Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

the ob

all good in the hood.
rick,
I guess ZERO is extreme.... Just wanted to make sure they are safe to leave on. I am really excited about my zap. I like the sound of "true classic" I cannot wait to get it. thanks for looking out for me.

the ob,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
A good portion of us have had our zaps for months (if not years) and have only unplugged them to switch from 12 to 13.5 and vise versa. No worries here bud :)

AGBeer,

reece

Rick said:
Rest of the physical came out great except I need to lose a few pounds.
Hmm. Would you say you are heavier now after ten years of using Zaps? Hmm. Lead is a "heavy" metal, isn't it? Hmm. Interesting.

reece,

aero18

vaporist
Wow... the 13 volt really does knock you down. Gonna go back to writing some papers... :lol:

aero18,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Rick said:
Rest of the physical came out great except I need to lose a few pounds.
Seems that goes for about everyone I know, so don't feel bad...

Glad to hear everything's going well in Zapville, Rick! I'm still lovin' my Zap. Almost 6 months now...

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
reece said:
Hmm. Would you say you are heavier now after ten years of using Zaps? Hmm. Lead is a "heavy" metal, isn't it? Hmm. Interesting.
You must be thinking of Lead Zeppelin, the fathers of heavy metal...

MoeOnTheMoon,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Received the birthday present that I ordered from Rick today. Not that I would expect anything different, but it is really nice. This one also has an interesting grain pattern; sort of looks like a lit joint to me. :D It has wonderful whorls; almost looks like sunlight coming through blinds. So nice.

Also received a length of tubing from Rick with this one; one for the order and one for me. I, of course, went up right away and tried it out on my Zap. It's a great addition . Not only are the hits much cooler, the air flow is dramatically better.

So, here's a pic of the newest Zap in my family. It's a beauty. :love:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes
Mom,

I think it looks like a guy from the "Wish You Were Here" album cover with flames coming off his head. Looks like he has his hands in his pockets. :D

Howie Feltersnatch,

the ob

all good in the hood.
mom,
nice zap and nice pic. looks great. everyone needs a couple of them in the family.

does the tubing attach to the end of the vapor tube? curious how that works.

the ob,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Yes, the stem goes into the Zap, as usual, and the tubing attaches to the end of the stem that you usually draw from. The only thing I would like to see is some sort of mouthpiece for it. In emailing Rick, Pat told me she uses the plain white part of a stem for a mouthpiece. For me, I'd like to see something in glass. We'll see what transpires. :)

Howie, I just saw the guy. It looks like he's looking off to the left. How cool...

This is way more cool than finding shapes in the clouds.. ;)

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
^^^^
mom,
I am just really looking forward to the glass stems. I am going to be all over those.

the ob,

aero18

vaporist
Rick, do you have any kids that are gonna carry on the family business?

EDIT:

Also, Rick, can you replace the plastic ring with a refined brass one?

Oh, and can you have the option of having a model with a brass logo instead of the LED? Just imagine if there was a metal that would change color with heat... :o

aero18,

the ob

all good in the hood.
my zap is in the process of being delivered. should be here monday. pics to follow. rick said it was a unique one.

the ob,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Looking forward to seeing your new MZ ob. :tup:

Mine is a month old now. It's running a little warmer with age (as most of us older gals do) and has darkened a bit so that the grain really stands out. Looking forward to seeing the next one I've ordered.

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
rick said that mine was similar to only a few he has done before. I will be interested to see what that means. :o I hate no mail on sunday.......:mad:

the ob,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
There sure have been some beauties in the past. I go back to the beginning of this thread and see some of the pictures posted and just drool. I know Reece got a real nice one and there have been several others. Frankly, I think they're all pretty nice.

The Zap I just posted (the b-day present) was one of Rick's reg's, if I'm not mistaken. I've heard from the birthday boy that it runs just fine on the 12v and too hot on the 13.5. which I find interesting. Mine might be running cooler because the outlet it is on is on a circuit that feeds a lot of the rest of the house. I don't know....it's all beyond me. In any case, those of you buying a new one might find that the 13.5 wasn't necessary after all or runs hotter than you like. But, better safe than sorry, I say.

I'm looking forward to seeing what my next Zap is going to look like too. I'm not in a hurry because I want to check out the glass at the same time, but all the same, the anticipation is fun.

momofthegoons,

collegerower

Mom,

I wonder if it has something to do with the new heatoport? Have you used it, and if so did you notice any difference?

collegerower,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
No, I didn't use it; we used mine for the "lesson" on stem packing, etc., and birthday boy left with a big smile on his face. ;) I am planning on asking Rick if it's the new design, but I think it might have been the old since he was waiting for washers. It didn't matter to me one way or the other. The next one I have coming will definitely be the new version, however.

On another note, how did you get the little Zap for your signature? I would love to add one of those and a launch box to mine, but haven't been able to figure out how.

momofthegoons,

collegerower

Just copy and paste this into your sig. in your account info page (delete the X):

[Ximg]http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/myrtlezap/mz-3.gif[/img]

Edit, also I think Rick is using the new design, except with washers from a store instead of custom designed washers.

collegerower,

the ob

all good in the hood.
waiting for a package is excruciating and fun at the same time. I did end up ordering a 13.5 but feel as though I might be one of those people who might not actually end up using it that much. oh well, better safe then sorry, and it was so cheap. I wonder if it might speed up the heat up time when the zap has not been plugged in?

I was going to steal the zap pic but it does not line up correctly. I would like the magic flight box one too and then I would just list pics of them.

the ob,
Top Bottom