into one of the holes. is it ok? i shook it upside down again and maybe it fell out, or maybe its stuck between those holes in the heating element! is it safe to turn the myrtlezap upside down and pat the felt bottom while i shake it to try and get whatever fell in out, or could that loosen something internally?

Madcap Laughed,
Reactions: pomogirl

Rick

Zapman
OK, here is just one I got recently. I will copy/paste it from Email but I will delete any reference to any other vape maker and who sent it to me.

Thanks Rick - definitely enjoying it...
I have a friendship and loyalty to.......... so you'll understand that I'll "lay low" regarding praising your vape on FC but I'm glad I bought it.
I would say from two sessions with it that it's possible that the hits are a little stronger with your unit but the hits are more "refined" with the.........- either or, they're both great units.
Also for whatever reason, it's easier to blow out the duff from the tube with your unit than the........... - it doesn't stick to the screen.
Anyway good luck and thanks for writing back.

and...........
I received the new Myrtlezap and it looks and works great. The round shape fits much better in my arthritic hands. That's a big improvement.

Hope you continue to have success and the farm has a good year.
and....
that's exciting. everyone i introduce to the vaporizer is impressed. you've got quite a novelty item.
and........
Hi Zapman - how much do you charge for just the myrtlezap base unit? I'm an old customer and my original zap finally bit the dust after over 6 years of use. Thanks.

I can find lots of stuff like this, especially if I go to my old AOL Email account(ugh) but my point is, how does anybody know if it is true? The internet is full of liars and phony people. That is why I traditionally have never done "testimonials".

The bottom line as I have said before, is that we still sell a decent amount of Zaps every week after being in business since 2001. Zero advertising of any kind for several years. So why do people keep coming back? The product price and customer service. That is "goodwill" or "blue sky". It is an intangible asset on business balance sheets but can make or break a company.

Once again, apologies are in order. I will not mention another product or maker of such product on this thread. Any such information will be only via private Email, if at all.

Thanks all for the comments. I can take lots of heat if need be. Does not bother me at all. That is why we still do the customer service part of the business along with all the rest. I just have a very limited amount of time to spend doing this. As I mentioned somewhere we also have a small certified Organic Farm which takes lots of time and energy, especially this time of the year.

Madcap, shoot the heatport with some compressed air, that should do it. I am a bit confused though as there should be a small stainless screen in the heatport tube which will keep stuff from falling down into the heater area.

Thanks again all

Rick

Rick,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Rick...off topic here, but is there anywhere on the internet I can find out about your farm or similar farms? I just started the book 'In Defense of Food', which is very good and has me thinking about the organic stuff for the first time.

Thanks!

stickstones,

Beezleb

Thanks for the reviews.

I think most people take a single view only so far but seeing multiple views that generally say the same thing can help. People can judge for themselves if its fake or not.

Sticks, check and see if your area has a local co-op. Its one great way to get good organic and hard to find items.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom