Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Vitolo

Vaporist
The stem in that image will only fit new CRZs and not original Zaps

DSC02752_2.jpg

These simple pieces can be used. They are the pieces that Rick used to put into the nylon stem.
Although Ed's TNT no longer is making Zap stems.. he may be able to provide these.. and you can design your own.
Alan also may sell/provide this part as may Dave.

Last edited:

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Time for some news, bad news.
The State of Idaho has filed a civil suit to take our property which includes our families two houses and two shops. This was done last Friday, 2 business days before their deadline and we did not find out til yesterday. This is being done for making Aromazap only as we do not grow or sell pot, a fact which LEO confirmed when they invaded our property for six hours on 7/25/12.
We will be talking with our lawyer today after he does some poking around at the courthouse.
I had thought this might go away after waiting 90 days, their time limit to file anything related to our property.
But I was wrong and Pat was right. They are not nice in any way. They see those of us who use MJ as bad people, period. Try to take a families house and land for making a log vape.

This story is just beginning. We do have an excellent lawyer who will fight hard for us. He is fighting for us in the big war, the war on drugs. The war that makes alot of jobs for alot of people hurting US citizens who do not hurt anybody. Hell, if you are old, they will not hurt you. They will just take your home away, your home for over 30 years.

Game on. We may ask for some help from this community. Ricky cried hard last night.

Damn! I haven't been here for a long time due to being busy with other aspects of life...
But a friend asked me "What's the best vape?" so I thought I'd turn him on to this thread and to the Myrtlezap site.

Well when I went to the site I saw it was closed and figured an explanation might be found here.

Rick, this news disgusts and angers me!
It's fucking RIDICULOUS, it's INSANE, it's a crying SHAME!
I really feel for you.
I didn't have time to read through all the threads since you posted the above, but if there is a Defense Fund for you I hope someone will post it in response to this. And if there isn't a defense fund for you, there should be! You have given so much to this community and to the world, you are a kind and decent man, an honorable and charitable man, a creative and caring man! How something like this could happen to you just makes no fucking sense!

But this is the world we live in, run by morons and greed mongers, war makers and people exploiters.

Anyway, I just wanted to say if you do read this thread, that I am sure everyone in this thread has you in their thoughts and hopes this wrong that has been done to you can somehow be undone.

Best of luck to you, my friend! Good bless you!

Rick

Zapman
Nice vid as always Vito. Thanks for that.
Moe, thank you for the encouragement and support as you have always done.

As most of you know or can guess, our life has been totally void of Aromazap since 7/25/12. The invasion of our property that day ended the business of AZ and any possession of an AZ here. It is tough to close out all those good years but what is, is. We are doing good on the farm with our main season closing rapidly which gives us some time to put some winter food away for our family. It has been all sales since before June so the change is nice.

Legally, we are facing two suits by the State of Idaho. One was in criminal court for possession of over 3 oz of MJ and manufacturing paraphernalia, 2 charges, both felonies. The second suit is in Civil court for our land and houses(for manufacturing AZ). We finally found out that much delay and non communication in the civil matter was due to double jeopardy and my right to not testifying against myself. This has come up often in drug/property forfeiture cases. Long story short, they(civil) did not want to talk til the criminal case was resolved. And hey, after all, taking your property is not punishment, it is a fine!

Today we resolved the criminal case. I plead guilty to possession of over 3 oz. Manufacturing charge dropped. The deal calls for no jail time and a small "restitution", withheld judgement, etc. There is determinate penitentiary time which is supposed to be all suspended. Sentencing is in a month and a half or so.

For those who do not know, the judge can change anything and does not have to go along with anything. They normally do not change the deal. I have plenty of positive energy about it all and can deal with whatever comes down the pike. I also have a basically clean record for my entire life.

Just want to keep you all informed. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. We miss you all. I gotta say we miss someone alot.
Rick

JESUSgotNAILED

Best of luck going forward Rick. I think of you guys almost everytime I use my pretty Redwood Zap, and I am very appreciative of the fact that I was able to get such a quality product from you before all the BS. Good vibes sent!

Take care guys.

tedbell

Rick, I just went to your site and found it was closed and just felt compelled post here -

I am so sorry to hear what happened to you and that you are not making zaps anymore. I have had three over the years and still use the newest one. You were always the nicest, most generous person to do business with. Thank you for a great product and your service! I hope that you have a very prosperous future!

Outlaw Farmer

Stealth Mode Engaged
Crap. Closed down still, eh? Suck arse!!

They probably passed a group of underage prosties and a meth-house to get to your crib.

Its'a FELONY to make paraphernalia there!! Ok, that sounds like Horseshit at a-glance. Is like when we dumped the 1 dropper of LSD in the sugar jar during a bust and we got charged for 5lbs of product. I am totally interested to see how this plays out.

I need to re-check my local codes, I may be a bigger Outlaw then even I previously thought!!

Hope You fight, hope You win, hope you set a national precedence.

Outlaw Farmer,
Reactions: Vitolo

JESUSgotNAILED

Unfortunately, my Redwood isn't running as hot as it should. What I did last time when this happened was I switched out the power cord with another I had bought from Rick for a backup (when I bought my zap). Now that backup seems like it's on its way out.

How can I get another power cord/unit? Check the specs and try to find another? Where would one search for it online? Thanks!!

JESUSgotNAILED,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Can anyone remember the retail price of the Zap bubbler and stand? Someone is interested in purchasing mine but I want to make sure I give them a fair price. Any help would be appreciated.

Gonzo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
For a short time toward the end, Rick was using slightly higher output transformers.
They ran a TINY bit hotter, but they also had stiffer wire which caused them to short out pretty fast.
The one you are ordering is the original, softer wire, and longer lasting.

Vitolo,
Reactions: SD_haze

JESUSgotNAILED

For a short time toward the end, Rick was using slightly higher output transformers.
They ran a TINY bit hotter, but they also had stiffer wire which caused them to short out pretty fast.
The one you are ordering is the original, softer wire, and longer lasting.

That's the problem... they short out quick. Alright 16.5W it is. Thanks a million Vito.

JESUSgotNAILED,

Gunky

Usually the breakage is in the wire which goes between the transformer and the vaporizer. We are constantly flexing this wire as we use the device. Try to set things up such that the wire remains relatively straight. There is a type of plastic coil sometimes used to bundle wires or organize cabling on a bicycle, for example. Spiral cable wrap, or something like that. It can help keep the wire from the adapter straight. Some wrap the wire with tape. You can also sometimes salvage the adapter by splicing the old wire to a new one - Rick used to sell a little kit that allowed you to do it without soldering. One of the other makers may have a similar kit to reuse the transformer.

Gunky,

JESUSgotNAILED

Usually the breakage is in the wire which goes between the transformer and the vaporizer. We are constantly flexing this wire as we use the device. Try to set things up such that the wire remains relatively straight. There is a type of plastic coil sometimes used to bundle wires or organize cabling on a bicycle, for example. Spiral cable wrap, or something like that. It can help keep the wire from the adapter straight. Some wrap the wire with tape. You can also sometimes salvage the adapter by splicing the old wire to a new one - Rick used to sell a little kit that allowed you to do it without soldering. One of the other makers may have a similar kit to reuse the transformer.

Good ideas! I'll have to set something up on my computer desk with the cord because that's where I vape at.

JESUSgotNAILED,

Dr. Plutonious

Finally caught up one what happened to you guys and it's a fucking shame. It just is incredible that this is what government wastes time on...

Wish the best to you. I unfortunately made the switch to vaping after you ceased operations, but a Zap is on my list of things to add to my collection.

Top Bottom