Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Love the Redwood THC. All beautiful pieces. Just wanted to throw up an abv pic. The left is the fresh (CHP), the middle is the RZ and the left is the HA (mostly 360-370F). While it doesn't get it as brown as the HA, it never taste bad, as THC had pointed out. Even the last bits are pretty tasty. More of a faint "burnt popcorn". With the HA, on the high temps, it is considerably more noticible. I haven't used many vapes (no need now), but I can't imagine the taste gets better than what I'm getting. You really taste the strain.

In regards to effect, color doesn't seem to matter. I could probably throw it into the HA and crank it up and maybe get a hit or two more, but it doesn't seem worth it. You can't FEEL that it isn't as dark. I don't FEEL like I'm missing anything. You could give up a little of one for the other, but the RZ seems like the perfect mix of flavor and extraction.

SrxTV.jpg

Magic9,

THCMuscle

I fully agree with Magic9, I don't care what the color of my abv is, as long as I get the vapor experience I want. The RZ provides this perfectly, even the last few hits are very tasty. It's only MORE impressive that the RZ's ABV is very light brown/yellow due to how many hits it delivers. I would naturally expect it to come out very dark due to how much vapor it extracts.

Rick, I love how small some of your new zaps are! I was very tempted by the release of the new "HI", but it looks like the time-tested RZ is only a hair larger! (and far sexier housings). I may need to pick up one of these midget RZs when the perfect one comes along...

One more thought: Rick, will stem holders be available sometime? I love the one-hitter aspect of the RZ, and am often looking to store my stem upright after only a hit or two.

THCMuscle,

JESUSgotNAILED

Hello friends, I am a heavy glass/combustion user who is about to buy his first vape. I've done research on many of the models out there and have heard a ton over the year and a half or so that I've been into the marijuana online community/forums scene. Having said that, I'm pretty darn certain I want the Rockzap to be my first purchase and have a couple questions before I buy one. Maybe ya'll can help me out? :)

First, what's the difference between the models on the site where they list the name? Some say PRIMO before the name, some say REG, some say Grab Bag. What do those mean?

Second, can someone explain to me the difference between a tooty stem and GonG tapered stem? Are there some accessories that one should always order with their RZ? How about for a connection to my tubes' 18mm joints?

Third, it's best to order my RZ from the Aromazap.com website, right? Just making sure there isn't other sellers out there because I like to see all possible choices before choosing. Right now I'm liking the D10 Redwood one on the AZ website quite a bit :D

That's all I can think of now. Thank you!

JESUSgotNAILED,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
Hello JESUS, and welcome!
?#1 PRIMO,REG, and Grab bag, are just a reference to the grain quality. the PRIMO units are going to cost a bit more, simply because they have a prettier grain pattern to Ricks eyes.

?#2 A tooty is just a simple glass stem that you hit dry, they're a little nicer to hit than the standard stems. The tapered GonG stem is a shorter version of the standard stem that makes a perfect airtight seal in a 14mm GonG downstem. You can see them in action on page 257 post #6404 of this thread, courtesy of Nycdiesel.

?#3 Yes, you will want to order from the aromazap.com website. Although, if you want to save a few bucks, they pop up in the clasiffied section right here on FC sometimes.

Albert Hofmann,

chib

Kush please
I still can't believe how many awesome looking CRZ's there are on the website lately, truly beautiful specimens. Kind of regret getting mine right away, still love it all the same though, but myrtle burl is just so damn sexy.

chib,

JESUSgotNAILED

Albert Hofmann said:
Hello JESUS, and welcome!
?#1 PRIMO,REG, and Grab bag, are just a reference to the grain quality. the PRIMO units are going to cost a bit more, simply because they have a prettier grain pattern to Ricks eyes.

?#2 A tooty is just a simple glass stem that you hit dry, they're a little nicer to hit than the standard stems. The tapered GonG stem is a shorter version of the standard stem that makes a perfect airtight seal in a 14mm GonG downstem. You can see them in action on page 257 post #6404 of this thread, courtesy of Nycdiesel.

?#3 Yes, you will want to order from the aromazap.com website. Although, if you want to save a few bucks, they pop up in the clasiffied section right here on FC sometimes.

Thanks for the reply :)

I understand everything you said! I think I'll order myself a Redwood unit (though none of them are PRIMO lol :p:p) tomorrow, with 1 gong tapered stem. I will also order myself an 18>14 reducer adapter from Aqua Labs. Don't think I'll need extra stems since it says they come with 2...

I'm seriously excited, and I swear I do quite enjoy combustion through good glass pieces likes me Stem-8 and King Stemline. I can't wait to try a lil vapor, especially after seeing AZVaporTrai's video of the RZ.

Edit - One more question; what's the average temperature is the unit reach when it comes to taking a moderately-slow pull?

JESUSgotNAILED,

Rick

Zapman
My goodness! so many words from so many people Zapping this thread. Hard for me to figure out where to start. Ya, sure Rick.
Tree, yes, as a matter of fact I picked out a special log yesterday. A special yule log. Thanks for the time slot.
Jesus.... thanks for the inquiries on the Zap and reminding me how confusing I can be with descriptions and especially lack of descriptions, etc. The different descriptions(reg, primo, grab bag, out on a Limb, Retro, etc) were what I first came up with when we started making the CRZs for real in the latter part of September. It was a big hodge podge then, especially with me trying to name each unit, a foolish idea much better suited to each customer. We went to numbers by each month in early October which is working very well. We will be putting stick-on labels on the bottom leather with the item number and wood species very soon. All CRZs are the same except the wood used. I am normally adding $5-10 to the price on what I consider are the premium grain pieces. Sometimes I leave the price regular on some very nice grains like the Walnuts. Most are beautiful. Every unit has the same ceramic insulated solid stainless steel heatport assembly that has been fine tuned to make the kind of vaping air we like.
The hot air produced by our ceramic insulated Zap is very steady and consistent. Our log vape is probably not the best choice if you want to crank up the milk and get a roasted coffee ABV. Ours is sweet and mellow and continuous and very efficient at extracting essentials. They are relatively small compared to the traditional log vape and are getting smaller. We do believe in the traditional extra mass heat sink core used in log vapes for years. The extra mass steel is there for a reason, to provide continuous evenly heated air.
We do have re-sellers. Blisssville has already been mentioned and we have a small retailer in Portland, OR besides Vito in Arizona selling CRZs to medical card holders at reduced prices. I will very soon put links up on our CRZ buy page to other sellers of Zaps. Each seller has their own special twist on the Zaps they sell which we will outline on the CRZ page.

Stem holders yes. We often hear what we need to hear and I often let it go to the wind. The problem is the design. We are doing our best to stay away from labor intensive products. Business success is a fickle girl. If you are going to produce something and sell it, you must have the correct profit built in or you will not be able supply the market if it is a winner. The guy/gal on the lathe is working for wages, not just for fun. I started out long ago on this thread with a statement to the affect of "we are in this for a living, a job, NOT altruism". It does happen to be that especially now our Zap is very good and very unique so we are doing 'a good thing' but it is still about business. The vapes out there you can get and get quickly, easily and regularly are in it for the business. As for stem holders.......keep on hanging. We will come up with something soon.
Y'all sure do learn patience dealing with Zapville!
Albert, thanks for your answers to questions on this thread. You are very helpful and we appreciate it.
THC and Magic, nice shots and comments on ABV. This vapor game is not just black and white. There are so many variables all along the way. Roast coffee ABV is not the best thing for everyone. I am always amazed at how many pulls these new Zaps can do at a steady temp and how the stem tips stay clean. I would be interested in hearing from a dedicated ABV user if the CRZ ABV, even if not dark dark, still has lots of goodies left? What are we pulling with those extra pulls? The only totally spent ABV is dark dark brown? Gimme slow and steady, the Turtle way.

OB, thanks for the post on your Portland store. Guess forum rules are enforced as they should be here on the AZ thread. I'll get some stuff up soon as I mentioned earlier. Thanks for carrying our Zaps in your store.
Better stop for now. I am sure I missed plenty.

Rick,

al bundy

Vaporist
with the ABV for me i was able to put it in my MFLB and still get vapor from it.
Or even put it in my No2 and still get 1-3 whimpy hits (still visible vapor). i got one of the first ceramic zaps (i had vitolos "just nice")
Hits great though,
For me when im done vaping i want it to be done nothing left, nothing to save.
With the LB or the No2 when its done its done.

al bundy,

max

Out to lunch
al bundy said:
For me when im done vaping i want it to be done nothing left, nothing to save.
I don't know why you'd be expecting to get that from a zap, the current version or any other. The temp isn't adjustable.

Rick said:
OB, thanks for the post on your Portland store. Guess forum rules are enforced as they should be here on the AZ thread.
We don't really have a problem with his announcement, since it's one brick and mortar store, but it could set a bad precedent, so the post was returned to him, to be reposted in the Retailer Announcements thread. But if anyone is, or will be, in Portland, OR, look for a shop named 'Blake'. ;)

max,

JESUSgotNAILED

Rick said:
Our log vape is probably not the best choice if you want to crank up the milk and get a roasted coffee ABV. Ours is sweet and mellow and continuous and very efficient at extracting essentials.

That's what I'm looking for :) The last couple posts about goodies still being in the AVB (since we can't just crank up a temp & blast the bud during the last pulls): that just means stronger edibles or whatever you make, if you cook with it, right?

Would like a sticker with the wood type on the bottom of my unit like Rick said he'd start soon, but I'm too impatient to wait for that before ordering mine. I want to order it today, hehe. Having one hell of a hard time deciding between the D10 Redwood model and the D9 Redwood model... does anyone here own a Redwood model? Do they like it? Probably pointless questions there, I know.

Thanks for your help everyone, I'll definitely be sticking around.

Edit - One more question; since the tooty stem's have glass that you put your mouth on, rather than the nylon on standard stems, does that mean the tootys taste better when vaping through rather than nylon?

JESUSgotNAILED,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
JESUSgotNAILED, welcome to the forum. Yes, there may still be some goodies left in the abv with the CRZ, although not as many as it's predecessor. My abv gets pretty dark.

I think the glass cools the vapor down more than making it taste different. Purists may disagree. :D Where I notice a slight difference to the taste is when using the wooden stems, both from Rick and from Ed.

Those Redwoods are beauties. I can see your dilema... :lol:

edit to add: THC, your new Zap is so nice.. Very classy.

momofthegoons,

max

Out to lunch
momofthegoons said:
I think the glass cools the vapor down more than making it taste different.
Same here. There's usually extra length too, which helps. The first time I tried a glass vapor tube I was hooked-cooler indeed. I can't tell a taste difference either.

max,

JESUSgotNAILED

THCMuscle said:
Jesus, my RZ is a redwood, the previous page has a few photos.

Just looked at them. Wow, yours is freaking gorgeous man! How are you liking the wooden stem? You had to order that on the side right, or did it come standard with yours?

I think I'll go with D9, the bevel on D10 isn't as attractive to me anymore, and the pattern/grain looks a lil nicer on D9 after looking at them both for a while.

@momofthegoons: So you feel the tooty's glass cools the vapor down a little bit, but doesn't affect taste much? And you say the wooden stems (I like the look of them) change the taste slightly? Hmmmm... sounds like I should just go with the standard stems and then see if I want something different when I get them. I just didn't know if nylon, which apparently is what your mouth touches, tastes funny or anything like that.

@Max: So you like the glass tootys more than the standard nylon ones it comes with? I'm not sure if I should get one now as an accessory or just wait... only $3 more dollars if I wait and see if I want one once I get my unit.

JESUSgotNAILED,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Niether do I.. I get no flavor at all from the nylon.
I love the glass tooties, but I use nylon more often since you cant see the oils as easily (clean freak here!!!)
I cant stop myself... if I have glass in use, I must polish it! :lol:

Vitolo,
@JESUS- glad to see you are actually serious about pickin up your first vape and can't wait to try out a log vape
@ everyone else- I'm looking for a new vape and this along with another are in my radar but I wanna know what temp range this vape gets to and will I be able to extract some/most CBd/CBNs from my indicas??

$moe-money$,

JESUSgotNAILED

Hahaha, what up Moe! Serious indeed :p

No added taste from the standard nylon, got it.

Well I placed my order a few minutes ago for D9, the sold out Redwood model :) I decided to look for a coupon code and found Rick's on the bottom of his sig and upon finding how much 7% or so takes off, decided to go ahead and get a glass tooty stem with it as well (I'll see which I like most, glass or nylon). I only payed $204 for the RZ, tooty glass stem, and a mini GONG stem. Love that price and the savings! Perfect X-Mas present to myself. Thanks for the answers you guys & Rick, I really, really can't wait to get this bad boy.

JESUSgotNAILED,

chib

Kush please
al bundy said:
I got no bad taste with the nylon stem^^^^

I actually prefer my 2 shorter nylons to my glass stem, I find the glass is a bit too long and it's harder for my lips to get a good seal around it. I would really like if the glass tooties were just a straight tube, not with a formed mouthpiece. But hey, that's just me.

If your AVB isn't dark enough for your liking, You can do what a couple people have suggested. And that is purchase a 13v power supply (the zap is a 12v). Keep in mind that quality does matter, the last thing you want to do is go out and pickup a cheap output from radio shack. Go spend a few extra bucks and get yourself one of quality, think of it as your child.

chib,

Nycdeisel

Hey jesus :wave: Glad to see you took my advice and came to visit this fine thread

The Nylon as I said does not really have any taste to it.

You picked the D9 redwood! Nice choice!

I posted a picture of the ABV I get from a finished stem in my loco RZ, somewhere in this thread. I wish i knew where it was page wise... anyone?

Nycdeisel,
Glad to hear bro, what's the shipping time like? And we need to have a serious session with that RZ when it arrives. Fill the stem with some kief And hook it up to the stem/8 :)

$moe-money$,

chib

Kush please
$moe-money$ said:
Glad to hear bro, what's the shipping time like? And we need to have a serious session with that RZ when it arrives. Fill the stem with some kief And hook it up to the stem/8 :)

Bad idea to be honest, You wont be able to toke it.

chib,
@Chib- really? Is it not efficient with Vaping kief?
And I didnt mean by itself, but with some bud on the top/bottom and kief In the middle

$moe-money$,
Top Bottom