• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Gunky

I still use a Rockzap every day. It has been running continuously for several years. For a while there I was using a glass Vapor Genie a lot because you can vape a lot quickly, my tolerance is pretty high and I was dealing with some pain but recently I have returned to the Rockzap almost exclusively. The flavor is really wonderful. If you have potent stuff it works great.

Lusi

Does anyone still have the charging cable for this? I can't find mine, now what volts or amps the cable needs to be. Any help appreciated. I'd like to revive my old zap as a diffuser, if I can find the top too. L

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Does anyone still have the charging cable for this? I can't find mine, now what volts or amps the cable needs to be. Any help appreciated. I'd like to revive my old zap as a diffuser, if I can find the top too. L

Since Rick and Pat retired the business we've been offering what support we can (warranty or otherwise) for Zap users, including power supplies, rebuilds, etc.

You can find compatible power supplies and possibly a fitting aroma cup on our website at www.underdogvapes.com , if you need help you can message Underdogette here on FC or contact her through the site.

Alternatively you can use any 12v power supply that is rated at 1000ma (or 1A) or higher. It'll need to have a 2.1mm x 5x5mm but this is the most common 12v plug size so should be easy to find. If it doesn't list the tip size and it's 12v it's usually (keyword: usually) 2.1mm

Please let us know if you need any other help. :tup:

Lusi

Thank you for your help!

Since Rick and Pat retired the business we've been offering what support we can (warranty or otherwise) for Zap users, including power supplies, rebuilds, etc.

You can find compatible power supplies and possibly a fitting aroma cup on our website at www.underdogvapes.com , if you need help you can message Underdogette here on FC or contact her through the site.

Alternatively you can use any 12v power supply that is rated at 1000ma (or 1A) or higher. It'll need to have a 2.1mm x 5x5mm but this is the most common 12v plug size so should be easy to find. If it doesn't list the tip size and it's 12v it's usually (keyword: usually) 2.1mm

Please let us know if you need any other help. :tup:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired

This is my CRZ which I love and still use at least once a week.
As much of a fan as I am of the Underdog and Heat Island - they are both fantastic log vapes - they are really very different than these and the PD; arguably not better just different.
So my question is, if somebody wanted to buy a vape that is closest in experience and throat hit to the CRZ, are the UD and HI the two best and only options? Doesn't have to be wood...

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
This is my CRZ which I love and still use at least once a week.
As much of a fan as I am of the Underdog and Heat Island - they are both fantastic log vapes - they are really very different than these and the PD; arguably not better just different.
So my question is, if somebody wanted to buy a vape that is closest in experience and throat hit to the CRZ, are the UD and HI the two best and only options? Doesn't have to be wood...
I would say (Aye... wood say) that the two units you mention are the closest to the CRZ,
UD being the closer.

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
Happy New Year everyone!

@Rick and Pat I hope you guys are doing great, are buttoned up for the winter and that 2017 treats you two well!

Same for the rest of you Zapsters out there as well, happy New Year and hope you all have a great 2017. :peace:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Question - one of FC's resident glass accessory creators may be interested in making a stem for the CRZ, as per my inquiry. He doesn't know the dimensions and neither do I. If anyone knows this info I'd really appreciate if it was posted. Thanks...

underdog

Manufacturer
Question - one of FC's resident glass accessory creators may be interested in making a stem for the CRZ, as per my inquiry. He doesn't know the dimensions and neither do I. If anyone knows this info I'd really appreciate if it was posted. Thanks...

I don't think it was ever posted so I just took some calipers to a CRZ core that Rick gave me from their very last batch after they were shut down. I can't say for certain but I believe all the CRZs will have these same dimensions, my other couple built out ones seem to match.

CRZ Heater Port Dimensions:

- OD .5" (12.7mm)
- ID .333" (8.46mm) (11/32")

Hope that helps! If not or you need more/different info just let me know and I'll try and get it for you. :tup:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I don't think it was ever posted so I just took some calipers to a CRZ core that Rick gave me from their very last batch after they were shut down. I can't say for certain but I believe all the CRZs will have these same dimensions, my other couple built out ones seem to match.

CRZ Heater Port Dimensions:

- OD .5" (12.7mm)
- ID .333" (8.46mm) (11/32")

Hope that helps! If not or you need more/different info just let me know and I'll try and get it for you. :tup:

thank you!

Rick

Zapman
The glass stems were simple once the SS stem tip installation was copied from somewhere out there. A piece of silicone tubing over the back end of the tip with the end of the tubing hanging maybe 1/16" over the back end. Then a drop or two of water on the silicone and gently push into the glass stem. Glass stem needs an ID that will allow the tip/silicone tubing to be inserted with resistance and a bit of difficulty so it will stay in place and seal properly. As I recall, we did have to play with the glass inner diameter before we got the right interference fit.

We have been using UDs since the ISP closed us down 4 1/2 years ago. Something about Aromazap that we just want to leave in the past. That chapter is over now and long gone. Good lord, almost 5 years ago!

Life is good here even though this has been the toughest winter we have had in many years. Lots of snow and continued cold. Day time temps in the mid 30s have just begun. Now it is an ice world out there. The outside world is fine but our place and 1/2 mile of road in is over an inch of ice. Good thing we are hermits.

Pat got her new knee around the first of Oct and is doing very good with it.

Not sure on farm status this year. We lost a couple greenhouses to heavy snow and still cannot get up to see them.........at our age anyway. Too much snow.

Once again a big thank you to the voters of Washington legalizing recreational cannabis in 2012. We are having an enjoyable 'retired life'. North Idaho is a neat place to live. Just ignore the politics and breathe the clean air while chasing Elk and wild turkeys away from the cows hay.

Still having fun. That works much better than bitching about the aches and pains that come from 70+ years, especially when you have abused your body for 50 years.

Vitolo

Vaporist
IMG_0520.jpg

Mabel used to be Orange, but 2 years in impound let it's color mellow into wood tone!
Now to get the Zaps and other logs back in place!
IMG_0547.jpg

Almost done, and very happy to have the family at home.
DSC05081.jpg

Done!

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Photobucket has made it so all links are no longer good......
this means they are charging 399 a year if you want images hosted.
This thread is dear to me.. and now all images are blank.
If anyone wants to see the album about Zaps, you can view it here:
http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/VitoloVaporizes/library/RockZap
Most rockZap images will be visible there....
as well as earlier images of Zaps

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
In so many ways the CRZs were the perfect realization of log vapes and while the new logs are fantastic in their own right (UD, HI, etc.) they are different and I am so glad that I bought my black locust CRZ when it was available. Glad to hear you're doing well Rick.

Vitolo

Vaporist
imgur.com is what my kid's use!
That is what the web's general population said about photobucket when
ImageShack started charging:
Premium* ImageShack accounts will not be affected in any way. You will continue to be able to use your ImageShack account, and all images will be served to your pages.
Any free accounts (non-premium) will no longer deliver images to any sites, blogs or forums. This change will be implemented by November 1st, 2015. If you have a free account, have images that are linked to any sites, blogs or forums and want to continue to have images delivered to those pages, please convert to premium* account here:....
And so we went to photobucket.
I can not be so naive to think that if I spend another 4-8 hours up[loading and reloading images (not that I will be able to fix all of my posts anyway...) that Imgur will not start charging this year?
There is already talk of Imgur charging for 3rd Party content (posting on forums) beginning in 2018.... and TinyPic had their first meetings in March, about keeping hosting free, but charging a "minimal cost" to allow posting on forums.
In so many ways the CRZs were the perfect realization of log vapes and while the new logs are fantastic in their own right (UD, HI, etc.) they are different and I am so glad that I bought my black locust CRZ when it was available. Glad to hear you're doing well Rick.
No kidding... "Mabel Retro Rockzap" still kicks ass, without bothering to take names!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That is what the web's general population said about photobucket when
ImageShack started charging:
Premium* ImageShack accounts will not be affected in any way. You will continue to be able to use your ImageShack account, and all images will be served to your pages.
Any free accounts (non-premium) will no longer deliver images to any sites, blogs or forums. This change will be implemented by November 1st, 2015. If you have a free account, have images that are linked to any sites, blogs or forums and want to continue to have images delivered to those pages, please convert to premium* account here:....
And so we went to photobucket.
I can not be so naive to think that if I spend another 4-8 hours up[loading and reloading images (not that I will be able to fix all of my posts anyway...) that Imgur will not start charging this year?
There is already talk of Imgur charging for 3rd Party content (posting on forums) beginning in 2018.... and TinyPic had their first meetings in March, about keeping hosting free, but charging a "minimal cost" to allow posting on forums.

No kidding... "Mabel Retro Rockzap" still kicks ass, without bothering to take names!
I'll ask the kids what is free?

For less than $25 you can build a decent vaporizer? (just saying!)

Young kids of today have a higher IQ than those who came before them!

Vitolo

Vaporist
Young kids of today have a higher IQ than those who came before them!
True.
However it is projected that there will be no free third party posting by the end of 2018.
I am OK now....
Vapor Trail Forum allows members to "attach " and upload images directly, and then... said members can copy and paste their images from Vapor Trail to FC. (free web hosting until they start charging to keep Vapor Trail Open!!!)

Rick

Zapman
Dropping in to say "Hi" to all.
We love to hear about Aromazap in all the different forms are still making vapor and in peoples memories. As Vito knows, Aromazap is only a memory for us. The last chapter made us want to leave it forever. Vito offered us any or all Zaps in his collection after they were returned to him and Patty by the authorities. I declined because it just works better for us that way. Not denial....just "good by Zapville". We use UDs now.

We are doing great. Way better than last year. Pats new knee is super. She is like the Bionic woman, walking up and down hills picking flowers, planting lettuce, weeding and all the other stuff she does. Raspberries and strawberries are doing and have done very good this year. Lots of jam and frozen berries put up. Wine working. 5 raspberry cheesecakes in less than 2 weeks with nary a crumb left. We both are doing good. We have refined our farm offerings to lighten the load and that is working good. We also had some timber taken off the place that had not been touched for close to 40 years and looks super now that our forest is getting some light.

Still having so much fun. Follow the dream. It works.

KarmaV

I have an old Aromazap that has quit working. Power to the unit (green light is on) but no heat. I have dissembled and am confident on doing a repair if problem can be diagnosed and part(s) can be obtained. Any ideas? To the Underdog folks, yes I am the same person who emailed you with this question. Thanks.

underdog

Manufacturer
I have an old Aromazap that has quit working. Power to the unit (green light is on) but no heat. I have dissembled and am confident on doing a repair if problem can be diagnosed and part(s) can be obtained. Any ideas? To the Underdog folks, yes I am the same person who emailed you with this question. Thanks.

Yes very easy to repair, you'll want to replace the resistor (heating element) and, if possible, the attached wires that go from the back of the plug to the resistor.

The resistor is a 25 series (5 watt) Ohmite, with original/stock part being a 20ohm one. If you want a hotter running one (at the same/original 12v voltage) you can go with an 18ohm one. I'll put links to both below. If you do decide to replace the wire as well you'd be best off with bare tinned copper wire from 18ga to 24ga.. I'll link to some of that too. Oh also you'll need lead-free solder if you don't already have some, I'll link to that as well.

20ohm resistor - https://www.mouser.com/productdetail/ohmite/25j20re?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtlubZbdhIBINszG3l7tPnae3u1ISAGpC0=

18ohm resistor - https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Ohmite/25J18RE?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtbXrIkmrvidAZL/91D3ef3ei/Oew1PRds=

24ga tinned copper bus (bare) wire - https://smile.amazon.com/Jameco-Valuepro-3819-100-Hook-up-Tinned-Copper/dp/B00B8866TW

Lead free solder (tin/silver/copper) - https://smile.amazon.com/Sywon-Solder-Rosin-Electric-Soldering/dp/B01HA7XLP6

Enjoy! Let me know if you need anything else. :cheers:

Top Bottom